PDA

View Full Version : Weather update

JTCowboy
November 22nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
As of now the forcast is for 80-90% rain and temps around 50 at kickoff.

Smaller crowd and lots of slop.:(

McNeese_beat
November 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
As of now the forcast is for 80-90% rain and temps around 50 at kickoff.

Smaller crowd and lots of slop.:(

It appears that by 5 p.m., weather.com says the rain will have passed...
http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/hourbyhour/70601?begHour=7&begDay=328

JTCowboy
November 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/hourbyhour/70601?begHour=7&begDay=328

I hope so, but according to KPLC ( for what it is worth) its going to start Saturday and last into Sunday. I hope they are wrong.

Col Hogan
November 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
In Amherst, it will be in the upper 30's at Noon for the kickoff...mostly sunny...with a light breeze...

JohnStOnge
November 22nd, 2007, 07:22 PM

Well, we can't see past 6 pm yet but if that does turn out to be the case I'd be thrilled. I'll go ahead and say that, based on what I've heard from the handful of people I've communicated with who have seen both teams play McNeese has a speed/quickness edge over EWU and I think messy conditions would diminish any advantage that provides.

Take, for instance, the potential for deep passes to Quinten Lawrence. That's not going to be a factor if it's messy. They're not going to have to respect that.

JayJ79
November 22nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Forecasts remain the same for the UNI/UNH game. Around 72º and perfect xcoolx

james_lawfirm
November 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Forecasts remain the same for the UNI/UNH game. Around 72º and perfect xcoolx

72 is perfect? I would have thought that 35 was more perfect, which is the forecasted gametime temp in Boone on Sat. at Noon. I can't wait!

WyomingGrizFan
November 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
High of 35 for Missoula, maybe 3 mph for the wind factor, no precipitation expected. A little fog in the morning. Otherwise, wish for a little bit warmer temperatures.

FormerPokeCenter
November 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Well, we can't see past 6 pm yet but if that does turn out to be the case I'd be thrilled. I'll go ahead and say that, based on what I've heard from the handful of people I've communicated with who have seen both teams play McNeese has a speed/quickness edge over EWU and I think messy conditions would diminish any advantage that provides.

Take, for instance, the potential for deep passes to Quinten Lawrence. That's not going to be a factor if it's messy. They're not going to have to respect that.

I'll have to disagree with you, John. If Q runs those quick slant routes he's been killing people with all season long, I don't see the conditions as having much of an effect on him....He'll get the ball quick, with a high percentage route requiring a minimum of cuts. If he gets it clean, he can turn on the jets and it won't be a fair race...

Now, if we were gonna throw a lot of deep outs, curls, hooks, out-n-ups, etc., I'd agree. And, to some degree, on the long bombs I agree with you, too...

But his forte has been the quick slant and a subsequent burst of speed.

In sloppy conditions the defensive backs have bigger headaches....

By all accounts, it looks like these two teams are sorta mirror images of themselves, with similar stats, but different types of strengths in similar aspects of the game...

Should be entertaining...

McTailGator
November 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM

I wonder if they are going to try to cover the field to protect it?

Did they get it painted today, or will the weather permit them to work on it tomorrow?

skinny_uncle
November 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
44 degrees and cloudy in Carbondale Saturday.

Retro
November 22nd, 2007, 08:59 PM

Did they get it painted today, or will the weather permit them to work on it tomorrow?

Since it just rained last night, i would hope they wait till friday morning to paint as to give the field time to dry more..

I would like to see them cover it late friday if we have anything big enough. If we know it's going to rain all day saturday, then we should try to keep as much water off it ahead of time even if it continues that night..

JayJ79
November 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
72 is perfect? I would have thought that 35 was more perfect, which is the forecasted gametime temp in Boone on Sat. at Noon. I can't wait!

Well, "perfect" is the "weather conditions", not just the temperature. I'm just quoting the official stats:

Kickoff time: 4:05 PM End of Game: 7:24 Total elapsed time: 3:19
Officials: Referee: John Sullivan; Umpire: Jim Shaw; Linesman: Steve Knowles;
Line judge: D. Schinderle; Back judge: Roger Quinlan; Field judge: Rick Fahnestock;
Side judge: Craig Patrick; Scorer: UNI Media Rel.;
Temperature: 72 Wind: Dome Weather: Perfect
(obviously from a prior game, but just showing an example.) xcoolx

McNeese_beat
November 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM

Well, I'll say this. McNeese completed two deep balls to Lawrence on absolutely the worst field McNeese has played on in the careers of the current players. It wasn't raining, but you couldn't make that field much more chewed up and messy.

Of course, Eastern Washington isn't Southern Utah either.

McNeese_beat
November 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
I've noticed weather.com changed the forecast...I suspect when it said 10 percent chance of rain at 5 p.m. Saturday that is was some sort of typo...

AAadict
November 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Newark, DE...Friday vs. Delaware State Hornets...44 deg...mostly sunny...looking to still be alive when the tourney is cut to eight.

igo4uni
November 22nd, 2007, 10:08 PM

As long as you're dressed for it, 35 isn't bad. I'd suggest getting good and drunk to help keep you warm during the game.xcoffeex xcoffeex

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
It was 13 degrees tonight at 6 pm when Wofford arrived. Must have been a shock to them.

WyomingGrizFan
November 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
Talk about a shock to the system. I know three former workers that are now working down in Antartica; minus seventy degrees fahrenheit. And this is nearing the summer season. Maybe it might warm up a little; you figure?

Griz0383
November 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
13 degrees is bloody brutal! How much snow did snowbowl get in the big dump? I realize this is not football talk but I love the snow and that ski hill is great when it has snow! Go Griz!

McNeese75
November 23rd, 2007, 12:10 AM

QB Club fed the team this evening. The field is painted and ready to go xnodx

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
For Missoula

http://mont.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/kpax5day_thumb.jpg

McTailGator
November 23rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Saturday NightRain showers and isolated thunderstorms. High around 54, Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Chance of thunderstorms around 9:pm or later.

james_lawfirm
November 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Well, "perfect" is the "weather conditions", not just the temperature. I'm just quoting the official stats:

(obviously from a prior game, but just showing an example.) xcoolx

Thanks for the clarification. I guess you all play inside anyway. So, 72 w/ no wind, inside, is what you get all year long.

My position is that 35 degrees outside w/ winds of 5 - 10 mph (& little chance for precip.) is even more perfect.

Even more perfect than that would be about 8 inches of snow & winds of @ 10 - 15 mph & temp. = 20 at kickoff. One can always hope.

WyomingGrizFan
November 23rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Most recent forecast for Griz/Wofford game:

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/category.asp?C=51546

Tab under 'Breaking News' in upper left hand corner....KPAX Stormbreaker weather ON DEMAND for video. Looks like another storm coming in though later next week; just in case the Griz can get that far, something to be aware of for the Second Round game. If we're lucky enough that is.

Best regards.

ERASU2113
November 23rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Here's what going to happen in Boone....no snow tomorrow, wish it would though.

However, next week or the week after it will snow a lot on a Saturday. Unlike the last two years when it did not snow AT ALL during the playoffs :(. When we're gone, it will though.....watch it happen.