PDA

View Full Version : The Problem I have With The Bracket

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I don' understand WHY, Conference Champs like Fordham have to play on the road, and At-Large Teams get to host Home games?? I think Fordham is getting screwed in this deal, they won The Patriot League Title, they should host a home game and not have to play on the road. And teams like Delaware (and I'm not talking smack about Delaware, just using this as an example, I love my Hen friends :D ) finish 3nd in the South and are hosting a home game, so are other At-Large teams like Appalachian St., Southern Illinois, and Richmond. I understand some of this is geographical, but, I don't recall Wofford (South Carolina) being a next door neighbor to Montana and some of this has to do with attendance, Delaware can pack them in where as Fordham doesn't. ALL Conference Champs should host a home game, and At-Large teams should have to play in the road. xtwocentsx

terrierbob
November 19th, 2007, 08:03 AM
I don' understand WHY, Conference Champs like Fordham have to play on the road, and At-Large Teams get to host Home games?? I think Fordham is getting screwed in this deal, they won The Patriot League Title, they should host a home game and not have to play on the road. And teams like Delaware (and I'm not talking smack about Delaware, just using this as an example, I love my Hen friends :D ) finish 3nd in the South and are hosting a home game, so are other At-Large teams like Appalachian St., Southern Illinois, and Richmond. I understand some of this is geographical, but, I don't recall Wofford (South Carolina) being a next door neighbor to Montana and some of this has to do with attendance, Delaware can pack them in where as Fordham doesn't. ALL Conference Champs should host a home game, and At-Large teams should have to play in the road. xtwocentsx

The selection process is WAY too prone to whim and caprice to my liking. (Remember the original "woofing" in '03 when the Terriers were locked out with a good conference record and and an overall 9-2 record).

Kosty
November 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
The problem I have with THIS bracket is that the second place team from a cruddy Gateway Conference gets a seed over the champion of the best conference in the country, witnessed by sending 5 teams to the playoffs. That the champion of the CAA would have to travel for the second round, that's utter ****e.

OhioHen
November 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I don' understand WHY, Conference Champs like Fordham have to play on the road, and At-Large Teams get to host Home games??

As has been noted many times in many threads -- other than the seeds, it's all about the money. Bigger crowds mean bigger bucks and that drives the host institution decisions.

Ud1Hens
November 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM
How much LESS money would the NCAA make by having teams like Fordham and Delaware St. have home games over App St., Delaware, Richmond or other at-large bids...the answer is a ton. Whether it is right of wrong that's the way it will be. That's why an 8-3 fourth place CAA team is hosting the MEAC conference champ.

DSUrocks07
November 19th, 2007, 08:10 AM
How much LESS money would the NCAA make by having teams like Fordham and Delaware St. have home games over App St., Delaware, Richmond or other at-large bids...the answer is a ton. Whether it is right of wrong that's the way it will be. That's why an 8-3 fourth place CAA team is hosting the MEAC conference champ.

Agreed its all about the money...sad but true. Until FCS can become its own money making entity, this is how its always gonna be. Why do you think we have all these teams (including DSU) talking about moving up to the FBS level, when 90% are not even remotely prepared for it.

newsbreaker
November 19th, 2007, 08:11 AM
The problem I have with THIS bracket is that the second place team from a cruddy Gateway Conference gets a seed over the champion of the best conference in the country, witnessed by sending 5 teams to the playoffs. That the champion of the CAA would have to travel for the second round, that's utter ****e.

Remember what happened to UNI a few years back...the Panthers should have been seeded, but the committee decided to go with a 4th Gateway team INSTEAD of a Panther seed. It was an either/or proposition.

I would guess something similar happened here.

Still, while winning the CAA is impressive, so is going 10-1 with the only loss coming to the #1 seed on the road, in a nip and tuck ballgame.

Kosty
November 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Still, while winning the CAA is impressive, so is going 10-1 with the only loss coming to the #1 seed on the road, in a nip and tuck ballgame.

How about 9-1 since the first win came over an NAIA Quincy team. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Ud1Hens
November 19th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Well said, even as a UD/CAA guy I'd agree. The UMass loss to Rhode Island hurt...they lost the game too late in the season for them to recover and earn a seed.

newsbreaker
November 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
How about 9-1 since the first win came over an NAIA Quincy team. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

...and the next came over an FBS opponent on the road.

