BigApp
November 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Discuss

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yes!!! This is what I wanted!!

salukidean
November 18th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Look for Nick Hill to have a big day passing on Saturday!

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 02:57 PM
We've beaten Northern and Western, might as well beat Eastern.

and Northwestern next year.

ekufbfan
November 18th, 2007, 03:50 PM
GOOD LUCK EIU! Kick some bu**!!!

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Watch "Mola" run all day

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Yes!!! This is what I wanted!!
We'll be glad to welcome you guys to Carbondale. Just follow the pawprints to the stadium. There is a pretty good tailgate area surrounding the stadium and south to the Arena. Enjoy your stay.

GoColonels!
November 18th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Go get 'em Panthers!
Let the OVC revival start now!
We'll meet you in Chatanooga in four weeks for the rematch...

JaxSinfonian
November 18th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Go get 'em Panthers. Pulling for you here in Jacksonville, since we have to enjoy the playoffs vicariously.

UT-Martin almost had these guys last year. Let's see what you can do with them.

blur2005
November 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Go get 'em Panthers!
Let the OVC revival start now!
We'll meet you in Chatanooga in four weeks for the rematch...
The most amusing post I've read in awhile.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'm so tired of seeing SIU get the easiest first round pick. Eastern Illinois always gets sent to Carbondale...and they always lose.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 04:51 PM
When is tailgating starting on Saturday?

JaxSinfonian
November 18th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'm so tired of seeing SIU get the easiest first round pick. Eastern Illinois always gets sent to Carbondale...and they always lose.

Tell ya what I'm tired of is AGS users popping off about the OVC when they don't what they're talking about. Tends to reach a fever pitch come playoff time, too.

This is only the second time ever EIU has been sent to Carbondale for the playoffs. 2005 does not constitute "always" in my book.

Ask Saluki fans if their first round game last year (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=263290079) was easy.

Saluki_man
November 18th, 2007, 05:05 PM
This is only the second time ever EIU has been sent to Carbondale for the playoffs. 2005 does not constitute "always" in my book.

I must correct you on this, the 2005 matchup of SIU/EIU was in Charelston that year. SIU did not get the home game.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Tell ya what I'm tired of is AGS users popping off about the OVC when they don't what they're talking about. Tends to reach a fever pitch come playoff time, too.

Ask Saluki fans if their first round game last year (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=263290079) was easy.

How about this. You tell me how many playoff games the OVC has won in the past ten years. Then get back to me.

Bottom line: SIU fans are estatic about getting EIU in the first round. I'm sure they are glad they have the Panthers and not New Hampshire or Eastern Washington.

FGColonel
November 18th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Go get 'em Panthers. Pulling for you here in Jacksonville, since we have to enjoy the playoffs vicariously.

UT-Martin almost had these guys last year. Let's see what you can do with them.

Maybe you can watch us both next week from your living room couch. A little quick fact. At our play-off selection parfty this afternoon. We were hope to get JMU. As I am sure a lot of teams were.xlolx xlolx

Go EIU.. Man I never thught I would be saying thatxsmiley_wix GO EKU 'GO OVC!!!

FGColonel
November 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM
The most amusing post I've read in awhile.

Maybe not so amusing after Saturday. Just a little quick fact. At our Play-off selection party this afternoon. everyone was HOPING we would get JMU. But then again I am sure a lot of teams were hope the for the same thing xsmiley_wix

GO EIU
GO EKU!!!!!
GO OVC !!!!

Sam Adams
November 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Hoping to get JMU???? Madison may well beat App State.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM
It will be a good game on Saturday

Maroons
November 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm just hoping the Pathers are able to take the Saluki football program back to the pre-Kill days... when SIU had to drop EIU from the schedule because the games were so lobsided.

siugrad99
November 18th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Keep Dreamin EKU, if it'd make you feel better we'd be happy for you to come instead and we could send EIU to UNI. I'd love to have the Salukis shut you up as we shut up EIU 2 years ago and UTM last year. Since you won't be busy in the 1st of December why don't you make a trip to Carbondale to watch a great football game and then an even better basketball game if you could find a ticket for less than $75.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I don't remember dropping EIU from the schedule. They left the Gateway after 1995 to join the OVC, That lead to not playing them as regularly as we had in prior years. Before that they were a regular opponent almost every year. There only a couple of schools (SEMO and Illinois State) that we have played more throughout our history.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'd LOVE to have Eastern Illinois. We used to have fun with them when they were in the Gateway. This conference is only big enough for one Panther team.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I'd LOVE to have Eastern Illinois. We used to have fun with them when they were in the Gateway. This conference is only big enough for one Panther team.

Panthers vs. Panthers in the opening round? It would be too hard on the announcers. We can't have that.
:D

Maroons
November 18th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Tell me Salukis and Panther fans... is this going to get nasty like a true in-state rivalry? That would make it a lot more fun.

hawkeye
November 18th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe not so amusing after Saturday. Just a little quick fact. At our Play-off selection party this afternoon. everyone was HOPING we would get JMU. But then again I am sure a lot of teams were hope the for the same thing xsmiley_wix

GO EIU
GO EKU!!!!!
GO OVC !!!!

Now that is amusingxlolx

Give em hell EKU and EIU.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Tell me Salukis and Panther fans... is this going to get nasty like a true in-state rivalry? That would make it a lot more fun.

