PDA

View Full Version : 2007 PLAYOFFS: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa >Official Game Thread<

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
TV: CFU and Mediacom, 7:35 PM ET
UNH Audio (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/nal)
UNI Audio (http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=niwa)
Gametracker (http://ncaasports.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=629245&school=ncaa&sport=mfootbl&GameTrackerv3)

OK lets get an actual game thread going that doesnt involve the UN ;)

Lets also get some score predictions that we can hold you to when the games over :D

UNH 27, UNI 24

JayJ79
November 24th, 2007, 12:00 AM
UNI 35, UNH 21

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 12:00 AM
UNH notes: http://epic.unh.edu/unhwildcats/media/football/FBgamenotes/NorthernIowaFootballGameNotes.pdf
UNI notes: http://unipanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release
UNH listen: http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/nal
UNI listen: http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=niwa

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 12:02 AM
UNH notes: http://epic.unh.edu/unhwildcats/media/football/FBgamenotes/NorthernIowaFootballGameNotes.pdf
UNI notes: http://unipanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 12:02 AM

Syntax Error
November 24th, 2007, 12:06 AM
TV: CFU and Mediacom, 6:35 PM CT :p

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2007, 12:30 AM
UNI 38 UNH 21

Intrepid
November 24th, 2007, 06:54 AM
UNH 29 UNI 21
Will this game be televised???

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 07:45 AM
UNI 42 UNH 21

Believe it.

Also:
159-40-1 in the UNI-Dome.

That's a winning percentage of 79.5&#37;. xrulesx xreadx xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 07:46 AM
UNH 29 UNI 21

It's being televised here in the Cedar Valley, and across the Panther State, but I don't think nationally.

danefan
November 24th, 2007, 08:03 AM
UNH 27
UNI 24

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
What time do some of you from in the area plan on going to tailgate? It will be a cold one, but I plan on still tailgating outside! I am not going to make a prediction because I am a little superstitious about stuff like that...

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 08:09 AM
What time do some of you from in the area plan on going to tailgate? It will be a cold one, but I plan on still tailgating outside! I am not going to make a prediction because I am a little superstitious about stuff like that...

I'm a big wuss about cold and I don't enjoy drinking, so I'm headed straight to the Dome about...5 maybe? I dunno.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 08:12 AM
UNI 42 UNH 21

Believe it.

Also:
159-40-1 in the UNI-Dome.

That's a winning percentage of 79.5%. xrulesx xreadx xthumbsupx

so according to your winning % there, your due for a loss at the dome :p

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
so according to your winning &#37; there, you're due for a loss at the dome :p

Nah, not so much. Your team will see the record as they enter the field--it's posted above where the opposing team enters the Dome. xsmiley_wix

Dome Magic baby, Dome Magic. Ah, I feel good about this.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I just realized this isn't the only thing we have in common. We also have this:
http://iowapublicradio.org/exchangeExchange.php

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 08:43 AM
UNH 34, UNI 31
I'm a nervous wreck. Good luck to both teams. It's been a pleasure discussing football with Northern Iowa fans the past week. Enjoy it.

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM
UNH 29 UNI 21

UNH 27
UNI 24

How do you guys see UNH's defense holding the Panther's offense under 30 points?

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Well, UNH held Delaware to 10 points until they felt the game was out of reach, 3 points against Hofstra, 0 points against Marshall in the first half, 14 against Maine and 27 against UMass, so I wouldn't completely discount them. They have their lapses, but every now and then they surprise us. UNI's offense kind of reminds me of UMass', so in that sense, my hope is it's close. UMass is efficient and doesn't make a lot of offensive mistakes, and UNH has had some success stopping their offense. Sanders is better than Cohen this season, but we'll see.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 08:57 AM
How do you guys see UNH's defense holding the Panther's offense under 30 points?

...especially since we are averaging 36.72 points per game!

Pantherpower
November 24th, 2007, 08:57 AM
so according to your winning % there, your due for a loss at the dome :p

Thanks for losing that ugly avatar you had before. That thing made my skin crawl!;)

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Well, UNH held Delaware to 10 points until they felt the game was out of reach, 3 points against Hofstra, 0 points against Marshall in the first half, 14 against Maine and 27 against UMass, so I wouldn't completely discount them. They have their lapses, but every now and then they surprise us. UNI's offense kind of reminds me of UMass', so in that sense, my hope is it's close. UMass is efficient and doesn't make a lot of offensive mistakes, and UNH has had some success stopping their offense. Sanders is better than Cohen this season, but we'll see.
How's the run defense? That, to me, could be the tell tale sign of this game. The Panther O-line is huge and they like to run the ball. UNI went into Macomb and crushed a very tough, physical WIL team.

