PDA

View Full Version : UNH UNI TV Coverage

UNHFan
November 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Sadly as of this moment WMUR ABC NH its now a no go for coverage. But!!! The meeting was going on while I was on hold some interen was nice enough to snoop around for me. Said "They are on a conference call right now trying to work out the details"

Ill try and keep people updated. Also confirmed I wasnt losing my mind that WMUR said they where covering it on Monday.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Since it's being televised in Iowa, you think they could pick up the feed relatively easily.

UNHFan
November 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah I know! Machester is like 60 miles from Boston so it may have to do with NCAA bitching that the LSU game is a bigger deal which would shock me. No one cares about College Football other then the true Fans who follow there local team UNH :) and the national teams. We are in CASCAR Country here!!

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
CASCAR Country

CASCAR???

UNHFan
November 23rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Man I need to learn to type!

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
Man I need to learn to type!

Well, I thought you meant NASCAR........is it really that popular in NH??

It's wildly popular in Iowa, but when I think of NH, I just don't think it's a NASCAR hotbed.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Since it's being televised in Iowa, you think they could pick up the feed relatively easily.
Im sure it has to do with ABC (which WMUR is an addiliate of) not wanting them to broadcast that instead of thye scehduled Kansas/Missouri game.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM

It's wildly popular in Iowa, but when I think of NH, I just don't think it's a NASCAR hotbed.

Loudon, NH has two NASCAR dates each year and has sold out every race they have had there.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Im sure it has to do with ABC (which WMUR is an addiliate of) not wanting them to broadcast that instead of thye scehduled Kansas/Missouri game.

No other stations available other than WMUR??

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
No other stations available other than WMUR??
The Bruins play on NESN so there unlikely, though in the past they have used a second channel to broadcast Red Sox and Bruins games simultaneously.

Perhaps NHPTV could be an option, they broadcast some UNH Hockey games.

Other then that theres nothing in NH, WMUR and NHPTV are the only state wide channels. theres a station in Derry, NH but very small.

jennifer03878
November 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM

NASCAR is very popular here. Twice a year Loudon becomes New Hampshires largest city when the races are held. Everywhere you go you see Dale Jr or Gordon, or Johnson etc bumper stickers on cars. All over houses people proudly display flags of their favorite drivers. Yes, NH is indeed a NASCAR hotbed, crazy as it may seem.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
NASCAR is very popular here. Twice a year Loudon becomes New Hampshires largest city when the races are held. Everywhere you go you see Dale Jr or Gordon, or Johnson etc bumper stickers on cars. All over houses people proudly display flags of their favorite drivers. Yes, NH is indeed a NASCAR hotbed, crazy as it may seem.

Well, thanks jennifer. What's the 03878???

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Well, thanks jennifer. What's the 03878???
her NH zipcode

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
her NH zipcode

Stay out of this, Travis!!!............I think she likes me!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
Stay out of this, Travis!!!............I think she likes me!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx
hmmm ok sorry xcoolx

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
hmmm ok sorry xcoolx

Well, at least I know you're not going for her!!:D :D :D :D xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Well, at least I know you're not going for her!!:D :D :D :D xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
maybe if you root for UNH tomorrow she will go on a date with ya xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
maybe if you root for UNH tomorrow she will go on a date with ya xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'm desperate, but not that desperate.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
I'm desperate, but not that desperate.
u can chant U-N-H U-N-H and when u get dirty looks from the other UNI fans just say ur drunk (hardly a stretch there huh ;)) and missed a letter. :p

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
u can chant U-N-H U-N-H and when u get dirty looks from the other UNI fans just say ur drunk (hardly a stretch there huh ;)) and missed a letter. :p

Well, H and I are close to each other in the alphabet.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Well, H and I are close to each other in the alphabet.
yes, thats what i was getting it, you can cheer for unh and just pass it off as a drunken mistake, with you even the pope would buy that. xthumbsupx

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
yes, thats what i was getting it, you can cheer for unh and just pass it off as a drunken mistake, with you even the pope would buy that. xthumbsupx

I just can't do it.

UNHFan
November 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Well we have Games on CN8 Comcast also but those are planed well ahead so only WMUR has pulled of last minute games. This suck I am goinghave an answer at 2:30 according to WMUR Ill keep ya posted.

And yes NH is NASCAR Country period!! Go to any Bar and NASCAR is on main screen football bumped to the small screens.. The Bar in my town will even put rebroadcasts on the bigs screen MAKES ME SICK!!! and I live in Ocala FL in the winter SAME THING!!!!

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM
this is pathetic for WMUR to still not know for sure on game day. If they wanted the game they should have worked it out sooner.

jennifer03878
November 24th, 2007, 02:21 PM
This is typical for WMUR. They don't give any of the UNH Sports teams the props that they deserve. I actually just wrote the WMUR Sports Department a scathing email berating them for not having the 'nads to show the game. It's really too bad. I was looking forward to being able to see the game on TV. Oh well, guess I"ll find the link and listen to it on the 'net :( though it's still not the same

spelunker64
November 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM
any free webcast...

newsbreaker
November 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Is the problem getting a feed?

Many times network affiliates are required to show the national game (KU/Mizzou) and can only get out of it by begging and showing good cause.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I can't imagine, with four hours left, that they're going to decide to show it on TV. We'll see, though.

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
any free webcast...

nope.