PDA

View Full Version : Outside of your team or teams in your conference

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Who are your favorite 3 teams (FCS):

Mine would go like this:
1. Montana. I have always respected Montana's consistency. Playoff year after playoff year after playoff year. Montana also seems to come in for some of the same hatred that Georgia Southern used to (at least back when we were a year after year playoff team). I also feel a bit for Montana's frustration in having some really great teams that came up short for the championship.
2. McNeese St. From having gone there when we played there several years back I was very impressed with their tailgating and the genuine friendliness of their fans. McNeese is another team who has had some very good teams but hasn't put up that championship flag yet.
3. Eastern Kentucky. I have always respected the great history there. I was hoping that somehow EKU could be brought in to the SoCon.

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM
V@gina Military Institute, Richmond, William and Mary.

all former SoCon Teams the latter left when we let the subpar academic schools in the conferencexbawlingx xbawlingx

SU Jag
November 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
South Carolina State

Hampton

Georgia Southern

andy7171
November 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM
I can't find it within me to root for any of the other CAA schools.

For some reason, I like following and reading about the NEC teams. A bunch of up and coming schools looking to improve the right way. Through increased competition, not whining.

mlbowl
November 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I couldn't pick just 3 and in no particular order...

Georgia So.
McNeese St
N. Dakota St.
Cal Poly
Delaware

saint0917
November 20th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Montana

Cal Poly

Southern Illinois

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Montana, McNeese, GSU

DetroitFlyer
November 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Saint Francis University of Pennsylvania
Drake
San Diego
Robert Morris
Duquesne

I am from the Pittsburgh area after all!

ChickenMan
November 20th, 2007, 10:42 AM
1 - Delaware St
2 - The Citadel
3 - Montana

putter
November 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Delaware, McNeese, GSU, Poly

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2007, 10:44 AM
In no particular order, and assuming NDSU is still Great West.

Montana
App St
McNeese St
UNI
SIU
Delaware
GSU

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2007, 10:46 AM
1. Delaware (home state and family ties)
2. William & Mary (family ties)
3. Lehigh (ngineer has made me a convert!)

HaveFunKc
November 20th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Well, No Socon and since I can't say La Salle any more... :(

1) Since they haven't joined SoCon yet - Samford. Man am I glad you guys are coming next year!! Scheduling, scheduling, scheduling...

2) Youngstown St - Great history, great fans and that is the koolest mascot around. xthumbsupx

3) Coastal Carolina - How can you not love going to a game on Saturday and then sticking around for a long weekend at Myrtle Beach? xnodx xnodx

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Montana, Del, NDSU, Liberty, Princeton

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM
1. McNeese baby!
2. Cal Poly
3. Starting to develop a slight affection for NDSU
4. (just because I wanted to pick 4) SUU...they suck so bad I want them to do well and admire their testicular fortitude for the schedule they tackled this year. Go Thunderbirds!

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Interesting the amount of Montana fans, they are probably also one of the most hated schools along with GSU, YSU, ASU i'd assume.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Albany, Wofford, Georgia Southern.

sharkeycox
November 20th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Mine would go like this:
1. Montana. I have always respected Montana's consistency. Playoff year after playoff year after playoff year. Montana also seems to come in for some of the same hatred that Georgia Southern used to (at least back when we were a year after year playoff team). I also feel a bit for Montana's frustration in having some really great teams that came up short for the championship.
2. McNeese St. From having gone there when we played there several years back I was very impressed with their tailgating and the genuine friendliness of their fans. McNeese is another team who has had some very good teams but hasn't put up that championship flag yet.
3. Eastern Kentucky. I have always respected the great history there. I was hoping that somehow EKU could be brought in to the SoCon.

1. Montana..they just win baby.
2. Delaware..rivalry goes back to the 70's.
3. GSU.....gotta love all those pennants.

RabidRabbit
November 20th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Ga Southern

McNeese

UNI

Based on this last season in the GWFC.

If assuming now Gateway:

Poly/UC Davis - been a great 4 years.xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
November 20th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Cal Poly
McNeese
Furman - Have always liked Furman since reading the stories on The UFFP about "it all starting on the bus ride over..."

