PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU South Dakota State and Harvard!

89Hen
November 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Just had to say thanks to both teams today. We will now have no debate about NDSU being #1 on Monday and Yale will hopefully drop from people's top 10. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Just had to say thanks to both teams today. We will now have no debate about NDSU being #1 on Monday and Yale will hopefully drop from people's top 10. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

lizrdgizrd
November 17th, 2007, 08:52 PM

I second that emotion. xnodx

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 09:07 PM
xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex
It's called strength of schedule.

APPSTER
And no more noise from the NDSU coach saying that the NCAA "wasn't allowing them to play in the playoffs"

Way to go SDSU!

Cleets
I third that (Go Harvard)

we looked amazing today and in my gut I know the better team won today (Harvard 37 Yale 6) Harvard was two fluke plays away from an undefeated season.... but I'll settle for beating the crap out of Yale today...

Anyway - the right teams will play next week as they usually do) In my opinion

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 09:08 PM
And no more noise from the NDSU coach saying that the NCAA "wasn't allowing them to play in the playoffs"

Way to go SDSU!

Which is a hoax anyway. IT'S CALLED A CONTRACT AGREEMENT!

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Which is a hoax anyway. IT'S CALLED A CONTRACT AGREEMENT!

Yeah....sounds like a 20-year-old standing outside a bar pouting because he can't get in.

appfan2008
November 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Now there wont be any threads in a few weeks about how ndsu is better than the nc and they should still be considered for the title!... and Yale was never as good as we made them out to be by putting them 10th

straightshooter
November 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Not that it matters, but it does help the GSU strength of schedule, since GSU defeated SDSU.

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Now there wont be any threads in a few weeks about how ndsu is better than the nc and they should still be considered for the title!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Awesome work SDSU!!!!!

danefan
November 17th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you Harvard.
Yale is a good team...never a top 10! Great season for both.

Squealofthepig
November 17th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah - while the Bison were talking about their paper championship, the Jackrabbits were preparing for a football game. From what I saw of the game, they played with heart and fought tooth and nail for the win, playing with the same determination that allowed NDSU to mount an amazing comeback last weekend. I wish I could have seen more of the game, as it read on the boards like a great one!

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Way to go SDSU!

Still drinking the Coulson Kool-aid. Coach was not saying they would be #1 after the playoffs. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Congrats to SDSU, 2007 Great West Champions. xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah - while the Bison were talking about their paper championship, the Jackrabbits were preparing for a football game. From what I saw of the game, they played with heart and fought tooth and nail for the win, playing with the same determination that allowed NDSU to mount an amazing comeback last weekend. I wish I could have seen more of the game, as it read on the boards like a great one!

Do you have a link where the coach said they were going to be a papar champion after the playoffs? xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Now there wont be any threads in a few weeks about how ndsu is better than the nc and they should still be considered for the title!... and Yale was never as good as we made them out to be by putting them 10th

Started by non-NDSU fans.

Cleets
November 17th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I just want Harvard to ranked higher than Yale on Tuesday... xlolx

My guess: Rank

19 Harvard
25 Yale

www.gocrimson.com

we kick ass..!!!!

xwhistlex

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM
...and Yale will hopefully drop from people's top 10.

if not entirely OUT of the Top 25...xwhistlex

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Do you have a link where the coach said they were going to be a papar champion after the playoffs? xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

“We are claiming national attention. The NCAA is not allowing us to play in the playoffs and we are going to do everything we can to keep on showing people around the country that in our Division, we are the best in the country and we are going to take them one at a time.”

--Craig Bohl

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38605&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=1284523

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM
“We are claiming national attention. The NCAA is not allowing us to play in the playoffs and we are going to do everything we can to keep on showing people around the country that in our Division, we are the best in the country and we are going to take them one at a time.”

--Craig Bohl

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38605&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=1284523

Does it say after the playoffs are over ?

Mute point anyway.

