PDA

View Full Version : Good Job ESPN

turfdoc
November 24th, 2007, 11:30 AM
NOT......

I cannot believe that ESN picked these two games. WEAK WEAK WEAK. making sure the ratings fail. One more TD and I will most likely hit the stores with my girlfriend, save the football time for games worth watching.

turfdoc
November 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
maybe a I will have to eat crow.....I would be happy to do it

ChickenMan
November 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
E specialy
S tupid
P ick
N o doubt

Two great last second one point games.. JMU/ASU and Wofford/Montana and ESPN elects to televise the UD/Del St mismatch. Well done boys.

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
guess those two you named didnt have a good enough "storyline"....

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Was told ESPN tried to get the committee to choose the ASU/JMU game to be aired. They wanted the game.

However, they chose Del/Del. St. and UMass/Fordham.....

the best two games of the day....the whole country didn't get to see. Even with ESPN News picking up the last parts of both games, still people missed 2 great games.

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
i guess they were tryin to save the "good" games for later in the playoffs....whatever i dont know

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
im not surprised... even though i love the coverage fcs gets from espn... there is plenty to be improved... to say the least

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
storyline or not they are the schools that are the most known around the country and it is just stupid not to pick them

catbob
November 24th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I thought Del was a good choice, especially since it was Friday. But they should have shown a better matchup Saturday, and one more of them!

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:42 PM
the storylines were with the jmu and app state game... the last title winners etc... plus what a great game

blukeys
November 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
ASU and JMU should have been picked. Considering the MEAC's lack of recent success in the playoffs, anyone who really knew anything about FCS football would have picked JMU-ASU.

Only an ignoramous more interested in appearing politically correct than delivering a quality game would have made the choices that were made.

EmeryZach
November 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM
The UMass vs Fordham game was 35-35 in the 4th, so that didn't turn out to be a horrible pick.

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
The UMass vs Fordham game was 35-35 in the 4th, so that didn't turn out to be a horrible pick.

Congrats on the win today.

I hope ESPN picks better games next week, although Fordham - UMass was better then I thought it would be.

Intrepid
November 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
You guys really need to stop bitchin about ESPN this and that...there are at least two threads about that already. It's over, move the hell on.

bodoyle
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Why can't CSTV pick up FCS football atleast just for the playoffs? Is it that expensive?

Hmmm but you need more then 1 station to show multipe games at the same time. Whatever happened to that America Channel?

umassfan
November 25th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Why can't CSTV pick up FCS football atleast just for the playoffs? Is it that expensive?

Hmmm but you need more then 1 station to show multipe games at the same time. Whatever happened to that America Channel?

I think ESPN owns some kind of rights over it... I could be wrong though.

bodoyle
November 25th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I think ESPN owns some kind of rights over it... I could be wrong though.

Wouldn't owning the rights constitute that the network actually gives a rat's a$$ about what they put on? :( xconfusedx

appstate1998
November 25th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Im just happy at least Comcast had the ASU/JMU game on CSS so I got to watch it

Purple Reign
November 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
And then there's that boring UNI/UNH game. Wouldn't want to pick the game featuring the number one team in the nation. Naw, that wouldn't make any sense. Probably a good choice on their part, what with such a boring final 4 minutes!!!!!!!!!

PR