Still, it comes down to three things:
1)SIU lost only to #1
2)UMass lost to someone other than #1
3)CAA/UMass' "reward" was the 5th team, rather than the seed.

eaglesrthe1
November 19th, 2007, 08:21 AM

It seems you really do know why, you just wanted to rant a little.;)

ButlerGSU
November 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Our 'pure' playoff system is almost becoming as much of a sham as the BCS.

Regardless of 'bids' a team like Wofford should NEVER have to fly all the way across the country to play in the first round. Wasn't FCS created to NOT be about money? The #1 team from a conference like the SoCon should never get shafted like this.

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 08:31 AM
It seems you really do know why, you just wanted to rant a little.;)

You got me, I just wanted to rant, xwhistlex xwhistlex ;)

Ud1Hens
November 19th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I know it would probably cost more money overall but I would love to see them Seed teams 1-16 and go from there. People would still complain about their team getting the #9 and having to fly somewhere but it would end this regionalization crap.

OL FU
November 19th, 2007, 08:39 AM
My rant is going to be different. Fordham is the winner of the Patriot league but I am not sure they should be rated in the top 25. Sounds to me that instead of giving them a home game the NCAA should revisit the AQs and either give one to every conference (if you want to be absolutely fair to all conferences) or determine a way to prove that a conference still deserves the AQ (to be fair to other at large possibilities) xeyebrowx

eaglesrthe1
November 19th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Or, just do away with AQs.

DetroitFlyer
November 19th, 2007, 08:43 AM
It is ALWAYS about the money, folks. Albany and Dayton are playing in the Gridiron Classic because neither school complies with the "OVC Rule".

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86888

This year there are even more legislative proposals regarding FCS standards. The Ohio Valley Conference not only proposes a standard for FCS eligibility but also for playoff access. They introduced Proposals 2007-101 and 2007-108 to ensure “that the balance of the Division I Football Championship will have met minimum standards of competition” and “that the privilege of automatic qualification for the Division I Football Championship is available to a more homogenous group of conferences.”

The centerpiece of both proposals is the stipulation that reads: “an institution classified in NCAA Football Championship Subdivision needs to provide an average of at least 50 football grants-in-aid per year over a rolling two-year period;” or “for an institution that does not award athletics grants-in-aid in football, annually expend a minimum of $1,500,000 in institutional financial aid to football student-athletes that would have been countable if provided to a counter.”

The inclusion of OVC power Eastern Illinois over Albany or Dayton was 100% driven by what you just read above.

Why would you think that once the corrupt bracket is chosen that the travel plans would not follow the money as well? And to think that some of you still hold out the hope that it is all about determining a champion on the field.... Call me, I have some land in Florida that I want to sell you.

It is now and always has been about the money!!!!!

FCS Preview
November 19th, 2007, 08:46 AM
My rant is going to be different. Fordham is the winner of the Patriot league but I am not sure they should be rated in the top 25. Sounds to me that instead of giving them a home game the NCAA should revisit the AQs and either give one to every conference (if you want to be absolutely fair to all conferences) or determine a way to prove that a conference still deserves the AQ (to be fair to other at large possibilities) xeyebrowx

But a conference like the Patriot League can be up one year, down the next. Lehigh was a Top 10 school for several seasons. Fordham beat CAA-member Rhode Island, then lost to Albany and Dayton by a combined 10 points.

I'd rather see the playoffs expand to 24 teams and give more conferences an AQ if they meet the minimum requirements than have the NCAA re-evaluate conferences that already get an AQ.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 09:07 AM

The "champion" of the CAA hasn't even played everyone in their conference. xlolx And lost to URI, fer cryin' out loud. In '05 SIU was conference champ, 10-1, and rewarded with a road game at UD. Since both "cruddy" Gateway teams are on your side of the bracket you should have a cakewalk to Chattanooga, n'est-ce que pas?

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 09:14 AM

How about coming from 20 pts. down in the 4th qtr. against their FBS opponent? And please don't start flapping your gums about Boston College, they've been exposed for the paper tiger they are.xrolleyesx

OL FU
November 19th, 2007, 09:15 AM
But a conference like the Patriot League can be up one year, down the next. Lehigh was a Top 10 school for several seasons. Fordham beat CAA-member Rhode Island, then lost to Albany and Dayton by a combined 10 points.

