PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Grizzlies

catbob
November 18th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Congrats on coming into Bozeman and playing a near flawless game. You had a good gameplan, everyone executed well, and you took it to us. I don't know what was up with our prevent secondary, we sure didn't make Berquist have to make many hard throws. :( We actually played fairly well offensively, but I was really surprised to see the Griz roll through our defense so easily. It's just too bad the Griz scored twice in the last four minutes, I felt the game was closer than the 21 point margin.

The Griz are deserving of their #3 ranking. Everyone says the Sky is weak this year, but I just think it is a rebuilding year with 4 new head coaches. But the Griz did what a top 5 team would do in that situation - beat everyone, including playoff bound EWU.

Congrats on a great season Griz.

Oh and the reason I am not posting this on egriz is, surprise, it is down this morning. :)

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks Catbob! Looking forward to having you in our house next year! You guys fought hard and made it a good Brawl xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Congrats Griz on a perfect "11" on the regular season. xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 10:42 AM
It wouldn't have been possible without Danny boy. Thankyou Carpenter!!!

kalm
November 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Not to mention that wins caps 2 straight seasons undefeated in conference. Great job. xthumbsupx

griz37
November 18th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks Catbob & Kalm xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks Catbob and kalm also. The Cat/Griz game was much closer than the final score.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM
AZGrizFan's Big Adventure:

Had to get my daughter to a dance recital yesterday a.m., about 45 minutes away. Fortunately, had arranged to have someone ELSE pick her up, so Mrs. AZGriz and I could go to Dukes in Scottsdale with 400 of our closest friends and watch the game. Planned on being there about 11:00 for a 12:30 kickoff....no problem, right? xcoolx

Had to go BACK home to pick up my son (who then decided he didn't want to go). So, this put us somewhat behind schedule, and we ended up not getting to Dukes until about 11:35. No problem, right? xcoolx xcoolx

Unfortunately, someone (I'm guessin' other businesses in Duke's strip mall) called the fire department, who then showed up and did a head count. When we got there, there was a line of about 100 people waiting to get in, and they were issuing wristbands....no wristband, no entry. After waiting in line for about 15 minutes, the owner of the bar comes out and announces: "we're full, we're shut down, no more entry!" This leaves about 100 people standing in the sun, no game, no tv, kickoff in 30 minutes.... xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

We jump BACK into our car (leaving the rest of our party who'd already gotten in at Dukes) and head to R.T. O'Sullivans in Mesa, about 6 miles away, which is ALSO having a UM/MSU party. Get there juuuuust before kickoff, then have to sit with a bunch of people I don't know lamenting a crappy first half by my Griz. On a positive note, met some really cool Bobcat fans there, and we had a fairly good time.

As halftime neared, I called my party back at Dukes, and was informed they were now flowing freely in and out (apparently enough people had left)...so after the Griz pick on MSU's first interception and subsequent touchdown, we left O'Sullivans with the Griz up 20-14. Got BACK to Dukes and the score was still 20-14.... xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

At Dukes, the rest of my part had ALSO met some cool Bobcat fans (including CatGal on bobcatnation--she is ONE COOL LADY, and has a VERY hot daughter!!!), and we proceeded to get snotslingin' drunk with them, staying until well after the game was over!

All in all, a very interesting day! Griz win (of course), met some nice Bobcat fans (who knew??) and saw the greater Phoenix valley from one end to the other!!!

Congrats Griz, and congrats Bobcats....Ash will serve you well---- xnodx xnodx xnodx

Green26
November 18th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I think egriz.com plans to get a new and better server this week, and thus (hopefully) fix the recent problem resulting in it being down at times. It's the heavy usage that's taking it down. 160,000 page views per day or something like that in recent days, I heard.

Bronco
November 18th, 2007, 11:36 AM
It was definitely closer than final score.
cats played hard.
Having a rival game the last game of the year makes this the 1st playoff game.

http://www.missoulian.com/content/articles/2007/11/18/sports/sports01.jpg

MTGrizzFan
November 18th, 2007, 11:39 AM
thanks for the compliments guys.

Green26
November 18th, 2007, 11:50 AM
First downs were 27 to 11.

Time of possession was 36:20 to 23:40.

Third down conversions were 11-19 to 3-11.

Total offense was 496 to 356.

Turnovers were 0 to 2.