You are right that Sanders is good, but I think it will be the Panther run game that controls the day.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 09:17 AM
It's Coen, btw. My mistake.

Our run defense is not very good, but occasionally, they'll surprise you. We're without TJ Taylor, our best DT, and Tyler Brown, a useful DT/DE, so that should hurt us. You'll see a rotation between Marvin Wright (a very agile 265 pound DE/DT who is our best athlete, easily), Steve Young (an FBS recruit who got hurt and has some good talent) and Jordan Long (has come on reasonably this year) at DT. Sadly, they're all only between 265 and 275, probably, so they're small. Taylor was a little bigger, so we'll miss him. At DE, you'll see Kevin Peters, Kyle Maroney and Matt Perdoni, and none are great at stopping the run. You'll frankly be surprised to see us generate any pressure with our front 4. Our LB's are good tacklers, but they get worn down because they're small, and again, we only play 2 LB's and our big Nickel in the box (usually Souza). Souza might be our biggest threat to stop the run. You'll be able to get 4-5 yards running the ball, at will, but UNH will not yield the big pass play, no matter what. It'll be methodical, and they hope they can get you to make a mistake or go for the FG. Our CB's play ridiculously far off, but they're so small that they almost have to.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2007, 09:19 AM
106th total defense for UNH...interesting predictions considering. AGS i suppose.

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
GAMEDAY!! WOOO!!!!

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I gotta say I think this might be a 49 to 21 game, but if UNI runs the ball like they did at WIU and plays defense like they did in the second half of the YSU game it might be more like 49 to 10.

o25bigmac
November 24th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Norther Iowa 49 New Hampsire 27

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I gotta say I think this might be a 49 to 21 game, but if UNI runs the ball like they did at WIU and plays defense like they did in the second half of the YSU game it might be more like 49 to 10.

Yes, our best defense today will be our running offense. If we can have another quarter like the 3rd at Western. (For you non Panthers, they only ran 3 plays the entire quarter.) I really like our chances. Santos can't score from the sideline.

It's only 9:30 and I'm already jacked up on Mountian Dew!!!!! :)

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Taken from a College Sporting News:

In Cedar Falls, Iowa
New Hampshire (7-4) at No. 1 Northern Iowa (11-0) (6:35 PM CT)
So they went with five. Superstar quarterback Ricky Santos has to be thanking his lucky stars that he is playing another game right now, as the NCAA playoff selection committee broke with tradition and picked New Hampshire as the 5th CAA team. Not only did they pick 5 teams from the same conference for the first time ever, they did so while overlooking a lot of teams that were playoff eligible with better records: like Dayton (10-1, 8 D-I wins), Albany (8-3, 8 D-I wins) and Norfolk State (8-3, 7 D-I wins). Interestingly, if you consider the CAA as two different conferences, North and South, this would be the second “CAA North” team to qualify whereas “CAA South” had three teams – more grist for the mill for folks who think that the CAA ought to be split into different conferences altogether.

Of course, that doesn’t matter one whit to the Panthers, who are enjoying their first perfect regular season since 1909 with a team that doesn’t boast many weaknesses. The centerpieces of the offensive attack is dependable quarterback Eric Sanders (76% completion percentage, 2,237 yards passing, 21 touchdowns, only 5 interceptions), runningback Corey Lewis (1,697 all-purpose yards, 11 touchdowns) and wideout Johnny Gray (1,211 all-purpose yards, 9 touchdowns). Their attack is versatile and unpredictable, while the defense has also been stellar with defensive tackle Mark Huygens (31 tackles, 6 ˝ tackles for loss) and linebacker Brannon Carter (72 tackles, 5 interceptions).

Clearly, for the Wildcats to avenge their quarterfinals loss to Northern Iowa (the last time these two teams met was in 2005 by a 24-21 score), superstar Ricky Santos will have to play lights-out like he has all season (73% completion percentage, 2,721 yards passing, 31 touchdowns). But it’s also likely that runningback Chad Kackert (319 yards, 3 touchdowns) and the Wildcats’ runningback-by-committee approach will have to do a better job. Defensively, linebacker Husain Karim (118 tackles) and defensive back Jeff Pammer (119 tackles, 2 interceptions) will have to anchor a defense that is giving up 181 yards on the ground on average in 2007.

Santos will get his last hurrah, and he’ll go off the field like a true warrior. With nothing to lose, the Wildcats give the Panthers a major scare, but ultimately the Panthers settle down and advance.
Super… Sanders 31, Braveheart Santos 28

31? 31 points?? I just don't get what CSN seeing in the UNH defense that is going to slow down the Panthers.

