PDA

View Full Version : The committee is clueless...

SuperEagle
November 18th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I just don't understand what in the world they are trying to do. Seems like every year they talk out of both sides of their mouth.
Case in point. Just 2 short years ago GSU finished on a 4 game winning streak including beating the #1 team in the nation. We finished the year 8-3 but had to travel on the road in round 1. Why? The committee said they did not want ANY conference hosting 3 first round home games. They thought it was unfair. I really can't dispute that logic even though I thought we deserved a first round game.
Now with the umass guy leading the way, guess what? The rules have changed. What we were told wouldn't happen 2 short years ago has now changed. The CAA is getting 3 home games. Why? How did this dramatically change. Seems to me that the rules only change when they apply to SOCON teams. Does he have some type of animosity toward the SOCON. I don't get it. Seems like every year we have to fight for respect like we're the Pioneer league or something.
Can they not get a list or rules and STICK to it even if it doesn't benefit their conference. Would that be so hard for them? Get a list of rules, set them in stone, then no one can complain. But don't look 2 faced when you tell one conference something and then don't apply it to another conference. That's crap.

Killtoppers90
November 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
The committee always screws someone. It happens every year and shouldn't be a big shock to anyone. These are the same people that would screw up the BCS too if they had a crack at that one. Not that the BCS needs help in that area!

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I just don't understand what in the world they are trying to do. Seems like every year they talk out of both sides of their mouth.
Case in point. Just 2 short years ago GSU finished on a 4 game winning streak including beating the #1 team in the nation. We finished the year 8-3 but had to travel on the road in round 1. Why? The committee said they did not want ANY conference hosting 3 first round home games. They thought it was unfair. I really can't dispute that logic even though I thought we deserved a first round game.
Now with the umass guy leading the way, guess what? The rules have changed. What we were told wouldn't happen 2 short years ago has now changed. The CAA is getting 3 home games. Why? How did this dramatically change. Seems to make like the rules only change when they apply to SOCON teams. Does he have some type of animosity toward the SOCON. I don't get it. Seems like every year we have to fight for respect like we're the Pioneer league or something.
Can they not get a list or rules and STICK to it even if it doesn't benefit their conference. Would that be so hard for them? Get a list of rules, set them in stone, then no one can complain. But don't look 2 faced when you tell one conference something and then don't apply it to another conference. That's crap.

The CAA is getting 3 home games out of 5. Do you disagree that Delaware will get more fans and is more deserving of a home game than DSU? JMU is traveling to ASU I would argue that reverse should be true. Are you saying EKU should be hosting over Richmond? By what criteria?

Umass is the CAA autobid. Tell me How Fordham deserves the home game over UMass. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Can you get over the fact that GSU was not selected? Tha seems to be what your rant is about. xnodx xnodx xnodx

SuperJon
November 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Times change. People change. The best adapt and change as well.

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
the committee is terrible and basically all they do is messed up so they screwed you two years ago it is time to move on and realize they must have screwed someone else this year bc they do it every year

charliej
November 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM
The committee always screws someone. It happens every year and shouldn't be a big shock to anyone. These are the same people that would screw up the BCS too if they had a crack at that one. Not that the BCS needs help in that area!

This is true. I'm just pissed off that it happend to us this year.:D

Appstate29
November 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
The CAA is getting 3 home games out of 5. Do you disagree that Delaware will get more fans and is more deserving of a home game than DSU? JMU is traveling to ASU I would argue that reverse should be true. Are you saying EKU should be hosting over Richmond? By what criteria?

Umass is the CAA autobid. Tell me How Fordham deserves the home game over UMass. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Can you get over the fact that GSU was not selected? Tha seems to be what your rant is about. xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'm curious to your reasoning of how a 9-2 team should travel to an 8-3 team? Oh and that 9-2 team leads the nation in attendance.