UM pretty much took control in the second half, starting with an interception on the first play of the half. Of course, things could have shifted towards MSU if various things/plays had gone the other way for both teams.

UM lead in total offense in the first half, but was down 13-14 at the half.

MSU's offense was largely 3 or 4 bigger pass plays, most of which from boot leg when the MSU qb got outside of contain and eventually found open receivers. The MSU qb make terrific plays and throws on each of these big plays.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
First downs were 27 to 11.

Time of possession was 36:20 to 23:40.

Third down conversions were 11-19 to 3-11.

Total offense was 496 to 356.

Turnovers were 0 to 2.

UM pretty much took control in the second half, starting with an interception on the first play of the half. Of course, things could have shifted towards MSU if various things/plays had gone the other way for both teams.

UM lead in total offense in the first half, but was down 13-14 at the half.

MSU's offense was largely 3 or 4 bigger pass plays, most of which from boot leg when the MSU qb got outside of contain and eventually found open receivers. The MSU qb make terrific plays and throws on each of these big plays.

Very similar to the NAU game. 1/3 of the other team's offense comes on 3-4 plays. The defense MUST find a way to eliminate these 3-4 big plays per game. They won't have the luxury of being able to score 40 in the playoffs... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

catbob
November 18th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I was impressed with the fact that only one (?) personal foul was called, on a iffy late hit out of bonds against the Cats. Overall, it was a very good, clean, hard-fought football game. Pretty unusual for a Brawl, actually.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I was impressed with the fact that only one (?) personal foul was called, on a iffy late hit out of bonds against the Cats. Overall, it was a very good, clean, hard-fought football game. Pretty unusual for a Brawl, actually.

That late hit should not have been called! THat is for sure. And when I saw the trophy, I was reminded of a pile of s**t.

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 12:08 PM

I thought that too. MSU played with class even when the game was out of reach and kept fighting hard. The only time I was not impressed was when Eric Allen hauled in the TD to go up 27-14 - he got the ball at about the 8 yardline and just basically walked in - the Bobcat CB just stopped running and watched him cross. To be honest, I didn't really like how EA acted at that point either.

Good Brawl this year.

CrazyCat
November 18th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Good job Griz.

"Montana is a really good football team, and I'm impressed," Ash said. "They're well-coached. They're big and strong and tough, and they executed well. They did a terrific job (today). I have no doubt that they are a deserving national contender. They'll do well in the playoffs.

"What Montana has is a program," he said. "They're not a football team; they're a program. I mean that in a positive way. They are solid all the way through. That is something that we can shoot for and build here, too."

http://bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2007/11/18/sports/30cnockaert.txt

One thing about this years game was the absence of taunting, personal fouls, and idiotic behavior. Both teams played the game as it should be.

Good luck in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

Griz0383
November 18th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I was impressed with the speed of the Cat Defense! the slippery field may have slowed them a tad!

JALMOND
November 18th, 2007, 12:15 PM
What is going on???!!!! Cats and Griz being civil??? Cat fans and Griz fans watching the game at the same bar and no fights?

My gosh, who let in a bunch of sheep.:D Maybe I'll go to the smack thread.xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I thought that too. MSU played with class even when the game was out of reach and kept fighting hard. The only time I was not impressed was when Eric Allen hauled in the TD to go up 27-14 - he got the ball at about the 8 yardline and just basically walked in - the Bobcat CB just stopped running and watched him cross. To be honest, I didn't really like how EA acted at that point either.

Good Brawl this year.

After watching EA against NAU, and now against MSU, I've become convinced that he is a punk. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Congrats to the Griz on the conference title, undefeated season and probable seed. Doing it consistently for so many years is quite a feat in itself.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 12:17 PM
After watching EA against NAU, and now against MSU, I've become convinced that he is a punk. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

I don't think EA tries as hard as the other receivers. he kind of half A$$'s it during the game. It makes me mad. But ya gotta like MIKE FERRITER. He is by far the most reliable receiver.

catbob
November 18th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'll always be mad at the personal foul call against Kenneth Qualls in Bozeman 2003 when he returned that INT for a TD and dove into the endzone. Flag a defensive player for scoring a TD during the biggest game of the year. Argh!

I didn't like EA just waltzing into the endzone holding the ball like that, but I expect these kinds of things at Cat/Griz. But if he is like that all the time, that is a different story.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'll always be mad at the personal foul call against Kenneth Qualls in Bozeman 2003 when he returned that INT for a TD and dove into the endzone. Flag a defensive player for scoring a TD during the biggest game of the year. Argh!

