PDA

View Full Version : I want in Um's bracket!!!

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Watched the MSU game last night, and from what I saw Apps best cahce will be in this bracket.xnodx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
xrotatehx xrotatehx What is it with everyone on this board pretty much already declaring victory over the Griz...I'm looking forward to the Grizzlies blowing a few teams out of the water in Missoula xsmiley_wix

Cleets
November 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Watched the MSU game last night, and from what I saw Apps best cahce will be in this bracket.xnodx

Be careful what you wish for...

McNeese75
xrotatehx xrotatehx What is it with everyone on this board pretty much already declaring victory over the Griz...I'm looking forward to the Grizzlies blowing a few teams out of the water in Missoula xsmiley_wix

xconfusedx Y'all can do that this year???? :D xpeacex

Grizaholic17

WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOU!http://img-srv.dtcbuilder.com/engine/builder/images/1/4/9/7/7/2/file/8.jpg

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
xconfusedx Y'all can do that this year???? :D xpeacex

xlolx hey if everyone else gets to pretty much assume they're going to beat us then i get to assume we'll beat them damn it xsmiley_wixxpeacex

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM
xlolx hey if everyone else gets to pretty much assume they're going to beat us then i get to assume we'll beat them damn it xsmiley_wixxpeacex

:D Hey, I would be happy with 4 more 1 point wins (just like you xthumbsupx )

AlphaSigMD
November 18th, 2007, 11:20 AM

I'd love to play Montana again, but I think that McNeese would be just as good. If the other teams comply, I'd LOVE to see our schedule go something like this:

1st Round - UMass
2nd Round - McNeese St.
3rd Round - Montana
Championship - UNI

If ASU could find a way to win this playoff schedule (and they would likely be favored in all games until the championship...it would probably be even @UM) they would be the 1st team to ever to beat 3 undefeated teams and 4 conference champions in route to the National Championship. We'd also have a little slice of history mixed in with rematches of the 2005 and 2006 National Championship games.

But...look for ASU to be @SIU in the 2nd round and @UNI in the 3rd. The committee will look for a way to keep it like that...unfortunately.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 11:21 AM
:D Hey, I would be happy with 4 more 1 point wins (just like you xthumbsupx )

exactly. xnodx

nevadagriz
November 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Why are appy fans concerned with little ol Montana? Appy is two time defending champs you beat Michigan and should be favorites (with uni) TO WIN the whole thing regardless of seed. I would like to know why fans all want to beat Montana in the playoffs this year? Is it a respect thing because of 15 straight playoffs, is it to prove we are as weak as you have been claiming all year, or is it just cause you don't like the GRIZ????

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Why are appy fans concerned with little ol Montana? Appy is two time defending champs you beat Michigan and should be favorites (with uni) TO WIN the whole thing regardless of seed. I would like to know why fans all want to beat Montana in the playoffs this year? Is it a respect thing because of 15 straight playoffs, is it to prove we are as weak as you have been claiming all year, or is it just cause you don't like the GRIZ????

Simple, we want you OUT of Wash/Griz.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Both of them. And Appy is two time defending champ now too. We can't pull that on people anymore. now it's 15 straight playoffs or 5 NC appearances in last 11 years.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM

Yes. xlolx

nevadagriz
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Mcneese 75 we deserve the home playoff games that we get sorry we keep winning! I guess we are just the energizer bunny of FCS we keep winning and winning........................

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Simple, we want you OUT of Wash/Griz.

I have a question: has McNeese EVER won a road game in postseason play (this includes national championships) xcoffeex

ASUdrummer
November 18th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just because it would be glorious to see App come into Montana and win for the first time...It's a historically tough place to win so it'd be nice to get a W there. Probably more so than anywhere else in the bracket (But that's only because we own The Rock xthumbsupx ).

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just because it would be glorious to see App come into Montana and win for the first time...It's a historically tough place to win so it'd be nice to get a W there. Probably more so than anywhere else in the bracket (But that's only because Georgia Southern owns The Rock xthumbsupx ).

Fixed.

xpopcornx

james_lawfirm

GrizSD:

I interpreted the earlier post as a dig at your blowing someone "out of the water" comment. His point, as I interpreted it, was that UM was landlocked and home to no large bodies of water. If that was not his point, and if I completely missed it, then to quote Roseann Rosanna-danna, then "NEVER MIND."

