PDA

View Full Version : Weber @ Eastern Washington

Peems
November 17th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Currently 14-10 Eastern in the third and Weber has the ball and is moving.

FCS Go!
November 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update Peems.xthumbsupx

appstate38
November 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
To Kalm and the EWU Eagles,

Play yourself into the playoffs and finish what you started.xthumbsupx

griz37
November 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
To Kalm and the EWU Eagles,

Play yourself into the playoffs and finish what you started.xthumbsupx

I second that. Let's go Eagles!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I second that. Let's go Eagles!

Third! Go Eags! xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
finally someone starts this thread. I was just about to do it. GO EWU EAGLES

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Kinda sad the GO Eagles thread is filled with posts by Griz Fans lol

Tod
November 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Go Eagles! xnodx xnodx xnodx

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Kinda sad the GO Eagles thread is filled with posts by Griz Fans lol

haha. True, but all the Eags fans are at the game probably. And the griz know they deserve a playoff bid!!!!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM
haha. True, but all the Eags fans are at the game probably. And the griz know they deserve a playoff bid!!!!

Probably...I hope they get in I think they deserve it. I also hope they give their first round opponent hell

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
21-16 Eagles

appstate38
November 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I would rather see them than UNH... 4 losses in conference does not set well with me.

WyomingGrizFan
November 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
If the Eagles win they have a good chance @ 8 - 3 to get a second chance to go into Cedar Falls and do better than their 38 - 41 loss in 2005, even if Meyers was the Payton Award winner that year. Besides which, they were 7 - 4 that year. Could be a possibility.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
21-16 EWU is up

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Don't blow this EWU

DuckDuckGriz
November 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Come on Eastern.

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
21-16 EWU is up

How much time?

RationalGriz
November 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
It is 3rd qtr, about the end I believe

RationalGriz
November 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM
28-16 EWU

Ronbo
November 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Internet feed? The school websites have NO links.xmadx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego

bigskytv.org but it costs $9

Grizaholic17
28-16 EWU

YES! 4th quarter just started

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
A.J. Jimerson rush for 6 yards to the WSU19, 1ST DOWN EWU (Craig North;B.A. Harrell).

Looks like they are threatening to score again.

appstate38
November 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Just looking at your sig... what is the record for consecutive playoff appearances. That is an impressive mark.

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I think this game is over. Weber hung around for a bit, but I think they're pretty much done.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Just looking at your sig... what is the record for consecutive playoff appearances. That is an impressive mark.

we are currently setting the record. We have it at 15, and we are trying for 16 next year! FIELD GOAL Eags: 31- 16

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
So everyone's pretty much agreed with an EWU win they're in the playoffs right?

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:41 PM

yes, it is almost a given. ALMOST!

UMass922
November 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM

Definitely, yes.

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Don't blow this EWU

I'm sensing a little http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0009.gif going on here...

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
EWU is in with a win. GPI is good enough, 8 wins is good enough.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm sensing a little http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0009.gif going on here...

We'd love to see EWU win! and i said YES! to the score that they made...not that it was 4th quarter.

grizd
November 17th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Here you go Ronbo:

http://www.1510kga.com/

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM
We'd love to see EWU win!

xconfusedx why does the outcome of this game matter to you? just curious

RationalGriz
November 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM

I think he is rooting for anther Big Sky team to represent in the playoffs.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 06:54 PM

having a fellow BSCer in the playoffs would be great. It's just nice to have someone we are familiar with. And also, they will hopefully do some damage in the playoffs.

GrizDen
November 17th, 2007, 06:58 PM

I won't speak for Grizaholic, but from my perspective I think the Big Sky Conference deserves two playoff teams in most years. If Weber State had a better start to the season, we (fans of the BSC) could have been clamoring for three.

More teams from your respective conference equals more exposure and continues to show the depth of talent in said conference.

BigApp...do you look to see as many teams from the SoCon in the playoffs that deserve to be included?

RE/MAXGriz
November 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM
EWU could give UNI a huge run for the money, they're surprisingly good on offense.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Touchdown Eags: 38-16

GrizDen
November 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
having a fellow BSCer in the playoffs would be great. It's just nice to have someone we are familiar with. And also, they will hopefully do some damage in the playoffs.

I second that. One of my dreams is for two Big Sky teams to meet in the National Championship game. That would be hard to happen for multiple reasons (geographic scheduling, would likely need at 3 teams included in the playoffs to have representatives on both sides of the bracket). Of course the dream also includes the Griz in the Championship game and winning...but for right now, I just need to concentrate on cheering for the Eagles to win against Weber.xnodx

I Bleed Purple
November 17th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I'm staying outta this thread.

