PDA

View Full Version : Can We all agree...

appstate38
November 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
That no matter who gets in or is left out that we will keep the crying and moaning to a minimum. Prehaps just one thread about how your team should be in.

2nd could we be happy that our team is in and that if we didn't get a seed or even a home game that we still have to bring our "A" game to win. I know I am asking alot, but Thanksgiving is just around the corner so I believe we should be thankful to be in and where we play should be a distance second.

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Agreed.

Syntax Error
November 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Fat chance. This place will go up for grabs! :( Hope the admins are ready!!!

Cleets
November 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
So nothing from me about how Harvard could destroy APP State... xlolx

(I don't even know what to talk about then..)

You can see the tumble weeds blowing through this thread already...

DetroitFlyer
November 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Of course this comes from a fan whose team is in....

JALMOND
November 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
That no matter who gets in or is left out that we will keep the crying and moaning to a minimum. Prehaps just one thread about how your team should be in.

2nd could we be happy that our team is in and that if we didn't get a seed or even a home game that we still have to bring our "A" game to win. I know I am asking alot, but Thanksgiving is just around the corner so I believe we should be thankful to be in and where we play should be a distance second.

My only post for Portland State. Even with a quality win over Eastern Washington and two quality losses to McNeese State and Montana, we are not going to get in, due to our 3-8 record. Maybe we can point to our bad loss at Idaho State or maybe Montana State prevented us once again from going, but truth be told, we are not in, and I am fine with that (unlike last year).xbawlingx xlolx xlolx xnodx

BigApp
November 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Fat chance.

agreed. this place will melt down if the committee decides enough is enough and starts 'punishing' teams for weak azz scheduling.
xtwocentsx

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 01:04 PM

A call for civility?
Yeah.
That'll work.
xrolleyesx

gophoenix
November 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM

No offense, but this is coming from the team who had how many threads about Michigan at once? How many active threads now? Etc etc etc. Do you think your fans would abide by this request if you were on the bubble? Just curious.

And no, I am not going to create a thread and whine, but just find it interesting from a team that is in.....

JohnStOnge
November 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Nope.

BlueHen86
November 18th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I won't cry if Delaware is left out. I expect that they are in, but losing their last two doesn't help.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM
haha. I love this. AGS will not be controlled in the next 2 hours. It will be chaos.

appstate38
November 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM
No offense, but this is coming from the team who had how many threads about Michigan at once? How many active threads now? Etc etc etc. Do you think your fans would abide by this request if you were on the bubble? Just curious.

And no, I am not going to create a thread and whine, but just find it interesting from a team that is in.....

No offense taken, But you guys could have controlled your own destiny. But I am glad you find it interesting non the less.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 01:11 PM
All hell will break loose in t-minus 2 hours.

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Of course this comes from a fan whose team deserves to be in....

Fixed it for ya. xthumbsupx

gophoenix
November 18th, 2007, 01:14 PM
No offense taken, But you guys could have controlled your own destiny. But I am glad you find it interesting non the less.

This isn't about me (or Elon) we aren't on the bubble. I just like football.

I am just saying, if App was on the bubble, would you still make such a request and do you even think it would be honored?

appstate38
November 18th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Of course this comes from a fan whose team is in....

Fixed it for ya. xthumbsupx

Thanks man right back at ya!

appstate38
November 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM
This isn't about me (or Elon) we aren't on the bubble. I just like football.

I am just saying, if App was on the bubble, would you still make such a request and do you even think it would be honored?

I guess I just don't want to have to wade through endless threads about whose team got hosed or robbed. Just rather focus on the games at hand. And yes being one of those teams gives you the right to talk that way.

alexale23
November 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
That is very easy for someone whose team is in to say. BUt if you are on the bubble and get left out Im sure people are going to scream. But I agree cause my team is in

Griz40
November 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Nice post...I agree

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 18th, 2007, 01:25 PM
................and take all the fun out of it...........

danefan
November 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Great post.

I agree not to bitch and complain if Albany is left out.....on one BIG condition.

You guys cannot bitch and complain about limited scholly,etc.. if Albany does get in.

Or if you want, keep to one thread.
Deal?

APPSTER
November 18th, 2007, 01:31 PM

If the "selections" were done fairly (no regionalization, no politics) then yeah, I'd agree to your request. But because they're not done entirely fairly, some teams are going to get hosed and they should have a right to scrutinize the teams that did get in, grabbed a seed, got a home game, whatever.

If you don't want to read about the teams that got hosed, skip it. We all have either been hosed or will be hosed in the future and I don't want to be denied my chance to say my fair piece when it happens.

JALMOND
November 18th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Truth be told, any team that is excluded can point to one game and say that was the game that kept us out. I'd like to see the Big Sky get two teams in (Montana and Eastern Washington). From what I'm hearing, that is the case. But in years past, what I hear is usually one more team than what actually happens. EWU should be in, but if not, they could point to the early season home loss against Portland State for keeping them out. Others on the bubble can do the same. Albany can point to the loss to Colgate. UNH lost to Northeastern at home. Norfolk State lost to Howard at home. I'm sure Georgia Southern would like the home loss to Chattanooga back. All teams on the bubble have a reason why they are there and those fans should not look past that.

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Truth be told, any team that is excluded can point to one game and say that was the game that kept us out. I'd like to see the Big Sky get two teams in (Montana and Eastern Washington). From what I'm hearing, that is the case. But in years past, what I hear is usually one more team than what actually happens. EWU should be in, but if not, they could point to the early season home loss against Portland State for keeping them out. Others on the bubble can do the same. Albany can point to the loss to Colgate. UNH lost to Northeastern at home. Norfolk State lost to Howard at home. I'm sure Georgia Southern would like the home loss to Chattanooga back. All teams on the bubble have a reason why they are there and those fans should not look past that.

And UNI can point to...oh wait, nothing. xthumbsupx xpeacex

danefan
November 18th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Absolutely!xthumbsupx

We're lucky to just be in the mix!

thecardiackid
November 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I applaud the call for civility. But yah, it'll be hard for passionate fans that are jilted to be rationale. Hopefully, I won't be one of them.

89Hen
November 18th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, nice sentiment, but zippy chance, especially if Dayton doesn't get in. xcoffeex

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Gee.
Your suggestion worked so well.
xeyebrowx