PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs. LSU???

unipanthers8907
November 23rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
I went in to get my haircut yesterday and my barber told me he was listening to the UNI basketball game the other night and heard Gary Rima say something about Rick Hartzell talking to LSU's AD about playing a football game sometime in the future. Hartzell has a connection with him because UNI and LSU played in bball a few years back. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
No idea.

UNI would be favored, though.xcoffeex xcoffeex

McDABest
November 23rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
No idea.

UNI would be favored, though.xcoffeex xcoffeex

Notice what color my text is now. I am an LSU fan, but I'm still a MUCH bigger cowboy fan. In other words, I think you won't do what App. St. did to Michigan, but it is still any given Saturday.
Geaux Tigers!
GEAUX COWBOYS!!

Appaholic
November 23rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
It won't be next year as App St plays them.....

Ultimate of ironies is that we were supposed to play them this year, but they begged off till next year and we played Michigan instead.....obviously, that game helped lead to Carr's retirement this year and odds on favorite to replace him is Les Miles.....so hopefully, LSU will getting used to a new coach when we play them next year......or not...

Blue42
November 23rd, 2007, 01:42 PM
I heard Hartzell talking with Rima one night about their three best prospects for a FBS game next year. They were LSU, Florida State or Miami Florida.

Would love to do down to Baton Rouge to see a game, but from a competitive standpoint I'd opt for Miami Florida.

Plus we've got a handful of Florida guys on the roster who'd probably love to get that game, or FSU.

Saint3333
November 23rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
It won't be next year as App St plays them.....

Ultimate of ironies is that we were supposed to play them this year, but they begged off till next year and we played Michigan instead.....obviously, that game helped lead to Carr's retirement this year and odds on favorite to replace him is Les Miles.....so hopefully, LSU will getting used to a new coach when we play them next year......or not...

I believe it's 2009, ASU doesn't have a FBS program on the schedule in 2008.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
I would love to play @ LSU.....how cool would that be??

FormerPokeCenter
November 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
What absolutely sucks about that, is that LSU won't play a Louisiana FCS school...

They'll play ULM, ULL, La Tech, etc., but they won't even return our calls...

The payout is great, though, $400,000 K....

Too bad it goes out of state...

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
What absolutely sucks about that, is that LSU won't play a Louisiana FCS school...

They'll play ULM, ULL, La Tech, etc., but they won't even return our calls...

The payout is great, though, $400,000 K....

Too bad it goes out of state...

Yeah, that Sux.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow UNI fans, but doesn't the state legislature have some say if the 3 state Universities play each other in football....or is that just in basketball???

McTailGator
November 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
I went in to get my haircut yesterday and my barber told me he was listening to the UNI basketball game the other night and heard Gary Rima say something about Rick Hartzell talking to LSU's AD about playing a football game sometime in the future. Hartzell has a connection with him because UNI and LSU played in bball a few years back. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I doubt it.

There are about 6 FCS teams in Louisiana that will burn down LSU's campus if they schedule another out of state FCS again.

LSU's SID is a McNeese Alumn and his dad is the McNeese SID (Who just happens to be the longest running SID in the country). They gave ASU a game and have another date scheduled with them. But they have stated they did not want to send money to McNeese's (or other La.) compeditors any longer. I think they are affraid the legislature will force them to play all of us if the continue doing that.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
I doubt it.

There are about 6 FCS teams in Louisiana that will burn down LSU's campus if they schedule another out of state FCS again.

LSU's SID is a McNeese Alumn and his dad is the McNeese SID (Who just happens to be the longest running SID in the country). They gave ASU a game and have another date scheduled with them. But they have stated they did not want to send money to McNeese's (or other La.) compeditors any longer. I think they are affraid the legislature will force them to play all of us if the continue doing that.

They should play their in state competition!!!

APPST '93
November 23rd, 2007, 02:14 PM

ASU plays UGA in 2009 and FL in 2010. The last I heard, we go to LSU as a make up game in 2008. Thanks to LSU, we got to play Michigan. xhurrayx

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
ASU plays UGA in 2009 and FL in 2010. The last I heard, we go to LSU as a make up game in 2008. Thanks to LSU, we got to play Michigan. xhurrayx

Nice!!!
http://www.ironsidemetalworks.com/BG/Contact/Borat.jpg

APPST '93
November 23rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
I just want to play UNI this year! xthumbsupx

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
I just want to play UNI this year! xthumbsupx

Well, I guess we'll see.

APPST '93
November 23rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
2009 — at Georgia (Sept. 5)
2010 — at Florida (Nov. 20)
2011 — at Virginia Tech (Sept. 3)

ASU's BCS opponents...

I guess LSU doesn't want a make up game???

