PDA

View Full Version : Alot of good teams, no great teams in IAA this year??

Hansel
September 11th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I started thinking this when I did my preseason poll, I had difficulties finding teams for the top 10 spots, but there were a lot of teams I wanted to include overal. This week appears to somewhat validate that opinion as many top 10 teams wentdown, and I REALLY struggled putting teams in my top 5, the ones there now are they mostly by default. It seems like it could be a wide open year in IAA

skinny_uncle
September 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM
It usually takes 3-4 weeks to get a handle on how teams actually stack up. Before that it is mostly guesswork based on returning players and the previous year's team.

umassfan
September 11th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I dont know what happened to the rest of the teams but I know UMass and Furman got bit by the turnover bug.

charliej
September 11th, 2005, 01:13 PM
UMassfan,

When it was suggested that Colgate lost last week due to 7 turn overs,you replied by saying that logic didn't hold up because Towson won despite 8 turn overs. Now you seem to have changed your opinion. :rolleyes:

You also pointed to RU's 5 turnovers as proof of your great D.Now,after Gate gets 8 vs the Minutemen you say their D is not that good but UMass killed themselves.

I don't get it. :confused:

Back on topic- I agree Hansel.Alot of my top 5 are there simply because they started higher in the pre season than some of the teams below them.I think some of the lower teams could very well be better.We'll have to see what happens in the next couple of weeks,I hope things shake out because this week gave me a headache. :confused: