PDA

View Full Version : Championship Game Home Field Advantage?

Jerbearasu
November 18th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I know they decide which side of the bracket gets home field advantage in Chattanooga. That is why App was the away team 2 years in a row (once when they were the #2 seed and once when they were #1)... Does anyone know at this point which side of the bracket will get the home side?

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I know they decide which side of the bracket gets home field advantage in Chattanooga. That is why App was the away team 2 years in a row (once when they were the #2 seed and once when they were #1)... Does anyone know at this point which side of the bracket will get the home side?

Jumping the gun here a little aren't we?? xrolleyesx

APPST '93
November 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM

ASU will always be on the Visitors side because of the crowd. The TV cameras face the Visitors side...

EmeryZach
November 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but the home side gets the nice seats and not just bleachers. That was nice on my back last year.

APPST '93
November 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but the home side gets the nice seats and not just bleachers. That was nice on my back last year.

and you also got the Home jerseys...

The highest seed should get to pick what they want wear. xtwocentsx

bcrawf
November 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Really don't know why jersey color is a big deal??

APPST '93
November 18th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Really don't know why jersey color is a big deal??

I just think our black jerseys look better.

I'd say 99% of the teams would pick their home (colored) jerseys.

ERASU2113
November 18th, 2007, 05:45 PM
they choose who'll be the away team on a coin flip...Not sure if it's early in the playoffs or before Chatty

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I think we'd pick our away jerseys.

AppGirl
November 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I just think our black jerseys look better.

I'd say 99% of the teams would pick their home (colored) jerseys.

I'd vote for the away jerseys in Chatty this year. It's worked the last two years. xthumbsupx That's what the team is used to wearing on that field.

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 08:47 PM

we stood on our side the whole time so a back to the bleacher would not have even mattered!

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'd vote for the away jerseys in Chatty this year. It's worked the last two years. xthumbsupx That's what the team is used to wearing on that field.

Our team had their team pictures taken in their away jersesys this year since we were on the road 6 out of 11 games.

Appaholic
November 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I'm more concerned with JMU than jersey color at this time....

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM
we stood on our side the whole time so a back to the bleacher would not have even mattered!

Sitting is for timeouts and halftime. :D

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM

that's no fun.

OhioHen
November 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
ASU will always be on the Visitors side because of the crowd. The TV cameras face the Visitors side...

In 2003, Delaware was designated the home team based on the bracket. The Hens wore their home jerseys but occupied the visitors side of the stadium for exactly this reason. The assignment was changed AFTER I had purchased tickets - the ticket office called me and offered to let me change my purchase in order to sit on the Delaware side. Of course, I did so and sat on bleachers with the Blue and Gold faithful rather than in a comfy chair with a bunch of empty seats!!!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 19th, 2007, 09:25 AM

JMU fans are concerned less about jerseys and more about pants. Yes, the purple pants we wore throughout the 2004 playoffs. For whatever reason, the players the last two years have been wearing white on white for away games. Hasn't worked very well. Here's to hoping for our 2004 Purple Pants! xthumbsupx

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/81289462_f268e6a905_m.jpg

appstate38
November 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM

That is the answer I got last year from the ASU AD. But aren't we jumping the gun just a little bit. This should be a discussion we have in about a month, provided we navigate through this field.

ccharlie
November 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Chattanooga Finley Stadium Davenport Field. We have seen them all at Finley. Last year was a fine game ... UMass band was great! Always enjoy Montana folks. JMU fans were great too. Appy fans know why they are there - to take care of business. Ga. Southern packed the place, but can't seem to make it back. W. Kentucky a one-shot deal, but moving up (mistake).
Finley details: http://www.collegecharlie.com/Finley.html

EmeryZach
November 19th, 2007, 10:02 AM

Yeah I stood the whole game too, but it was nice before the game.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Yep, I'd take UNI in their away jerseys...especially since if we've gotten to Chattanooga, we'll have played three weeks in home jerseys, and those would have to be pretty stinky at that point! j/k