PDA

View Full Version : Filling Out Your Brackets

TexasTerror
November 17th, 2007, 11:35 PM
My projections...eat'em up all you want, I'm sticking to them. Yes, I think a 7-4 UNH gets in...

Autos
Big Sky - Montana
CAA - UMass
Gateway - UNI
MEAC - Delaware State
OVC - Eastern Kentucky
Patriot - Fordham
Southern - Wofford
Southland - McNeese

At Larges:
Big Sky - Eastern Washington
CAA - Richmond, James Madison, Delaware, New Hampshire
Gateway - Southern Illinois
OVC - Eastern Illinois
Southern - Appalachian State

UNI (1) vs Eastern Illinois
Delaware St @ Delaware

UMass (4) vs Fordham
Richmond @ Appalachian State

McNeese (2) vs Eastern Washington
Eastern Kentucky @ Southern Illinois

Montana (3) vs New Hampshire
James Madison @ Wofford

FCS Go!
November 17th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I think you're right on if UNH is in...I just don't think that they'll be selected. Oh I would swap the OVC teams around- E. Illinois @ S. Illinois and so on.

patssle
November 17th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Poor playoff committe...they won't be able to match a SLC team with Montana this year.

OldTiredGriz
November 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM
The last team in is a real mystery to me at this point. There are lots of possibles, including a 5th CAA team, fortunately, in about 14.5 hours, we won't have to speculate any more. I think that Montana will get the #2 seed, but I'm not going to be griping if it goes to McNeese.

grizd
November 18th, 2007, 12:11 AM
I think you are close, but the Griz get the 2nd seed and host Nova rather than UNH.

UNI (1) vs Eastern Illinois
Delaware St @ Delaware FRIDAY GAME

UMass (4) vs Fordham
Richmond @ Appalachian State

McNeese (3) vs Eastern Washington

Montana (2) vs Nova
James Madison @ Wofford

Tribe4SF
November 18th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Stab in the dark.

EIU @ UNI (1)
DSU @ UD

EWU @ SIU (4)
Norfolk State @ Richmond

EKU @ Montana (2)
Fordham @ Umass

Wofford @ McNeese St. (3)
JMU @ App. St.

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Poor playoff committe...they won't be able to match a SLC team with Montana this year.

Yeah. Because the SLC was dreadful this year.

Tired of your crap dude.

75%
November 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM
1 UNI
2 Montana
3 McNeese
4 SIU

Villanova @ UNI
Fordham @ Umass
EKU @ Wofford
EIU @ SIU

Richmond @ Montana
JMU @ App St Friday game
Del St @ Delaware
EWU @ Mcneese

Cincy App
November 18th, 2007, 07:19 AM
The big questions are (a) who are the last two teams in the bracket (I have EIU and Norfolk St) and (b) who is the 4th seed. Anyway, my stab at the brackets is below:

EWU at #1 UNI
Delaware St at Delaware

JMU at #4 ASU
Norfolk St at Richmond

EIU at #2 Montana
Fordham at UMass

Wofford at McNeese St
SIU at EKU (home team is a tossup - $$)

Due to geography, the CAA has some soft first-round matchups. The above brackets have 5 first round bus trips. If SIU or UMass snare the 4th seed, I would still keep the same first round matchups but obviously their bracket locations would change. It also may be a stretch for the CAA to get 3 first-round home games.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I hope Eastern Ill gets to head downstate So IL

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I like the brackets that have JMU coming to us and not the ones with richmond... ur scares me a little... other wise looks good

nmatsen
November 18th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I think you're right on if UNH is in...I just don't think that they'll be selected. Oh I would swap the OVC teams around- E. Illinois @ S. Illinois and so on.

UNH is not in. Don't swap the OVC's. Eastern Illinois can drive to UNI and Easter Kentucky can drive to SIU.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Nothing like some Gateway-OVC Action

Khan4Cats
November 18th, 2007, 08:35 AM
My best stab at it. Not sure who will be #4 seed so put SIU and App St in same bracket. Chose Norfolk State as last team in over Nova and UNH due to a) 3 losses vs 5th team from a conference b) couldn't figure between Nova and UNH, I think UNH is better quality but went 4-4 while Nova was 5-3 in conference and couldn't see the committee jumping a team from their conference with a better conference record.

#1 UNI vs Norfolk State
Delaware vs Delaware State

#4 Appalachian State vs James Madison
Southern Illinois vs Eastern Kentucky

#2 Montana vs Eastern Illinois
Richmond vs Wofford

#3 McNeese State vs Eastern Washington
Masssachusetts vs Fordham

No seeded team plays an auto-bid. Essentially plays out as though top 8 are seeeded: UNI, Montana, McNeese, ASU, SIU, UMass, Richmond, Delaware/DSU.

Saluki_man
November 18th, 2007, 09:26 AM
UNH is not in. Don't swap the OVC's. Eastern Illinois can drive to UNI and Easter Kentucky can drive to SIU.