FargoBison
November 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Montana
UCD
Cal Poly

Grrrrriz
November 20th, 2007, 11:41 AM
North Dakota State
Georgia Southern
App

bostonspider
November 20th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I like the smaller private schools that are like UR, and are fighting hard in FCS:

Furman
Wofford
Lehigh
Lafayette
Colgate

and because of family connections:

Princeton
Yale

troianus
November 20th, 2007, 11:55 AM
- Southern Illinois (With NDSU in Great West)
- Northern Iowa (With NDSU in Great West)
- Georgia Southern
- UC Davis (With NDSU in Gateway)
- Cal Poly (With NDSU in Gateway)

Cranium716
November 20th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Elon (b/c of family ties) xrotatehx

NDSU (b/c they're so entertaining to watch and when else can you say you like something from North Dakota?) xnodx

Coastal Carolina (b/c they're right near the beach and I had to pick someone else, right?) xlolx

Dane96
November 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Delaware
UMASS
UNH
Montana

And sadly (no more conference affiliation), STONY BROOK!

ncbears
November 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
1. Eastern Washington
2. NAU
3. Cal Poly

HIU 93
November 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM
All VA schools regardless of division.

Rob Iola
November 20th, 2007, 12:09 PM
xconfusedx Wow - where's the luv for Gateway teams? xconfusedx Maybe 'cause they field warm-weather teams in cold-weather states with women buried under layers of sweaters? xnodx

Oh - sorry - not the smack forum - kindly disregard this post... :D

bandl
November 20th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Towson, because they can never beat us ;)

Appalachian State, because until not so long ago they were the Boston Red Sox of I-AA, a team that just could not win it all. They've been on my radar since my first playoff game there in 1995

Montana, because they can never beat us either

Walkon79
November 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
McNeese - Great Tailgate, and how can you not root for a Cowboy if you're from Montana

NDSU - Love the attitude, and wish they were in the Big Sky

GSU - Just want them to start winning again to shut up the App State fans.

Walkon79
November 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM
1. Eastern Washington
2. NAU
3. Cal Poly

What part of "outside of your conference" didn't you understand?

bandl
November 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM

The part where "I don't want to follow that rule" comes into play. xcoffeex

That's what I read at least... ;)

ncbears
November 20th, 2007, 01:07 PM

oops. I am just learning to read ya know!

UMass922
November 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Albany, because I did some grad work there.

The Citadel, because it's my father's school.

Appalachian State, because they beat us for the NC and they beat Michigan. They've been great for the FCS and they're fun to watch. I'll be rooting for them to three-peat if UMass doesn't reach the title game.

ncbears
November 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
McNeese - Great Tailgate, and how can you not root for a Cowboy if you're from Montana

NDSU - Love the attitude, and wish they were in the Big Sky

GSU - Just want them to start winning again to shut up the App State fans.

I wish they were in the BSC too, instead of Montana State!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Guess I should also add San Diego since they are giving me my next degree :)...as unpopular as that may be xlolx

McTailGator
November 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
It's really hard to settle for three. (So I won't) and in no particular order. xsmiley_wix

Geo Southern - Love their road crew and traveling fans that came to LC a few years back. And they treated us nicely in Stateboro.

Youngstown - Same reason xthumbsupx

Montana & Montana State - Same reason as above except we've never been to Bozeman. xprost2x Montana's tailgate is to short, but they get you drunk the night before downtown so your really not ready to drink a lot before the game anyway. :D
Also fun to hear the Griz and the Bobcat fans talk about each other to us. xpeacex

Delaware - We had fun in Newark in '97 and hell all Cajuns love to add Hen's to their tailgating Gumbo Menu's. the town of Lake Charles and McNeese fans remember the 70's rivalry games.

ASUPATCH
November 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
#1 Montana- great history very nice stadium and die hard fans.
#2 YSU- Ice Palace Penguins need I say more.
#3 UNH- Its close to Vermont where Ill be attending law school and Ill need an FCS fix while im up there.

LehighFan11
App St- I love the their option offense and armanti
Georgia Southern- alot of respect for their dominatance with the other Adrain Peterson...also love Foster
JMU- I came away with alot of respect for them after their playoff run a few years ago which included their first round win @ Lehigh

appmountaineer
Richmond-lots of friends there
NDSU-fun to watch, can't wait to play them in the playoffs
Delaware st- really enjoying the story this year

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
The Citadel, because it's my father's school.