It's not called "nasty". It's just playing physical.
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM

Well, I'm sure EIU hasn't forgotten getting pimp-slapped at home by SIU a couple years ago. Other than that we haven't seen them since they got tired of losing in the Gateway.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Keep giving that "bulletin board" material......... I'm looking for a hard hitting game were in the end both teams will earn respect

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Well, I'm sure EIU hasn't forgotten getting pimp-slapped at home by SIU a couple years ago. Other than that we haven't seen them since they got tired of losing in the Gateway.
Down, boy. EIU won the Gateway the last year they were a member (1995).

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Panthers vs. Panthers in the opening round? It would be too hard on the announcers. We can't have that.

Blue Panthers vs Purple Panthers. Duh!

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Keep giving that "bulletin board" material......... I'm looking for a hard hitting game were in the end both teams will earn respect

I'm not sure who HounDawg is, but don't think he represents the majority of our fans. Some of us older fans remember when EIU had some good teams and when we had some bad ones.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Blue Panthers vs Purple Panthers. Duh!
xlolx

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
SIU advances by 3 td's
xnodx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:28 PM
We've beaten Northern and Western, might as well beat Eastern.

and Northwestern next year.

Hilarious.

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 08:28 PM

I think it will be close and physical, too. We're not overlooking the OVC, especially after playing UT-Martin. Those guys were a lot better than advertised.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Hilarious.
Glad you enjoyed it.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm just hoping the Pathers are able to take the Saluki football program back to the pre-Kill days... when SIU had to drop EIU from the schedule because the games were so lobsided.

You mean when EIU left the Gateway because they were tired of losing? xrolleyesx

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
EIU was hit with the injury bug all year half the O-Line was out most of the year.... We got them all back the last two weeks and we have played our best ball of the year.... we have great balance. It is going to be close.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM

2001 1st round.

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure who HounDawg is, but don't think he represents the majority of our fans. Some of us older fans remember when EIU had some good teams and when we had some bad ones.

I don't know who you are either, and I suspect you don't speak for the majority of our fans either; but I know I watched 20 years of dog**** football at SIU when there were about 300 fans in the stadium so I think I've earned some smack. And I doubt you're older than me, either.
Buck up there, uncle.xrolleyesx

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM
You mean when EIU left the Gateway because they were tired of losing? xrolleyesx
EIU's last year in the Gateway was 1995. They went 10-2 and won the league title. You might want to recheck your theory.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM
ok someone tell me about the tailgating

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM
2001 1st round.

Tony Romo's last college game.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Bring a designated driver.
It stretches from the Mac to the Arena.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
sounds like a good time..... they expecting a good crowd with it being thanksgiving weekend

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 08:49 PM

Sadly, this is one of our weaker areas; kind of segragated with the students shunted to the far side of the arena, about half a mile away and the Alumni area fenced off to keep out the riff-raff. For the last 20 years SIU has had a paranoia about being seen as a party school. Of course, that hasn't caused them put out $83,000,000 on academics. Far from it.

EIUsuperfan
November 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Should be a good game! Really thought we were going to get UNI, but I'm glad we get a rematch with SIU! Hope I can make it down!

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:52 PM
EIU's last year in the Gateway was 1995. They went 10-2 and won the league title. You might want to recheck your theory.

shared the league title. ;)

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 08:52 PM
sounds like a good time..... they expecting a good crowd with it being thanksgiving weekend

I'm sure a lot of the students will be gone. Probably a bigger crowd than you normally get in Charleston.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Tony Romo's last college game.

yup

EIUsuperfan
November 18th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I'm sure a lot of the students will be gone. Probably a bigger crowd than you normally get in Charleston.

Sad, but true.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Probably a bigger crowd than you normally get in Charleston

We have had about 5,000-7,000 most of the year which fills up most of the stadium but they are always dead it takes a lot for the fans to get up..

But the student section the "Blue Crew" is always loud and pumped.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
We have had about 5,000-7,000 most of the year which fills up most of the stadium but they are always dead it takes a lot for the fans to get up..

But the student section the "Blue Crew" is always loud and pumped.
We haven't had a crowd that small all year. Even if we did, I doubt there would be a problem with them getting up for the game. Even some of our older fans get a bit rowdy.
Growing older is mandatory.
Growing up is optional.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah wish we could say the same it's odd but oh well....

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Good luck to both teams. I give EIU a hard time, but only because I miss you so much. ;)

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Good luck to both teams. I give EIU a hard time, but only because I miss you so much. ;)
AW! Aint that sweet?

http://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/20.gif

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah wish we could say the same it's odd but oh well....

As I recall a couple of years ago in Charleston, there were almost as many Saluki fans at the game as EIU fans. You deserve better.

siugrad99
November 19th, 2007, 06:08 AM
This is for the EKU fan who runs his mouth about EIU and how they dominated SIU to the point of the Salukis taking them off the schedule. Straight from EIU's website:

"This will be the 59th meeting in the series with SIU holding a 35-22-1 advantage."

Yep your right I can see why SIU would do such a thing. Amazing when you can't get your facts straight and go purely off the knowledge you pull straight from your Arse.

Sam Adams
November 19th, 2007, 06:12 AM
So everybody agrees that EIU has no chance in this game???

Cocky
November 19th, 2007, 06:14 AM

I don't agree, SIU is the favorite but EIU has a good team.

Panthers_Blue
November 19th, 2007, 07:48 AM
EIU is healthy and are very good, people do not give them any respect because no one knows nothing about them......

JaxSinfonian
November 19th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I must correct you on this, the 2005 matchup of SIU/EIU was in Charelston that year. SIU did not get the home game.

