PDA

View Full Version : A note to McNeese fans

GSUAlumniEagle
September 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Due to the new regulations, I had to come inside Gate One and thus on the student section side of the stadium when I entered... and didn't go into the parking lot before the game--spending the day in my apartment with a few friends. After the game, normally the visiting teams fans are walking out and I have the chance to share a few words with them. Except after the game, most of you were still down cheering for your team as I exited the stadium--and you guys earned the chance to do that.

But I just wanted to tell every McNeese fan that came to Statesboro this weekend how much we appreciate your attendance and your support of your team. With the disaster you and your team has went through, I know it had to be difficult to leave the area for a trip nearly 1000 miles away... especially with gas at an unbelievable price in that area. Those of you that showed up are great fans, and I just want to thank you above all. I wish I could have done it in person.

And congrats on the victory... you guys did exactly what you needed to do--don't do anything stupid, and wait on GSU to make mistakes.

igo4uni
September 11th, 2005, 05:25 PM
A very nice post. :)

peace

igo4uni

McTailGator
September 11th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Due to the new regulations, I had to come inside Gate One and thus on the student section side of the stadium when I entered... and didn't go into the parking lot before the game--spending the day in my apartment with a few friends. After the game, normally the visiting teams fans are walking out and I have the chance to share a few words with them. Except after the game, most of you were still down cheering for your team as I exited the stadium--and you guys earned the chance to do that.

But I just wanted to tell every McNeese fan that came to Statesboro this weekend how much we appreciate your attendance and your support of your team. With the disaster you and your team has went through, I know it had to be difficult to leave the area for a trip nearly 1000 miles away... especially with gas at an unbelievable price in that area. Those of you that showed up are great fans, and I just want to thank you above all. I wish I could have done it in person.

And congrats on the victory... you guys did exactly what you needed to do--don't do anything stupid, and wait on GSU to make mistakes.

Thanks for posting,

I was one of those that could not make it because of the Hurricane. But everyone that I know that did make it had a blast and nothing but good things to say.

I was there in 2000 so I know what kind of hospitality you guys show the visiting folks.

Good luck the rest of the year.