Mountain Man 2020
November 18th, 2007, 09:23 PM

So are you saying ASU should be traveling TO JMU in the first round? xconfusedx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Record, attendance, conference, etc are thrown out the window. All that matters is your bid. $$$$

Killtoppers90
November 18th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Record, attendance, conference, etc are thrown out the window. All that matters is your bid. $$$$
Well DUH! It's the NCAA where it is all about the $$$$ not about the sports.

SuperEagle
November 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM

disagree. If the committee says they don't want a conference hosting 3 home games, then they go back on that, what does it say about them?
Why would it be so hard for them to put out a list, follow their own said rules so there would be no discussion about it? No gray area so to speak. Would that not be fair?
Sure I was bothered by what happened 2 years ago. But I took the committee's word and thought that was their rule, let's abide by it. Now it's obvious that's not their rule at all if it doesn't fit their agenda. That's not right.
And to answer your question, no the committee didn't have to give the CAA 3 home games. Heck, someone could have gotten sent to Montana or another location if they wanted to follow what they said was their rules.
It just seems like we're left in the dark about everything and yes, I'll admit again it seems like they do have something against the SOCON. The CAA gets 3 home games, the SOCON only gets 1.

Khan4Cats
November 18th, 2007, 09:31 PM
In terms of the hosting, if the bids are open, then it is out of their hands as to who hosts.

The beef I have with the committee is that they made it possible for only the CAA to have an all-conference championship. (Okay the Ohio Valley could as well, but they would actually have to win a playoff game first).

As for the Southern, Gateway, and Big Sky.... well they each got two teams in the field and placed in the same half of the bracket. Guess we should all be grateful that Eastern Illinois was not bumped out by Villanova.

SuperEagle
November 18th, 2007, 09:34 PM
In terms of the hosting, if the bids are open, then it is out of their hands as to who hosts.

The beef I have with the committee is that they made it possible for only the CAA to have an all-conference championship. (Okay the Ohio Valley could as well, but they would actually have to win a playoff game first).

As for the Southern, Gateway, and Big Sky.... well they each got two teams in the field and placed in the same half of the bracket. Guess we should all be grateful that Eastern Illinois was not bumped out by Villanova.
That's not what we were told in Statesboro. We were told that 3 SOCON teams would not host regardless of our bid as they would not let 3 teams from any conference host a first round game.

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
That's not what we were told in Statesboro. We were told that 3 SOCON teams would not host regardless of our bid as they would not let 3 teams from any conference host a first round game.

And the CAA was told that JMU was sent on the road because too many CAA teams had home games in 2004.

Are you so dense to figure out that if the SoCon got 3 teams that the NCAA would not GIVE ALL OF THEM HOME GAMES. JMU was sent to Lehigh in 2004 due to NCAA considerations about Home games. Do you really think that 3 out of 5 CAA teams getting a home game is a stretch???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Let's be real if the So Con got 3 teams in the playoffs then 3 home games for those teams would be a travesty.

If you don't see the difference with 3 CAA teams out of 5 getting a home game then I am convinced that a GSU education is not worth the paper it is printed on. xnodx xnodx

SuperEagle
November 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
And the CAA was told that JMU was sent on the road because too many CAA teams had home games in 2004.

Are you so dense to figure out that if the SoCon got 3 teams that the NCAA would not GIVE ALL OF THEM HOME GAMES. JMU was sent to Lehigh in 2004 due to NCAA considerations about Home games. Do you really think that 3 out of 5 CAA teams getting a home game is a stretch???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Let's be real if the So Con got 3 teams in the playoffs then 3 home games for those teams would be a travesty.

If you don't see the difference with 3 CAA teams out of 5 getting a home game then I am convinced that a GSU education is not worth the paper it is printed on. xnodx xnodx
Thanks for making fun of my education. Very classy. What does that have to do with anything and why would that even come up? Well, I am not going to get into that. No need to belittle a fellow poster regardless of what they said to me. Anway, the committee said 3 teams from a conference would not get a home game. They didn't say it depended upon how many teams got in from that conference. They said 3 teams from conferences would not get home games. Made it pretty clear. If they put a "catch" in that they should tell us. Are you opposed to them giving us some clear guidelines? Why? That's all I ask. Doesn't seem to difficult to me.