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Does it say after the playoffs are over ?

Mute point anyway.

No.

please provide the link where Bohl says otherwise.

thank you.

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2007, 10:17 PM
No.

thank you.

USA Today Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2007-10-16-north-dakota-state_N.htm)

But coach Craig Bohl has his team on course for a title of another sort. Despite not being a full member, the unbeaten Bison are No. 1 in the coaches' poll. Their goal: Finish 11-0 and No. 1 for the regular season.

da_Bison
November 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
For what its worth, just because we lost today doesn't mean we are NOT the best team in the country!!!!!!! I'm not saying "we are" but you sure as hell can't say were not just because we lost to our rival from the south considering how we played!!
by the way, UNI could have EASILY lost to SIU, and Montana to EW and the list goes on. So lose the hate.....or jealousy

patssle
November 17th, 2007, 10:21 PM
NDSU had a heck of a schedule. I'd still pick them to beat Montana if those 2 faced off.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM

Way to go SDSU!

We knew what we were getting into but comments like this are a joke. You have no clue how frustrating this f'ning transtion is. Seriously, unless your team has been through it I don't think you should be commenting on it.

Cap'n Cat
November 17th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Bye, bye, Bison.

See ya next year.

Way to go, Bunnies!

xcoffeex

Petrie Dish
November 17th, 2007, 10:40 PM
For what its worth, just because we lost today doesn't mean we are NOT the best team in the country!!!!!!! I'm not saying "we are" but you sure as hell can't say were not just because we lost to our rival from the south considering how we played!!
by the way, UNI could have EASILY lost to SIU, and Montana to EW and the list goes on. So lose the hate.....or jealousy

UNI and Montana won those games and their conference, NDSU didn't.

Petrie Dish
November 17th, 2007, 10:41 PM

UNI and Montana won those games and their conference, NDSU didn't. You guys had a good season, though. Something to be proud of.

GrizFoo
November 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Ya, but what about the Cal Poly game. That was a miracle, but still a win..and finding a way to win is what you have to do in the playoffs. But if you bring up EWU and SIU, CP is fair game as well.

No, we can't say NDSU isn't the best team, but no one can say they absolutely are either, with this loss. It isn't as if they dominated their conference. But there is no disputing the tough schedule and two FBS wins. Good season, but what people are happy about is that the FCS doesn't have to have a paper champion even in the minds of the/some fans.

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
USA Today Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2007-10-16-north-dakota-state_N.htm)

But coach Craig Bohl has his team on course for a title of another sort. Despite not being a full member, the unbeaten Bison are No. 1 in the coaches' poll. Their goal: Finish 11-0 and No. 1 for the regular season.

Sorry Gil...........your coach claimed that NDSU was #1 in the country. It's not true. The #1 team is the team that makes it through the playoffs and wins in Chatty.

by the way...............the NCAA is not keeping NDSU out of the playoffs.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry Gil...........your coach claimed that NDSU was #1 in the country. It's not true. The #1 team is the team that makes it through the playoffs and wins in Chatty.

Yeah, he did say NDSU was #1 in the nation after the Minnesota game and there was not a damn thing wrong with him saying it at the time.

Cap'n Cat
November 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, he did say NDSU was #1 in the nation after the Minnesota game and there was not a damn thing wrong with him saying it at the time.

It's over. Time to put the herd out to pasture for the winter.

xcoffeex

FargoBison
November 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
It's over. Time to put the herd out to pasture for the winter.

xcoffeex

Cap'n you are right and I couldn't be happier. From now and until the end of time NDSU will be able to prove it on the field. The transition is over, we are finally free of all this BS.

TheBisonator
November 17th, 2007, 11:04 PM
We knew what we were getting into but comments like this are a joke. You have no clue how frustrating this f'ning transtion is. Seriously, unless your team has been through it I don't think you should be commenting on it.

EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS QUOTE. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Cap'n Cat
November 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS QUOTE. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Bisonbator,
We all had to do it. Take it easy, friend.

xcoffeex

TheBisonator
November 17th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Bisonbator,
We all had to do it. Take it easy, friend.

xcoffeex

No you didn't. Not 5 years worth.

5 years is a HELL of a lot longer time than the 2 years or 18 months or whatever it was when every single one of all your schools moved up.

You don't know what it's like for FIVE FU**ING YEARS.

dbackjon
November 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM

5 years is a HELL of a lot longer time than the 2 years or 18 months or whatever it was when every single one of all your schools moved up.

Then blame your administration for not moving up in the 90's. Don't blame the NCAA, or anyone on here for your lack of planning/foresight.

BisonBohl
November 17th, 2007, 11:14 PM
One thing is for sure, the Bison are a team to be reckon with, and in 5 years we already this far, damn cant wait to see what we do 10 years from now.

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 11:14 PM

If you don't like it, stay in DII. You agreed to the terms when you made the jump.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Then blame your administration for not moving up in the 90's. Don't blame the NCAA, or anyone on here for your lack of planning/foresight.

Who the hell are we blaming. We are just saying its a frustrating process and unless your team has gone through it you don't understand it.

gophoenix
November 17th, 2007, 11:16 PM

Rules are rules and no amount of whining will change it. You should be happy, at least you got to play FBS teams. At least you were eligible to be in the polls. At least you had a conference title to play for. When many of us moved up, the two year transition meant no polls, no conference title and many of us had no conference to play in period and sat as an indy for years and years trying like crazy just to fill in an 11 game schedule.

It's not like you had to disband your program for 5 years for a transition.

And really, if you have a problem, go complain to the NCAA about the changes in D-II that caused the 5 year transition to be put in place anyway. Back when the two year transition was in place, there was no difference in requirements in the two divisions, it was just a flat transition time with no rhyme or reason than to sit a team out for a bit.

So yes, many of us had to go through it with less than what some of you Bison fans are complaining about. And note, I said SOME bison fans, not all.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2007, 11:21 PM
If you don't like it, stay in DII. You agreed to the terms when you made the jump.

We also agreed to waiting 13 years for our mens basketball team to get a chance to play in the big dance. I'm glad our Admin didn't take your advice because we would still be waiting 8 more years.

People act like the NCAA has had these transition rules set in stone since the beginning of time when in fact they constantly change. Hell, in lower divisions the NCAA will waive the last few years off for schools that achieve all the things the NCAA expects of them.

Petrie Dish
November 17th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Bison fans don't know what its like to have to listen to fans talk about their team being the best in the nation when they know their team won't have to back it up in the playoffs.xtwocentsx

:p :p

gophoenix
We also agreed to waiting 13 years for our mens basketball team to get a chance to play in the big dance. I'm glad our Admin didn't take your advice because we would still be waiting 8 more years.

People act like the NCAA has had these transition rules set in stone since the beginning of time when in fact they constantly change. Hell, in lower divisions the NCAA will waive the last few years off for schools that achieve all the things the NCAA expect of them.

Maybe that means you haven't achieved them. Maybe that is something that you should think about.

Cap'n Cat

People act like the NCAA has had these transition rules set in stone since the beginning of time when in fact they constantly change. Hell, in lower divisions the NCAA will waive the last few years off for schools that achieve all the things the NCAA expect of them.

xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 11:24 PM

People act like the NCAA has had these transition rules set in stone since the beginning of time when in fact they constantly change. Hell, in lower divisions the NCAA will waive the last few years off for schools that achieve all the things the NCAA expects of them.

You agreed to the terms to move up.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

TheBisonator
November 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
You agreed to the terms to move up.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

So does that mean we don't have the right to be frustrated??

Cap'n Cat
November 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM

Quit yer whinin', Festus. Welcome to the big leagues.

xrolleyesx

FargoBison
November 17th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Maybe that means you haven't achieved them. Maybe that is something that you should think about.