Thanks, I misread that one when I went back to check the record.

How about this. You tell me how many playoff games the OVC has won in the past ten years. Then get back to me.

Why? Oh, yeah, that's right. You apparently can't check the facts yourself.

I love it when someone's proved wrong, then puffs up his chest and changes the subject. Just makes 'em look more wrong.

For the record, EIU has never been sent to Carbondale in the playoffs.

Now I'm not normally one to get all testy online, so why don't we just agree that you were wrong, but that EIU is a definite underdog in this game. However, we'll have to wait for the teams to play to see who wins.

saluki_in_ohio
November 19th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I am an SIU alumnus. My sister is an EIU alumna.

However my sister lives in Southern Illinois and bleeds Saluki Maroon. :D

Gino
November 19th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Let's get the record straight. After 2001's blowout of the Salukis, SIU took EIU off the schedule. The 2005 game was 14-6 with a few minutes left in the game, then EIU tried a fake punt, it did not work, they punched in a late score...
That is not a blowout in my book..
The EIU Panthers are a different team with a lot of weapons, and it should be a GREAT game Saturday!

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 08:54 AM

I think they have a chance if they can pass-protect, SIU's secondary had none of the season's starters last week at Hampton two of whom are gone for the season.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Let's get the record straight. After 2001's blowout of the Salukis, SIU took EIU off the schedule. The 2005 game was 14-6 with a few minutes left in the game, then EIU tried a fake punt, it did not work, they punched in a late score...
That is not a blowout in my book..
The EIU Panthers are a different team with a lot of weapons, and it should be a GREAT game Saturday!

UT Martin put 30 on us too. I don't think we'll be overlooking the OVC.

EIUsuperfan
November 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I am an SIU alumnus. My sister is an EIU alumna.

However my sister lives in Southern Illinois and bleeds Saluki Maroon. :D

Not all of us can be perfect!

Looking forward to the game!

Saluki_man
November 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I think they have a chance if they can pass-protect, SIU's secondary had none of the season's starters last week at Hampton two of whom are gone for the season.

I have to agree with this statement. The only way EIU can win this is if this turns into a shootout. EIU has to put up atleast 40 points to win this game. I don't think EIU has the defense to stop SIU.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
This is for the EKU fan who runs his mouth about EIU and how they dominated SIU to the point of the Salukis taking them off the schedule. Straight from EIU's website:

"This will be the 59th meeting in the series with SIU holding a 35-22-1 advantage."

Yep your right I can see why SIU would do such a thing. Amazing when you can't get your facts straight and go purely off the knowledge you pull straight from your Arse.
They should have researched it more. Actually, it is the 64th meeting. SIU leads 36-26-1.

Panthers_Blue
November 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Skinny I have a great idea.. How about we compare each teams corps all week long we can do like a corp a day for example

Monday EIU O-Line SIU D-Line
Tuesday EIU D-Line SIU O-Line
Wednesday EIU RB/LB SIU LB/RB
Thursday EIU WR/DB/CB SIU WR/DB/CB
Friday EIU QB SIU QB

Profile/Season Stats

Something along these lines, let me know.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Skinny I have a great idea.. How about we compare each teams corps all week long we can do like a corp a day for example

Friday EIU QB SIU QB

Profile/Season Stats

Great idea!xthumbsupx

Panthers_Blue
November 19th, 2007, 10:23 AM
thank u

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 10:57 AM

Friday EIU QB SIU QB

Profile/Season Stats

Interesting idea. we can give it a shot.
These guys all play regularly, although not all start.

Defensive line:

Larry Luster DT-
Class: Senior
Hometown: Springfield, Ill.
6-0 / 310
2 sacks, 2 INTs-both returned for TDs. TFL-11, 1 FF
This pic is old, he has more hair now.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588409.jpeg

James Cloud DE
Class: Junior
Hometown:Hackensack, N.J.
6-2 / 215
5.5 sacks, TFL 11.5

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561053.jpeg

Devon Reese DE
Class: Senior
Hometown: Daphne, Ala.
6-2 / 235
4 sacks, TFL-8.5, 1 fumble recovery

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588477.jpeg

Chris Arthurs DT
Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Wheaton, Ill.
6-0 / 285

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588442.jpeg

Jemere Gainer DE
Hometown: Livonia, Mich.
6-0 / 225
2.5 sacks, TFL 3.5, 1 INT, 1 blocked kick

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588471.jpeg

Tony Colletti DT
Hometown: Park Ridge, Ill.
6-3 / 270
2 TFL, 1 fumble recovery

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/236305.jpeg

Panthers_Blue
November 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM
O-Line

LT #72 So
Will Norris
6'9 315
Balitmore, OH
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Will%20Norris%2007%20fb.jpg

LG #75 So
Kevin Mahoney
6'6 315
Springfield, OH (Bowling Green)
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Kevin%20Mahoney%2007%20fb%202.jpg

C #63 Sr
Drew Cario-Gross
6'2 325
Mundelein, IL
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Drew%20Cairo-Gross%2007%20fb.jpg

RG #74 So
Chaz Millard
6'3 305
St. Charles, IL
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Chaz%20Millard%2007%20fb.jpg

RT #73 Sr
Anthony Rubican
6'6 289
Schaumburg, IL
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/7/5/06_rubican-anthony.jpg

There have only been 8 Sacks all year long. Plus 50% 4th-Down Conversions.

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Interesting idea. we can give it a shot.
These guys all play regularly, although not all start.

Too many underclassmen on that D-Line, Skinny. Can you graduate a few early so we don't have to play 'em next year?

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Too many underclassmen on that D-Line, Skinny. Can you graduate a few early so we don't have to play 'em next year?
Luster and Reese are graduating. I have a nagging feeling I'm overlooking someone.

hawkeye
November 19th, 2007, 03:03 PM
UT Martin put 30 on us too. I don't think we'll be overlooking the OVC.

Oh the memories. I was there. First play a 60 yard pass to the one yard line and a quick score. Then a pass interception and its 14-0 UT Martin. Then your mighty tailback decided it was time to play ball. Wow that kid was good. xnodx

Should be a close game with EIU. I do remember many SIU fans being somewhat overconfident. I remember the look of shock even after the game. UT Martin will be back!! For now........GO EIU.xthumbsupx

Maroons
November 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM

As the "EKU fan who runs his mouth," I will concede I did not research the statement. However, I don't believe my statement must refer to the all-time record... merely the series at the point before Kill took over. I got the information from a columnist from a Charleston area paper while reading about EIU some time ago. He was discussing the Panther's move to the OVC and lamenting the fact that the days were gone by of EIU dominating SIU. He was remarking about how the tables had turned and EIU didn't have as palatable a conference schedule with the OVC.

So, I did go back and research the series a little. Between 1986-1995, EIU won 6 of the 10 meetings... which I will concede is not a killing. However, the Panthers won the last three before the series ended for four years including a 21-point victory in '95. During that span, the Panthers also won games over SIU by 45 points, 31 points, and another 21 points. SIU's larget margin of victory over EIU during that time was 5 points. With SIU failing to record a winning season between 1991 and 2003... I can see why they would drop a tough game against an in-state rival... or even find themselves "unable" to schedule it.

Either way, I find my statements defendable. What I essentially said was that there was a period of time, roughly a decade ago, where EIU was dominant and SIU was struggling... and that is what I would like to see on Saturday.

Now do me a favor and kindly leave my "arse" out of any future debate. I hardly see how it applies.

EIUsuperfan
November 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM
As the "EKU fan who runs his mouth," I will concede I did not research the statement. However, I don't believe my statement must refer to the all-time record... merely the series at the point before Kill took over. I got the information from a columnist from a Charleston area paper while reading about EIU some time ago. He was discussing the Panther's move to the OVC and lamenting the fact that the days were gone by of EIU dominating SIU. He was remarking about how the tables had turned and EIU didn't have as palatable a conference schedule with the OVC.

So, I did go back and research the series a little. Between 1986-1995, EIU won 6 of the 10 meetings... which I will concede is not a killing. However, the Panthers won the last three before the series ended for four years including a 21-point victory in '95. During that span, the Panthers also won games over SIU by 45 points, 31 points, and another 21 points. SIU's larget margin of victory over EIU during that time was 5 points. With SIU failing to record a winning season between 1991 and 2003... I can see why they would drop a tough game against an in-state rival... or even find themselves "unable" to schedule it.

Either way, I find my statements defendable. What I essentially said was that there was a period of time, roughly a decade ago, where EIU was dominant and SIU was struggling... and that is what I would like to see on Saturday.

Now do me a favor and kindly leave my "arse" out of any future debate. I hardly see how it applies.

Very nice! xbowx

hawkeye
November 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Wow! Pimpin aint easy.xlolx

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Oh the memories. I was there. First play a 60 yard pass to the one yard line and a quick score. Then a pass interception and its 14-0 UT Martin. Then your mighty tailback decided it was time to play ball. Wow that kid was good. xnodx

Should be a close game with EIU. I do remember many SIU fans being somewhat overconfident. I remember the look of shock even after the game. UT Martin will be back!! For now........GO EIU.xthumbsupx

Yep, I was there too, and it sure looked to me like we were already thinking about the next round. These guys won't do that.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Wow! Pimpin aint easy.xlolx

I wonder how long those two have been married?:D

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Wow. That's a big O line; if I'm coaching EIU I'd be thinking about running straight at SIU's smallish DE, because he is VERY quick and on passing downs he's the one that must be blocked. The lines could be a classic size vs. speed match up as groups. I think SIU needs to score first to take EIU out of their probable ball control plan. If we start slow, as we seem to have developed a habit of doing, we may have a hard time getting the ball.

Panthers_Blue
November 19th, 2007, 04:48 PM
EIU likes to pound the ball behind that line and who wouldn't, but don't worry they give enough protection to mix the pass in on a regular basis

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
EIU likes to pound the ball behind that line and who wouldn't, but don't worry they give enough protection to mix the pass in on a regular basis

I hope we have a little more depth on the D line than posted.

SO ILLmatic
November 19th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Subplot going into the game on Saturday. Two former high school teammates will face off against each other in a venue that is 25 miles from their hometown.

The Salukis QB Nick Hill 7216

&

The Panthers TE #88 Jordan Campanella 7217

played high school football together in DuQuoin. Both players were members of DuQuoin's 2002 State-Runner Team. There was numerous occassions throughout their high school careers that Campanella was on the receiving end of a Hill pass. Their friendship will just bring more significance to an intrastate rivalry game taking place in the first round of the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Here's or O-Line in case I get tied up tomorrow.

Craig Kombrink OT
6-5 / 280
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/230841.jpeg

Shawn Smith G
6-4 / 275
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561101.jpeg

Mike Farrell C
6-3 / 300
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561060.jpeg

Aaron Lockwood G
6-3 / 305
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561075.jpeg

Darren Marquez OT
6-5 / 315
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/230928.jpeg

Also tackle Andrew Kernes is normally a starter, but has some problems with an arthritic hip. He plays on his good days.