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for making fun of my education. Very classy. What does that have to do with anything and why would that even come up? Well, I am not going to get into that. No need to belittle a fellow poster regardless of what they said to me. Anway, the committee said 3 teams from a conference would not get a home game. They didn't say it depended upon how many teams got in from that conference. They said 3 teams from conferences would not get home games. Made it pretty clear. If they put a "catch" in that they should tell us. Are you opposed to them giving us some clear guidelines? Why? That's all I ask. Doesn't seem to difficult to me.

First off, if the SoCon got 5 bids would you be rasing this same argument???????xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Second there is no NCAA rule that forbids 3 teams from one conference getting home games. If you know of such a rule please cite it.

By the way one obscure quote from a committe member does not constitute a rule. I learned this in college. Too bad You didn't!!!xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
The beef I have with the committee is that they made it possible for only the CAA to have an all-conference championship.

Exactly.

flyenhigh
November 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Well DUH! It's the NCAA where it is all about the $$$$ not about the sports.

Not one team in 1AA is making the school money. Not one.

UDChE89
November 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM

Are you talking overall or just the football team because you'd better do your research first.... UD's football team is profitable and funds the rest of the athletic department.

Appstate29
November 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM

sorry to prove you wrong again, but there are quite a few FCS teams that make money off the football team. Now, most of that money is quased funding other sports that DO lose money.

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 10:34 PM
sorry to prove you wrong again, but there are quite a few FCS teams that make money off the football team. Now, most of that money is quased funding other sports that DO lose money.

Delaware makes about 1 million a year off of football alone. This does not include endorsement deals for t-shirts, hats, sweats etc., etc, or any other promotional items.

You are quite right in that the money seems to be squandered on non revenue sports but UD gets tons of money from the football program.

ekufbfan
November 18th, 2007, 10:35 PM
disagree. If the committee says they don't want a conference hosting 3 home games, then they go back on that, what does it say about them?
Why would it be so hard for them to put out a list, follow their own said rules so there would be no discussion about it? No gray area so to speak. Would that not be fair?
Sure I was bothered by what happened 2 years ago. But I took the committee's word and thought that was their rule, let's abide by it. Now it's obvious that's not their rule at all if it doesn't fit their agenda. That's not right.
And to answer your question, no the committee didn't have to give the CAA 3 home games. Heck, someone could have gotten sent to Montana or another location if they wanted to follow what they said was their rules.
It just seems like we're left in the dark about everything and yes, I'll admit again it seems like they do have something against the SOCON. The CAA gets 3 home games, the SOCON only gets 1.

And the OVC gets zero! And I might add we were the conference champ with a record of 9-2. I know the argument that's coming regarding the OVC for the past ten years, but according to the 11 o'clock Lexington TV news tonight, our 19 appearances in the playoffs is an NCAA record. Doesn't count for anything obviously, but I think the point that supereagle makes is the criteria changes every year to suit whoever is calling the shots....

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 10:36 PM

Actually you did kinda belittle him. Carry on.....

TheValleyRaider
November 18th, 2007, 10:46 PM
First, the committee changes every couple of years, and the group that decided not to have 3 SoCon hosts in 2005 did not decide to suddenly give 3 CAA teams home games in 2007

Second, as already pointed out, that would have been 3 of 3 SoCon teams getting home games vs. 3 of 5 CAA teams this year. Yeah, that's a bit different

Third, Georgia Southern got sent to Texas State who was, surprise, a seed. No amount of money will get you a home game vs. a seed if the seed wants it. ASU was seeded and Furman was slotted against Nicholls. SoCon vs. SLC was the order of the day that season

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM
And the OVC gets zero! And I might add we were the conference champ with a record of 9-2. I know the argument that's coming regarding the OVC for the past ten years, but according to the 11 o'clock Lexington TV news tonight, our 9 appearances in the playoffs is an NCAA record. Doesn't count for anything obviously, but I think the point that supereagle makes is the criteria changes every year to suit whoever is calling the shots....