But, back on topic, if ASU travels to Montana, then I'll be there - whenever that is. I hope I can count on that hospitality that the Griz I have met have promised - both before and after the game.

ASUdrummer

The above post is for this quote.

McNeeserocket
November 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I have a question: has McNeese EVER won a road game in postseason play (this includes national championships) xcoffeex

The answer to your question is yes. Here are the ones I remember without looking it up on historical references.

In 1997, after little ole McNeese beat great big Montana in Lake Charles in the first round, McNeese went on the road to beat Western Illinois in the quarter final game in freezing icy weather and then went on the road to beat Delaware in the semi final game. We then played Youngstown State for the National Championship Game and lost 10 to 9 in a heartbreaker.

I also found the following from 1993 First round game: McNeese St. 23, Idaho 20 (Moscow, Id.)

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 12:36 PM
to be the best you must beat the best so bring them all on

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2007, 12:50 PM

None of the above. It's about revenge for me. I was a sophomore in 2000 when you guys beat us at Wash-Griz in OT in the National Semifinals. Since then, I have wanted us to play you guys. Who knows if we would win, most people who go to Wash-Griz don't, but I'd be happy for the chance.

MSU_77
November 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I predict that Montana will lose in the first round at home. xcoolx

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I predict that Montana will lose in the first round at home. xcoolxFunny, I was thinking the same thing about McNeese. xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I predict that Montana will lose in the first round at home. xcoolx

You probably said the same thing last year. xrolleyesx xcoolx

HaveFunKc
November 18th, 2007, 01:00 PM

I wouldn't say everyone calls it that... There's the saying, "To be the best, you gotta play the best." According to the polls, there are a few teams ranked better. This is the playoffs - put it on the field and play!

srgrizizen
November 18th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Congrats to ALL the teams that make the playoffs. With a 12 game schedule and 6 wins required to be bowl eligible, someday 118 BCS teams should all go 6 - 6 and then try to sort out the NC and bowl picture! xlolx

And in FCS, 15 of 16 playoff teams are going to end their season with a loss, so any of you salivating all year for a UM loss have excellent prospects if that is all it takes to make you happy. But you're going to look pretty stupid if you come on here to gloat about it if it isn't even your team that takes the Griz out. xnonox

DaGriz
November 18th, 2007, 01:27 PM

I don't have a problem with that. I watched UNI, SIU and Umass this year and thought the same thing. Over rated. It's hard to tell on tv though. I thought the same thing with Umass last year and then they beat us at home. Thank goodness it's settled on the field. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

alexale23
November 18th, 2007, 01:31 PM
ASUDRUMMER
"(But that's only because we own The Rock )"

I thought Georgia Southern stole THE ROCK when they came in there.

ab4app
November 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Once again, every game will be tough, regardless of who is favored doesnt mean a thing.If anything I would want to be an underdog in the playoffs, ITS THE PLAYOFFS, and UM is undefeated, we lost 2 games when they found a way to win the close ones. Lets not make our selves look bad with all kinds of talk like this. SOS and all that stuff is out the window, its game time and 16 teams will be doin their best to bring it, cause its do or die time. With all that said, Go appsxnodx

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 01:50 PM
1. Most of all I from what I saw last night, I think or match up would favor us better if we faced UM vs McNeese(seen them in person and on the tube), UNI (seen on the tube), SIU( seen on the tube) , Or even UMass(Seen on the tube 3 times).

2. We still owe you.xsmiley_wix

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 01:52 PM
1. Most of all I from what I saw last night, I think or match up would favor us better if we faced UM vs McNeese(seen them in person and on the tube), UNI (seen on the tube), SIU( seen on the tube) , Or even UMass(Seen on the tube 3 times).

2. We still owe you.xsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex Tell us something new GreatAppSt.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 02:17 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex Tell us something new GreatAppSt.

Whatever ya say Newb.:)

BigApp
November 18th, 2007, 02:35 PM
forget it GAS, those tough eeker wins against the School of the Mines, Western Montana Tech and Fort Lewis prove the Grazz are the team to beat!