PDA

View Full Version : JMU ABOUT TO LOSE

blur2005
September 10th, 2005, 08:45 PM
JMU IS ABOUT TO LOSE

thirdgendin
September 10th, 2005, 08:46 PM
So JMU, Furman and GSU all do down tonight. Wow. The I-AA nation is changing rapidly.

blur2005
September 10th, 2005, 08:51 PM
JMU 27
CCU 31

Dammit to hell.

suffolkva
September 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Nice game. Wish I was at Brooks right now.

ccujacket
September 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Well, well, well. :nod:

SunCoastBlueHen
September 10th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Delaware is down by 2 tds with 8 min left. A changing of the guard in I-AA?

blur2005
September 10th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Props to CCU. They didn't give up when JMU got up 27-17 with 9 minutes left. I'd say JMU blew too many chances, and couldn't cover Simpson. JMU missed an XP, a FG, and on that last drive by Coastal, one of our DB's nearly picked off a pass, which would've won the game. Oh well. I know CCU will be in my top 25 next week.

JMU2004
September 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Hats off to CCU

JMU was beyond bad tonight...........we have no secondary or linebackers.

ill say this right now-----7-4 will be a good year for us

citdog
September 10th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I knew it all along. ;)

blur2005
September 10th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Hats off to CCU

That's laughable. There's no reason we can't respond to this loss in a good way. Then again, you might be right. We just need to not fall asleep. I'm not giving up on this season. There are 9 games left, so we could still go 10-1...or 7-4.

bodoyle
September 10th, 2005, 09:00 PM
CITDOG: you are our good luck charm!

umassfan
September 10th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Okay so I guess UMass's loss does not look as bad anymore... I feel much better.

Cocky
September 10th, 2005, 09:53 PM
I guess CCU can compete in the SOCON or any other league.

Congrats on the BIG win.

rokamortis
September 10th, 2005, 10:09 PM
That's laughable. There's no reason we can't respond to this loss in a good way. Then again, you might be right. We just need to not fall asleep. I'm not giving up on this season. There are 9 games left, so we could still go 10-1...or 7-4.

You are right. Build off of the loss - use it as a learning experience. It will humble your players but they may have needed it if they were still riding that NC. One loss does not count you out.

Coastal89
September 10th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Can we stop hearing about Newberry now?

skinny_uncle
September 10th, 2005, 11:03 PM
What was the name of that song? Oh, yeah.
"Another One Bites the Dust"
:beerchug:

JMU1992
September 10th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Wow. Furman, JMU and GSU alll losing on the same day. Not to mention UMass losing to Colgate. It's going to be an interseting season

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Can we stop hearing about Newberry now?
Not until you beat them. :p Congrats on a big win!

rokamortis
September 11th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Not until you beat them. :p Congrats on a big win!

Unfortunately - we are 1-1

JohnStOnge
September 11th, 2005, 12:39 AM
We learned that Coastal Carolina can indeed play with good teams from strong I-AA leagues. If they have another double-digit win season, I hope to see them make the playoffs and get their shot.

th0m
September 11th, 2005, 05:37 AM
You're right. Yesterday I was so extremely bummed last night, but now I feel that this indeed will whip our players like nothing else. Too bad that the next outing will be against Del State (I know we're not in the position to underestimate teams after last night), and after that a bye week. Hopefully Del State will be a confidence builder, but not one that will underestimate games after that, although I'm pretty sure we won't underestimate any A10 team. We'll see what happens @ Hoffy.

ChickenMan
September 11th, 2005, 06:17 AM
You're right. Yesterday I was so extremely bummed last night, but now I feel that this indeed will whip our players like nothing else. Too bad that the next outing will be against Del State (I know we're not in the position to underestimate teams after last night), and after that a bye week. Hopefully Del State will be a confidence builder, but not one that will underestimate games after that, although I'm pretty sure we won't underestimate any A10 team. We'll see what happens @ Hoffy.

I have a feeling that Del St may be a bit tougher than JMU fans expect. Their new coach... Al Lavan... in his second year has the Hornets playing pretty good football.

MadisonFootball
September 11th, 2005, 10:36 AM
The loss last night for the Dukes was needed badly. The attitude of JMU was we cannot be beat, and that needed to change. CCU is a good team and a team which I would love to meet again, say in the playoffs, which I think they proved last night that they belong in.

It is early in the season, and our A-10 play hasn't started yet, so predictions of how they will fare this season are a bit early.

Lapper
September 11th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Hats off to CCU

2004- It was a GREAT game played by two great teams. Your team was not weak at linebacker at all. Their speed stopped us almost everytime we tried to run the corners. We have some great WR that everybody chose to ignore. Your DB's were on them like white on rice, but our WR are THAT good. We are honostly not that bad of team that everyone thinks we are. We had a field day trying to stop your run. THAT's what is going to win the A-10 for you guys again. I have full confidence that the Dukes are going to come back from this loss because your other opponents will think you are no good because little ol' Coastal Carolina beat you.

The Gadfly
September 12th, 2005, 11:29 AM
2004- It was a GREAT game played by two great teams. Your team was not weak at linebacker at all. Their speed stopped us almost everytime we tried to run the corners. We have some great WR that everybody chose to ignore. Your DB's were on them like white on rice, but our WR are THAT good. We are honostly not that bad of team that everyone thinks we are. We had a field day trying to stop your run. THAT's what is going to win the A-10 for you guys again. I have full confidence that the Dukes are going to come back from this loss because your other opponents will think you are no good because little ol' Coastal Carolina beat you.

:nod: DITTO :nod: