PDA

View Full Version : Kent Briggs era ends at W.Carolina

catamount man
November 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/111707aaa.html

Kudos to Eddie Cohen and Mike Malone for breaking single season records. Talked to a lot of the players after the game. Some felt for Briggs, others are excited about the new coach, and most were just glad the season is over.

Here's to a new coaching staff and a new and improved WCU squad in 2008!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
November 18th, 2007, 07:35 AM
From today's Asheville Citizen-Times.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071118/SPORTS07/71117081/1002/SPORTS

catamount man
November 18th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Briggs not bitter about being let go
by Tyler Norris Goode, [email protected]
published November 18, 2007 12:15 am

CULLOWHEE — Just one flight of stairs down from where he was named Western Carolina’s football coach with so much promise nearly six years ago, Kent Briggs sat in the Ramsey Center’s media room on a far less happy occasion.

Speaking in soft tones and without a trace of bitterness, he explained how he felt about losing what he always referred to as his dream job....

Contact Tyler Norris Goode via e-mail at [email protected]

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Congrats Catamount Man and all of cat nation!!!

Hopefully you can get someone in there that can help turn your program around and get it back to where it belongs... xnodx

catamount man
November 18th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Congrats Catamount Man and all of cat nation!!!

Hopefully you can get someone in there that can help turn your program around and get it back to where it belongs... xnodx

A certain SEC asst. with OC experience HAS INDEED already called Chip Smith inquiring about the job and I've heard he wants it REAL BAD, but Chip cannot grant any interviews until after Thanksgiving.

I have a feeling we'll have our new head coach around the 1st week of December.
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

back2back
November 18th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Team?

catamount man
November 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Team?

Classified info!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

C'mon now, you think I'm gonna tell? Not even sure if he'll get an interview, but we would be stupid NOT to interview him. Happy Thanksgiving!!!xthumbsupx

WCU LawCat
November 19th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Not sure that is who we need Cat Man. I think he brings in a little of the "unknown" with that past situation. If he is anything like GC i'd rather have GC. he would probably stay at WCU after building a program. The other guy wouldn't.

catamount man
November 19th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Not sure that is who we need Cat Man. I think he brings in a little of the "unknown" with that past situation. If he is anything like GC i'd rather have GC. he would probably stay at WCU after building a program. The other guy wouldn't.

Yeah, but the more I think about it, the more I want someone who has NO TIES whatsoever to WCU. Just me.xthumbsupx

WCU LawCat
November 19th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I can respect that....I just think that we at least need a HC with coordinator experience that will bring some disipline to the team.

After Catawba hung 60 something points on another school the other day in the DII playoffs I kinda think we should give Hester an interview. He was the SAC coach of the year. They play Valdosta St this week. Hester could be a diamond in the rough.

catamount man
November 19th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I can respect that....I just think that we at least need a HC with coordinator experience that will bring some disipline to the team.

After Catawba hung 60 something points on another school the other day in the DII playoffs I kinda think we should give Hester an interview. He was the SAC coach of the year. They play Valdosta St this week. Hester could be a diamond in the rough.

100% agree. He's a good one!xthumbsupx