Andrew Kernes OT
6-6 / 310
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/230818.jpeg

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 05:39 PM
back in the day everybody had hair like Lockwood's.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Subplot going into the game on Saturday. Two former high school teammates will face off against each other in a venue that is 25 miles from their hometown.

The Salukis QB Nick Hill 7216

&

The Panthers TE #88 Jordan Campanella 7217

played high school football together in DuQuoin. Both players were members of DuQuoin's 2002 State-Runner Team. There was numerous occassions throughout their high school careers that Campanella was on the receiving end of a Hill pass. Their friendship will just bring more significance to an intrastate rivalry game taking place in the first round of the playoffs.

Subplot #2

I've heard EIU running back Ademola Adeniji and SIU DT Larry Luster are old friends. I think Larry is looking forward to tackling him.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 05:48 PM

You should have seen him before he got the haircut.
It's another old pic. I think he changed to a mohawk.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I don't guess you would have a picture of Larry Luster's current hairdo. It has definitely changed.

Maroons
November 19th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Lockwood's hair is my favorite thing about this thread.

Panthers_Blue
November 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
The hair is nice....... I will post the EIU D-Line first thing tomarrow then Wednesday we take a look at RB/LB

JaxSinfonian
November 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Wow. That's a big O line;

I haven't seen SIU's defense for comparison, but I can testify to the size of EIU's offensive line. Those guys looked enormous on the field in Jacksonville two weeks ago. They gave Adeniji all the space he needed for 158 yards and two TDs. At one point in the fourth quarter they handed the ball to him on eight consecutive snaps, running almost every one of the plays up the middle. They got 35 yards, 3 first downs. Somehow we stiffened up and finally stopped them and they threw incomplete on third down. I didn't think that series was ever going to end.

EIU86
November 19th, 2007, 09:54 PM
EIU needs to win the turnover battle because SIU is obviously the more talented team. I give this Panther team a lot of credit for getting to 8-3 given the amount of injuries they have had this year, but I will be very surprised if they can win Saturday. Too much inexperience in the secondary and we don't seem to get a lot of pressure on the QB, bad combination against a good quarterback.

Tony Romo's las EIU game was in 2002 against WIU in the playoffs, not UNI in 2001. WIU laid a big-time beat down on EIU that day.

Panthers_Blue
November 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
EIU D-Line

LE #99 Sr
6'1 255
Michael Torres
Miami, FL
19 solo tackles/9 tfl/2 sacks/1 int
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Michael%20Torres%2007%20fb.jpg

LT #90 Sr
6'4 277
Tim Kelly
Chicago Heights,IL
23 solo tackles/5 tfl/2 sacks/2 ff/ 1 f rec/ Starter every game since Fr year
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Tim%20Kelly%2007%20fb.jpg

RT #97 Jr
6'3 254
Jeff Sobol
Pevely, MO
18 solo tackles/10 tfl/2 sacks
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Jeff%20Sobol%2007%20fb.jpg

RE #91 Jr
6'5 261
Pierre Walters
Forest Park, IL
24 solo tackles/6 tfl/3 sacks/1 fumble rec
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Pierre%20Walters%2007%20fb.jpg

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Just putting these lines side by side.

Here's or O-Line in case I get tied up tomorrow.

Craig Kombrink OT
6-5 / 280
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/230841.jpeg

Shawn Smith G
6-4 / 275
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561101.jpeg

Mike Farrell C
6-3 / 300
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561060.jpeg

Aaron Lockwood G
6-3 / 305
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561075.jpeg

Darren Marquez OT
6-5 / 315
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/230928.jpeg

Also tackle Andrew Kernes is normally a starter, but has some problems with an arthritic hip. He plays on his good days.

Andrew Kernes OT
6-6 / 310
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/230818.jpeg

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I think our offensive line might wear their D line down a bit late in the game.

Panthers_Blue
November 20th, 2007, 07:36 PM
The D-Line has been very good stopping the run late in the game. I think SIU would have to run the ball more than they normally do to wear them out. They have had some great games against some good backs in the OVC.

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2007, 08:53 PM
The D-Line has been very good stopping the run late in the game. I think SIU would have to run the ball more than they normally do to wear them out. They have had some great games against some good backs in the OVC.

About 2/3 of the plays SIU still runs the ball. We average over two hundred fushing yards per game with three different tailbacks averaging over five yards per carry. Don't underestimate the Saluki ground game.

skinny_uncle
November 21st, 2007, 07:43 AM
SIU Linebackers

Brandin Jordan

81 tackles, 8 TFL, 1 INT, 1 FF

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561072.jpeg

Trevor Moe

79 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 2 INTs, 1 FF, 4 pass BrUp

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/235805.jpeg

Chauncey Mixon

95 tackles, 12 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 5 pass BrUp

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561081.jpeg

skinny_uncle
November 21st, 2007, 08:10 AM
SIU Running Backs

John Randle is the starting tailback, but all these guys see action.

John Randle

784 yards, 5.4 yds/carry, 10 TDs, 22 pass receptions for 230 yds and a TD

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588452.jpeg

Larry Warner

443 yards, 5.5 yds/carry, 4 TDs, 5 pass receptions for 51 yds, 8 kick returns for 149 yds

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1543525.jpeg

Deji Karim

386 yards, 5.1 yds/carry, 8 TDs, 4 pass receptions for 17 yds

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1543482.jpeg

Richard White

169 yards, 4.7 yds/carry, 5 TDs

sorry but no pic for this guy.