No, when your conference does not win a single playoff game in the 21st century then you don't deserve any respect. Beat the Gateway or CAA team that considers you a first round bye and then talk later. When most of your playoff appearances occurred before 1990 what is your gripe??

You are fourtunate your conference has an AQ. The CAA and the SoCon have the last 4 NC Titles. How many playoff games has the OVC won in this same time frame?????

Purple Knight
November 18th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I'm just surprised there is not a 6th caa team selected. They have their heads up the caa's a**.

ekufbfan
November 18th, 2007, 10:54 PM
No, when your conference does not win a single playoff game in the 21st century then you don't deserve any respect. Beat the Gateway or CAA team that considers you a first round bye and then talk later. When most of your playoff appearances occurred before 1990 what is your gripe??

You are fourtunate your conference has an AQ. The CAA and the SoCon have the last 4 NC Titles. How many playoff games has the OVC won in this same time frame?????

Boy, you have SERIOUS anger problem!xnonox I haven't had a lecture like this since I had my hand paddled with a ruler in the second grade by the meanest teacher in the elementary school!
I really don't get the anger bit from you, take a look at my post, I did not say a thing about respect or lack of, I know what the OVC is/has been. But if I have been reading correctly, the home games are NOT based on the kind of record your conference has in the last year or last 10. Get a grip!
BTW, I am not going to get into a p$$$$$ contest with you, but all of our playoff appearances were not before 1990, which has nothing to do with this argument anyway.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Exactly.

You Said it brother I Knew they would pull this BS again and started posting about for the last month. What is so hard about placing the the top 2 teams from a multible bid conf in opposite brackets?? xmadx

Well let's see if it became an all BSC or Socon final it would shake the CAA to it's NE biased core. "We can't have that" Committee Chair.

matfu
November 18th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Now with the umass guy leading the way, guess what? The rules have changed. What we were told wouldn't happen 2 short years ago has now changed. The CAA is getting 3 home games. Why? How did this dramatically change. Seems to me that the rules only change when they apply to SOCON teams. Does he have some type of animosity toward the SOCON. I don't get it. Seems like every year we have to fight for respect like we're the Pioneer league or something.

it is true that the committee does seem to have certain arbitrary guidelines and i know you can't write down everything BUT i think he definitely has a point. if more guidelines were written down and followed, most of us would have no problems.

the regionalization all started after 9/11 and i know the ncaa wants to save money, but i think it is a shame that the teams are not seeded
#1-#16. that would be a huge step in getting rid of the biases, arbitrary decisions etc.

WCU_FL_Alum
November 18th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Some programs are making money for the university. You could use the Western Carolina approach and send your boys into two FBS (D1) stadiums a year just for a paycheck so you can fund the rest of the athletic program....HaHaHa!

Wofford got shafted and should have to travel all the way out to MO. Come on....Co-SoCon Champs.....toughest conference in the country!

Best of luck...Wofford and App State!

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 18th, 2007, 11:35 PM

Last time we checked, the NCAA was ALL about making money outside of guaranteeing home games for the 4 top seeds. Home games are result of guarantees made by the top bidding teams--and nothing else matters to the NCAA...

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Well for this year at, least it was not called the NCAA Selection Committee for nothing.xthumbsupx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 18th, 2007, 11:56 PM
The bitching is funny. I only feel Wofford has a right to be pissed. The whole regionalization can be blamed for the impossibility of an all-SoCon or Gateway final. Believe me, I'd rather be playing a team farther from Boone not named Montana, but we'll take it.

I also like how Delaware fans used the arguments that JMU fans cite about being "shafted". When we say it, we're just a bunch of whiners. Yet they use our arguments to counterprove that there was some insane CAA bias or something... just amusing. I love the boards sometimes.