I'd rather see the playoffs expand to 24 teams and give more conferences an AQ if they meet the minimum requirements than have the NCAA re-evaluate conferences that already get an AQ.

No doubt about it, but this is two years in a row they have been down.
and if you read my post I said either expand the AQs or measure them annually.

And my preference is to expand the number of AQs. But until that is done the AQs need to be looked at. I am not sure the NEC qualifies, but I think Albany might have a better argument than Fordham, but Fordham has the AQxeyebrowx

FCS Preview
November 19th, 2007, 09:23 AM
No doubt about it, but this is two years in a row they have been down.
and if you read my post I said either expand the AQs or measure them annually.

Yes...and I agree with you in expanding the AQ's...which would require expanding the playoffs to 24 teams.

DSUHornet
November 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM

how do you think we feel??? xsmhx

McNeese_beat
November 19th, 2007, 09:53 AM

Cruddy? Cruddy is the non-conference schedules of the CAA members like UMass. If you played the Dakota schools out of conference like many members of the Gateway did, there's a good chance you'd be 7-4 and complaining about how the committee overlooked you.

McNeese_beat
November 19th, 2007, 09:54 AM
how do you think we feel??? xsmhx

Y'all can probably get 5-10k of your fans to the game though. How much of a ticket allotment are y'all going to get?

DSUrocks07
November 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Y'all can probably get 5-10k of your fans to the game though. How much of a ticket allotment are y'all going to get?

We're only getting 1,990 tickets from the NCAA $25 each xconfusedx ... looks like I'm gonna be buying my tickets at the door on Friday xthumbsupx

Jaxhen
November 19th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Cruddy? Cruddy is the non-conference schedules of the CAA members like UMass. If you played the Dakota schools out of conference like many members of the Gateway did, there's a good chance you'd be 7-4 and complaining about how the committee overlooked you.

Oh, you mean cruddy teams like Boston College, Navy, Maryland, North Carolina, Marshall, Northwestern, Furman, Vanderbilt, etc.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM

The Gateway as a conference has been rated either #2 or #3 in the GPI all season. That hardly qualifies as "cruddy".

Griz0383
November 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Last year Montana sent the NCAA over a million which is a golden egg! this is a result of ticket sales and since the NCAA pays the travell expenses that is big time and it makes it easier for them to match teams up when one team produces money the other does not! IMHO

McNeese_beat
November 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Oh, you mean cruddy teams like Boston College, Navy, Maryland, North Carolina, Marshall, Northwestern, Furman, Vanderbilt, etc.

Everybody plays money games. Name one out of conference game by your members against ranked FCS teams...I think Rhode Island may have played somebody half decent (maybe a Southern Conference team) and Hofstra played Furman...but that is it.

blukeys
November 19th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Everybody plays money games. Name one out of conference game by your members against ranked FCS teams...I think Rhode Island may have played somebody half decent (maybe a Southern Conference team) and Hofstra played Furman...but that is it.

CAA teams meet their quota of ranked FCS teams by playing in conference. That is why you don't see teams going undefeated in conference in the CAA. The conference schedule is brutal with tough games every week.

Tough OOC games are only necessary if one plays in a weak conference that can only get their AQ in the playoffs but in the CAA a team will see 5 ranked teams in an 8 game schedule. By the way how many ranked teams did McNeese play this season??? In conference and out of Conference????????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

FCS Preview
November 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM

JMU also played Coastal Carolina. Not a ranked team this year, but in 2006 was an at-large playoff selection.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM
The "champion" of the CAA hasn't even played everyone in their conference. xlolx And lost to URI, fer cryin' out loud. In '05 SIU was conference champ, 10-1, and rewarded with a road game at UD. Since both "cruddy" Gateway teams are on your side of the bracket you should have a cakewalk to Chattanooga, n'est-ce que pas?

As a French major, I gotta point this out to you...if you were trying to say "isn't that right?" you would really just say "n'est pas?" It's often used at the end of sentences in much the same manner. "est" is the conjugated form or ętre, which is "to be" so to say "n'est pas" is "to not be" or colloquially, it's like saying, "Since both "cruddy" Gateway teams are on your side of the bracket, you should have a cakewalk to Chattanooga, right?"