Panthers_Blue
November 21st, 2007, 08:28 AM
EIU Linebackers

Starters

#54 MLB Sr
5'10 237
Donald Thomas
St. Louis, MO
76 takls/6 takls for loss (Buch. Finalist)
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Donald%20Thomas%2007%20fb.jpg

#28 OLB Jr
5'11 219
Jack Kosinski
Schereville, IN
41 takls/2 takls for loss
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Jack%20Kosinski%2007%20fb%202.jpg

#47 OLB Sr
6'1 241
Matt Westrick
San Diego, CA
67 takls/8 takls for loss/1 int
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Matt%20Westrick%2007%20FB%202.jpg

Panthers_Blue
November 21st, 2007, 08:42 AM
EIU Running Backs

#37 HB Sr
5'10 215
Ademola Adeniji
Springfield, IL
1206 total yrds/avg 5.2 yrds per rush/15 TD/avg 107.1 yrds per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Ademola%20Adeniji%2007%20fb.jpg

#8 HB Jr
5'9 176
Travorus Bess
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
609 total yrds/avg 5.7 yrds per rush/4 TD/avg 61 yrds per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Travorus%20Bess%2007%20fb.jpg

#43 FB Jr
6'2 230
Trent Steckel
Crystal Lake, IL
27 total yrds/avg 3 yrds per rush/2 TD/avg 3 yrds per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Trent%20Steckel%2007%20fb%202.jpg

Team Rushing Totals
29 rushing TD's
5 yrds per rush
202 yrds per game

skinny_uncle
November 21st, 2007, 09:28 PM
I cannot wait to see Ademola Adeniji run into Larry Luster. They are old friends and I sense a big hit coming.

Houndawg
November 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM
I cannot wait to see Ademola Adeniji run into Larry Luster. They are old friends and I sense a big hit coming.

I think they'll run at James Cloud so they'll know where he is.

skinny_uncle
November 21st, 2007, 11:05 PM
I think they'll run at James Cloud so they'll know where he is.
But you have to know where he is to run at him.
xnodx

skinny_uncle
November 22nd, 2007, 06:21 AM
SIU Secondary
(Due to some injuries recently I'm not sure which of these guys will start Saturday.)

Clayton Johnson
1.5 TFL, 3 INTs, 1 FF, 4 BrUP
no pic

Brandon Williams
2 TFL, 2 INTs, 3 BrUP, a FF
no pic

Marty Rodgers
3 TFL, 2 INTs, 1 FF, 4 BrUP

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588458.jpeg

Craig Turner
1 INT, 2 FRec, 4 BrUP
Returns kicks-26.3 yds/return
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561109.jpeg

Anthony Williams
1 TFL, 2 INTs, 4 BrUP
no pic

Mike McElroy
2.5 TFL, 2 BrUP
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1543499.jpeg

Kenny Walker
2 BrUP
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1543523.jpeg

Korey Lindsey
1 INT, 4 BrUP
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1543492.jpeg

skinny_uncle
November 22nd, 2007, 06:34 AM
Receivers (partial listing-20 different players have caught passes this year)

Justin Allen
603 yards, 6 TDs
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/561015.jpeg

Phil Goforth
469 yards 2 TDs
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/229769.jpeg

Alan Turner
478 yards 6 TDs
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/235940.jpeg

Ryan Kernes
228 yards, 4 TDs
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/588395.jpeg

skinny_uncle
November 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Somebody wake up the Panther fans. It's time to smell the Turkey.

Panthers_Blue
November 22nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
EIU Wideouts

WR #80 Sr
6'6 221
Micah Rucker
Bonita Springs, FL (Minn.)
765 yrds rec/avg 15 yrd per catch/9 TD/48 yrd long/avg 80 yrd per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Micah%20Rucker%2007%20fb.jpg

WR #84 Sr
6'2 198
Jason Fisher
Champaign, IL
268 yrds rec/avg 15 yrd per catch/2 TD/32 yrd long/avg 25 yrd per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Jason%20Fisher%2007%20fb%202.jpg

WR #7 Jr
6'0 172
Alicus Nozinor
Delray Beach, FL
359 yrds rec/avg 11 yrd per catch/50 yrd long/avg 26 yrd per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Alicus%20Nozinor%2007%20fb.jpg

TE #88 Sr
6'3 245
Jordan Campanella
DuQuoin, IL
278 yrds rec/avg 12 yrd per catch/2 TD/30 yrd long/avg 25 yrd per game
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Jordan%20Campanella%2007%20fb%202.jpg

Panthers_Blue
November 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
EIU Secondary

CB #6 Sr
5'8 182
Sinque Turner
Chicago, IL
25 solo tkls/2 tkls for loss/2 brp
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Sinque%20Turner%2007%20fb.jpg

Rover #3 Jr
5'11 200
Ke’Andre Sams
Lakeland, FL
32 solo tkls/1 tkl for loss/2 int/1 brp
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Ke%27Andre%20Sams%2007%20fb.jpg

FS #1 Jr
5'11 187
Adrian Arrington
Bloomington, IL
43 solo tkls/2 tkl for loss/1 int/3 brp
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Adrian%20Arrington%2007%20fb.jpg

CB #26 Fr
5'11 164
Rashad Haynes
Rockledge, FL
34 solo tkls/1 tkl for loss/1 sack/5 int/6 brp
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Rashad%20Haynes%2007%20fb%202.jpg

