PDA

View Full Version : SCSMA All-SoCon Teams Announced

smallcollegefbfan
November 20th, 2007, 02:39 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=21895&SPID=1781&DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=1324435

SCSMA All-SoCon Football Team Announced
Georgia Southern senior quarterback Jayson Foster was named the league’s Offensive Player of the Year in a vote of the Southern Conference Sports Media Association. Foster helped the Eagles post a 7-4 record in 2007. The native of Canton, Ga. is ranked second in the nation in rushing (167.6 yards per game) and third in scoring (13.5 points per game).

Appalachian State defensive back Corey Lynch was named the conference’s Defensive Player of the Year. The senior recorded 83 tackles in 2007 and helped lead the Mountaineers to a 9-2 record and a berth in the FCS Playoffs. The Cape Coral, Fla. native tied for the conference lead with four interceptions and finished sixth in the SoCon in passes defended with 10.

Elon quarterback Scott Riddle was a unanimous choice of the media for Freshman of the Year. The native of Ramseur, N.C. leads the nation in passing yards (347.0 yards per game) and pass completions (31.5 completions per game). He is third nationally in total offense with 339.8 yards per game.

Elon’s Pete Lembo, who led surprising the surprising Phoenix to a 7-4 mark in 2007, was named Coach of the Year.

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Media did a better job than the coaches

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM

you can say that again!

Congrats to all the Cadets mentioned!

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2007, 03:58 PM

WVAPPmountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I'm not arguing here or disagreeing with any picks but what makes anyone think the media knows better than the coaches who the best players are?

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I'm not arguing here or disagreeing with any picks but what makes anyone think the media knows better than the coaches who the best players are?

well wv when they put guys from your school on the coaches list who don't have the #'s that our boys do we will take the recognition anyway we can get it. d.jackson. whose place was taken on this list by a Cadet who outperformed him. Cadet Andre Roberts.

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2007, 05:30 PM

I didn't say the media knows better, I said they did a better job selecting

WVAPPmountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Maybe the coaches don't just look at numbers??? - they have watched these guys play on tape over and over and over again - Personally, I'm glad they have both a coaches and media team, it gives more guys a chance to be called all SoCon -