November 18th, 2007, 10:44 AM
here are the overall reasons why UNH should make the playoffs

Quality wins-
at FBS Marshall up 24-0 at half win by 13
Vs. Delaware up 35-10 in 4th w/ out santos who left in 1st quarter Won 35-30
at Hofstra won 40-3 at the time they were undefeated

losses-
At JMU
At Richmond* keep in mind three of first four were.....at JMU at Marshall at Richmond
vs. Northeastern in hurricane
at Umass

GPI of 7

Ricky Santos speaks for itself-
last years walter payton winner
3rd all time in FCS / FBS td passes
runs one of the best offenses in FCS
arguable best QB ever in FCS
would be a hell of a lot better QB to wacth then Norfolk state or Nova or other possibles
Any team in the playoffs would not want to face New Hampshire in first round

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I think losing to Northeastern in any weather hurts you.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry. I just don't see UNH getting in.

DB_Atlantic10
November 18th, 2007, 10:54 AM
As much as I would love to see the Wildcats get in....it's just not going to happen....with 7 wins. The committee will not open that can of worms....xrulesx

TexasTerror
November 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
As much as I would love to see the Wildcats get in....it's just not going to happen....with 7 wins. The committee will not open that can of worms....xrulesx

So you think Norfolk State, Alabama A&M, San Diego, Dayton or Albany will get in over UNH?

santosballnewhampshire
November 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM
So you think Norfolk State, Alabama A&M, San Diego, Dayton or Albany will get in over UNH?

Exactly right, UNH gets in over all of those teams with ease.

santosballnewhampshire
November 18th, 2007, 11:04 AM
hey Darrieus Ramsey how do you explain montana state getting in last year? they had a D1 win and a bad loss

and FYI you are a horribel corner i've seen you play gain some wieght or something

DB_Atlantic10
November 18th, 2007, 11:05 AM
So you think Norfolk State, Alabama A&M, San Diego, Dayton or Albany will get in over UNH? It does not matter what I think....the committee just will not open that can of worms... I think this will be the 16 field...

Big Sky
Montana 8-0 11-0
Eastern Washington 6-2 8-3

CAA
Massachusetts 7-1 9-2
Richmond 7-1 9-2
James Madison 6-2 8-3
Delaware 5-3 8-3

Gateway
Northern Iowa 6-0 10-0
Southern Illinois 5-1 10-1

Mid-Eastern Athletic
Delaware State 9-0 10-1
Norfolk State 7-2 8-3

Ohio Valley
Eastern Kentucky 8-0 9-2
Eastern Illinois 7-1 8-3

Patriot
Fordham 5-1 8-3

Southern
Wofford 5-2 8-3
Appalachian State 5-2 9-2

Southland
McNeese State 5-0 9-0

As long as the top 14 teams are in, the rest is just gravy....

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 11:05 AM
hey Darrieus Ramsey how do you explain montana state getting in last year? they had a D1 win and a bad loss

and FYI you are a horribel corner i've seen you play gain some wieght or something

uncalled for smack. Come on people. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Norfolk at 8-3 would be a possibility. Villanova could also get in over UNH based on finishing higher is the standings in the CAA than UNH.

DB_Atlantic10
November 18th, 2007, 11:18 AM

For your info that's my son and I don't know where this came from, but you are way out of line on this one...and that's all I have to say on that!!

SkinsWizDukes
November 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM
So UNH should get in the playoffs because Ricky Santos is their QB?

aust42
November 18th, 2007, 11:21 AM
UNH is probably better than the a quarter of the teams most likely to make the playoffs, but the committee will not pick 5 teams out of the CAA, especially with four losses.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 18th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I think it comes down to the 5th team from the CAA thing.

I don't think they'll take a 7-4 team as the 5th team from a conference.
There was a world of debate that an 8-3 team should not make it as the 5th team.

Do I agree with it? No.
I think conference standings and affiliation should not come into the "at large" talk. I just think it will.

ChickenMan
November 18th, 2007, 11:35 AM
It does not matter what I think....the committee just will not open that can of worms... I think this will be the 16 field...

Big Sky
Montana 8-0 11-0

CAA
Massachusetts 7-1 9-2
Richmond 7-1 9-2
James Madison 6-2 8-3
Delaware 5-3 8-3

Gateway
Northern Iowa 6-0 10-0

Mid-Eastern Athletic
Delaware State 9-0 10-1
Norfolk State 7-2 8-3

Ohio Valley
Eastern Kentucky 8-0 9-2
Eastern Illinois 7-1 8-3

Patriot
Fordham 5-1 8-3

Southern
Wofford 5-2 8-3

Southland
McNeese State 5-0 9-0

I agree.. those will be the 16 playoff teams.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 11:38 AM
It does not matter what I think....the committee just will not open that can of worms... I think this will be the 16 field...