Even if we have, it doesn't matter. The NCAA was never going to do it. I don't even know why I'm discussing this...

The only point I wanted to make is if your school hasn't been in this transition you shouldn't be commenting on it because you don't understand it.

gophoenix
November 17th, 2007, 11:27 PM

The most popular FCS board is not the place to constantly trash talk about being number 1 while complaining about your frustration. You don't win people to your side much with the way a lot of your fans have handled it.

That's where all this comes from.

Cap'n Cat
November 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
The most popular FCS board is not the place to constantly trash talk about being number 1 while complaining about your frustration. You don't win people to your side much with the way a lot of your fans have handled it.

That's where all this comes from.

Rep points.

NDSUFREAK
November 17th, 2007, 11:30 PM
one victory i will say was by the BISON fans....actually gave the game the atmosphere it had.

britsco
November 17th, 2007, 11:32 PM

/Sure you have the right to be frustrated but you're also incredibly annoying at the same time.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2007, 11:32 PM

SOS is obviously something the Griz cant understand.

AZBison
November 18th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Seriously. Can anyone but Bison fans say that they have had one of the top 3 if not #1 team in the country while in a NCAA mandated transition period?

It's not like we are claiming we are the best ever. All we ever wanted (the last 2 years) was to play in the playoffs. That's it. All we wanted to was to play in the playoffs.

Now some things are saying we should have stayed DII or that we wouldn't have even made the playoff this year anyway. Are you serious!? 10-1 and we aren't a playoff worthy team. That is all we want.

Of course we know we can't play in the playoffs, does that give everyone else in the FCS a right to ridicule and otherwise demean us Bison?

At the very least move this to the SMACK section, that's all it has become anyway

Good game Jacks and I wish you guys luck (well other than that one game) in the Gateway next year.

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2007, 02:40 AM
NDSU had a heck of a schedule. I'd still pick them to beat Montana if those 2 faced off.

Just cant get over the fact that SHSU sucked ass this year?

You're a punk patssle.

AggieFinn
November 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM
The real story here is how under-rated South Dakota State football is.

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2007, 02:43 AM
SOS is obviously something the Griz cant understand.

And Lafayette has been to the championship how many times?

Oh...thats right. Fargin ZERO.

Don't start Frankie unless you can back it up.

AZBison
November 18th, 2007, 03:06 AM

How true.
Good luck UC-Davis. Not only are do you have a hell of a football team but you all have one of the best schools in FCS (not including the non-playoff Ivies).

ysubigred
November 18th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Not that it matters, but it does help the GSU strength of schedule, since GSU defeated SDSU.

So did YSU xbawlingx

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you Harvard.
Yale is a good team...never a top 10! Great season for both.

I plan to put both schools in my Top 25 this week.xnodx

extremerouge
November 18th, 2007, 07:41 AM

--Craig Bohl

that was a misquote...Bohl said We are CRAVING national attention...not claiming...im too lazy to look for a link but you can take that to the bank.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2007, 08:55 AM
And Lafayette has been to the championship how many times?

Oh...thats right. Fargin ZERO.

Don't start Frankie unless you can back it up.

Lafayette is a small pivate school of 2,400 students--we want to play good football but were not gonna sacrifice our school to do so, We like where we are. On the other hand Montana is the primary state university of an entire state-- a little different. Montana's peers ( primary state universities) include Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Idaho, etc. As far as primary state universities go Montana is one of the poorest at football. When will you start playing with your Peers!

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2007, 09:04 AM

Considering that we were missing, our #2 back Pat Paschall and our #1 back was playing hurt. We were also missing our starting DE Christian Dallas, Starting OLB Maresh, Starting TE. need I go on. Yeah we got beat fair and square by SDSU and they deserved the W but man the hate being showed by some fans is pretty low class IMHO. I know the reason is because some NDSU fans ruffled some feathers but I still believe our team playing full strength would have beaten this SDSU team as well as most if not all others in the FCS. But go ahead and carry on with the hate if it makes you guys feel better. xnonox

McNeese72
November 18th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Considering that we were missing, our #2 back Pat Paschall and our #1 back was playing hurt. We were also missing our starting DE Christian Dallas, Starting OLB Maresh, Starting TE. need I go on.

