PDA

View Full Version : Coaches.........Who's gone or going in your conference?

jstate83
November 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM
So far in the SWAC, the ax has fallen on 3.

Steve Wilson / Texas Southern.
Mo Forte / UAPB
Johnny Thomas / Alcorn.

It's reported in the Clarion Ledger today that Dr. Thomas at Alcorn was informed as early as October 25 that he would not be retained at the end of the season.

Willie Totten at Valley is nervous as heck right now.
Valley should make a move but that one is a little tricky considering Valley's situation and location.

It's hard to recruit player's to Valley and believe it or not, outside of a few promising years, Totten has really done as much as he can with the resources he got at Valley.
He will probably survive another year.

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
in socon western fired briggs and i dont think anyone else will be gone...

for a while i thought furmans coach would be gone but after their strong finish he may not be... also i wouldnt be surprised if utc's coach see the door this year IMO

Mr. Tiger
November 21st, 2007, 10:53 AM

Mo Forte / UAPB
Johnny Thomas / Alcorn.

It's reported in the Clarion Ledger today that Dr. Thomas at Alcorn was informed as early as October 25 that he would not be retained at the end of the season.

Valley should make a move but that one is a little tricky considering Valley's situation and location.

It's hard to recruit player's to Valley and believe it or not, outside of a few promising years, Totten has really done as much as he can with the resources he got at Valley.

Alcorn and Texas Southern needed to make a move. I didn't really understand UAPB's decision. And Totten is doing the best he can...considering. xnonono2x

I know Rhode Island and Florida A&M are searching for new coaches.

McNeese_beat
November 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Stoker just got one more year at Northwestern State. The other schools who really struggled — SFA, Texas State, SLU — all had first-year head coaches so I would expect everybody to be back...

unless a coach gets a lucrative BCS-level coordinator's job offered to him like McFarland from SFA last year (at Iowa State). If Miles leaves LSU, it could have a ripple effect on the Louisiana schools as well.

BlueHen86
November 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM

Mo Forte / UAPB
Johnny Thomas / Alcorn.

Willie Totten - was he the QB when Jerry Rice played there?
As I recall he was a phenominal college QB.

jstate83
November 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
Willie Totten - was he the QB when Jerry Rice played there?
As I recall he was a phenominal college QB.

Yep.

That guy could put it on a rope 50 yards and NEVER MISS his target.
Him and Rice got all the pub, but he sprayed the ball all over the field to every receiver.

It was amazing watching those Valley team's play even rooting against them.

putter
November 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM
The Big Sky is pretty stable right now as a lot of the teams have gone through changes 1-2 years ago.

Weber - finished playing well, McBride's job is safe
Idaho St - Zabmerlin just finished his first year
Portland St. -- Jerry Glanville's first year is over
Northern Arizona - Jerome Sauers job has been one of discussion for a couple of years but he seems to have the support of the admin.
Montana St - Rob Ash finished his first year
Sacramento St - Marshall Sperbeck finished his first year
Eastern Washington - Paul Wulff has the Eags in the playoffs again. He won't leave until he wants to.
Northern Colorado - Seemed to have turned the corner after playing Montana and were competitive at the end of the season. Coach Downing has been there 2 years.
Montana - speculation here is that this is probably Coach Hauck's last year as he will be moving up to the FBS.

proasu89
November 21st, 2007, 03:10 PM

for a while i thought furmans coach would be gone but after their strong finish he may not be... also i wouldnt be surprised if utc's coach see the door this year IMO

Rodney Allison received a ONE year extension. Not really an endorsement, more like let's just deal with this next year. Kind of a wishy washy statement made to current players and recruitsxtwocentsx

OL FU
November 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM

There is no way Furman would have fired Bobby Lamb due to one bad season after five winning seasons and four playoff trips.xnonono2x

Grizaholic17
November 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM
The Big Sky is pretty stable right now as a lot of the teams have gone through changes 1-2 years ago.

Weber - finished playing well, McBride's job is safe
Idaho St - Zabmerlin just finished his first year
Portland St. -- Jerry Glanville's first year is over
Northern Arizona - Jerome Sauers job has been one of discussion for a couple of years but he seems to have the support of the admin.
Montana St - Rob Ash finished his first year
Sacramento St - Marshall Sperbeck finished his first year
Eastern Washington - Paul Wulff has the Eags in the playoffs again. He won't leave until he wants to.
Northern Colorado - Seemed to have turned the corner after playing Montana and were competitive at the end of the season. Coach Downing has been there 2 years.
Montana - speculation here is that this is probably Coach Hauck's last year as he will be moving up to the FBS.

Hauck will be here next year.

ncbears
November 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
Hauck will be here next year.

Have you guys ever discussed this on egriz? j/k.

I do agree with Putter. Lots of moves a couple years ago so I don't see any this year.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Southern Utah Coach Meier Gone
NDSU Coach Bohl hopefully isn't gone, amid rumors.

Franks Tanks
November 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Southern Utah Coach Meier Gone
NDSU Coach Bohl hopefully isn't gone, amid rumors.

Is there a place the Bohl may likely be headed. Its not Nebraska is it?

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Is there a place the Bohl may likely be headed. Its not Nebraska is it?

Just that time of year when everybody gets nervous. It would probably take a pretty good position to get him out of Fargo.

Henwatcher
November 21st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Let's hope there aren't any "shocking" announcements about coaching changes come this Saturday morning.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2007, 09:47 PM
HEY KEELER.....DID YA READ DAT?