You are not a The Citadel Man? why? You sprung from the schmeckle of one so why not be one yourself?

drpnut
November 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Montana (Except when they play my beloved Wofford)

Lafayette (I like Coach Tavani and I"m a small school guy)

SC State (I love the fact that they have put so many studs in the NFL)

Cocky
November 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Montana
Delaware
Northwestern State or can I just say the whole Southland Conf.

RE/MAXGriz
November 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Mine would go like this:

I always think highly of the teams we've faced off against in the post-season and programs that I respect, it seems like there's a "big 4" in the FCS it's Montana, Deleware, Georgia Southern and McNeese. Sure there's other teams, most recently App, and UNI but it seems there's teams that always have huge fan bases, great followings and are almost always in the NC hunt.

1. Deleware - that 1993 loss still stings, but they're continually doing great things over there, Deleware is almost always a powerhouse, they've got great support and great fans.

2. Georgia Southern - It's great to see GSU working to get back to the elite levels, we'd had some serious battles with them in the past and I deeply respect this program. In fact I was really hoping they'd beat Colorado St and have to travel to Missoula.

3. McNeese - Our advisary from the late 1990's and most recently as last year.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM
McNeese - I think we GSUers generally have a mutual admiration thing going with the Cowboys

Northeastern - this is solely based on having spent a great four day weekend in Boston when we played them a few years ago

Harvard - enjoyed walking around their campus during the above mentioned trip. Would really like to see them on our schedule one day.

Walkon79
November 20th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I wish they were in the BSC too, instead of Montana State!

What, We're the only school this year that wishes UNC wasn't in the conference!! I would bet that you enjoyed having us in this year. Besides, we're a charter member and a legacy, so you can't black-ball the us.

grizwin
November 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM
in no particular order:
MCNEESE ST: Whe Grizzzzz travel there I hear about how well our fans are treated and when they come here I hear the same. AND the cool story on how a dad(GRIZZZ at Mcneese playoff game few years back) had his daughter at the game and loved Monte. Mcneese won and the next week the Daughter asked where that bear is lol.

GA SOUTHERN: Cuz I keep getting updates from my bro the OC of Roswell High the co defending state champs and says that QB is Great,so I kinda followed a little bit of the drama psot Paul Johnson.

JAMES MADISON: Cuz I chat with a dude that goes to JMU, Biz type guy I chatted online with in summer and thruthe whole Va tech disaster. So I look for JMU scores and I guess they are young. Just 4 points away from 10-1.

Sorry but I am not allowed to root for Mcneese in this Playoff season for obvious reasons.

sharkeycox
November 20th, 2007, 02:01 PM
in no particular order:
MCNEESE ST: Whe Grizzzzz travel there I hear about how well our fans are treated and when they come here I hear the same. AND the cool story on how a dad(GRIZZZ at Mcneese playoff game few years back) had his daughter at the game and loved Monte. Mcneese won and the next week the Daughter asked where that bear is lol.

GA SOUTHERN: Cuz I keep getting updates from my bro the OC of Roswell High the co defending state champs and says that QB is Great,so I kinda followed a little bit of the drama psot Paul Johnson.

JAMES MADISON: Cuz I chat with a dude that goes to JMU, Biz type guy I chatted online with in summer and thruthe whole Va tech disaster. So I look for JMU scores and I guess they are young. Just 4 points away from 10-1.

Sorry but I am not allowed to root for Mcneese in this Playoff season for obvious reasons.

that 2002 version of Monte, was without a doubt, the best mascot I have ever seenxthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Delaware
William and Mary
Gardner Webb

ncbears
November 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
in no particular order:

WTF did you just write? Did anyone understand anything he wrote??

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Montana
McNeese State (until they win a NC)
Northern Iowa (until they win a NC)

Those are the main ones...

grizwin
November 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
MCNEESE ST becasue they are respectful.
Ga southern- Cuz my bro keeps me updated
JMU- cuz I met a Biz dude online who goes to JMU

QUick summary there

WTF did you just write? Did anyone understand anything he wrote??