It depends on weather or not the committee considers 380 miles driving range (I thought their limit was 300, but I could be wrong). It is possible to send EIU to UNI (380 miles), and EKU to SIU (334 miles).

Sam Adams
November 18th, 2007, 09:36 AM
xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx I like those brackets!!!xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:38 AM

Actually, poor Montana. They won't be able to whoop up on a SLC team again this year. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JTCowboy
November 18th, 2007, 09:39 AM
The last team in is a real mystery to me at this point. There are lots of possibles, including a 5th CAA team, fortunately, in about 14.5 hours, we won't have to speculate any more. I think that Montana will get the #2 seed, but I'm not going to be griping if it goes to McNeese.

I predict Montana gets the #2 seed based on intangebles. xbowx If they would have struggled against the cats maybe it would be different. I do think that McNeese made a statement last night though. Even with all the injuries they pretty much brushed aside a respectable UCA team.xnodx

Dukie95
November 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I have Albany; not Norfolk St. or Nova. Here are the pairings...not sure how to do the full brackets. If it's Nova, they go to Montana, Fordham goes to UMass. If it's NSU, it messes the whole thing up.

Seeds..
EIU @ UNI
EKU @ SIU
EWU @ McNeese
Albany or Fordham @ Montana

The rest..
Albany or Fordham @ UMass
DSU @ UD
JMU @ App St
Wofford @ Richmond

Albany or Fordham to Montana is a toin coss, but UMass gets the other.

JTCowboy
November 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Actually, poor Montana. They won't be able to whoop up on a SLC team again this year. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You seem to only do that at your place. Better hope for that #2 seed so you can stay cozy at home. The Griz don't fair well on the road even in the SLC. Seems like if my numbers are correct that the grizz are 0-2 on the road against the SLC since 2000.:D

danefan
November 18th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I have Albany; not Norfolk St. or Nova. Here are the pairings...not sure how to do the full brackets. If it's Nova, they go to Montana, Fordham goes to UMass. If it's NSU, it messes the whole thing up.

Seeds..
EIU @ UNI
EKU @ SIU
EWU @ McNeese
Albany or Fordham @ Montana

The rest..
Albany or Fordham @ UMass
DSU @ UD
JMU @ App St
Wofford @ Richmond

Albany or Fordham to Montana is a toin coss, but UMass gets the other.

xthumbsupx Homerism or not, that is pretty close to what I have too.

The question is then whether the committee will send Albany back to Montana for the second time in a season. I think Alany will make the short 100 mile bus trip to UMass. And Fordham will end up at Richmand. Not sure how the rest would work out and I'm too tired to figure it out.

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 10:18 AM
You seem to only do that at your place. Better hope for that #2 seed so you can stay cozy at home. The Griz don't fair well on the road even in the SLC. Seems like if my numbers are correct that the grizz are 0-2 on the road against the SLC since 2000.:D

I'd LOVE to see Montana take us on in the Dome. We'd run them over. But I'll settle for running them into the ground in Chattanooga. xthumbsupx

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Nothing like some Gateway-OVC Action

We've enjoyed it.

TheValleyRaider
November 18th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Something a little different

Auto-Bids
Big Sky-Montana
CAA-Massachusetts
Gateway-Northern Iowa
MEAC-Delaware State
OVC-Eastern Kentucky
Patriot-Fordham
Southland-McNeese State
Southern-Wofford

At-Larges
Appalachian State
Delaware
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Washington
James Madison
Norfolk State
Richmond
Southern Illinois

Seeds
1-Northern Iowa
2-McNeese State
3-Montana
4-Southern Illinois

Brackets (Home team on Top)
1-Northern Iowa
Norfolk State

Delaware
Delaware State

4-Southern Illinois
Eastern Illinois

Massachusetts
Fordham

2-McNeese State
Eastern Washington

Appalachian State
Eastern Kentucky

3-Montana
James Madison

Richmond
Wofford

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I'd LOVE to see Montana take us on in the Dome. We'd run them over. But I'll settle for running them into the ground in Chattanooga. xthumbsupx

Don't claim victory just yet xsmiley_wix you act like you've already won the NC but there's a lot of football yet to play

Also I'd like to see EWU go to UNI in the first round I think they'll give them one he!! of a game

Mn_Moose
November 18th, 2007, 10:55 AM
No seeded team plays an auto-bid. Essentially plays out as though top 8 are seeeded: UNI, Montana, McNeese, ASU, SIU, UMass, Richmond, Delaware/DSU.

I don't understand how you can say that? You have UMass playing Fordham who is AQ.

UDChE89
November 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I don't understand how you can say that? You have UMass playing Fordham who is AQ.

Was UMass seeded in his bracket? If not, the statement's still true. None of the seeds (only 1-4) plays an AQ.

