PDA

View Full Version : Great season, Griz!

IABison
November 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Great job on your year, Griz... You made this former Montanan proud! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM
argeed.

Tod
November 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
:) :) :) :( :( :( :) :) :)

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
undefeated regular season is nothing to lower your head about... good luck next year

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Great job on your year, Griz... You made this former Montanan proud! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Thanks but there's no such thing as a "former" Montanan. :)

IABison
November 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Agreed... xrotatehx

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks IA. This is a tough pill to swallow. :(

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Smoke and mirrors, baby....smoke and mirrors. :( :( :(

boonegoon
November 24th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Congrats on a great season, Montana! I'm App and SOCON all the way but since I used to live in MT I always rooted for you guys. Kinda wished App could get back there this year so I could make the trip, but I'm relieved all the same. Good luck next year and happy holidays!

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM
11-1 ain't too shabby.

Longhorn
November 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks IA. This is a tough pill to swallow. :(

One pt. losses are bitter pills! Congrats on a great regular season....next year...JMU and MSU in 'Nooga! ;)

Griz40
November 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Oh man you hit the nail on the head!!! MONTANA FOR LIFE!!!

slostang
November 24th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Great season and a real tough loss.

We will see you guys next year in San Luis Obispo September 6th.

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Congratulations on a great season, and on a well played game against Wofford.

You guys deserve it, despite what others might think.

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Congratulations on a good season.

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 05:13 PM
A tough pill for the Home team... that field goal has been made by that kicker for 4 years every time... today he hit it 60 yards and missed (Wow what a leg)

(That's why they play the game)

Any Given Saturday..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM
This week, I have 75 posts on egriz and a bunch on terrierfans. In those posts, I have been impressed by the class of the Montana fans and the great tradition they have.

I congratulate them on a great season and a most memorable game today.

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 05:18 PM
This week, I have 75 posts on egriz and a bunch on terrierfans. In those posts, I have been impressed by the class of the Montana fans and the great tradition they have.

Wofford is real..!!!
What a fun offense and that defense is better than advertised (as far as I can tell)

They run at you (like a spider monkey) from everywhere and nowhere...!!! It's brilliant xlolx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Great season Griz...now that they're done hopefully my Buccaneers can pull off some upsets when they reach the playoffs (probably won't happen but hey ya gotta have faith right)

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
A tough pill for the Home team... that field goal has been made by that kicker for 4 years every time... today he hit it 60 yards and missed (Wow what a leg)

(That's why they play the game)

Any Given Saturday..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

What a horrible way for him to end his career, I feel absolutely sick over that. I can only hope he gets a shot at the NFL.

Griz40
November 24th, 2007, 05:25 PM

DungeonJoe...good win today! It was earned. I am rooting for Wofford the rest of the way!!

Tod
November 24th, 2007, 05:27 PM
DungeonJoe...good win today! It was earned. I am rooting for Wofford the rest of the way!!

Me too! As well as EWU, UNI and McNeese (whoever wins the EWU/McNeese game).

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 05:32 PM
What a horrible way for him to end his career, I feel absolutely sick over that. I can only hope he gets a shot at the NFL.

Well,
he's ranked in the top 5 in the nation... (but this will hurt) they really only count pressure kicks on the "can he do it list" he'll get a try-out for sure but he lost a likely draft...

I bet he fell completely out of the draft

where if he hits it he moves up into maybe the 4th round

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
From an earlier post: See Dan at the bottom................

My prediction on the only FCS (or lower) players to get drafted while anybody is still paying attention:

Ranked 4th in the country = Full Back: Jerome Felton, Furman
~ Big and Fast, they like his Low pad level and fearlessness, Fullbacks with lots of carries and open field moves tend to fumble, Felton does not fumble

Ranked 4th in the country = Tight End: Mike Peterson, Northwest Missouri State NCAA DIV II
~Tall with great top speed, great hands, his blocking has kept him from being ranked even higher

Ranked # 1 in the country = Punter Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State
~Crazy leg strength, can kick the ball 70 yrds on the fly, good short range touch for inside the twenty requirements, consensus best of class ranking

Ranked 4th in the country = Punter Benjamin Dato, Fordham
~Lacks quick delivery and total open field distance, other than that he's almost perfect

Ranked 3rd in the country = Kicker Dan Carpenter, Montana
~Can routinely hit from 45 on grass and outside, has hit 51 and 53 in pressure situations

Griz40
November 24th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Me too! As well as EWU, UNI and McNeese (whoever wins the EWU/McNeese game).
I am just rooting for Wofford. I hate ewu but I hope they beat mcneese. I love the mcneese/Griz rivalry but I want to see the cowboys lose (I am a Lousisana hater and that loss would be perfect with lsu's loss). I love seeing a team that has never won the title before win it all and seeing a team like Wofford win the NC would be great!