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Umass74
November 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Montana- The UMass fans that were finally able to make it to Montana could not speak highly enough of the hospitality.

FAMU- Love the Rattlers band. I wish we could do a home and home with them. I was sorry to see the FAMU athletic dept so bleeped up recently.

VMI - Former UMass coach Jimmy Reid is one of the finest persons ever to breath air. He's got his hands full trying to get VMI respectable.

blueballs
November 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
UNI and McNeese... both programs boast great fans and great histories that are only missing a NC from their impressive resumes.

Ruler 79
November 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Delaware.....Thats the program that Albany is trying to emulate. Of course after our new facility is built. Our AD said to me point blank "the goal is to get a home and home series...then you have made it." I know its tough to do.

Montana....Love the crowd they get, has a big time feel to it as does Delaware. Your fans are big time into it. Coaches show breakdown of upcoming opponents on TV/Itnet etc.

Savannah State....Yes I said SS! Love southern football and this school is banging heads with little $ or support! Take note St. Peter's and LaSalle! Can anyone shed light on why they are so bad and never seem to improve??? Does SS give the full allotment of 63 rides out? I am actually gointg to start a thread about this.

BearsCountry
November 20th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Drake - gotta love our MVC member
Texas State - name change buddies plus their old coach's wife's family is from my hometown
Central Arkansas - closest FCS member
Southeast Missouri State - instate

MSU_77
November 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
JMU - I lived in Harrisonburg for a few years in the 80s and my wife attended some classes - one of my favorite colleges and pretty decent rivalry with my alma mater considering they've only played twice. My kids attend Va. Tech, Radford and UMW, none of which are FBS football and they wouldn't consider attending McNeese, lol!

William and Mary - beautiful historical campus and very competitive

Tenn Chattanooga - what a nice stadium and campus - why aren't they more competitive on the field?

UNCBears2010
November 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM
GSU (Family ties)
Sam Houston State (Friends down there)
App St (Thanks for beating Michiganxthumbsupx)

DOME
November 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
S. Utah <--Perfect season baby!!
S. Ill <--I hate them so much I have to keep up on 'em
E. Ky <--For some reason their mascott and state make me think of whiskey....mmmmm whiskey.....

Mountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Northern Iowa- My grad school so naturally they're my second favorite FCS team. xthumbsupx

James Madison - I like the rivalry that's rekindling between the teams, even if we are 11-3 against the Dukes. :D :p

Toss-up/tie:
Eastern Kentucky/Delaware/McNeese State - Lots of tradition in all three places. xnodx

griz&beer
November 20th, 2007, 03:45 PM
The cowboys of MSU, GSU Furman Del. I fell for NDSU for not getting the chance

DuckDuckGriz
November 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Outside of the Big Sky:
MaaacccNeeese: They have a great devoted fanbase that reminds me of Montana's. Pretty classy people too. Also Furman because they have always seemed like very classy and smart people.

In the Big Sky:
Portland State. This is relatively new but I've been to a couple games at PGE and you have to admire the diehard Viking fans that have to compete with UO OSU and are in a city that really couldn't care less. Also the geographic factor now leads me to cheer for them a little when they aren't playing Montana.

CrunchGriz
November 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
that 2002 version of Monte, was without a doubt, the best mascot I have ever seenxthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

That Monte is now Benny the Bull, the Chicago Bulls' mascot.

...and yeah, he was a tough act to follow, winning one national mascot of the year and paving the way for the succeeding Monte to win again a couple of years later.

Grizo406
November 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Georgia Southern - My 2nd favorite FCS team. Erk, Eagle Creek, and 6 high flyin' flags. I do love this team!

Appalachian State - I like their fan base and team a lot! My Mom lives in Franklin, N.C. and I get weekly, verbal beat downs about the Griz not getting back to back National Championships. She tends to think a a third NC is on the horizon, and I'm hoping she's thinkin' Griz on this one, but I doubt it!

Deleware - Just because Chickenman, and Mrs. Chickenman are two of the nicest people that I've ever met at a Griz game.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Montana, McNeese, GSU

I agree with these three. Mainly, because I like their fans on this board. xnodx

Maroons
November 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Ah... tough...