I didn't like EA just waltzing into the endzone holding the ball like that, but I expect these kinds of things at Cat/Griz. But if he is like that all the time, that is a different story.

catbob---at the Griz/NAU game I watched him absolutely QUIT on three balls that were thrown to him....he just assumed he wasn't getting the ball, and ran "randy moss-like" routes, if you know what I mean.... xmadx

catbob
November 18th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Ah. That's no good then. He is definitely a talent.

GrizzlyBill
November 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the good word, CatBob. The Cats were very much in the game until the 4th Q. I expect a stronger campaign from you guys next year.

srgrizizen
November 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes, Bobcat fans. But why does everybody talk about the MSU offense consisting of a handful of great throws by Rolovich? Was I the only one watching the superquick Cat RB rip off one 10 yd + run after another? You can't overpower the Griz D-line, and you certainly can't go wide, but those quick hitters up the middle look like a real sore spot if you have speed like that guy.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I have to say I was AMAZED when my former college roommate and I rePARDed to a local watering hole in Easton PA after the Lafayette win over Lehigh and there was a viewing party for the Montana-MSU!! Ironically, he saw a friend from work who is a MSU grad and I have a good friend who was at home office in Portland OR when I worked for Hanna Carwash Systems who was a Bobcat. There were about thirty folks there! I said hello to the MSU alum organizer and my friend visited with his co-worker and wife. Who would have thought that in the Lehigh Valley??

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I have to say I was AMAZED when my former college roommate and I rePARDed to a local watering hole in Easton PA after the Lafayette win over Lehigh and there was a viewing party for the Montana-MSU!! Ironically, he saw a friend from work who is a MSU grad and I have a good friend who was at home office in Portland OR when I worked for Hanna Carwash Systems who was a Bobcat. There were about thirty folks there! I said hello to the MSU alum organizer and my friend visited with his co-worker and wife. Who would have thought that in the Lehigh Valley??

Today the Lehigh Valley, tomorrow, THE WORLD!!!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Woohoo Griz!

I had the BEST time cheering on my favorite team Saturday and I can't wait to go all the way! (...to the national championship, of course!)

You know what I like the best about the Brawl of the Wild? No matter where you are, you can find a gathering of Griz fans and Cat fans who ultimately are just Montana fans! We're everywhere, lurking in the most unsuspecting places!

Don't get me wrong. I never would have married a Cat fan, as that's just wrong, but I am learning I can actually be friends with one or two.

As I tell my friends, if you're not from Montana, you just don't get it. Or maybe you just don't get it often enough!

(I'm talking football here boys, so keep your minds out of the gutter).

GO GRIZ!!!
xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Woohoo Griz!

I had the BEST time cheering on my favorite team Saturday and I can't wait to go all the way! (...to the national championship, of course!)

You know what I like the best about the Brawl of the Wild? No matter where you are, you can find a gathering of Griz fans and Cat fans who ultimately are just Montana fans! We're everywhere, lurking in the most unsuspecting places!

Don't get me wrong. I never would have married a Cat fan, as that's just wrong, but I am learning I can actually be friends with one or two.

As I tell my friends, if you're not from Montana, you just don't get it. Or maybe you just don't get it often enough!

(I'm talking football here boys, so keep your minds out of the gutter).

GO GRIZ!!!
xsmiley_wix

Can I get in the gutter with you? xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

grizband
November 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM
To give you an idea, here is a picture from the Montana Alumni Association website of every state that has at least one satellite party for Cat/Griz:

http://www.umontanaalumni.org/images/cms///UMsatelliteparties.jpg

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM
To give you an idea, here is a picture from the Montana Alumni Association website of every state that has at least one satellite party for Cat/Griz:

http://www.umontanaalumni.org/images/cms///UMsatelliteparties.jpg

Yeah, that doesn't do it justice. There were 5 in Arizona alone. They should put marks on the actual cities...xnodx xnodx

On an odd side note: Don't you find it interesting there are no satellite parties IN Montana?

grizband
November 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, that doesn't do it justice. There were 5 in Arizona alone. They should put marks on the actual cities...xnodx xnodx

On an odd side note: Don't you find it interesting there are no satellite parties IN Montana?
There are 73 total parties listed on the UM website. That doesn't include any Cat sponsored parties.

