PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS TERRIERS!

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:01 PM
very nice job boys, you went up there and brought it home to the southxrotatehx hope to see you round 3 in boone!!!!!!!!!!!

furman94
November 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Wow! Today I'm a Terrier fan! You guys just beat Montana in WA GRIZ!! GO TERRIERS!! WIN IT ALL BABY!! BRING IT BACK TO THE UPSTATE!!

Grrrrriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:04 PM
GOOD JOB WOFFORD!!! One of the most exciting games I have ever seen, I will be pulling for you. HELL OF A JOB!!! GO WOFFORD!

gophoenix
November 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
WAY TO GO WOFFORD!!!!!!!!!!

ElonPride
November 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Yes, CONGRATS WOFFORD!!!!!!

I'm pullin' hard for you guys!

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
That is one crazy offense... Great game (Nice final drive) xnodx

pbr1893
November 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
way to man up woffy! we just might meet again!

GSU Eagle
November 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I hated to see Montana lose this way but I was so proud of our SoCon brethren.

Wofford should have been playing at home today as the SoCon autobid team, so maybe the fates looked down favorably on them today.

Whoever won this game was who I was pulling for to win the whole thing.

Now let's go Terriers. Bring it home for the SoCon.

Maybe Wofford will get a home game now?

DuckDuckGriz
Good game Wofford and congrats. This one stings.

AppChicago
Nice job, Wofford! We'd love (and hate!) to see you again on the other side of the Quarters.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Great game Wofford...i no longer have fingernails

PS - that is the most boring offense I've ever seen but it sure getst the job done xlolx xrotatehx

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Way to kick some Griz azz!

The Older Gentleman
November 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I knew the new uniforms and jackets I made for them would bring them luck.xthumbsupx

Elon Fightin' Christians
November 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
NICE !!!!!!

LehighFan11
November 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
GO WOFFORD

pbr1893
ok who would then have home field app or woffy?

ERASU2113
Go SoCon! 2-0 in great games today!

Go Terriers!

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM

That's potentially two weeks away. We both have another game to win before that can really be discussed :)

GrizzlyBill
November 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
WOW! Great game Terriers! That offense is damn well run with some great talent, speed, and coaching. We had some answers, but not quite enough. The Terriers defense did enough. It was really a defensive game, with both teams well under their average scores.

We had our chances. Great game!

GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY, Wofford!

matfu
November 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
congrats to wofford. after watching the entire first half, i can now go watch the second half (tape delayed and enjoy it). kudos to the terriers. so much for montana being such a great team. so much for all that cold weather stuff (at least for one day). a little revenge for montana state beating furman last year.

anybody who does not think we should go back to seeding teams #1-16 is wrong imho. wofford STILL should not have been sent to montana. i certainly expect them to win another round.

two amazing southern conference games today.

109GrizGuy
November 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Congrats to the Terriers. Classy team, classy coach. And, yes - tick, tick, tick...

IABison
November 24th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Way to kick some Griz azz!

Because now you don't need to worry about playing them? I'll be screaming loud for UNH in the dome tonight! You'll see me in my Griz jacket! xsmiley_wix xnodx xnodx xsmiley_wix

Eyes of Old Main
November 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys! It was a classic game for the ages. Both teams deserved to win. Thanks to all the Griz fans who visited us at Terrierfans this week. Chatting with you guys was a pleasure.

Hopefully, Wofford will be ready for next week and keep this thing rolling...

109GrizGuy
November 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Congrats to the Terriers. Classy team, classy coach. And, yes - tick, tick, tick...

oh, and yes, I'll be pulling for Wofford since I'm currently living in SC

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
How you like that, zen of lego?

xconfusedx

Eastern and Wofford in the semis?? Man that would be sweeeeet

matfu
November 24th, 2007, 04:21 PM
i have never pulled so hard for another southern confernce team. i hope wofford wins it all!

Eyes of Old Main
November 24th, 2007, 04:21 PM

Money would talk and Wofford would travel to the Rock. Maybe fair, maybe not, but not much point in discussing.

proasu89
November 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I knew the new uniforms and jackets I made for them would bring them luck.xthumbsupx

How's your heart OG. Mines worked pretty hard today.

proasu89
November 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Money would talk and Wofford would travel to the Rock. Maybe fair, maybe not, but not much point in discussing.

Too early too even talk about it. Great win todayxpeacex

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
keep it going wofford... i really hope we can meet up in boone in 2 weeks...

B&G
November 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Big props to Wofford! I honestly didn't think y'all would do it on the long road trip but you guys really represented the SoCon. Good luck next week!

pbr1893
November 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Go Wofford!...and take Furman with you!!!
I've been waiting awhile for that chance but seriously....
take Furman with you!
Good game!