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
2009 — at Georgia (Sept. 5)
2010 — at Florida (Nov. 20)
2011 — at Virginia Tech (Sept. 3)

ASU's BCS opponents...

I guess LSU doesn't want a make up game???

Nice........we're stuck with Iowa and Iowa State........easy wins.......UNI wants a challenge!!!

Purple Reign
November 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that Sux.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow UNI fans, but doesn't the state legislature have some say if the 3 state Universities play each other in football....or is that just in basketball???

The legislature is not involved in scheduling FB or BB. Years ago, some legislators talked of having to get involved, but the three universities have handled in just fine with no legislative intervention.

PR

Appaholic
November 23rd, 2007, 04:19 PM

You're right....kept thinking next year was 2009.....

citdog
November 23rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
You're right....kept thinking next year was 2009.....

must have been that fall off the drainige ditch. don't feel bad, i didn't take a blow to the head and i think it's 1860!

Purple For Life
November 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
must have been that fall off the drainige ditch. don't feel bad, i didn't take a blow to the head and i think it's 1860!

Citdog, you are a strange dude, but you make me chuckle.

McTailGator
November 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
They should play their in state competition!!!

To me, it's not as much about them NOT playing us and giving us the BIG Check, as it is Not playing us, and giving our competition the check.

Ultimately, that hurts us even more than ignoring us.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
To me, it's not as much about them NOT playing us and giving us the BIG Check, as it is Not playing us, and giving our competition the check.

Ultimately, that hurts us even more than ignoring us.

But, LSU views you as the competition??

McTailGator
November 23rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
But, LSU views you as the competition??

NO THEY DON'T.

I'll be the first to admit, we ain't no threat to them.

you guy's are a lot closer to Iowa and ISU than we are to LSU.

Hell, Iowa and ISU is closer to UNI than they are LSU (are Arkansas tonight). When LSU does well, we get some pretty good left overs. And we damn sure ain't a threat to their ticket sales. They have 30,000 to 50,000 people OUTSIDE the game in the parking lots after a sell out. We struggle to get 15,000 in good weather.

UNIFanSince1983
November 23rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Well I know UNI talked about going to Florida or Oklahoma last year, but then scheduled North Dakota instead thinking it would a win since we had ISU on the schedule already we all saw how that turned out...

I would love to play a big time program to get us some more exposure. I really hope we play a BCS school next year instead of an ISU or a Drake.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
NO THEY DON'T.

I'll be the first to admit, we ain't no threat to them.

you guy's are a lot closer to Iowa and ISU than we are to LSU.

Hell, Iowa and ISU is closer to UNI than they are LSU (are Arkansas tonight). When LSU does well, we get some pretty good left overs. And we damn sure ain't a threat to their ticket sales. They have 30,000 to 50,000 people OUTSIDE the game in the parking lots after a sell out. We struggle to get 15,000 in good weather.

I understand your frustration. In Iowa, we have a big 10 and a big 12 school to "compete" with for fans, media coverage, etc. It's tough, but I think we are making progress.

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Good luck with whoever you guys play in the FBS, whether it's LSU, FSU or whoever.

We may not have a FBS team right now, but the schedule isn't completed. Hopefully it will be earlier than it was this season. Went to like the last minute to fill out our schedule. A FBS program will be there.....who it will be is the answer

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
I understand your frustration. In Iowa, we have a big 10 and a big 12 school to "compete" with for fans, media coverage, etc. It's tough, but I think we are making progress.

We have Wake, NC State, Duke, UNC, and ECU to compete with in football coverage. Arguably we've taken the spotlight off of them. We're better than atleast 3 of them, but still hardly get coverage.

Gotta compete with both the ACC and SEC here, it sucks :(

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
We have Wake, NC State, Duke, UNC, and ECU to compete with in football coverage. Arguably we've taken the spotlight off of them. We're better than atleast 3 of them, but still hardly get coverage.

Gotta compete with both the ACC and SEC here, it sucks :(

Yup, it's tough for states like NC, LA, IA, IL, OH, etc. to get lots of respect. Folks in Montana, NH, Delaware, don't know what we have to go up against.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
I hope we play LSU. I'm already making plans to go. (although I'm already making plans to go regardless of who we play)

CosmoVixen24
November 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
I hope we play LSU. I'm already making plans to go. (although I'm already making plans to go regardless of who we play)

You should! I didn't even go to LSU and being in the atmosphere of Tiger Stadium is unlike any other I've ever experienced... fan or not xnodx

McNeese_beat
November 23rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
I doubt it.

I believe LSU's SID is an LSU grad...but I'm not 1000 percent sure about that...

LB's other son is a McNeese grad though.