I see your point but thought I'd step in and say arretez! Ce n'est pas correct.

Saint3333
November 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Why aren't the conference champions from the SoCon, MEAC, Big Sky, etc. seeded higher than the 3rd and 4th place teams from the ACC and SEC in the NCAA basketball tournament? Because they are the better teams with the better resumes. Does anyone here really think that DSU and Fordham deserve a home game over SIU and Delaware (the only two home teams not to win or share the championship for their respective conference). I certainly do not.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
As a French major, I gotta point this out to you...if you were trying to say "isn't that right?" you would really just say "n'est pas?" It's often used at the end of sentences in much the same manner. "est" is the conjugated form or ętre, which is "to be" so to say "n'est pas" is "to not be" or colloquially, it's like saying, "Since both "cruddy" Gateway teams are on your side of the bracket, you should have a cakewalk to Chattanooga, right?"

I see your point but thought I'd step in and say arretez! Ce n'est pas correct.

Merci, monsieur. It's been 40 years.

TheValleyRaider
November 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Merci, monsieur. It's been 40 years.

I'm pretty sure Purple For Life isn't a "monsieur" xlolx :)

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Purple For Life isn't a "monsieur" xlolx :)

xconfusedx How can you tell? (sorry about that PFL).

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Why aren't the conference champions from the SoCon, MEAC, Big Sky, etc. seeded higher than the 3rd and 4th place teams from the ACC and SEC in the NCAA basketball tournament? Because they are the better teams with the better resumes. Does anyone here really think that DSU and Fordham deserve a home game over SIU and Delaware (the only two home teams not to win or share the championship for their respective conference). I certainly do not.

Yes, DSU and Fordham won their Conference, Delaware and SIU did not.

crunifan
November 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Maybe Quincy could actually beat Rhode Island...

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
On the positive side, while the process does result in conference champions not getting a home game (and not even getting into the idea that not all conferences are created equal) the good thing about the process is that is by far the most fan friendly process there is - if you have a lot of fans and they historically show up in large numbers, you get home games. The NCAA does it because it's the only way to stem the red ink that the FCS playoffs would otherwise bleed significantly (home games at Fordham and DSU or similar schools every year could kill some athletic programs), but it also rewards fanbases that consistently show up in large numbers. Under the current system, it maximizes the number of fans who will actually be able to go to and see the games. There are obviously arguments against it, but when it's the best option for the most fans it can't be all bad!!!! xthumbsupx

Saint3333
November 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Yes, DSU and Fordham won their Conference, Delaware and SIU did not.

If that's all you have to debate upon you argument is doomed. So when Davidson wins the SoCon in basketball do you think they'll get a higher seed than Duke (or the second place team) from the ACC?

Look at the SOS, quality wins, it isn't that hard to understand.

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
If that's all you have to debate upon you argument is doomed. So when Davidson wins the SoCon in basketball do you think they'll get a higher seed than Duke (or the second place team) from the ACC?

Look at the SOS, quality wins, it isn't that hard to understand.

I don't know when we went from football to basketball, but lets see if I can get you back on track. In the FCS we have 8 Auto-bids (Winning your Conference), those teams should host home games, the 8 At-Large bids should have to play on the road. If You win your conference you should be re-wardered for it not penalized. If your an At-large team you should have to play on the road, it's just that simple.

FCS Preview
November 19th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I don't know when we went from football to basketball, but lets see if I can get you back on track. In the FCS we have 8 Auto-bids (Winning your Conference), those teams should host home games, the 8 At-Large bids should have to play on the road. If You win your conference you should be re-wardered for it not penalized. If your an At-large team you should have to play on the road, it's just that simple.

So Richmond should be penalized for losing a coin flip?

DetroitFlyer
November 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Short answer: Yes.

RabidRabbit
November 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Cruddy? Cruddy is the non-conference schedules of the CAA members like UMass. If you played the Dakota schools out of conference like many members of the Gateway and Southland xbowx did, there's a good chance you'd be 7-4 and complaining about how the committee overlooked you.

Fixed it for ya MB! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hope you guys show that the best of the Southland is champion quality. xthumbsupx

Saint3333
November 19th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I'm showing you an example of a similar tournament, which the entrants are selected in a similar manner, you seriously can't see the correlation between the two?

Fine let's talk just about football:

SIU - 10-1, quality wins - NIU (FBS), YSU, WIU
Delaware - 8-3, quality wins - Navy (FBS), JMU
DSU - 10-1, quality win - Norfolk St.
Fordham - 8-3, quality win - Holy Cross (maybe a QW)

I doubt the committee had to think long and hard about this.

Besides you know the rules if either DSU or Fordham put in the higher bid they would have received the home game, they didn't.

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 12:10 PM

You are rewarded by making the playoffs - that's a pretty big reward considering that 100 some teams didn't even make the playoffs. After that, you have to consider that not all conferences are created equal. Based on their body of work, Fordham just doesn't deserve to have a home game simply because they were the best of a rather poor collection of teams this year. Now that is simple.

BigApp
November 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM

could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to teams like West Chester, Monmouth (2x), Stony Brook (3x-they should just join your conference), VMI (2x), Dartmouth, Iona, Brown, Bucknell, Morgan State.

xreadx

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Their was a lot more taken into consideration before the coin flip. But to answer your question, Yes Richmond plays on the road.

Barnstormer
November 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
The basketball example is 100% valid.

There are tons of AQ's to get into the NCAA field of 64, but those from lesser conferences don't get seed'ed above at-large teams from the big conferences just because they are AQ's.

Same applies to football.

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
You are rewarded by making the playoffs - that's a pretty big reward considering that 100 some teams didn't even make the playoffs. After that, you have to consider that not all conferences are created equal. Based on their body of work, Fordham just doesn't deserve to have a home game simply because they were the best of a rather poor collection of teams this year. Now that is simple.

No, YOU SHOULD BE rewarded for winning your Conference and hosting a home, NOT coming in third in your Conference and hosting a home game xrolleyesx .

nwFL Griz
November 19th, 2007, 02:22 PM
No, YOU SHOULD BE rewarded for winning your Conference and hosting a home, NOT coming in third in your Conference and hosting a home game xrolleyesx .

Boy, the more I read, the more I think saint0917 is like 10 years old. The point everyone is trying to make is this....NOT ALL CONFERENCES ARE EQUAL!!!

Your reward for winning your conference is entrance to the playoffs. Home games are determined as they should be, by seed and then by bid.

So Fordham won the mighty Patriot, consider this....what if Fordham was in the CAA? They wouldn't have even made the playoffs, same for DSU. Sorry, but that is reality.

McNeese_beat
November 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Fixed it for ya MB! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hope you guys show that the best of the Southland is champion quality. xthumbsupx

Ha! Hey, keep sending Southern Utah and Cal Poly, and the Southland will even that record up in a hurry. Plus, South Dakota is joining the Great West, so the SLC will petition to have McNeese's win over them added to the Southland vs. Great West records, ;)

Jaxhen
November 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to teams like West Chester, Monmouth (2x), Stony Brook (3x-they should just join your conference), VMI (2x), Dartmouth, Iona, Brown, Bucknell, Morgan State.

xreadx

or perhaps Lenoir Rhyne, West Georgia, Gardner Webb (2x), Charleston Southern (2x), Webber, VMI, Presbyterian (2x), Carson-Newman, WV Wesleyan, Stony Brook, Georgetown (KY).

BigApp
November 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
or perhaps Lenoir Rhyne, West Georgia, Gardner Webb (2x), Charleston Southern (2x), Webber, VMI, Presbyterian (2x), Carson-Newman, WV Wesleyan, Stony Brook, Georgetown (KY).

mmmm...I could be wrong but I do believe those are all scholarship programs (though not all DI). Could be wrong though...xcoolx

RationalGriz
November 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
It is all about the Benjamins. Is it the right way? No

Ronin
November 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM

So with 5 teams in one would expect a CAA team to be in Chatty?

Looks like the committee went by record this year, not SOS.

IF they did go by SOS UMass would still not be seeded and SIU would.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Their was a lot more taken into consideration before the coin flip. But to answer your question, Yes Richmond plays on the road.

Really? Unless the head-to-head was a tie game, why go any further?