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Not to pour salt in the impending wound, but I have to say I think UNI's special teams are also better than UNH's and will have a say in field position today and make the field really long for the Wildcat offense.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for losing that ugly avatar you had before. That thing made my skin crawl!;)
several ags members made donations to the New Hampshire Food Bank in return for me removing the avatar :D

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM
btw it wasnt ugly, it may have made your skin crawl, but it certainly wasnt ugly.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I don't see how UNI thinks they're going to completely dominate Ricky Santos...so it's a question of that, as well. I'd be surprised if this wasn't a close game, as Ricky Santos in ideal conditions is extremely difficult to stop. They allowed 31 points to Northeastern, and I'm willing to chalk that up to hurricane conditions and a good running back. They allowed 27 points to UMass, but UMass also fumbled a possession away that was not called and demoralized us by ripping away an INT that could've quite possibly been a TD. Instead of 24-7 at that point, you're looking at 17-14 and UNH's ball. UMass also scored on a turnover inside the UNH 9, so it's hard to fault UNH's defense there. We struggle with the option and moving QB's (JMU with Landers, URI) but UNI doesn't have that. The Richmond game is the one game where this defense just looked abysmal and I have no reason for it, so that could be the source of people clamoring for a huge blowout. I just don't see it, though. It seems shocking to me that a team who has played six games in the playoffs in three years, with the best QB in FCS (or close to it) is going to get lit up by a team that wasn't in the playoffs last year. Seems doubtful to me.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
several ags members made donations to the New Hampshire Food Bank in return for me removing the avatar :D

That's actually very cool! xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I should mention, I'm not saying UNI is not the favorite. They're the decided favorite. I'm just saying I'd be surprised if it wasn't close (I've been wrong before, though!)

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Yes, our best defense today will be our running offense. If we can have another quarter like the 3rd at Western. (For you non Panthers, they only ran 3 plays the entire quarter.) I really like our chances. Santos can't score from the sideline.

you can have as long a drives as you want, but if Santos can drive down when he has the ball then it wont matter. high or low scoring, I really think this game will come down to who has the ball last.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
It seems shocking to me that a team who has played six games in the playoffs in three years, with the best QB in FCS (or close to it) is going to get lit up by a team that wasn't in the playoffs last year. Seems doubtful to me.

This isn't the team we had last year. This team is miles above and beyond our 2006 team. They fell short last year, and they worked hard this year to overcome that and get where they are. xthumbsupx xpeacex

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Not to pour slat in the impending wound, but I have to say I think UNI's special teams are also better than UNH's and will have a say in field position today and make the field really long for the Wildcat offense.
UNH has some big play makers on its return team.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM

I'm saving my Pepsi drinking for the game. ;)

Also, we have some kick-arse Italian Ice for sale there, I sure hope he's there this week!

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
That's actually very cool! xthumbsupx
thats why i have what I have as an avatar now :)

unicat87
November 24th, 2007, 10:03 AM
This isn't the team we had last year. This team is miles above and beyond our 2006 team. They fell short last year, and they worked hard this year to overcome that and get where they are. xthumbsupx xpeacex

Shhhh! Let them think we aren't as good as we are (if they think we aren't any good because we were "only" 7-4 in 2006). I guess 11-0 is something to be sneezed at by some. Our guys have worked incredibly hard to get where we are. -unicat87

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't see how UNI thinks they're going to completely dominate Ricky Santos...so it's a question of that, as well. I'd be surprised if this wasn't a close game, as Ricky Santos in ideal conditions is extremely difficult to stop. They allowed 31 points to Northeastern, and I'm willing to chalk that up to hurricane conditions and a good running back. They allowed 27 points to UMass, but UMass also fumbled a possession away that was not called and demoralized us by ripping away an INT that could've quite possibly been a TD. Instead of 24-7 at that point, you're looking at 17-14 and UNH's ball. UMass also scored on a turnover inside the UNH 9, so it's hard to fault UNH's defense there. We struggle with the option and moving QB's (JMU with Landers, URI) but UNI doesn't have that. The Richmond game is the one game where this defense just looked abysmal and I have no reason for it, so that could be the source of people clamoring for a huge blowout. I just don't see it, though. It seems shocking to me that a team who has played six games in the playoffs in three years, with the best QB in FCS (or close to it) is going to get lit up by a team that wasn't in the playoffs last year. Seems doubtful to me.Yeah, but a lot of folks could say that UNH don't deserve to be in the play-offs this year too. Thank God they had the UMass AD in their pocket. xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

AS for last year, that was last year and the Panthers are using that as motivation to prove just how good they are on a national level just not in the Gateway.