AppGirl
November 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Way to go Wofford!!! Heard the final just before we got home from the Rock. Let's both win again next week!

proasu89
November 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
congrats to wofford. after watching the entire first half, i can now go watch the second half (tape delayed and enjoy it). kudos to the terriers. so much for montana being such a great team. so much for all that cold weather stuff (at least for one day). a little revenge for montana state beating furman last year.

anybody who does not think we should go back to seeding teams #1-16 is wrong imho. wofford STILL should not have been sent to montana. i certainly expect them to win another round.

two amazing southern conference games today.

was going to watch the 2nd half as well......until the cable company pulled the plug after Mike Ayers halftime interview.xbawlingx The local access channel couldn't wait 2 hours.xoopsx

ASUG8
November 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Next to GSU breaking our home winning streak at the Rock, this was one of the best away wins a team could ask for. Winning in Missoula is not easy (and not completed until now in '07) but you pulled it out. Congrats dogs!

Eaglegus2
November 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Congratulations Wofford!!!!!!!

You represented the SoCon proudly.

I was screaming so long at the radio for you guys.

Now, you have shown the nCAA committee that you are worthy of a playoff game.

Keep up the good work!! Get all of your $$ alumni to make a bid for a home game. I would love to travel to Spartanburg for the semi's.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Great job wofford...

lets both keep winning and meet back here in boone in 2 weeks!

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Wow, I just refreshed the scores. Looks like a great game. Was there a game winning drive in the final seconds involved?

ButlerGSU
November 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Way to go Wofford!

All the way!

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

bustingnut
November 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Great job

Mountaineer
November 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Congrats Terriers!!

xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx

Ya'll made your fellow SoCon brethren proud! xhurrayx

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Congrats.
Montana can be a tough place to win.

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats Terriers!!

xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx

Ya'll made your fellow SoCon brethren proud! xhurrayx
To rip off Hilliary, it takes a conference to prepare a team for the playoffs

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Congratulation Wofford.

Very impressive performance today. I expected more from Wofford's offense, and less from their defense. When Montana got the three turnovers but could not generate points, I became really concerned.

mlbowl
November 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Wow, I just refreshed the scores. Looks like a great game. Was there a game winning drive in the final seconds involved?

Montana missed a game winning FG with about 4 seconds left

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Montana missed a game winning FG with about 4 seconds left

Holy cow, it is a great day to be a college football fan.xnodx

Griz40
November 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Even with the loss killing me, it is a great day to be a college football fan......the games so far have been great!

mlbowl
November 24th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Well, I still have Carroll College to root for...The Saints advanced to the NAIA semis. Go Saints!

stevdock
November 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Very impressive win. Congrats. Tough place to play, tougher place to win at. Two good teams battling it out to the end. Absolute travesty that Montana had to play that good a team with a 3 seed, but still a very impressive win by Wofford.

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Very impressive win. Congrats. Tough place to play, tougher place to win at. Two good teams battling it out to the end. Absolute travesty that Montana had to play that good a team with a 3 seed, but still a very impressive win by Wofford.
Ironic that last Sunday we talked about Wofford having to travel all the way out there. Now we talk about hosting that good a team. Not slamming you stevdock, just another observation!

buckp
November 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Congrats Terriers! xbowx

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
What's up Terriers WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA
What's up Terriers WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOOOOA!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Seven Would Be Nice
November 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Great game Wofford!!

I'll be rooting for y'all all the way!!

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
All woffy posters get Rep points today!!xthumbsupx

seantaylor
November 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Again the Socon proves to be the best conference. GSU should be in the playoffs, but oh well.

Eyes of Old Main
November 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM
GSU should be in the playoffs, but oh well.

I agree you guys should have been in over some that got in, but we all know what happens when the committee gets together. GSU proved this year that they are back and will be in the playoffs next year.

ASU88
November 24th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Well done, Ankle-biters! Did the SoCon proud!

windwalker
November 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Well done Wofford. Great win!

Polar Bear
November 24th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Wofford first posseion - FUMBLE-
Wofford 2nd possesion - INT-

Mont zero pts, great defensive stand early for the Terriers. Could have been a very different game.

Congrats Terrier fans, and good luck the rest of the way.

lizrdgizrd
November 24th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Great job Wofford! I knew you could do it, just didn't know if you would. xhurrayx

Montana, you guys had a great season! xthumbsupx

GoldandBlack
November 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks to all the Griz fans for a great week leading up to the game, including all the offers of hospitality to Terriers fans who could make the trek.

As pumped as I am after the win, I hate the win had to come on a wide left from the Griz' fine kicker- especially since he's a senior. I hope he has the chance to play on Sundays next year.

I can't help but wondering how much noise Georgia Southern, The Citadel, Furman or Elon would make in the playoffs this year. Not sour grapes, just looking at the brackets and matchups.xnodx

gsugt1
November 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Congrats and great win !!

asu70
November 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Congrats to Wofford on a great win and to UM on a great season.

YesAppCan
November 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Add one more hardy "Congratulations" to Wofford.

APPride
November 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM
DANG! GREAT JOB WOFFORD...VERY IMPRESSIVE W...

Grizo406
November 24th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Nothing but love, and huge congrats to a tremendous football program!

The Terriers got it done, and the better team won today. Good on ya' for that!

