PDA

View Full Version : Throw back uniforms

appstate38
November 19th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Since everyone is gearing up for a great playoffs. I thought I would lighten things up a bit and see if any of our AGS fans had some picks of some of the old uniforms our respective squads used to wear. Right now I am looking for the uniforms/helmet design the Apps used to have before Coach Moore came to town. So AGS what do ya got!

bench
November 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The Helmet Project (http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project) has historic helmets for most college and professional teams since the switch from leather. Might not be the source, but the helmets there are the same size and look an awful lot like those on offer as avatars here at AGS. The only problem is theirs are saved as .gifs, so you can't hotlink and use them here as they are, and I'm not technically inclined enough to figure out a way around it.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Nothing. Delaware hasn't changed uniforms since the day of leather helmets. xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
The griz have far too many "old" jerseys. They get new designs every 2-3 years. I looked pretty hard, and couldn't find an old App St. uniform pic. Sorry.

ERASU2113
November 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
It's not hard....just save it to your desktop then upload it

ERASU2113
November 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
The Helmet Project (http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project) has historic helmets for most college and professional teams since the switch from leather. Might not be the source, but the helmets there are the same size and look an awful lot like those on offer as avatars here at AGS. The only problem is theirs are saved as .gifs, so you can't hotlink and use them here as they are, and I'm not technically inclined enough to figure out a way around it.

see I got the one used from '60-61 :D

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
The griz have far too many "old" jerseys. They get new designs every 2-3 years. I looked pretty hard, and couldn't find an old App St. uniform pic. Sorry.
I still would like to see you wear the coppers. xnodx xthumbsupx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I was thinking about this the other day when I saw some of the hidious uniforms the pro teams have brought back. The Griz should bring back their yellow helmets and brown jerseys for one game......damn they were ugly, yet so unique :D

Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of them, but I bet someone can post one.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Nothing. Delaware hasn't changed uniforms since the day of leather helmets. xthumbsupx

WOW! xeekx

So Delaware hasn't changed it's uniforms? Those things should have holes all in them. xlolx

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
WOW! xeekx

So Delaware hasn't changed it's uniforms? Those things should have holes all in them. xlolx
They stink too. :)

th0m
November 19th, 2007, 04:18 PM
JMU hasn't changed their helmets since fielding a team I think, maybe slightly fine tuning the 'gold' on the helmets. Of course, we haven't been playing as long as some of the other teams around (certainly not in the leather helmet era ;))

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Here is the first Pic I found of the older uniforms, man o man hehe

Grrrrriz
November 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Check out the one in my avatar.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Check out the one in my avatar.
I dig those. I like them better than the current. xnodx

griz8791
November 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM
The Griz should bring back their yellow helmets and brown jerseys for one game......damn they were ugly, yet so unique :D . . .

I disagree about the old colors being "ugly." On a sunny fall day that color combo was awesome against the green grass. And that was when we still had grass.