If you want to compare 7 and 4 teams...I would put last years 7-4 Panthers up against this years 7-4 Wildcats any day of the week. You'd probably have a better chance due to Sander's injury.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I just pulled the muscle between my neck and left shoulder. OUCH! perhaps that will keep us injury free. (I did it on accident, it hurts like a mother.)

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I think that this game will be a close one, but one of keys for UNH will be their offense getting off to a fast start. When they score early it energizes the entire team, especially the defense.

I see it as UNH 41 UNI 38

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Even though I predicted a high scoring game, if UNH scores early, the defense will not get demoralized or worn down as fast

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I just pulled the muscle between my neck and left shoulder. OUCH! perhaps that will keep us injury free. (I did it on accident, it hurts like a mother.)

Turned your head quickly when you saw this pic???:D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/medium/73933_shannon_spake.jpg

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Turned your head quickly when you saw this pic???:D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/medium/73933_shannon_spake.jpg

Honestly? I was trying to press very hard on this monster zit that has erupted on my forehead so that it would dissipate without growing larger or me having to pop it.

...that wasn't exactly smart of me.

newsbreaker
November 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I think that this game will be a close one, but one of keys for UNH will be their offense getting off to a fast start. When they score early it energizes the entire team, especially the defense.

I see it as UNH 41 UNI 38

UNH HAS to get off to a fast start, IMHO. If the Panthers get up early, watch out.

There are a lot of questions here. UNH won't be able to run the ball, but can the Panthers accomplish that with the front four, and if they do, will that free the backers to take care of the intermediate pass, where UNI has traditionally had the most problems?

Of course, little of that will matter if UNI runs the ball like they are capable. If those big earth movers open up the holes they should against a defense like this, this will be a fun game for UNI fans to watch. UNI fans have seen this 10 times this year....the exception being Youngstown, who caused us fits when they shouldn't have. That is the reason to be nervous.

Another factor not previously discussed. UNH is good in good conditions, but the UNI-Dome is a unique experience. The weather is great, but there is no crown. There are times when opposing QB's who have never played on such a surface before really struggle early, because they're used to throwing downhill. That can result in a lot of underthrown balls early, and takes a bit to get used to.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:25 AM
UNH HAS to get off to a fast start, IMHO. If the Panthers get up early, watch out.

There are a lot of questions here. UNH won't be able to run the ball, but can the Panthers accomplish that with the front four, and if they do, will that free the backers to take care of the intermediate pass, where UNI has traditionally had the most problems?

Of course, little of that will matter if UNI runs the ball like they are capable. If those big earth movers open up the holes they should against a defense like this, this will be a fun game for UNI fans to watch. UNI fans have seen this 10 times this year....the exception being Youngstown, who caused us fits when they shouldn't have. That is the reason to be nervous.

Another factor not previously discussed. UNH is good in good conditions, but the UNI-Dome is a unique experience. The weather is great, but there is no crown. There are times when opposing QB's who have never played on such a surface before really struggle early, because they're used to throwing downhill. That can result in a lot of underthrown balls early, and takes a bit to get used to.

Did you read this blog? He's saying the same thing! Very astute of you.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=362218a4842c4d119b6d0d74374afb42&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=362218a4842c4d119b6d0d74374afb42&plckPostId=Blog%3a362218a4842c4d119b6d0d74374afb42 Post%3a41e5a843-feb8-435d-a189-0cb71c69bbae&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

newsbreaker
November 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I haven't had a chance to read anything yet today!!!

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I haven't had a chance to read anything yet today!!!

You are a psychic genius!!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
You are a psychic genius!!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

LOL...........well, maybe!!:D :D :D :D :D xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hey, I can't seem to figure it out...will they be able to announce other FCS playoff scores in the Dome tonight?

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I would assume if they wanted to they will. Not sure how interested they will be in it though since the winner of the games opponent is already known.

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Hey, I can't seem to figure it out...will they be able to announce other FCS playoff scores in the Dome tonight?
See my response to your post over on AGS.

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
So you UNI or UNH fans know I am heading to tailgate in about half hour or so. I will be in the north lot so if you are going to be there I will be wearing a bright orange stocking hat and a purple uni sweatshirt. GO PANTHERS!!

UNHFan99
November 24th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Good luck to UNH. Im off to Atlantic City. I will be listening. Go cats!!!

Longnecker
November 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I have to go for the purple pussy cats to win big as "We Are Gateway". UNI by 27 . How's that Capt? xoxoxlolx

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Good luck to UNH. Im off to Atlantic City. I will be listening. Go cats!!!

gonna bet on the game???

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Im the onl;y person who picked UNH in the bracket pool -_-

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Im the onl;y person who picked UNH in the bracket pool -_-

What are you trying to say??

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 03:00 PM
im gonna be the only person in the pool who was right ;)

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
im gonna be the only person in the pool who was right ;)

Well, I guess that's why we play the games.!!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D :D

Mn_Moose
November 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
New Hampshire 10
Northern Iowa 38

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Wow. 38-10? Jesus. Have you seen UNH play this season? With the exception of a god awful effort against UMass and a hurricane against NU, UNH scored 24 (@ JMU, playoff team, first game of season), 48 (@ FBS Marshall), 52 (Dartmouth), 38 (@ Richmond, playoff team), 35 (Delaware, playoff team, up 35-10 at one point), 49 (URI, in bad weather), 39 (Maine, against a good defense). Unless Santos and company play as bad as they did against Umass, I'd be very impressed if you kept UNH's offense at 10 points. The 38 points you project for UNI is more than believable, however.

ButlerGSU
November 24th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Great job playoff selection committee, we've had some certified blowouts so far.

citdog
November 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Wow. 38-10? Jesus. Have you seen UNH play this season? With the exception of a god awful effort against UMass and a hurricane against NU, UNH scored 24 (@ JMU, playoff team, first game of season), 48 (@ FBS Marshall), 52 (Dartmouth), 38 (@ Richmond, playoff team), 35 (Delaware, playoff team, up 35-10 at one point), 49 (URI, in bad weather), 39 (Maine, against a good defense). Unless Santos and company play as bad as they did against Umass, I'd be very impressed if you kept UNH's offense at 10 points. The 38 points you project for UNI is more than believable, however.

some folks think Jesus sees all the games

Eaglegus2
November 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Is this game on TV????

If not, can someone post a link for me to listen.

I don't want to miss this game.

Thanks!

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Is this game on TV????

If not, can someone post a link for me to listen.

I don't want to miss this game.

Thanks!
links to both teams audio in the first post of the thread

Mn_Moose
November 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Have you seen UNH play this season?

No I haven't. But, only SIU has scored more than 17 points against UNI and you are playing in the DOME

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM
No I haven't. But, only SIU has scored more than 17 points against UNI and you are playing in the DOME

DOME MAGIC!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I realize this isn't the same team, but UNH put up 600+ yards of offense on you two years ago in freezing conditions!

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I realize this isn't the same team, but UNH put up 600+ yards of offense on you two years ago in freezing conditions!

Not gonna happen this time. Don't book your tickets to Chattanooga.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Heh, confident group. Rightly so. We'll see what happens.

OxSoxUNH05
November 24th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Can the game just start! I had nothing to watch on TV (FBS afternoon games seem lackluster to me) and just finished a book and i'm not going out to shop in the madness that is after thanksgiving sales! Well all that and I wish I was at the game!

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
leaving for the game now.

unicat87
November 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
leaving for the game now.

My Dad and I are leaving for the game now also! Go Panthers! -unicat87

Mn_Moose
November 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Can the game just start! I had nothing to watch on TV (FBS afternoon games seem lackluster to me) and just finished a book and i'm not going out to shop in the madness that is after thanksgiving sales! Well all that and I wish I was at the game!

There is a large contingent of Iowa people watching the WV UConn game. Tyler Lorenzen has local ties.

Pantherpower
November 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I would assume if they wanted to they will. Not sure how interested they will be in it though since the winner of the games opponent is already known.

It's pretty neat what you did with the proceeds from taking the picture down.xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
It's pretty neat what you did with the proceeds from taking the picture down.xthumbsupx
I shoulda told em all to send me the money then I coulda added it into my tv fund and got a nice wide screen HDTV instead of a cheap 20" tube flat screen lol

catbob
November 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM
TV/Internet feed?

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Okay, I just wanna let you all know that I am not 100&#37; health wise, but I am still going to the game. I won't let it slow me down!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
You can access UNH's radio feed on yahoo. Nothing I know of a TV feed.

devilhen
November 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Whether the team is better than 2006 or not, if you think this won't be a game, you could be in for quite a surprise...xpeacex

WildCat In The Hat
November 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I'm hearing there going an be an internet feed of the game on CSTV. I hope it's true. Richmond is on there now.

xpeacex

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I'm hearing there going an be an internet feed of the game on CSTV. I hope it's true. Richmond is on there now.

xpeacex
is that free?

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 05:06 PM
nm even if its not I have some free CSTV links around

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Oh boy! That would be huge if CSTV can come up with that.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 05:14 PM
the CSTV links I have all have SEC stuff right now, no richmond game

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Whether the team is better than 2006 or not, if you think this won't be a game, you could be in for quite a surprise...xpeacex

Um, duh! I know this is going to be a game. I'm saying you are in for the fight of the season.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
ONE HOUR

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 05:44 PM
LETS GO UNH!

Eaglegus2
November 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Should anyone of links for audio or video would you post them. It seems that Dish Network doesn't have any of the games on their schedule.

NovaHater
November 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM

xpeacex

Huh ? Richmond is on what internet feed ? Not the CSTV internet feed.
Are you talking audio or video ?xoopsx

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Gametracker (http://ncaasports.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=629245&school=ncaa&sport=mfootbl&GameTrackerv3)

WildCat In The Hat
November 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM
the CSTV links I have all have SEC stuff right now, no richmond game

Richmonds definitely on-I'm watching it-Hightower just scored a TD. The site is free-will probably ask you your email addy and a password-but no payments or anything like that.

Here's a link that should work-just go down to the Richmond Game Boxscore and click on the video link. Thats when it will ask you to set up an account.

http://www.cstv.com/teams/m-footbl/scoreboards/top25/top25-d-fcs-scoreboard-week-main.html if this doesn't work go to SPORTS-FOOTBALL-DI FCS-and then look at the scores.

I'm not saying UNH is definitely on (there no video link yet), but I did hear that it will be on-might not be able to access the link til game time.

Go Cats!

xpeacex

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
UNH Radiobroadcast Pre-game show is officially on air! Whohoo! About time. I was having a nervous breakdown.

UNH_BLUE
November 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm ready for some football.

Hope it's a good one!

Go UNH!!!

OxSoxUNH05
November 24th, 2007, 06:18 PM
UNH radio feed cut out! ?!

I blame the panthers! doing it on purpose haha

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
UNH radio feed cut out! ?!

I blame the panthers! doing it on purpose haha
it tends to happen a few times a week during road games.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
5 min to kickoff....Dome is sold out and loud.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Holy Cow that crowd is loud. Sounds like an amazing environment. GO CATS! Good luck to both teams.

bobbythekidd
November 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Do you still have that audio link page you did last year? That thing was great!

Cobblestone
I'm sure Cap'nCat is one of those voices.

MR. CHICKEN
LET'S TEE IT UP!................BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM
LETS GO WILDCATS!

Cobblestone
Travis, thanks for the links. I'm listening to the UNH broadcast.

Wildcat757
It's GO time!

lets go cats!

UNHWildCats
UNH receiving kick

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
UNH gets the ball first. LETS GO CATS!

OxSoxUNH05
BTW WMUR news just ran 5mins late and they are taking us to Iowa! YES!

Edit: I was mislead or misheard. Sorry!

WrenFGun
Come on now, LeVan, run this back.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 06:36 PM
LeVan from the 1 hands to Simpson to the 30

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 06:37 PM
HEY RICKY....GOT SYRUP???

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
RICKY "WHITE SHOES" SANTOS!

Cobblestone
Love that name... Sicko!

WrenFGun
BIG THIRD DOWN LETS GO.

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 06:39 PM
UNH isn't used to this noise level; big, big factor tonight.

UNH_BLUE
BIG THIRD DOWN LETS GO.

That sucks.

MR. CHICKEN
N IOWA HOLDS DUH CATS!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
agreed. Lame.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
UNH isn't used to this noise level; big, big factor tonight.

RICKY'S BEEN TA DELAWARE!

Peems
November 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
RICKY'S BEEN TA DELAWARE!

and Montana!!

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
C'mon UNH "D"... STEP IT UP!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Well this inability to stop them is nothing new. :/

bobbythekidd
November 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I am listening to the UNH broadcast. I was expecting to keep hearing "yods" in place of "yards". xlolx

UNI Pike
First blood

MR. CHICKEN
AN'.....LOBSTAAAH!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
well that's nice. 7-0 uni. terrible effort to start.

MR. CHICKEN
IT'S OKAY 'CATS...DEY GOT LUCKY!

Cobblestone
boo.

Chi Panther
7-0 UNI

GO CATS!!!

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I am listening to the UNH broadcast. I was expecting to keep hearing "yods" in place of "yards". xlolx

xlolx Actually Bobbo, that'd be southern New England.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Need a big drive here...at least give the D some rest. Can't lose the composure.

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 06:48 PM
IT'S OKAY 'CATS...DEY GOT LUCKY!

Lucky? We've been doing that all year. xrolleyesx

WildCat In The Hat
November 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Everyone stay calm-they came out with a ton of energy as was expected. We just need to open it up and turn it into a scorefest and see who comes out on top.

We believe in you Ricky-gitty up.

