PDA

View Full Version : Playoff home field advantage?

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
I know this was discussed earlier in the week but I was wondering...

Is there a rule that the home team can't do it's regular celebrations/pump up the crowd during the playoffs?

I know ASU hasn't done it the past two years, but I wasn't sure if there was an actual rule, why was there a rule, and if that rule will ever go away?

furman94
November 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
I dont think there can be any music provided from the home team. There are other rules but I am too lazy to look them up right now!lol

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
There are certain rules, but you can have music....and have your normal pre-game introductions.

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
none of the

"And that's another (insert name here)......FIRST DOWN!!!!!" kind of stuff?

JCPanthers
November 23rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
none of the

"And that's another (insert name here)......FIRST DOWN!!!!!" kind of stuff?
Not sure about that. But I did hear that you can only show 1 replay after a play and you can't show replays of "controversial" plays.

NovaHater
November 23rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Don't know if this helps, but :

From NCAA Div I Championship Handbook:

Home Team Environment

It is the expectation of the committee that hosts of any contest during the NCAA Division I Football Championship provide a competitive environment consistent with the significance of the championship event.

The championship environment includes the participating teams, crowd, bands, cheerleaders, public address announcer, in-venue audio and video content as well as other individuals, events and elements associated with the contest. While preliminary round competition is held at campus facilities, the environment surrounding the event may need to be notably different from regular season contests within the facility. The following are examples of expectations of the committee from the host institution in this regard:

1. Artificial Elements. Artificial elements (e.g., fireworks, smoke, cannons, artificial sounds/noises, video board productions) used to enhance the experience for participating teams and fans may be used by either team; however, such elements (e.g., mascots, video boards) should not be used to demean the opposing team in any manner or create an unsportsmanlike environment.

2. Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted inside the venue, and such instruments shall be removed from the playing and spectator areas at the request of the NCAA game representative. Bands, or any component thereof, shall not play while the game is in progress (after either team breaks its huddle). See 2007-08 NCAA Division I General Requirements Handbook for additional information.

3. Seating. Host institutions shall adhere to all NCAA championship policies regarding the seating and location of home and visiting fans as well as team bands. It should be understood that the intent of such policies is to provide an atmosphere that helps limit the impact of crowd and band noise in the seating area immediately around the team bench. See other sections regarding seating within this handbook for additional information.

4. Monitoring. The host institution shall designate a person for each sideline to be responsible for ensuring a championship environment for both teams and ensuring that only appropriately credentialed individuals are inside the team bench areas during the contest. Further, the NCAA game representative shall be empowered to address any situation that may not be meeting the intent of expected championship environment

appfan2008
November 23rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
I know the last two years the misc. announcements and 3rd down bell have not occured