Too much stress at work makes me react much worse to a loss today.

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Cuz it makes the Griz SOS look better.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Great job Eags!

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Cuz it makes the Griz SOS look better.

thanks for the input.xcoffeex

:p

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Weber State wins 38-16. Congrats to the Eags. Playoffs they go!

I Bleed Purple
November 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Weber State wins 38-16. Congrats to the Eags. Playoffs they go!
Quoting 'cause I'm mean.

I wish.

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
BigApp...do you look to see as many teams from the SoCon in the playoffs that deserve to be included?

to be honest, at this point in the season I typically don't care about the rest of the SoCon. But I understand why others do.

Example: last year I was telling anyone who would listen that Furman wasn't a playoff quality team, regardless of their record. We've gotten in when I personally didn't think we deserved it.

At this point in the season, it should be about the 16 BEST TEAMS in the country (that are eligible), not whether conference X gets ___ teams selected.

Do you need 2 bids to 'validate' the Big Sky? Is that what this is about?

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
to be honest, at this point in the season I typically don't care about the rest of the SoCon. But I understand why others do.

Example: last year I was telling anyone who would listen that Furman wasn't a playoff quality team, regardless of their record. We've gotten in when I personally didn't think we deserved it.

At this point in the season, it should be about the 16 BEST TEAMS in the country (that are eligible), not whether conference X gets ___ teams selected.

Does EVERY SINGLE THREAD have to turn into something like this xlolx xoopsx

Griz0383
EWU is the last team I want coming to my stadium for the 1sr round or the 2nd round! EWU can play and I know the cowboys are not that excited about a BSC team heading south. UNI would be a the best fit for EWU and though they may not win in Iowa, EWU will give them a game. EWU is a grest team and deserve a chance to play for the National Championship. I know that any team in EWU's lader will not look past them. GO Eagles and Go GRIZ

Grizaholic17

no

RationalGriz
November 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
No validation for me, I just like to see the Big Sky have success.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
No validation for me, I just like to see the Big Sky have success.

Exactly! Everyone seems to think the only reason we root for other teams in our conference to get into the playoffs has to do with validation...Give me a break

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Exactly! Everyone seems to think the only reason we root for other teams in our conference to get into the playoffs has to do with validation...Give me a break

There all just angry about it. EWU is a quality team that deserves a playoff berth...that is why i rooted for them.

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 07:28 PM
EWU is a quality team that deserves a playoff berth...that is why i rooted for them.

that, I can understand (and I'm not angry about it). Too, if you guys were to see my Top 25 from the last 2-3 weeks, you'd see that I agree. xpeacex

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM

Come see my smack thread later calling out all the SoCon tools for the attitude they gave me when I said the SoCon wouldn't get four teams in!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Surprisingly there weren't a lot of fans at the game; it was bucketing rain for the first half. I just got back and am soaked. quite the mud bowl! Goin' to the playoffs baby! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Come see my smack thread later calling out all the SoCon tools for the attitude they gave me when I said the SoCon wouldn't get four teams in!

:p

GrizDen
November 17th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Agreed on the 16 Best Teams and EWU should be included in those discussions this year.

No validation needed when it's right.xthumbsupx

thecardiackid
November 17th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I just got back from the game too. Eags just took it over in the second half. That offense can just blow up at any time. They even ran the fumblerooski for a TD tonight!

Thanks for the support Griz Fans. I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs as well.

EdubAlum
November 18th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I just got back from the game too. Eags just took it over in the second half. That offense can just blow up at any time. They even ran the fumblerooski for a TD tonight!

Thanks for the support Griz Fans. I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs as well.

until we play them of course:)

after years of lurking around, i finally snagged an account here

Blazerbird
November 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I was really impressed with the Eagle play calling in this game. You never know what they're going to run, and Nichols executes with very few mistakes. On top of that, this team gets better every week. Offense, defense, special teams. Eastern has really good players all over the field. This is not the same style team we had a couple years ago with just a few big playmakers at the skill positions. With a little more maturity, this team could've ended the season with one loss. If there's a team that deserves an at-large bid more than the Eagles, I'd be impressed. I don't really care what people think about the Big Sky either. I've seen most of the Eastern games in person this year and have been impressed with the parity in this conference. So now I wait for the Eagles to be included in the field with the Griz. .

Peems
November 18th, 2007, 01:25 PM
While I'm glad the Eagles have made it, I for one would not be happy if I had to play them in the first or second round. Good luck though.