In any event, you can always count on one CAA team not getting a home game! ;)

GreatAppSt
November 19th, 2007, 12:02 AM
What did the Dukes ever do to the CAA to get sent Packing every time they make the Playoffs?xnonono2x

Syntax Error
November 19th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Listen to McCutcheon and Leech explain all the whys of the selections and brackets. I did and it was a lot clearer. Nothing about Villanova though. :(

umassfan
November 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM
People are on here bitching about how they set up a possible CAA final. There are 5 CAA teams in the playoffs. How does that not set up in some way shape or form a CAA final. Hell UNI might have to travel through 3 CAA teams just to get to Chatty.

Syntax Error
November 19th, 2007, 01:16 AM
People are on here bitching about how they set up a possible CAA final. There are 5 CAA teams in the playoffs. How does that not set up in some way shape or form a CAA final. Hell UNI might have to travel through 3 CAA teams just to get to Chatty.or not ;)

Tim James
November 19th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Even though there are 5 CAA teams I think there's a decent chance none of them make the final. They are all decent teams but none of them are great.

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Even though there are 5 CAA teams I think there's a decent chance none of them make the final. They are all decent teams but none of them are great.

You may be right...or you may be wrong. The beauty of our level is that we get to find out who is great, and who is not.

As to the OVC, I think they are fortunate to have two teams in the field. As of last week there were no less than nine CAA teams, six SoCon teams, and five Gateway teams ahead of Eastern Illinois in the GPI. But they, and EKU, have their chance this week to prove OVC doubters wrong.

th0m
November 19th, 2007, 04:39 AM
What did the Dukes ever do to the CAA to get sent Packing every time they make the Playoffs?xnonono2x

Well we always screw up the last games of the season :D

Seriously, I don't think JMU got shafted this year, it's just too bad we're this close to ASU. It could've been worse. They could've sent EKU to ASU, Wofford to Richmond (or the other way around) and us to Montana.

Sam Adams
November 19th, 2007, 06:10 AM
xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xviolinx xviolinx xbawlingx xbawlingx There's more crying, whining and complaining in here than I can take. Are you all PMSing or something ???

Quit griping. We will settle this on the field. Think the CAA is overrated??? Well guess what? we are about to find out aren't we??? Think the committee did a bad job?? Well we'll see about that won't we?

Stop crying, Enjoy your thanksgiving and get ready to rumble !!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

DSUrocks07
November 19th, 2007, 06:33 AM
First off, if the SoCon got 5 bids would you be rasing this same argument???????xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

No, but would you???xeyebrowx

Second there is no NCAA rule that forbids 3 teams from one conference getting home games. If you know of such a rule please cite it.

Talk about dense. His argument was that in 2004 GSU was told by the Selection Committee that they couldn't have a home game because "It Wasn't Fair For A Single Conference To Have Three Home Games", and yet the CAA has five teams in and alas three of them have home games if this wasn't a rule then why was it implied as one. Its okay for a CAA team and not a SoCon?

By the way one obscure quote from a committe member does not constitute a rule. I learned this in college. Too bad You didn't!!!xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

No it doesnt, but if thats the case then said committee member should have reiterated his statements. Then GSU would have to find something else to gripe about xwhistlex

CID1990
November 19th, 2007, 07:37 AM

I agree insomuch as when someone thinks they were screwed, and the committee says, "No, no, you weren't screwed, and HERE is the rule that shows you weren't screwed....", and then two years later the same rule seems to be thrown out the window, that is just plain wrong. It would be better if the committee just came out and said, look, based on what little bit we actually know about the teams involved, the ones we selected were the ones we thought were the best teams in FCS this year.

The selection committee is no different han the idiots who publish the preseason polls. They know little to nothing about any of the teams except for those they are most familiar with, i.e: the ones they went to and the ones in the same conference. Of course there is some homerism on the committee, anyone who would dispute that has their head in the sand.

Ironically enough, usually GSU just has to meet expectations to get in. App State is in the same boat. Your schools generally do not have to go above and beyond to get a bid. GSU did well this year and finished strong, but as most GSU posters are quick to point out, you have those six flags flying in your end zone to remind us all of what your standard is, and you didn't meet it this year.