Panthers_Blue
November 23rd, 2007, 12:50 PM
EIU QB

QB #4 So
6'0 203
Bodie Reeder
Ivesdale, IL
1613 yrds/9 TD/45 long/avg 147 yrds per game/started last 9 games, took over mid way in 3 quarter vs. Ill St.
http://www.eiupanthers.com//images/football/2007/6/18/Bodie%20Reeder%2007%20fb.jpg

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2007, 05:16 PM
SIU QB

Nick Hill

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/597532.jpeg

Senior
6-3, 210
DuQuoin, IL

2619 yards passing, 23 TDs, 283 yards rushing, 3 TDs, efficiency rating 175.6

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
I think our QB trumps your QB.
xnodx

Panthers_Blue
November 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah he does granted ours didn't start all year.... Reeder is good though trust me he is very smart. His touch on his ball when he throws his fades/jumps to Rucker are amazing. I can't wait to see him work this offseason and get back in there next year knowing he is the starter from game one. His efficiency rating is 140, so I'll take that his first year.

Panthers_Blue
November 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Word around the rumor-mill is Nick's younger brother AJ could be finding his way around "Chucktown" someday. Just a rumor but this just adds to all the number of connections in the game.

Panthers_Blue
November 24th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Well it's 6 am just woke up taking a shower grabbing the gear and I'm heading south. Good luck to both teams today and everyone be safe getting there and back. Go Panthers!!

Rucker With Another TD
http://www.eiupanthers.com/images/football/2007/10/13/DSC_0039ruckermurray.jpg

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 09:51 AM
How is Coach Spoo doing? I heard he had an appendectomy this week.

siugrad99
November 24th, 2007, 10:25 AM
That WR Rucker scares the crap out of me. We need good pressure up front if we want to be successful today. Can't teach height.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Less than an hour until kickoff.
:)

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Video of game available at:

SIU-EIU (https://secure.stretchinternet.com/wlive.php?user=siuvideo&id=29588)

It's free. You have to have Quicktime.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 01:42 PM
TD pass from Hill to Turner.
SIU 7 EIU 0

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
TD pass to Kernes.
SIU 14 EIU 0

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Video of game available at:

SIU-EIU (https://secure.stretchinternet.com/wlive.php?user=siuvideo&id=29588)

It's free. You have to have Quicktime.

Thanks, Skinny.............I'm tuned in right now!!!

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:30 PM
17-0 SIU up late in 2nd qtr.

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:36 PM
20-0 SIU

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks, Skinny.............I'm tuned in right now!!!

Enjoy.

strike00
November 24th, 2007, 02:39 PM
nice half by SIU. In control of this game.

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well. Interesting first half.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Hill 16-19 for 185 yards in the first half.

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hill 16-19 for 185 yards in the first half.

impressive.

Maroons
November 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Seems like EIU is completely unable to get anything going offensively.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Seems like EIU is completely unable to get anything going offensively.

EIU has a couple of turnovers, a fumble and an INT. They are losing the time of possession battle. SIU had the ball about 18 minutes of the first half.

R.A.
November 24th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Watching it

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Watching it

Is the feed slow..........it was very choppy for me.

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
EIU get a fumble and are at SIU 10

Reed Rothchild
November 24th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I really don't want to play SIU again.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM
EIU with a FG
SIU 20 EIU 3
Late in the third quarter

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM

You don't have to.
Just lose before the semis.

igo4uni
November 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM

It's ok...........they are scared to death of the fabulous UNI-Dome.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D :D :D

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM
SIU starts the fourth quarter with a 5 yard TD run by Hill

SIU 27 EIU 3

EmeryZach
November 24th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Can't wait to come up to SIU. Should be fun.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 03:52 PM
EIU tried an onside kick after scoring that failed.
SIU 27 EIU 11

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Saluki FG
SIU 30 EIU 11

Saluki_man
November 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Final

SIU 30
EIU 11

The UMass/SIU game next week will probably be an afternoon kickoff. Due to the fact that the basketball game vs Indiana is at 8:30 CDT and there is a parade in Carbondale in the early evening.

JaxSinfonian
November 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Looks like the game's over. 30-11 SIU. Congrats on a good season, Panthers.

Looks like the OVC's hopes now rest with EKU.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Bring on UMass!
xthumbsupx

douglasdmb
November 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
What was the announced attendance?

Killsback
November 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
attendance was announed at a little over 6100

Saluki_man
November 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Next week should be higher, with the students back in town and getting alums back in town for the SIU/Indiana basketball game.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Next week should be higher, with the students back in town and getting alums back in town for the SIU/Indiana basketball game.

Next Saturday will be crazy in Carbondale. UMass coming to town for football, Indiana at the Arena Saturday night for a basketball game and a lighted Christmas parade downtown in between. Surely the NCAA will give us a day game for football. The basketball game is already sold out and a lot of those folks would make a day of it for both games if possible.

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats Dawgs!!!!!xthumbsupx xbowx

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Nice work doggies. Get after dem Minutemen.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Nice work doggies. Get after dem Minutemen.

We all know the real reason they call them Minute Men.
xsmiley_wix

siugrad99
November 24th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Seems like Maroon's comments about the OVC and the outcome of this game are just a bit off ;) Also interesting to see no replies from EIU fans.

umassfan
November 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM
We all know the real reason they call them Minute Men.
xsmiley_wix

Yea because if our offense plays like today... it only takes a Minute for us to score on you. :D

Sam Adams
November 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Congrats SIU. See ya next week.

