PDA

View Full Version : GoGrambling.com: Grambling to play Nevada in 2008

MACHIAVELLI
November 20th, 2007, 06:50 AM
SWAC vs WAC: Grambling to play Univ. of Nevada
Grambling Tigers are scheduled to play The University of Nevada in Reno in 2008. This will be the second meeting between the Tigers and the Wolf Pack. Grambling defeated Nevada 37-3 back in 1972. The game will be held in Mackay Stadium which holds about 31,000. The largest crowd recorded was 33,391 back in 1995 versus UNLV.

The exact date of the game is yet to be determined.

Tod
November 20th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Beat 'em again!!

But they're not Nevada-Reno anymore, just Nevada.

Very cool matchup! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Go Grambling, I'll be rooting hard for you that day! xnodx

dgreco
November 20th, 2007, 07:09 AM
exciting news, hopefully you can take the win.

813Jag
November 20th, 2007, 07:11 AM
SWAC vs WAC: Grambling to play Univ. of Nevada-Reno
Grambling Tigers are scheduled to play The University of Nevada Reno in 2008. This will be the second meeting between the Tigers and the Wolf Pack. Grambling defeated Nevada 37-3 back in 1972. The game will be held in Mackay Stadium which holds about 31,000. The largest crowd recorded was 33,391 back in 1995 versus UNLV.

The exact date of the game is yet to be determined.
How many open Out of Conference spots y'all have left?

mikebigg
November 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
How many open Out of Conference spots y'all have left?

That will give us 3 remaining ooc spots yet to fill. Coach Broadway has stated that he only wants to play 1 FBS Division school per season. I hope we can get at least 1 Southland conference school on our schedule...my preference would be McNeese (preferably) played in Grambling to help boost our season ticket sales. Coach Broadway is from North Carolina so he might want a game in that region... maybe App State or even his former employer North Carolina Central. I just hope we get a chance to play some of the teams currently participating in the playoffs...but I'm sure Coach Broadway ain't looking to make that schedule to heavy with FBS heavyweights.

813Jag
November 20th, 2007, 08:03 AM
That will give us 3 remaining ooc spots yet to fill. Coach Broadway has stated that he only wants to play 1 FBS Division school per season. I hope we can get at least 1 Southland conference school on our schedule...my preference would be McNeese (preferably) played in Grambling to help boost our season ticket sales. Coach Broadway is from North Carolina so he might want a game in that region... maybe App State or even his former employer North Carolina Central. I just hope we get a chance to play some of the teams currently participating in the playoffs...but I'm sure Coach Broadway ain't looking to make that schedule to heavy with FBS heavyweights.
One thing you can count on is that Grambling will have a pretty good OOC schedule. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2007, 08:05 AM
One thing you can count on is that Grambling will have a pretty good OOC schedule. xthumbsupx

I agree, I am sure they will...

Heard last night that Southern has had conversations with an SLC school -- not sure Southern's AD was that willing to do it...

813Jag
November 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I agree, I am sure they will...

Heard last night that Southern has had conversations with an SLC school -- not sure Southern's AD was that willing to do it...
Who? Let the cat out the bag. They have one open spot left as far as I know.

mikebigg
November 20th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Who? Let the cat out the bag. They have one open spot left as far as I know.

Do you guys travel to FAMU this year or will they come to Mumford? The nearest (driving wise) SLC school would be Southeastern so that could be a possibility. Maybe they are gonna go ahead and "return" the game to McNeese this year... hopefully that will mend the fences between those two schools (somewhat).

I look for SU to be a strong favorite next seasons...the jags got a lot of key players coming back.

Cleets
November 20th, 2007, 08:54 AM
mikebigg....
What a great picture in your signature line... Coach Robinson looks so young..!!!

813Jag
November 20th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Do you guys travel to FAMU this year or will they come to Mumford? The nearest (driving wise) SLC school would be Southeastern so that could be a possibility. Maybe they are gonna go ahead and "return" the game to McNeese this year... hopefully that will mend the fences between those two schools (somewhat).

I look for SU to be a strong favorite next seasons...the jags got a lot of key players coming back.
I think FAMU comes to BR and we go to Nashville to play Tennessee State. I wouldn't mind playinh SLU.

mikebigg
November 20th, 2007, 09:12 AM
mikebigg....
What a great picture in your signature line... Coach Robinson looks so young..!!!

Thanks... that picture appears to be during the Mid-60's time frame when I first fell in Love with the Tigers. Although I love myself from Grambling, I can't take credit as being the #1 fan in the family. My mother loves herself some Grambling. Although she's not a high school grad, she made up her mind early that her 3 kids would graduate from Grambling. I can remember while I was undergrad, my two older sisters drove 98 miles (one way) while working on their Master's Degrees in Education. My mother alway accompanied them and sat in the classroom while they did the coursework. xthumbsupx