PDA

View Full Version : NAU

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
A few thoughts after watching the Arizona game:

NAU's offensive line looks bigger in person than on T.V. And the Wildcats have speed, speed, speed. That Michael Bell (#11, RB) is a stud.

Jason needs to stop waving the ball around when he runs. That's a fumble waiting to happen. Nice scrambling, though. 20 carries for 56 yards, proving he can run when he needs to.

Kory Mahr. Man this guy can play! Against Arizona he had 6 receptions for 67 yards and a touchdown. He also made a leaping catch near the goal line that set up NAU's touchdown in the 3rd quarter.

Philo Sanchez had some good runs. 13 carries for 64 yards. Not bad against Arizona's tough D.

The D played average, but held Arizona to just 7 points in the second half. NAU outscored the Wildcats 9-7 in the second stanza.

The score was 24-12 through much of the second half. NAU had their chances, but couldn't convert on third down (a lousy 3 for 14 conversation rate).

Overall, a 31-12 loss to the Division I-A Wildcats isn't too demoralizing. It shows that NAU can play with larger opponents and still keep things interesting.

I predict a 5-2 record in the Big Sky and an 8-3 record overall.

Paul

JALMOND
September 11th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I've gotta ask, Paul, did you get your "beer" shower? You seemed somewhat confident you would.

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
NAU should be I-A without doubt after this one! :lol:

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 02:19 PM
No beer shower, but there was this really annoying Wildcat fan behind me that kept going "WHooooo! WHooooo!" everytime UofA did something positive. She was really high pitched and my ears hurt.

Most of the wildcat fans were pretty cordial, although one guy was like,"ASU just lost. All is right in the world now!"

Paul

Marcus Garvey
September 11th, 2005, 09:41 PM
No beer shower, but there was this really annoying Wildcat fan behind me that kept going "WHooooo! WHooooo!" everytime UofA did something positive. She was really high pitched and my ears hurt.

Most of the wildcat fans were pretty cordial, although one guy was like,"ASU just lost. All is right in the world now!"

Paul

The average UA football fan is increadibly unknowledgeable about football. I would equate them with the Ivy Leage eggheads I've sat next to in years past (Brown, Havard and Dartmouth). What part of the stadium were you in?

We left at half-time, figuring the rout was on. I wanted to catch the tail end of the LSU-ASU game, so we headed off to Trident. BTW, where did you go before the game?

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
We actually went right to the stadium and sat in our seats for half an hour. It wasn't too bad. Great atmosphere for college football.

NAU was only down 24-12 in the 4th quarter.

Paul