PDA

View Full Version : McNeese beats UCA 41 to 14 to stay Undefeated

McNeeserocket
November 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM
McNeese win gives McNeese its first undefeated season since 1995. McNeese picks up its 12th Conference Championship and 5th in this decade.

Bryan Smith did not play tonight but should return for the playoffs. Other injured players should be back for playoffs. Happy days in Lake Charles are here after lots of trauma in 2005 from Hurricane Rita. These Seniors deserve this year after a lot of adversity in 2004, 2005 and 2006.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Congrats McNeese xthumbsupx round out the three undefeated teams for the year...see ya in the playoffs!

CowboyUp
November 17th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I agree. It's a testament to these guys going through so much adversity, and coming back from a horrible start to win the Southland title last year. How fitting would it be to win the national championship this year after all they have been through. As freshman, you have to endure the 2004 debacle, definately the worst McNeese team ever. 2005 you have to deal with the adversity of Hurricane Rita and being away from your own home for several weeks during the season. 2006 you deal with a 1-3 start and your head coach gets fired. You come back from the deal to win 5 straight, make the playoffs, and win the Southland title. 2007, you go 11-0 and win the Southland title outright. These guys have showed their character throughout the season and I can honestly say I am so proud of them. This has been a fun season. Even with all the injuries they have never missed a beat. GO COWBOYS!!

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Congrats McNeese. Excited to be in the playoffs with ya!