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
No, YOU SHOULD BE rewarded for winning your Conference and hosting a home, NOT coming in third in your Conference and hosting a home game
Unfortunately for everyone who doesn't have the fan support, that's not how it works. xcoffeex

Jaxhen
November 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM
mmmm...I could be wrong but I do believe those are all scholarship programs (though not all DI). Could be wrong though...xcoolx

What in the heck is your point? The point I'm trying to make is that the CAA plays no more OOC cupcakes than any other conference.

UMass922
November 19th, 2007, 05:40 PM

There are two champions of the CAA, and the only one that had a strong case for a seed, IMHO, was Richmond. But it was close between them, SIU, and ASU, and whichever one got it would be deserving. Just happens to have been SIU. I have no problem with it.

As for UMass, we've won playoff games on the road before, and we can win playoff games on the road again. But first we have to beat Fordham at home. No gimme.

And don't call the Gateway "cruddy." That is "utter ****e."

furman94
November 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM
IMO, It isnt fair for Woffy to go to MONTANA OF ALL PLACES!?, and for App to host JMU in the friendly confines of the rock. Woffy beat them head to head. I understand the money issue, but I am confident that the Woffy faithful would go to cheer on their team, heck even I'd go to cheer em on!

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Boy, the more I read, the more I think saint0917 is like 10 years old. The point everyone is trying to make is this....NOT ALL CONFERENCES ARE EQUAL!!!

No kidding?? Ya think?? "Not all conferences are equal!!!" When did you get your first clue Dick Tracy, what are you 5?

saint0917
November 19th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately for everyone who doesn't have the fan support, that's not how it works. xcoffeex

I know that's not how it works, but that's how it should work. If Delaware won the CAA and Montana was an At-Large Bid, would you be happy about going to Montana because they draw a bigger crowd?? If I were a Hen fan I would be pi$$ed.

Saint3333
November 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
IMO, It isnt fair for Woffy to go to MONTANA OF ALL PLACES!?, and for App to host JMU in the friendly confines of the rock. Woffy beat them head to head. I understand the money issue, but I am confident that the Woffy faithful would go to cheer on their team, heck even I'd go to cheer em on!

This is the second post I've heard that WC deserves a home game over ASU. xnonono2x

ASU is 9-2 while WC is 8-3. Both have two conference losses, the difference is ASU beat Michigan while WC lost to NCSU. ASU was likely the 5th place team if seeds went that high. Let's look at the complete resume for the year not one gamexreadx.

nwFL Griz
November 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
No kidding?? Ya think?? "Not all conferences are equal!!!" When did you get your first clue Dick Tracy, what are you 5?

Well, it was obviously clear you don't believe all conferences are not equal as evidenced by your insistence that conference champs should receive home games. Which is why I made the 10-yr old comment, because your stubbornness to accept that the reward for winning a conference is entrance to the playoffs is consistent with the attitude of a young person.

Ronin
November 20th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Using the GPI on College Sporting News. Hope I eliminated all who did not have 7 wins.

UNI (1)
Fordham

James Madison
Delaware

Mass (4)
EWU

Montana
Wofford

McNeese (2)
Holy Cross

ASU
EKU

SIU (3)
Del St.

Richmond
NH

Houndawg
November 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Using the GPI on College Sporting News. Hope I eliminated all who did not have 7 wins.

UNI (1)
Fordham

James Madison
Delaware

Mass (4)
EWU

Montana
Wofford

McNeese (2)
Holy Cross

ASU
EKU

SIU (3)
Del St.

Richmond
NH

Oh, if only.....

danefan
November 20th, 2007, 06:46 PM

UNI (1)
Fordham

James Madison
Delaware

Mass (4)
EWU

Montana
Wofford

McNeese (2)
Villanova

ASU
EKU

SIU (3)
Del St.

Richmond
NH

Fixed it.
'Nova would be in before Holy Cross.

charliej
November 20th, 2007, 06:53 PM
...... Let's look at the complete resume for the year not one gamexreadx.

Wish someone had said this to the selection committee.xnodx

FCS Go!
November 20th, 2007, 07:40 PM
This is the second post I've heard that WC deserves a home game over ASU. xnonono2x

ASU is 9-2 while WC is 8-3. Both have two conference losses, the difference is ASU beat Michigan while WC lost to NCSU. ASU was likely the 5th place team if seeds went that high. Let's look at the complete resume for the year not one gamexreadx.

Maybe he is saying that Wofford should be going to App St and JMU should be heading west?