PDA

View Full Version : east of the Mississippi...

JTCowboy
November 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
bias. Seems like everybody east of the Miss River thinks McNeese and Montana are overated and will probably have the best shot of getting beat.xrolleyesx

Is that east coast media bias contagious>xsmiley_wix

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
bias. Seems like everybody east of the Miss River thinks McNeese and Montana are overated and will probably have the best shot of getting beat.xrolleyesx

It has something to do with the Kool-Aid. ;)

tdoggs22
November 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
i would say the bias comments occur because the east is much more densely populated, and thus everyone knows of one another. Teams are interested with those in their area. The opinions are, as you say, bias, but the polls have stood in your favor, as has the selection committee. It just sux we were chosen to make the trip to Missoula in the first round after a conference title. Wish we could have gotten a lower ranked opponent!

RadMann
November 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
There are many more teams, players, conferences, etc. in the east. If the balance were the other way, you'd see the same thing in reverse...

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:28 PM

They just don't read the names of teams you play in their newspapers. That's why they keep asking "Who have you played?"
xlolx

JTCowboy
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
i would say the bias comments occur because the east is much more densely populated, and thus everyone knows of one another. Teams are interested with those in their area. The opinions are, as you say, bias, but the polls have stood in your favor, as has the selection committee. It just sux we were chosen to make the trip to Missoula in the first round after a conference title. Wish we could have gotten a lower ranked opponent!

If I was a Wofford fan i would be xmadx

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
UNI is west of the mississippi river and they get all our respect!

grizband
November 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
There are many more teams, players, conferences, etc. in the east. If the balance were the other way, you'd see the same thing in reverse...
Only 4 of this year's teams come from West of the Mississippi:
Eastern Washington
Montana
Northern Iowa
McNeese State

Unfortunately, with the concentration of FCS teams located east of the Mississippi, it is difficult to pay attention to every team out west.

Killtoppers90
November 18th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Honestly, I loved it better when McNeese is FAVORED anyway! But 2002 was a very good year for surprises!

JTCowboy
November 18th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Honestly, I loved it better when McNeese is FAVORED anyway! But 2002 was a very good year for surprises!

Yea we would have been alot better off if we had not beaten you guys so bad during the year. Yall won the game that counted.

After that game I swore I would never drive to nooga again. Well its another year and I hope I have to eat my words.

JayJ79
November 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Only 4 of this year's teams come from West of the Mississippi:
Eastern Washington
Montana
Northern Iowa
McNeese State

Unfortunately, with the concentration of FCS teams located east of the Mississippi, it is difficult to pay attention to every team out west.

And Southern Illinois is only about 15 miles east of the Mississippi.
I find that pretty cool how all 4 teams come from "out west" (at least in the minds of all the East Coasters).

KiddBrewer
November 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I pick Montana and McNeese State to lose because they are in App's road.....NOW THATS A BIAS!:) xrotatehx xrulesx xoopsx xnodx