PDA

View Full Version : JMU/ASU Game Televised on Comcast/Charter Southeast

Cranium716
November 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Comcast/Charter Southeast won the bid to televise the ASU/JMU game. Kickoff is Saturday at NOON.

http://www.goasu.com/article/11319/
http://www.csssports.com/

CSS is only available in one town in VA (Bristol). So glad the NCAA is helping us JMU folks watch the game. xmadx xbangx xsplatx

JMU2004
November 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
typical

Want a home game JMU? NCAA says FU
Want to see a road game on TV, NCAA says FU

Black Saturday
November 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Comcast/Charter Southeast won the bid to televise the ASU/JMU game. Kickoff is Saturday at NOON.

http://www.goasu.com/article/11319/
http://www.csssports.com/

CSS is only available in one town in VA (Bristol). So glad the NCAA is helping us JMU folks watch the game. xmadx xbangx xsplatx

CSS = CAN"T SEE SHI@xbangx

PurpleandGold
November 20th, 2007, 12:17 PM
it's a good thing their broadcasting it in the region where people could drive less than 3 hours to see it...well thought out

maybe the committee's conspiracy against JMU is real after all

Cranium716
November 20th, 2007, 12:21 PM
After more research, they aren't even carried by DirectTV or Dish Network, so we can't even go to a bar to watch the game!

Anyone know if ASU can still stream it on their website?

biggie
November 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM
After more research, they aren't even carried by DirectTV or Dish Network, so we can't even go to a bar to watch the game!

If its on any channel, then I doubt it. You may be able to find a steaming audio of it though.

This does suck, both game time and channel.

ChickenMan
November 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Any chance that ESPN's.. 'Game Plan' would carry the game?

appstate38
November 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Are you sure it is not on Direct TV, cause I want to say that there is a CSS channel offered throught them.

SoCon48
November 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM
This is pure BS

biggie
November 20th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Are you sure it is not on Direct TV, cause I want to say that there is a CSS channel offered throught them.

There is a sportssouth channel, but this game has apparently only been sold to the local charter/comcast network.

SoCon48
November 20th, 2007, 12:53 PM

No it is not.

Cranium716
November 20th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Any chance that ESPN's.. 'Game Plan' would carry the game?

ESPN GamePlan is the one who syndicated it to CSS. That's what I believe I read. So no...xmadx

Dukie95
November 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
What about bars with the old school satellites...you know, the ones that pick up soccer games in Paraguay that aren't directTV or DishNetwork?

Cranium716
November 20th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Apparently there is a slight possibility that CSS could syndicate the game to other networks (don't know what networks that would be), so that's about the best shot we have at seeing what should be one of the best games of the first round.

NYJMUSupporter
November 20th, 2007, 01:02 PM
This really sucks! ESPN really dropped the ball on this one. I am shocked that the collective powers to be in the CAA and Southern Conference could not get this game on a better network. So much for them having a lot of influence!

LehighFan11
November 20th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Dam this sucks...i hope they put it somewhere on directv ...ive been able to watch a number of app st games on SS and would defantly tune in for this one

JMU2004
November 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
apparently, JMU has negotiated with CN8 to carry the game in Virginia. Guess we get to put the 2nd largest bid to good use to buy a TV game.

NYJMUSupporter
November 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I just got off the phone with the sports director at CN8. They will be broadcasting the game. I asked him if they would be streaming the game and he said they are going to try. The problem is, that they are not producing the game, so they may not be allowed. He told me that he put in a request for streaming video in his letter to the NCAA and to CSS. He said that it will all come down to cost, but he is going to try hard to make it happen!

BarefootApp
November 20th, 2007, 02:20 PM
the game will be an audio feed on goasu.com....being an App grad and living in SW Florida....I am pretty tickled about it. High noon, baby!

FCS Preview
November 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
apparently, JMU has negotiated with CN8 to carry the game in Virginia. Guess we get to put the 2nd largest bid to good use to buy a TV game.
Also not available on DirecTV. :(

Appaholic
November 20th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I'm glad to see my alma mater can whore itself and game times out to the highest bidder like FBS team in heat.......xnonono2x

asufan87
November 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I'm glad to see my alma mater can whore itself and game times out to the highest bidder like FBS team in heat.......xnonono2x

It's totally in the hands of the NCAA. ASU has nothing to do with it.

Mountaineer#96
November 20th, 2007, 02:41 PM
So I am going to be in Charlotte at my Dad's and it looks like he gets Time Warner digital cable. Since this is Charter Cable, im not looking good right?

Stupid ESPN and it's race card stories ( Del vs Del St.) HORRIBLE

Appaholic
November 20th, 2007, 03:03 PM
It's totally in the hands of the NCAA. ASU has nothing to do with it.

So, in this case, NCAA would be like our pimp.......xnodx