Walkon79
November 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM

Almost makes me want to move out of the LAST Best Place, (Almost). The satellite parties all over the country sound like a blast!!

Walkon79
November 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
We don't need satellite parties in-state. Every bar in Montana has the game on already.

grizband
November 18th, 2007, 08:59 PM
We don't need satellite parties in-state. Every bar in Montana has the game on already.
Every establishment has the game on, period. I saw the game on TVs in Verizon and Chinook Wireless (cell phone company) in the mall yesterday.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM

Yeah, but the gettogether is half the fun! I realize you could walk into any bar and watch the game, but someone should organize an actual party....if you did that, the pain of constantly losing to the Griz would be softened by the tears of your fellow cat fans each year.... ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but the gettogether is half the fun! I realize you could walk into any bar and watch the game, but someone should organize an actual party....if you did that, the pain of constantly losing to the Griz would be softened by the tears of your fellow cat fans each year.... ;)

AZ, you are starting to show some Eric Allen style tendencies here. The Thread title is "Congratulations Grizzlies."

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Can I get in the gutter with you? xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Only if you don't mind getting realllllly dirty...xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Only if you don't mind getting realllllly dirty...xnodx

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

:o :o

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 10:03 PM
The one I went to was not even an official satellite party. I just showed up to a bar (on the UO campus mind you) and there were about 10-12 Griz fans and 5 Bobcats. It was one of the best times I've ever had. Didn't have to pay for a drink the whole time (Griz or Cat). Awesome.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I love that about being from Montana!
I don't think I ever paid for a drink when I lived there.

Even now, I've never met a Montanan I didn't drink with!

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM

Exactly.

It's so funny how Montanans get so excited when they're out of state and see another MT plate on a care and try to figure out the county.

The satellite/away game parties are a blast because everyone is family. I think the late great Norman McLean put it best: "The world is full of bastards. The number rapidly increasing the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."

Welcome to AGS btw.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM

OK fellas, we've got proof.

SHE'S HOT.

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 10:24 PM
OK fellas, we've got proof.

SHE'S HOT.

That is a very very good point.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I think the late great Norman McLean put it best: "The world is full of bastards. The number rapidly increasing the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."

QUOTE]

Gotta love Norman. What's funny is that people actually think it's a story about flyfishing.

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I think the late great Norman McLean put it best: "The world is full of bastards. The number rapidly increasing the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."

QUOTE]

Gotta love Norman. What's funny is that people actually think it's a story about flyfishing.

You are right, it is so much more.

People always talk about the movie which is great, but I always recommend to them to read the last paragraph of "A River Runs Through It," which contains a philopsophy that I will keep with me for the rest of my life.

I must say GG intellectual talk around all the immature BS on this board is refreshing xcoffeex

;)

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM

People always talk about the movie which is great, but I always recommend to them to read the last paragraph of "A River Runs Through It," which contains a philopsophy that I will keep with me for the rest of my life.

I must say GG intellectual talk around all the immature BS on this board is refreshing xcoffeex

;)

I agree...speaking of immature BS I used the ignore feature for the first time today xthumbsupx Give you two guesses who it was but you'll probably only need one xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM

;)

Intellectual talk is overrated, DDG. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 10:44 PM
When I lived in Alaska, I would watch the GRIZ/Cat game on satellite at the Peanut Factory bar and grill. Both schools had their respective Anchorage Alumni Clubs there and they would decorate the entire place in their school colors and it was PACKED. Great fun.

Oh, congriz Griz.xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I agree...speaking of immature BS I used the ignore feature for the first time today xthumbsupx Give you two guesses who it was but you'll probably only need one xlolx

Me? xcoolx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM
When I lived in Alaska, I would watch the GRIZ/Cat game on satellite at the Peanut Factory bar and grill. Both schools had their respective Anchorage Alumni Clubs there and they would decorate the entire place in their school colors and it was PACKED. Great fun.

Oh, congriz Griz.xthumbsupx

btw, I'm glad you picked Wofford....Griz are guaranteed to win now!!! xnodx xnodx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Me? xcoolx

Exactly! :p xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Intellectual talk is overrated, DDG. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

I love it when I'm loved for my mind...

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Exactly! :p xsmiley_wix

bastard. xcoolx xnonox xnonox ;)