Big Sky
Montana 8-0 11-0

CAA
Massachusetts 7-1 9-2
Richmond 7-1 9-2
James Madison 6-2 8-3
Delaware 5-3 8-3

Gateway
Northern Iowa 6-0 10-0

Mid-Eastern Athletic
Delaware State 9-0 10-1
Norfolk State 7-2 8-3

Ohio Valley
Eastern Kentucky 8-0 9-2
Eastern Illinois 7-1 8-3

Patriot
Fordham 5-1 8-3

Southern
Wofford 5-2 8-3

Southland
McNeese State 5-0 9-0

That would avoid all the "7-win" controversy.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I'd agree. If the committee does not want to take the best eight teams, then they'll take Norfolk State, Albany or Dayton. If they do, they'll take 'Nova or UNH, IMO. We'll see how it turns out. Even as a UNH fan, everything about 'Nova's resume seems like a more solid bet than UNH. It looks grim.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 18th, 2007, 11:45 AM
So UNH should get in the playoffs because Ricky Santos is their QB?

I'm not sure if a marquee enters into the discussion.
That would be a good question for the waves show.

JALMOND
November 18th, 2007, 11:59 AM
here are the overall reasons why UNH should make the playoffs

Quality wins-
at FBS Marshall up 24-0 at half win by 13
Vs. Delaware up 35-10 in 4th w/ out santos who left in 1st quarter Won 35-30
at Hofstra won 40-3 at the time they were undefeated

losses-
At JMU
At Richmond* keep in mind three of first four were.....at JMU at Marshall at Richmond
vs. Northeastern in hurricane
at Umass

GPI of 7

Ricky Santos speaks for itself-
last years walter payton winner
3rd all time in FCS / FBS td passes
runs one of the best offenses in FCS
arguable best QB ever in FCS
would be a hell of a lot better QB to wacth then Norfolk state or Nova or other possibles
Any team in the playoffs would not want to face New Hampshire in first round

Marshall---an FBS win, yes, but hardly a quality win.
Hofstra---not a quality win (Furman win no longer a quality win, 1-4 in the last five games)
Northeastern---a loss is still a loss (the Herman Edwards quote "you play to win the game")

New Hampshire does not get in.

blueballs
November 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM
UNH doesn't get in for the same reason GSU doesn't get in - 4 losses.

Maybe UNH and GSU could play a "consolation" game... there might be over 100 points scored.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Well, UNH has 7 DI wins, so I wouldn't compare the two. The committee has taken a 7 DI win team before, so it's not unthinkable, particularly since it seems clear the two teams with 7DI wins in Nova and UNh are much better than the other options.

Tilldog40
November 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM
No team should make the playoffs with 4 conference loses. Thats just a joke. I don't want to hear that you lost to NU in bad weather. You got smoked and ran all over. I'm sick of UNH fans bitching, your not good enough for the playoffs.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 01:28 PM
UNH doesn't get in for the same reason GSU doesn't get in - 4 losses.

Maybe UNH and GSU could play a "consolation" game... there might be over 100 points scored.
GSU is not getting in because of the only 6 Div I wins, had that game been against an FCS team, there would be no argument a 7-4 GSU with 7 Div I wins would have been the team in no argument.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm sick of people saying we're "bitching". We're simply pointing out the facts of our resume, which appear better than most of those we're comparing them to. I am on record as thinking 'Nova has a better resume, but you are not precluded from the discussion with 4 conference losses...

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
No team should make the playoffs with 4 conference loses. Thats just a joke. I don't want to hear that you lost to NU in bad weather. You got smoked and ran all over. I'm sick of UNH fans bitching, your not good enough for the playoffs.

What does it matter whether the losses came in- or out-of-conference? Would UNH's 7-4 be better if they'd beaten Northeastern and lost to Dartmouth instead? How about Iona ? Or what if they traded their win over FBS Marshall for another conference win? If Northeastern happened not to be in the CAA would it have been more acceptable for UNH to lose to them?

eaglewraith
November 18th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Georgia Southern has more quality wins honestly.