Chi Panther
UNH Fumbled Kick Return but got it back....

Its loud in there right now.....xnodx

Khan4Cats
Shoulda stayed in the end zone

MR. CHICKEN
HEY RICKY....JES' PRETEND YER PLAYIN' DELAWARE........:o...AWK!

WrenFGun
LeVan hoping to keep his once a game fumbling antics in tact, but UNH recovered.

App Storm
I'm a big wuss about cold and I don't enjoy drinking, so I'm headed straight to the Dome about...5 maybe? I dunno.
UNI was supposed to win. Just proves that UNH was a mistake. The CAA is overrated...so is the Big Sky. There's no place like home...we had a scare in Boone today.

Peems
November 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
HEY RICKY....JES' PRETEND YER PLAYIN' DELAWARE........:o...AWK!

xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
FIRST DOWN!

UNH_BLUE
Everyone stay calm-they came out with a ton of energy as was expected. We just need to open it up and turn it into a scorefest and see who comes out on top.

We believe in you Ricky-gitty up.

I'm with you on that one brotha!!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Second big third down.

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah baby! Sicko!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
RICKY TO SICKO BIG FIRST!

Khan4Cats
November 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
UNI's got there second set of starting D-Linemen out there.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
HOME COOKIN' CALL!

WrenFGun
Yeesh, that option absolutely never works...incomplete pass out of bounds, long third down.

MR. CHICKEN
HEY UNI-DOME....QUIET PLEASE!

WrenFGun
FIRST DOWN UNH TO TERRANCE FOX!!!

WHAT A PLAY BY RICKY!

Cobblestone
1st down UNH!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 06:54 PM
FIRST DOWN 'CATS!

Cobblestone
RED ZONE!

WrenFGun
KACKERT TO THE 25!!!! FIRST DOWN UNH!

MR. CHICKEN
CASH IN RICKY!

Peems
November 24th, 2007, 06:56 PM
LOTS OF CAPS GOING ON!!!

MR. CHICKEN
ENUFF!

Henwatcher
Staaut the bus, Gus.

Cobblestone
1st down UNH

WrenFGun
KACKERT DRAW FIRST DOWN!

Chi Panther
UNI went to 3-4 this drive....bad idea....need more QB pressure....

UNH_BLUE
November 24th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Kackert is doing a hell of a job so far!

MR. CHICKEN
LOTS OF CAPS GOING ON!!!

WE'RE ALL YELLIN'!

Cobblestone
This is a nice drive.

MR. CHICKEN
RUN DUH KEEPER..RICKY!

WildCat In The Hat
UNI was supposed to win. Just proves that UNH was a mistake. The CAA is overrated...so is the Big Sky. There's no place like home...we had a scare in Boone today.

what are you schizophrenic?

WrenFGun
UNH DOWN TO THE 1!!!

UNH_BLUE
November 24th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Way to suck it up Keith!!!!!!

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 06:58 PM
TD UNH!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM
CHRIS WARD TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!

MR. CHICKEN
WARD...YER UH LITTLE HARD ON DUH PANTHER...TA-NITE!

UNH_BLUE
Beautiful!!!!!

Cobblestone
7-7 baby!

WrenFGun
Kick is good! Tie game! Probably the longest drive of UNH's season, lol.

Cobblestone
Go UNH, go CAA, go New England college football.

WildCat In The Hat
Statement Drive! Pressure back to UNI.

UNH_BLUE
November 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Huge Drive!!!!

Now let's get a big defensive stop!!!!

Henwatcher
Play some D, Cats.

AppMountaineer13
Looked like a great drive according to the stattracker

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 07:01 PM
83 YAAAD DRIVE!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 07:01 PM
STEP IT UP D!!!

Umass74
November 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Go Wildcats! xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
Manning kicked that one to New Hampshire.

Peems
Play some D, Cats.

That might be asking for a bit.

MR. CHICKEN
NEED UH TURNOVERAH!

Khan4Cats
November 24th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Time to grind it.

bobbythekidd
Am I the only guy on this thread pulling for UNI? I guess all the UNI guys are at the game.

WrenFGun
3rd and 3..big stop UNH.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 07:04 PM
First Down UNI. Almost had a stop, even. Heh.

Mountain Panther
Am I the only guy on this thread pulling for UNI? I guess all the UNI guys are at the game.

I am listening from home....so mad I can't at least watch a video feed.

Khan4Cats

Nah, I'm here. Got it on the tube. Would have been at the game but had a date at the in-lawsxmadx

Chi Panther
xnodx xnodx
Time to grind it.xnodx xnodx

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 07:05 PM
UNH cannot keep giving up 5 yards on first down runs.