Best of luck the rest of the way!

HaveFunKc
November 24th, 2007, 07:39 PM
DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!! Traveling to Wa-Griz and leaving with the W! Way to go Wofford!! xthumbsupx

GtFllsGriz
November 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Congrats Wofford. One heck of a game. I knew when we got that last penalty and did not get the TD with 6:00 left that we were in trouble. You can't settle for threes all day and expect to beat a great team. We needed about 10 more seconds and 10 more yards.

Good luck in the playoffs, you're very deserving and a classy bunch.

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats Wofford. One heck of a game. I knew when we got that last penalty and did not get the TD with 6:00 left that we were in trouble. You can't settle for threes all day and expect to beat a great team. We needed about 10 more seconds and 10 more yards.

Good luck in the playoffs, you're very deserving and a classy bunch.

Exactly my thoughts at the time GF. Settling for 3's is a killer. When you've got first and goal on the 3, and have to settle for a 3, that's a complete failure of the offense to execute, in my opinion. It would have made it a two possession game, and could have significantly changed the mood on the Wofford sideline. Instead, the defensive stand (and boneheaded penalty) were a huge morale boost, and really turned the game. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

appsfan
November 24th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Congratulations Wofford! It is great to see a SoCon brother do well.

spelunker64
November 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Congrats Wofford!

TokyoGriz
November 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well played Terriers!

Last drive by Wofford was killer for sure.

But the Griz did put themselves into possible winning position in the last few seconds just like a champion team would.

Well played on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully Eastern Washington will kick some ass for the Big Sky after they take care of Mcneese today.
xnodx

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2007, 09:44 PM
This loss would hurt a whole lot more if it weren't to the hands of such a damn good team. xthumbsupx

We weren't ready to play today, and you guys took it to us. If I never see an option team again, it'll be too soon. I'm definitely going to have nightmares about watching your players storm the field as the field goal sailed left. In fact, the more I think about the game, the more it makes me upset. xnonono2x

Great game Terriers! Good luck in the rest of the playoffs. xpeacex

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2007, 09:54 PM
This loss would hurt a whole lot more if it weren't to the hands of such a damn good team. xthumbsupx

We weren't ready to play today, and you guys took it to us. If I never see an option team again, it'll be too soon. I'm definitely going to have nightmares about watching your players storm the field as the field goal sailed left. In fact, the more I think about the game, the more it makes me upset. xnonono2x

Great game Terriers! Good luck in the rest of the playoffs. xpeacex
Thanks for the kudos... I understand Ayers had an emotional interview for the Montana TV station; it was perhaps the greatest win in our program's history, given the context

Lady Fan of the Griz
November 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Nice win Terriers. It was a good game just wish there would have been a different ending. :D

Good luck next week. I'll be rooting for you and Eastern Washington. If you both win it will be tough the following week cheering against either team. Conference affiliation might win out but wouldn't mind seeing you head to the NC either.

spdram
November 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Way to go Terriers! Looking forward to next weeks game with you and my Spiders!

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats Terriers.

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the kudos... I understand Ayers had an emotional interview for the Montana TV station; it was perhaps the greatest win in our program's history, given the context

Joe, we're usually the greatest win in any team's program history. :D :D :D

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Joe, we're usually the greatest win in any team's program history. :D :D :D
yes, especially at WA/Griz where an opposing team fights the noise, the cold, and then the griz team!xthumbsupx

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2007, 10:15 PM
yes, especially at WA/Griz where an opposing team fights the noise, the cold, and then the griz team!xthumbsupx

Your terriers played well. Both teams had chances, and mine did not capitalize. Congratulations to you. xbawlingx xbawlingx

Yeah, Coach Ayers said some nice things about Montana's coaching staff and players, and said that they essentially underestimated the WA Griz Stadium effect (said that playing in front of 80,000 people at somewhere/NC State didn't hold a candle to this place). Your team and coach had class today. Tough, Clean, hard-playing, little dogs.

Griz0383
November 24th, 2007, 10:22 PM
That was a fun game and Wofford is a class program. Congrats!!!! loosing on a missed field goal is not a bad way to go out and Montana's players should be proud. EWU rolled over McNeese and put over 600 + yards on a good team and will give ASU fits. EWU scores points and plays D and the lucky bastards didn't have to play a crazy boring offense. I will pull for Wofford until they play EWU!!!

46_Griz
November 24th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Congrats Terriers. Was a hard fought game. The most telling stat for me is the red zone scoring. The Griz were 5 for 5, Terriers were 4 for 4. Just settled for field goals. Not taking anything away from the Wofford D, but the Griz play to darn conservative most of the time. Was a great crowd today - the noise caused a couple of problems for Wofford.

That triple option is one tough offense to slow down. I think the Griz D did a pretty good job overall - held them to under their average for yards and points. Very impressed with the Wofford players. Very disciplined, made good blocks, very good tackles, good speed.

Enjoy the win. Hard to lose a close game like that at home but you guys made the plays when you had to and earned. Good luck the rest of way (unless you play EWU)