Tod
November 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I am just rooting for Wofford. I hate ewu but I hope they beat mcneese. I love the mcneese/Griz rivalry but I want to see the cowboys lose (I am a Lousisana hater and that loss would be perfect with lsu's loss). I love seeing a team that has never won the title before win it all and seeing a team like Wofford win the NC would be great!

Agreed. Like McNeese, UNI and EWU and Wofford! xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Great great season! 11-1 doesn't happen that often.

Eyes of Old Main
November 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks for all the support going forward guys. I really enjoyed chatting about this game with you all and the game didn't disappoint. Montana has a great program and tradition and while I'm proud of our team, I hate that you guys are through for the year. Perhaps we'll meet again (but hopefully under warmer conditions at Gibbs). Anyway, thanks again for the great week and hopefully we'll be able to keep going. It's an honor for you guys to pull for us going forward considering so many great teams are left in this.

wapiti
November 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM
POOR GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!

GoldandBlack
November 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
The entire game felt more like a championship game than a first round.

Congratulations, Griz, on an undefeated season,
and for giving me numerous near-shutdowns of my nervous system during the game.xeekx

The game was played with great passion and sportsmanship at the same time,
and I could not imagine a more welcoming group of people in advance of the game.xbowx

I don't think there's much question you'll be back next year- I hope we are, as well.

GrizzlyBill
November 24th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the support going forward guys. I really enjoyed chatting about this game with you all and the game didn't disappoint. Montana has a great program and tradition and while I'm proud of our team, I hate that you guys are through for the year. Perhaps we'll meet again (but hopefully under warmer conditions at Gibbs). Anyway, thanks again for the great week and hopefully we'll be able to keep going. It's an honor for you guys to pull for us going forward considering so many great teams are left in this.

It is an honor to witness such a game. This was the cleanest and best coached game I have seen this year. It is amazing to me that a school as small and academically demanding as Wofford can field such a football team. Kudos to you guys.

See y'all next year.

Tod
November 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
The entire game felt more like a championship game than a first round.

Congratulations, Griz, on an undefeated season,
and for giving me numerous near-shutdowns of my nervous system during the game.xeekx

The game was played with great passion and sportsmanship at the same time,
and I could not imagine a more welcoming group of people in advance of the game.xbowx

I don't think there's much question you'll be back next year- I hope we are, as well.

We're senior-laden on D, hopefully we can re-load. Our O should be fine, though I hate to see Lex go. :( :(

windwalker
November 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Heck of a year... Great season for the Griz!!!!!

asu70
November 24th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Congrats to UM on a great season and being one of the best programs in the FCS.

slostang
November 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
We're senior-laden on D, hopefully we can re-load. Our O should be fine, though I hate to see Lex go. :( :(

Tod, do you know how many starters the Griz return on both sides of the ball next season?

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Tod, do you know how many starters the Griz return on both sides of the ball next season?

You can see our roster and 2-deep at this website:
http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/roster/xsl/list.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_roster_web&id_team=100&roster_bio_year=2007&flag_record_type_roster=YES&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=person_name_last&-sortorder.1=ascend&-token.2=1&-token.3=1&-token.4=1&-token.5=1&-token.6=1&-token.7=1&-token.8=0&-token.9=1&-max=all&-find

We were a senior-laden team this year and this was our best chance to go to Chatty, IMHO. We'll be reloading next year and probably legitimate underdogs against your Mustangs next September. I'll see you at Mother's Tavern win or lose, rain or shine.

Here is today's nightmare:
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2007_2008/Football/Multimedia/vs_Wofford_(/um-wofford-2007.wmv

gregatim
November 25th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Griz fans, congrats on an impressive season. I know there are some Bison fans reveling in your loss today for whatever reason. I am one that is not, I appreciate your perfect run through the season as we found out how hard that is to do and look forward to the next time we meet you guys on the field.

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 01:06 AM
undefeated regular season is nothing to lower your head about... good luck next year
Ummmm.....tell me the next time you see a Griz fan with a lowered head. You must be thinking of bobcat fans. Thanks for the good luck tho!

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Griz fans, congrats on an impressive season. I know there are some Bison fans reveling in your loss today for whatever reason. I am one that is not, I appreciate your perfect run through the season as we found out how hard that is to do and look forward to the next time we meet you guys on the field.
I was hoping you guys would go undefeated this year. I really hope you keep your coach. It will be amazing to have you guys in the playoff field next year!!! Thanks for the love and good luck next year too!!!!