MR. CHICKEN

BOB........CHECK DUH AVATARS!

catbob
Nah, I'm here. Got it on the tube. Would have been at the game but had a date at the in-lawsxmadx

Anyway to watch? Maybe Sat coordinates?

WrenFGun
Holy Crap. Loss of a yard? How. 3rd and 6.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Ugh. Great catch by Johnny Gray, first down.

Mountain Panther
Anyway to watch? Maybe Sat coordinates?

Nope.

Khan4Cats
yeah, we have a 6'4" reciever, but the 5'9" can jump just as high.

bobbythekidd
I see em chicken. It just seemed like they came out of the woodwork when I posted. They were pretty quiet for a bit.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Pammer makes a nice tackle on first down, 2 yard gain.

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Wow UNH leading tackler has 119 stops.....UNI's leading tackler clifford waters has 78.......

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
END O' ONE....7-7!

Cobblestone
UNH hanging tough!

MR. CHICKEN
I see em chicken. It just seemed like they came out of the woodwork when I posted. They were pretty quiet for a bit.

DEY BEEN SHOVELIN' SNOW ALL AFTERNOON!

NovaHater
November 24th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Good, end of the quarter, these UNI announcers are driving me crazy, now I can switch over to the UNH broadcast.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 07:09 PM
HEADIN' TA DUH FRIDGE......ANYONE NEED SOMETHIN'?????

Khan4Cats
November 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Good, end of the quarter, these UNI announcers are driving me crazy, now I can switch over to the UNH broadcast.

They're not for the neutral fan to enjoy. Rima makes it fun. Has as much passion as anyone out there.

WrenFGun
Is UNH going to cover anyone?

Cobblestone
UNH announcers are very good. IMO.

Mountain Panther
HEADIN' TA DUH FRIDGE......ANYONE NEED SOMETHIN'?????

A VICTORY!

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 07:11 PM
TD UNI. This UNH defense is awful...which is really no surprise.

MR. CHICKEN
BACK BACK BACK!

bobbythekidd
A VICTORY!
I could have used one of those a few weeks ago. We would have been in this game.

WrenFGun
Maybe a flag on UNI?

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Holding UNI, bring it back!

Chi Panther
That sucks....ouch!!!!

WrenFGun
No touchdown!

MR. CHICKEN
SANDERS IS RATTLED!

Cobblestone
ineligible receiver.

WrenFGun
INCOMPLETE FOURTH DOWN!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
WATCH DUH FAKE!

Chi Panther
Penalty was TE Stepped out of bounds prior to catch.....

Missed FG....

Cobblestone
Missed it! Yeah baby!

MR. CHICKEN
WIDE LEFT.....BRAWK!....NICE STAND "D"!

WrenFGun
NO GOOD!!!!!! UNH DEFENSE GETS A STOP!

X-Factor
November 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
any free audio/video links? UNI's costs some dough..

MR. CHICKEN
OKAY RICKY.....GIVE 'EM UH DOSE O' CAA!

WrenFGun
LETS GO OFFENSE!

WrenFGun
check out yahoo for the free audio.

Khan4Cats
Back to even, one TD apiece, one no score apiece.

WildCat In The Hat
November 24th, 2007, 07:15 PM
We believe in you Ricky...

NovaHater
They're not for the neutral fan to enjoy. Rima makes it fun. Has as much passion as anyone out there.

I agree, if I was a UNI fan I'd love these guys but since I'm not:D

Intrepid
The score??? anyone...

UNI Pike
Rima (UNI announcer) just stated that UNI is 11 - 2 all time in Dome playoff games. That's crazy, escpecially since we travel so much.

Khan4Cats
November 24th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Starting to hear footsteps, or at least sense them.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
The score??? anyone...

44-7........AH MEAN 7-7!

Khan4Cats
Knee didn't go down

But his elbow did.

MR. CHICKEN
DON'T BEG MCDONNELL!

WrenFGun
I see. Possibly a questionable call, though I can't see it. UNH has to punt.

Khan4Cats
November 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Nice punt.

Actually both punts, first one just didn't get the coverage.

Cobblestone
nice punt!

MR. CHICKEN
NICE BISHOP!..........PIN DERE EARS BACK!

Cobblestone
November 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Need a commercial for Newick's.

UNI Pike
It sounds (curse the NCAA & ESPN) like UNH has a good kicker

Anyone with some knowledge?

Intrepid
44-7........AH MEAN 7-7!

That was not funny at all...Try again Mr. Chick...:)

jennifer03878
sweet punt!

Mountain Panther
44-7........AH MEAN 7-7!

Wow....you are mean tonight Chicky!