McNeese lost last year's Southland Conference Most Valuable Player in the third game of the season. We lost our leading rusher from last year a game or two later for the season. Last year's SLC Defensive Player of the Year has been on the bench for almost two games now. We've lost one of our best OL in August camp. We've had other linemen miss games. We had three players miss games because of getting involved with a fight.

We played through the injuries,etc. Just about everybody has lost players to injuries.

So quit offering up excuses and quit whining.

Doc

FargoBison
November 18th, 2007, 09:28 AM
No.

thank you.

The Bison defeated No. 11 Northwestern State (La.) 35-7 on the road Saturday, the most convincing example to date that they are on track to make some noise in the division.....

“I think we have everything in place here to be a national champion the year we’re eligible.” Bohl said.

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=102881

footballer23
November 18th, 2007, 09:30 AM

You realize that the combined win total for UNI's final two opponents this year was ZERO, correct?

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
You realize that the combined win total for UNI's final two opponents this year was ZERO, correct?

You played on of them too.

Look at our opponents win loss record, and your opponents win loss record. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised. ;)

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
McNeese lost last year's Southland Conference Most Valuable Player in the third game of the season. We lost our leading rusher from last year a game or two later for the season. Last year's SLC Defensive Player of the Year has been on the bench for almost two games now. We've lost one of our best OL in August camp. We've had other linemen miss games. We had three players miss games because of getting involved with a fight.

We played through the injuries,etc. Just about everybody has lost players to injuries.

So quit offering up excuses and quit whining.

Doc

Not whining just stating facts, quit your bitching and look forward to the playoffs. xcoffeex

FargoBison
November 18th, 2007, 09:42 AM
You played on of them too.

Look at our opponents win loss record, and your opponents win loss record. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised. ;)

Sagarin has NDSU at 157 and UNI at 151, pretty much no difference. With that said, good luck to UNI in the playoffs. You guys have had a great season so far and in my book are #1 without question.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Good Luck to UNI, I will be rooting for you guys.

Proud Griz Man
November 18th, 2007, 09:44 AM

I have a pretty good understanding of how frustrating it is to you, because I have the pleasure of reading all the Bison posts about the transition period. Most all of us know that NDSU is a really good football program, but some of your Bison buddies have overdone the bulletin board publicity blitz the last two years. A miracle comeback win at Cal Poly and a loss at SDSU are humbling, and some of your Bison buddies need to eat some crow. xbawlingx

JBB
November 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
When we were ranked #1 we were #1. If the season had ended that way is was a fly in the ointment. An akward situation.

We arent eligible for the playoffs and would have never used a #1 ranking to take anything away from the post season tournament winner. But, we still would have had that rank.

The BISON lost yesterday. We are now in the "post loss era". Time to regroup and rebuild.

Time for the playoffs boys. Lets see who the champion is?

My vote: The Jackrabbits. xlolx

bisonguy
November 18th, 2007, 10:31 AM
that was a misquote...Bohl said We are CRAVING national attention...not claiming...im too lazy to look for a link but you can take that to the bank.

Exactly. I don't see how anyone could actually believe that the 'claiming national attention' quote is correct. First off, it doesn't make sense, second, it wasn't the correct quote from the post-game press conference.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1284933

On national attention:
“We are craving national attention. The NCAA is not allowing us to play in the playoffs and we are going to do everything we can to keep on showing people around the country that in our division, we are the best in the country and we are going to take them one at a time.”