Panthers_Blue
November 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM
SIUgrad sorry I didn't reply sooner I had to drive home.... and just got home! So don't worry here are my comments.

First off I would like to say good gameplan by SIU. They came out and set the pace. EIU's 1st drive didn't go so well for the panthers Adeniji fumbled and I have to say this but he was already on the ground when it was stripped however it happens. I have to say EIU's D did not show up till the second half where the kept the game at bay for a whole quarter and gave EIU's O all it needed to get right back in the game, but they didn't Reeder did not look like Reeder. I put the blame on the coaching staff for not playing EIU ball. Something they have done all season is go vertical streach the D then get the run going. We nickled and dime passed which i not all game. There was only one time when a EIU wideout ran a more then 10 yards down the field.

Overall EIU did not play there O they played into the hands of what SIU wanted them to do and they did. SIU has great speed on D, and we played towards it.

I wish SIU the best in round 2 you have a good team and if you plan like you did against us you should give UMASS all they can handle.

Best wishes to all of the EIU Srs. It has been fun watching you all and I know we will be watching some of you on Sundays.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2007, 07:58 PM
That big WR must have been hurt or else he was dogging it. EIU played alright, they were just a half-step slower. SIU's effort was a little flat, especially the 2nd half, they're going to have to turn it up next week. O line needs to step it up on the run blocking and quit making Hill do everything.

EIU86
November 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM
The game went about as expected as SIU was clearly the better team. EIU needed to force SIU into turnovers to have a chance and the reverse happended and we had zero chance. Good look to SIU as I like to see the other state schools do well although it does hurt in recruiting battles.

I do give the EIU players and staff credit this year for hanging in there despite an obscene amount of injuries but I question if they deserved an at-large bid this year. Losing to Illinois State at home and then having some close calls against some bad OVC teams leads me to believe we shouldn't have.

EIU needs a major upgrade at quarterback. I'm hoping the Hockaday kid that redshirted this year can be the guy. Ever since Romo left all EIU has had are QB's that at best can manage a game, but not win a game. Unfortunately EIU couldn't stop a good JFL team when Romo was there.

Panthers_Blue
November 24th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Rucker is hurt when they played Jax St he took a nasty fall out of the air and landed hard he, didn't play at all last week. His ribs were bruised pretty good and he has hard some trouble just breathing without pain.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
The game went about as expected as SIU was clearly the better team. EIU needed to force SIU into turnovers to have a chance and the reverse happended and we had zero chance. Good look to SIU as I like to see the other state schools do well although it does hurt in recruiting battles.

I do give the EIU players and staff credit this year for hanging in there despite an obscene amount of injuries but I question if they deserved an at-large bid this year. Losing to Illinois State at home and then having some close calls against some bad OVC teams leads me to believe we shouldn't have.

EIU needs a major upgrade at quarterback. I'm hoping the Hockaday kid that redshirted this year can be the guy. Ever since Romo left all EIU has had are QB's that at best can manage a game, but not win a game. Unfortunately EIU couldn't stop a good JFL team when Romo was there.

Rumor on the street is that Nick Hill's little brother has been seen in Charleston.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Congrats SIU. See ya next week.
C'mon down. I'm looking forward to it.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Rumor on the street is that Nick Hill's little brother has been seen in Charleston.
I'm not sure AJ is in Nick's league, but he ain't bad.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2007, 10:33 PM

After that 3-3 start, EIU had to win five straight just to get in the playoffs. That was quite a feat in itself.
xthumbsupx

SO ILLmatic
November 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM

Luke Hockaday was a hell of a QB in HS. The eastern panther fans can expect good things from him in the future.

P.S. on a separate subject, a thumbs down to the amount of Saluki fans in attendance. I understand the students being gone, the weather not being ideal, etc... But there is no excuse for a similar size crowd in round 2 versus UMASS. Playoff football in the afternoon, then walk across the tailgating area to see the basketball Salukis play nationally ranked Indiana

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Luke Hockaday was a hell of a QB in HS. The eastern panther fans can expect good things from him in the future.

P.S. on a separate subject, a thumbs down to the amount of Saluki fans in attendance. I understand the students being gone, the weather not being ideal, etc... But there is no excuse for a similar size crowd in round 2 versus UMASS. Playoff football in the afternoon, then walk across the tailgating area to see the basketball Salukis play nationally ranked Indiana
I'm sure you meant to see nationally ranked SIU!

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM

I was there and noticed that the whole vibe from tailgating the game was pretty low-key. The crowd will double, or more, next week. The Indiana game is sold out and the light parade is happening too. This could be a "back-in-the-day" weekend for C'dale.

Coach37
November 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
First let me congratulate SIU, they are a very good ball club and I hope they go all the way. As for EIU, they played with one healthy receiver on Saturday and SIU did a great job of taking him out of the game. If this were a regular season game, their top 4 receivers more than likely would have been held out (#7 separated shoulder),
(#18 concussion), (#80 dislocated ribs), (#84 pinched nerve). Taking nothing away from SIU's win, no one in the country is going to beat SIU at SIU when they are as beat up as EIU was on Saturday. I give EIU credit for a great effort and am very optimistic about the future of EIU Football, they played a lot of young kids in some very key positions on both sides of the ball and strung together 5 straight wins with their backs to the wall to make the play-offs for the 6th time in the past 8-years. Not a bad season, Go Panthers!