Morehead State - I'd like to see them succeed so that they can rejoin the world of scholarship football and resume "The Battle for the Old Hawg Rifle" with EKU.

Appalachian State - I really enjoyed the series that existed for a while between Appy and Boone. It was gratifying to see them rise to the national championship the last year of the series. Additionally, I like Coach Moore (sp?) and what he's done.

UMass - Not really sure why I like the Minutemen so much... except that Matt Guice transfered to EKU from UMass and he was probably my favorite Colonel during my time as a student in Richmond.

I wish I was old enough to remember the rivalry GSU and EKU shared... there were apparently some great regular season matchups.

JDC325
November 20th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Montana
App ( Like/Hate all at the same time)
NDSU
YSU

Luap57
November 20th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Da Grizz or Georgia Southern; great teams, great fans.

GtFllsGriz
November 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
MaaacNeese: They almost seem like our sister team with all the great matchups. Great fans, haven't won the big one.

CalPoly: Western team, nice people.

GSU: Hated for their success, had THE option program, down, but coming back.

NDSU was right up there but a few of their fans kind of depleted my brotherly love attitude this year. Where are they by the way? Haven't heard much lately.

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Towson- Went on a recruiting visit there and have a lot of respect for Gordy Combs and his staff, like to see them do well

Brown & Dartmouth- They were the two Ivy schools I wanted to go to. Like there approach to academics (more liberal arts based) rather than pretty much all of the other Ivy's who are pretty large research Universities.

FCS Go!
November 20th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Georgia Southern- class act, tradition

McNeese St- see above

South Dakota St- can't really tell ya... never seem to get the respect they deserve in the last few years. I like rabbits too.

Seawolf97
November 20th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Rhode Island- think they can have a great program up there.
Wish them luck on finding a new coach - just stay away from ours.xnonox

Albany- we have been at it in football and other sports since the
D-3 days. Have alot of friends who went there years ago.

Brown- Solid program-look forward to playing them in '08.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 20th, 2007, 11:50 PM
OOC- Favorite 3:

#1: Montana. The Grizz are a lot like my team: GSU. While they haven't quite caught up to our NC count yet, they have the fan base, atmosphere, solid athletic dept., and consistancy of winning. If I wasn't a GSU fan, I'd want to be a Montana fan.

#2- McNeese St. I remember going to my first GSU game 2 years ago as a freshman at GSU. GSU vs. McNeese St. @ Paulson Stadium. My first thought was "who the **** is McNeese St.??". Then I watched my team lose to "McNeese State". After the game we were tailgating and some of their fans came over and thanked us for the hospitality and shook our hands for playing a good game. Very classy folks. I also really like their stadium and I hear they are #2 to GSU when it comes to tailgating!

#3- Harvard. Roots, intellect, tradition. The Crimson might not have a winning football team, but that's not important to them so I don't mind either.

OOC-Least Favorite 3:

#1- Montana State. Their players don't act like thugs, they are thugs. Heck, so are some of their (former...) coaches. They live in the shadow of Montana wishing they could be them but sadly cannot manage to find a way out of the land of mediocracy (and/or prison).

#2- Texas State. Between dealing with their pitiful smack the week before the 2005 playoff game, watching that f***ing disaster happen, and listening to them proceed to hail themselves the Gods of I-AA afterwards, I don't like them. They beat GSU once and all of the sudden they think they are worthy of going I-A. I don't like their fans. I don't like their team. I don't like San Marcos (yes, I've been). And I don't like the train that goes by their stadium every 3 seconds.

#3- USC-Conway a.k.a. Coastal Carolina. Players acted like thugs when we played them (and also during one of their games I caught on TV). Their coach is a goob and nothing special. The mascot has balls on it's chin and is a wannabe of the USC Gamecock. They have like 6 different uniforms but only one looks good. I don't like Myrtle Beach (grew up a Hilton Head guy). Atleast their fans on here are cool.

Mountain Panther
November 21st, 2007, 12:15 AM
Portland State
Furman
Delaware

Honorable Mention
Cal Poly

Team I Want to Hate But Can't Help Love
Montana

McNeese75
November 21st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Georgia Southern
Montana
Northern Iowa
Youngstown State
Delaware

All teams with a very avid and knowledgeable fan base xnodx
And, they all know how to put butts in the seats come game time.

Ronin
November 21st, 2007, 02:03 PM
NDSU
ASU
Grambling

Whom ever is playing Montana :D

OldTiredGriz
November 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
McNeese State -- Louisiana is one of the few states I've never visited, but the folks I've met from there (including some MSU fans) are good people, good sports and seem to have a great fun loving attitude towards life. Top notch football program in Lake Charles.

Western Illinois -- how can you not like a team named the Leathernecks?

Appalachian State -- I respect the strength of the program in recent years, but my affection for the school comes from way, way back. When I was about 10 years old (and that was a while ago) I watched ASU play Montana State in basketball; the players were so cool, they spoke to us kids as they came from the locker room to the court to warm up. And of course we thought that was the coolest thing ever.

FGColonel
November 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM
I can't pick three but I will say that every SoCon team that we have ever played treated the team and fans very well. A lot of good natured smack but always a lot of fun . We have had epic battles with Ga. Southern in the past. Not to mention a couple really good games with App.

Franks Tanks
November 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM
OOC- Favorite 3:

#1: Montana. The Grizz are a lot like my team: GSU. While they haven't quite caught up to our NC count yet, they have the fan base, atmosphere, solid athletic dept., and consistancy of winning. If I wasn't a GSU fan, I'd want to be a Montana fan.

#2- McNeese St. I remember going to my first GSU game 2 years ago as a freshman at GSU. GSU vs. McNeese St. @ Paulson Stadium. My first thought was "who the **** is McNeese St.??". Then I watched my team lose to "McNeese State". After the game we were tailgating and some of their fans came over and thanked us for the hospitality and shook our hands for playing a good game. Very classy folks. I also really like their stadium and I hear they are #2 to GSU when it comes to tailgating!

#3- Harvard. Roots, intellect, tradition. The Crimson might not have a winning football team, but that's not important to them so I don't mind either.

OOC-Least Favorite 3:

#1- Montana State. Their players don't act like thugs, they are thugs. Heck, so are some of their (former...) coaches. They live in the shadow of Montana wishing they could be them but sadly cannot manage to find a way out of the land of mediocracy (and/or prison).

#2- Texas State. Between dealing with their pitiful smack the week before the 2005 playoff game, watching that f***ing disaster happen, and listening to them proceed to hail themselves the Gods of I-AA afterwards, I don't like them. They beat GSU once and all of the sudden they think they are worthy of going I-A. I don't like their fans. I don't like their team. I don't like San Marcos (yes, I've been). And I don't like the train that goes by their stadium every 3 seconds.

#3- USC-Conway a.k.a. Coastal Carolina. Players acted like thugs when we played them (and also during one of their games I caught on TV). Their coach is a goob and nothing special. The mascot has balls on it's chin and is a wannabe of the USC Gamecock. They have like 6 different uniforms but only one looks good. I don't like Myrtle Beach (grew up a Hilton Head guy). Atleast their fans on here are cool.

Harvard won the IVY league this year, and has won it many times over the last decade or so. Another fun fact is that Harvard has more players in the NFL that Georgia Southern- 4 to 3 xsmiley_wix

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/college?letter=h

OL FU
November 21st, 2007, 02:38 PM
I am a South Carolina Homer

1) South Carolina State - Allegiance to a friend that I can't go to the games with anymore.
2) Coastal Carolina - they started a program that succeeded early
3) Presbyterian - Small school just making the move. I hope the coach doesn't make me change my mindxrolleyesx

denverfan
November 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
I am not in any conference but I do like watching 1-AA when I am not watching CU.
I respect these old powerhouses:
ASU
Montana
GSU
YSU
UNI
UNH
UMass

I respect these newer powers:
NDSU
Cal Poly

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Great topic.

I'd probably have to go with GSU's tradition, ASU's recent success and Delaware for their fans on the board (even if half the Blue Hen posts are from 89Hen).

Rob Iola
November 21st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Wofford - to paraphrase: "There's the right way, and then there's the Wofford way."
Citadel - Any school good enough for Shannon Faulkner's good enough for me.
DSU - In all seriousness, thanks for kicking MEAC butt and making Friday's game finally possible!