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Did you read what I posted? At the time he meant REGULAR SEASON, and several times I have said the point is mute now. Beer loses this time. :(

gophoenix
November 18th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Not whining just stating facts, quit your bitching and look forward to the playoffs. xcoffeex

I wish your guys would take your advice offered above minus the playoff comment.

Good grief you guys take this to a whole new extreme.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I wish your guys would take your advice offered above minus the playoff comment.

Good grief you guys take this to a whole new extreme.

xwhistlex everyone just needs to calm down.xlolx

JBB
November 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Coach Bohl did say "We can win the Championship through a vote." Listen for yourself. Its toward the end of the clip.

What he meant I dont know, what he said is clear.

http://www.830wcco.com/topic/play_wi...udioId=1078125

Ps. The link has expired. Too bad.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Coach Bohl did say "We can win the Championship through a vote." Listen for yourself. Its toward the end of the clip.

What he meant I dont know, what he said is clear.

http://www.830wcco.com/topic/play_wi...udioId=1078125

Ps. The link has expired. Too bad.

Doesn't say after the playoffs. xrulesx

JackTwice
November 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
one victory i will say was by the BISON fans....actually gave the game the atmosphere it had.xoopsx

Now I know why you call yourself a freak. That's just dumba$$ grasping at straws. I have respected many NDSU fans over the years and wish our fans had the same zeal for our team that yours do. But its this need for validation that flat out pi$$e$ people off. There is no contest for best fans during a game, the game is played and won on the field and yesterday it was won by SDSU. If you truly want to see great fans go to a Montana game once. That was great atmosphere.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
xoopsx

Now I know why you call yourself a freak. That's just dumba$$ grasping at straws. I have respected many NDSU fans over the years and wish our fans had the same zeal for our team that yours do. But its this need for validation that flat out pi$$e$ people off. There is no contest for best fans during a game, the game is played and won on the field and yesterday it was won by SDSU. If you truly want to see great fans go to a Montana game once. That was great atmosphere.

We did go to a Montana game once, and Montana has great fans and atmosphere. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Just cant get over the fact that SHSU sucked ass this year?

You're a punk patssle.

xlolx

JackTwice
November 18th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Considering that we were missing, our #2 back Pat Paschall and our #1 back was playing hurt. We were also missing our starting DE Christian Dallas, Starting OLB Maresh, Starting TE. need I go on. Yeah we got beat fair and square by SDSU and they deserved the W but man the hate being showed by some fans is pretty low class IMHO. I know the reason is because some NDSU fans ruffled some feathers but I still believe our team playing full strength would have beaten this SDSU team as well as most if not all others in the FCS. But go ahead and carry on with the hate if it makes you guys feel better. xnonox

And our team was full strength?????? One of our top D-ends missed the entire season due to a bicep tear, our Middle linebacker was playing on a torn knee ligament, our starting running back and punt returner were one play away from never having a normal shoulder again, our top receiver was playing on one leg. I really believe that if we were at full strength we would have dominated that game and would have come into it with less than three losses.

See, now I've gotten sucked into this mess that SOME Bison fans have created. Why can't it just be, We got beat and I can't wait till next year when we can play in the playoffs. This rest of this crap is just sad and silly all together.

JackTwice
November 18th, 2007, 11:14 AM

Thanks Aggie. I have really enjoyed the last years and dealing with the fans from UC Davis and Cal-Poly, you guys are truly a class act. I can't wait for the day we are playing each other in the playoffs.

Missingnumber7
November 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I think that SDSU and NDSU have both proven that the 5 year transition sucks, and that you can play at the top level of FCS without going that 5 years. Kudos to SDSU and Steig for putting together a good game plan.

But as far as the pissing and moaning by BOTH UNI and Grizzled fans, you can point laugh and disagree all you want, but none of you have gotten near the publicity in the middle of the season that NDSU did for beating a 2nd FBS team. So talk all you want about who who's played, talk all you want about strength of schedule. How many teams out there played ONE D1A team during their transition? NDSU has played 4 games and won 3 of them.