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Eastern Illinois @ #1 Northern Iowa
Delaware State @ Delaware

Wofford @ #4 Richmond

Eastern Washington @ #2 McNeese State
James Madison @ Appalachian State

Fordham @ Massachusetts
Villanova @ #3 Montana

--

* I tried to avoid potential second-round conference matchups as much as possible, but the committee doesn't seem to care about that, so I'll bet we get at least a couple.

* I'm not sure Richmond is going to get the fourth seed, but don't be surprised if they do. I think they're right up there in the discussion with SIU and ASU. UMass, on the other hand, is not. If a seed goes to a CAA team, it will go to the Spiders, who, everything else being equal, have a clear advantage over UMass in quality wins.

* I've come around to thinking that Villanova is more likely than UNH to get the last at-large. I think the crucial difference will be that Villanova ended the season on a stronger note, beating Delaware (and holding the Hens to just 10 points) in the season finale. UNH had a chance to make a similar statement in its next-to-last game, but failed to do so, losing to UMass by 20. UNH and Villanova have very similar resumes (UNH beat Delaware earlier in the season), but 'Nova is clearly, in my mind, the team that's playing better right now. UNH does have a win over an FBS team (Marshall) to its credit, but on the other hand, 'Nova has a better conference record (5-3 vs. 4-4). Villanova gets the bid (though I won't be shocked to see UNH get it).

* If the committee decides not to take a fifth CAA team, it should take Albany (who has a much stronger SOS than fellow mid-major Dayton, though each has a win over Patriot AQ Fordham). But I would not be shocked to see Norfolk State get the bid, even though Albany has the stronger resume. A three-loss, second-place team from an auto-bid conference might be good enough, in the committee's eyes, to reward with the last at-large spot.

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM
My bracket:

EIU @ #1 Northern Iowa

Eastern Kentucky @ #4 SIU
Albany @ UMass

Eastern Washington @ #2 McNeese
App. St. @ JMU

Villanova @ #3 Montana
Fordham @ Richmond

FargoBison
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM
1.UNI vs EIU
UD vs Del State

4.SIU vs EKU
App St vs JMU

2.Montana vs Nova
UMASS vs Fordham

3.McNeese St vs EWU
Richmond vs Wofford

BestOfBreed
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM
My bracket:

EIU @ #1 Northern Iowa

Albany @ UMass

App. St. @ JMU

Villanova @ #3 Montana
Fordham @ Richmond

You forgot Wofford.

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 11:32 AM
My bracket:

EIU @ #1 Northern Iowa

Albany @ UMass

Richmond @ App. St.

Villanova @ #3 Montana
Fordham @ Wofford

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 11:32 AM
My bracket:

EIU @ #1 Northern Iowa

Albany @ UMass

App. St. @ JMU

Villanova @ #3 Montana
Fordham @ Richmond

You're missing Wofford. They're the SoCon AQ, so leaving them out is not an option.

MSU_77
November 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/2044196110_025ef5a66b_o.jpg

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
How did I forget Wofford?
Anyway, I'll swap out Wofford for JMU and let ASU play Richmond, and thanks for catching that.

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 11:49 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/2044196110_025ef5a66b_o.jpg

That is pretty much how I see it. All will lose to the Cowboys. xsmiley_wix

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ill give it a try

EIU @ 1 UNI
Del St @ Delaware

EKU @ 4 SIU
JMU @ App St

EWU @ 2 McNeese
Fordham @ Umass

UNH @ 3 Montana
Wofford @ Ricmond

Would create some interesting second round matchups...we'll c how close i am

ASUdrummer
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Stab in the dark.

EIU @ UNI (1)
DSU @ UD

EWU @ SIU (4)
Norfolk State @ Richmond

EKU @ Montana (2)
Fordham @ Umass

JMU @ App. St.

I would love to see this...Potential of Wofford vs ASU in Boone in the 2nd Round! xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
November 18th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Stab in the dark.

EIU @ UNI (1)
DSU @ UD

EWU @ SIU (4)
Norfolk State @ Richmond

EKU @ Montana (2)
Fordham @ Umass

JMU @ App. St.

I think those are the teams and the seeds. Probably even the matchups - the only real question mark is how they are all put together (i.e. who will get paired with what seeds).

Appattk
November 18th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Eastern Washington vs #1 UNI
Fordham at Richmond (H)

Delaware State at Delaware (H)
Wofford vs. #4 Montana

Albany vs. #3 UMASS
JMU at ASU (H)

Eastern Illinois at SIU (H)
EKU vs #2 McNeese

89Hen
November 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I did this one last night talking with an Albany fan giving a 'what if' with Albany being in. I have no idea what to expect in 30 minutes. xconfusedx

EKU at #1 UNI
DelSt at Delaware

EIU at #4 SIU
Albany at UMass

Fordham at #2 Montana
Wofford at JMU

EWU at #3 McNeese
Richmond at AppSt