We own:
Road win against App at the Rock (Conference Champion)
Road win against Wofford (Conference Autobid)
Win against SDSU (Conference Champion)

Also it's looking like App may be seeded which means we beat a seeded team. SDSU should be ranked in the next poll which means all of our quality wins are in the top 25 and 2 of them over playoff bound teams.

Hofstra at the time may have been undefeated but at the end of the season it doesn't matter.
Marshall is crap honestly.
Delaware, you didn't score any points after Santos went out which makes you more of a one man show than us.

Losing to Northeastern in bad weather is an excuse, because the team that beat you played in that same bad weather and found a way. As some people have said on here about Payton Candidates...they find a way to win.

Not having 7 D1 wins doesn't mean we're out, we have a more impressive resume of any of the teams fighting for that last spot. Yea our chance is slim, but so is any of the remaining teams. If we don't make it in, I expect Nova to take it. Yesterday I was thinking UNH, but since you think your team is God's gift to 1-AA I hope you're sitting at home same as us if we don't make it.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 03:12 PM
What the hell is Coulson smoking. He jsut said he didnt think UNH even played a tough schedule this year.

@James Madison
@Marshall
@Massachusetts
@Richmond
Delaware
@Hofstra
Dartmouth
Iona
Rhode Island
Northeastern
Maine

That maybe the toughest CAA schedule this year.... keep smoking Coulson -_-

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 03:23 PM
What the hell is Coulson smoking. He jsut said he didnt think UNH even played a tough schedule this year.

@James Madison
@Marshall
@Massachusetts
@Richmond
Delaware
@Hofstra
Dartmouth
Iona
Rhode Island
Northeastern
Maine

That maybe the toughest CAA schedule this year.... keep smoking Coulson -_-

Yeah, I didn't understand that comment at all. There are arguments for why UNH maybe shouldn't have gotten in, but the quality of the schedule is not one of them.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 03:26 PM
UNH is getting trashed on Waves, basically...possibly rightfully so, but this team will come to play.

WildCat In The Hat
November 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM

Yo Tilldog-how's Rhode Island treating you??
Open mouth-insert jock (if you've ever owned one).

xpeacex

back2back
November 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM
It's good to see that the committee put Santos indoors. This is worse than the BCS. How can a team with 4 conference losses get in to a 16 team field? Does the committee really think they can win 4 games and be national champions with that resume? What a stunner UD vs D State did ESPN or the committee set up these games and down the road match-ups.

Eyes of Old Main
November 18th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Personally, I though Villanova was more qualified if you want 5 CAA teams, but had it been my choice, I probably would have put Norfolk State in there. But, that being said, the committee has spoken and New Hampshire is in and will get there chance.

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's good to see that the committee put Santos indoors. This is worse than the BCS. How can a team with 4 conference losses get in to a 16 team field? Does the committee really think they can win 4 games and be national champions with that resume? What a stunner UD vs D State did ESPN or the committee set up these games and down the road match-ups.

Eric Sanders > Ricky Santos

Sorry, but it's true.

clearthinker
November 18th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Georgia Southern has more quality wins honestly.

We own:
Road win against App at the Rock (Conference Champion)
Road win against Wofford (Conference Autobid)
Win against SDSU (Conference Champion)

Also it's looking like App may be seeded which means we beat a seeded team. SDSU should be ranked in the next poll which means all of our quality wins are in the top 25 and 2 of them over playoff bound teams.

Hofstra at the time may have been undefeated but at the end of the season it doesn't matter.
Marshall is crap honestly.
Delaware, you didn't score any points after Santos went out which makes you more of a one man show than us.Losing to Northeastern in bad weather is an excuse, because the team that beat you played in that same bad weather and found a way. As some people have said on here about Payton Candidates...they find a way to win.

Not having 7 D1 wins doesn't mean we're out, we have a more impressive resume of any of the teams fighting for that last spot. Yea our chance is slim, but so is any of the remaining teams. If we don't make it in, I expect Nova to take it. Yesterday I was thinking UNH, but since you think your team is God's gift to 1-AA I hope you're sitting at home same as us if we don't make it.

Not to be disrespectful--but when Santos got hurt against Delaware the score was 7-3 The backup Toman enginnered 4 TD's to get to 35 points

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ricky Santos>Any QB in FCS. Period.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Eric Sanders > Ricky Santos

Sorry, but it's true.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHFan99
November 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Eric Sanders is very good, but Ricky is Ricky. He has won with what everyone seems to think is a weak team. His first two years as a starter he had more help from his defense, but the last two years UNH is not even in the playoff picture without him. Probably not over .500 with the injuries this season he has carried them.