PDA

View Full Version : BigS Sky Resuts

GOKATS
September 10th, 2005, 08:42 PM
MT State beat SFA 42-5

griz lost to UO 47-14.

Watching Tex/Oh St. Great game, but still wondering about the rest of the Big Sky.

Sawtooth
September 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM
ISU loses to Kentucky, 41-29. We were up 16-14 at the half, and ahead 29-28 with about 5 minutes (give or take) left in the game.

Still, pretty proud of the effort our guys put forth!

GOKATS
September 10th, 2005, 09:21 PM
ISU loses to Kentucky, 41-29. We were up 16-14 at the half, and ahead 29-28 with about 5 minutes (give or take) left in the game.

Good show by ISU.

GtFllsGriz
September 10th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Great game Cats. I watched it on TV and the Cats look tough. The passing game looked strong.

Great game for ISU as well.

Griz are not dead my any means but I think they are playing the wrong QB. We'll see what next week brings.

GOKATS
September 10th, 2005, 11:27 PM
PSU beat Cal-Davis. My early week predics were 2 wins by Big Sky teams- MSU & PSU- still don't have some of the other scores though.

ucdtim17
September 11th, 2005, 01:04 AM
PSU beat Cal-Davis. My early week predics were 2 wins by Big Sky teams- MSU & PSU- still don't have some of the other scores though.

UC DAVIS not Cal-Davis. Close game - UCD kicking game trouble and turnovers lose it for them once again. That's 2 losses by a total of 6 points - they could (should) easily be 2-0 now, but it wasn't to be. The team needs a lot of work this week if they plan on hanging with Stanford . . .

DuckDuckGriz
September 11th, 2005, 02:27 AM

I really thought ISU was going to pull it out after the blocked punt. Great game by the Bengals -- you had to love those Wildcat fans booing during each Bengal score!

JALMOND
September 11th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Excellent showing Cats and Bengals. I thought Kentucky would be tough as they hung with Louisville the week before. Funny talking about Kentucky and Louisville during football.

Good showing by the Griz D as well. Belotti made it a point during pre-game that they wanted to score touchdowns and not settle for FGs. Due to the effort of the Griz D, that did not happen. Question to Griz fans---the last time you played the Ducks, wasn't the score like 33-3 at the half, then Dickenson came in and made it a respectable 36-30 final? Its been awhile and I might be repeating a local legend, but I was thinking about this listening to people say maybe you are playing the wrong QB.

Ronbo
September 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah it was 28-3 at half and ended up 35-30 in 1993.

Here is the two game stats for the QB's. Camps are split on the two but it seems that Cole Bergquist is getting more fans each week.

Passing

Jason Washington 20-40, 50%, 3 TD's, 2 ints
Cole Bergquist 8-9, 89%, 1 TD, 0 ints

Rushing

Jason Washington 13 carries, 10 yds, .8 ypc
Cole Bergquist 6 carries, 23 yards, 3.8 ypc

Many people came over to the Bergquist camp when Cole went 6-7 (only incomplete was a ball thrown out of bounds to avoid a sack) and drove the Griz 59 yards to a TD in the Oregon game. It was against the second teamers but if you look at Oregons depth chart the second team Defense still has 5 HS Super Prep All Americans, 2 JC All Americans, and is probably better than any I-AA Defense.

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Oregon is loaded with talent. The Griz made a great effort but fell short. Hats off to the Griz.

Paul

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I know Montana State is pretty solid, but is SFA as bad as the score dictates? Any folks from Montana St come down to Nacogdoches?

MSUCats
September 12th, 2005, 11:00 AM
I know Montana State is pretty solid, but is SFA as bad as the score dictates? Any folks from Montana St come down to Nacogdoches?

The game was in Bozeman.

I talked with some SFA fans and they were talking playoffs for them. :confused:

MSU is extremely underrated. This team is for real. We turned the ball over 4 times. And if it wasn't for one long run and 3 15yd(correctable) penalities, SFA would not have scored. :spank: