PDA

View Full Version : Which half of Bracket won coin toss?

YesAppCan
November 21st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Top or Bottom? The coin flip that was made to determine "Home" team for the championship game was done after determining the 16 team field. Anyone know the answer? If previously posted, my apologies.

CSN-info
November 21st, 2007, 09:34 AM
It hasn't been done yet.

YesAppCan
November 21st, 2007, 09:36 AM
I wasn't sure. In the guideline posted by the NCAA on the playoffs, it stated that once the 16 team field was completed a coin toss would occur to determine the HOME side of the bracket. Thanks for info though.

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM
I dont think a coin gets flipped... my guess is the ncaa puts whatever team they want wherever they want

placidlakegriz
November 21st, 2007, 09:58 AM
I dont think a coin gets flipped... my guess is the ncaa puts whatever team they want wherever they want

I think they put what ever team will bring the most fans on the North side of the field so that the staduim looks full on TV.

Appguy
November 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
they did a coin flip the last 2 years, or so they claim at least.

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
as we saw last year, the stadium will look, and be full if App is playing, regardless of what side they put them on.

APPST '93
November 21st, 2007, 06:04 PM
I think they put what ever team will bring the most fans on the North side of the field so that the staduim looks full on TV.

yep

Syntax Error
November 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Which side the fans sit on has nothing to do with winning the coinflip I've heard. The flip is for facility use and uniforms.

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 07:21 PM
Which side the fans sit on has nothing to do with winning the coinflip I've heard. The flip is for facility use and uniforms.

heard that too

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
IN 2003.....DELAWARE WAS HOME TEAM..........BUT ESPN ASKED KEELER.....TA SET UP ON DUH AWAY SIDE......SO DAT OURAH FAN FOLLOWIN'.......WOULD MAKE DUH STADIUM LOOK FULL......COLGATE.....SAT ON DUH HOME SIDE....WHIFF DERE THRONG O' UH COUPLE K......WE GOT TA FLY OURAH BLUE SHIRTS....ANYHOO!

McTailGator
November 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM

That's what I heard.

In 2002 they figured WKU would bring more to Chattanooga because they were only about 2 hours away so they put them opposite of the press box. They brought about 3500.

McNeese brought 9,000 from 13 hours away.