Wofford has been much stronger than The Citadel for the last ten years, but they still remain in the same boat as us. They have to get the AQ to be assured a spot, because history shows that the small schools in the SoCon will not get much respect from the committee unless they are the hands down second place team. It could be argued that Furman gets more love than they deserve from the pollsters and the committee, but they are no different. It only takes one down year for them lose the respect they once had, and I think next year's preseason polls will bear this out.

I would argue that head to head, the SoCon is stronger than the CAA this year. However, in a head to head contest, the CAA wins by default because they have 12 teams. In many respects, they are two conferences, and have a much better chance of landing more teams in the dance than the SoCon based on numbers alone.

The good news is that ASU and Wofford will have several opportunities to send some of those CAA teams home this year!

ekufbfan
November 19th, 2007, 03:31 PM
As to the OVC, I think they are fortunate to have two teams in the field. As of last week there were no less than nine CAA teams, six SoCon teams, and five Gateway teams ahead of Eastern Illinois in the GPI. But they, and EKU, have their chance this week to prove OVC doubters wrong.

I totally agree that it is PAST time for the OVC to prove itself, but I am pretty sick of hearing about it. Especially from U of Dayton fans, we welcome them ANYTIME to come to Roy Kidd Stadium and IF they can beat us, then they can then tell us how superior they are to the OVC (and EKU), until then, stick with what you know to be a fact! xblahblahx

Anyone can get on here and beat their chest about how good they are (us included, although I have not seen any EKU fans saying that, for the most part we are pretty informed, intelliegent and realistic football fans...we have been to the mountain and we know how far we have fallen!)

GO COLONELS! It is time to continue the climb and THE DRIVE!

DetroitFlyer
November 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I totally agree that it is PAST time for the OVC to prove itself, but I am pretty sick of hearing about it. Especially from U of Dayton fans, we welcome them ANYTIME to come to Roy Kidd Stadium and IF they can beat us, then they can then tell us how superior they are to the OVC (and EKU), until then, stick with what you know to be a fact! xblahblahx

Anyone can get on here and beat their chest about how good they are (us included, although I have not seen any EKU fans saying that, for the most part we are pretty informed, intelliegent and realistic football fans...we have been to the mountain and we know how far we have fallen!)

GO COLONELS! It is time to continue the climb and THE DRIVE!

If you are so confident, come on up to Welcome Stadium and we'll find out...! Better yet, have your AD call up the UD AD and agree to a home/home. And it is not me saying the OVC is weak, I am simply pointing out what others like Sagarin have indicated! Sagarin says the OVC and the PFL are about even! Complain to him!

Ronin
November 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
The "committee" seems to be a poor way of selecting teams. A lot of subjectivity creeps into their decision making.

I'am with the original poster in setting up a set of rules and sticking with it. If the rules are well founded it could easily be determined by a formula and a computer. If you want a "Dark horse" team. Leave one spot open for the committee to put in and have them play the #1 team away.

Since records are easily duplicated three undefeated teams this year for example. Strength of schedule would need to be considered, otherwise every 8-3 team that did not win an automatic qualifier would whine if they weren't in.

Maroons
November 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
If you are so confident, come on up to Welcome Stadium and we'll find out...! Better yet, have your AD call up the UD AD and agree to a home/home. And it is not me saying the OVC is weak, I am simply pointing out what others like Sagarin have indicated! Sagarin says the OVC and the PFL are about even! Complain to him!

We'll answer this question (to some degree) when Morehead comes to EKU next year.

And hey, ekufbfan... shuddup will ya? You know Colonel fan opinions don't mean anything with these people. We don't have any "cred." You don't know what you're talking about because you're not winning in the postseason. xwhistlex

Sam Adams
November 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Using a computer seems really stupid to me. Better to let the committee evaluate the teams and make decisions. Football isn't simply about putting a bunch of stats into a program and spitting out the 16 stistically most qualified teams.

CopperCat
November 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM

I don't see that as being the issue at all. I wondered the same thing when I looked at the brackets Sunday afternoon. When one team bids for a larger attendance figure than the other, isn't that what matters? The NCAA is looking to make money and thus they will give the home games to those who can bring the most in.