PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Stink Today

SunCoastBlueHen
November 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
They may still get in, but the Hens DO NOT look like a playoff team today. Ugly, ugly showing. xnonono2x

FCS Go!
November 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
They may still get in, but the Hens DO NOT look like a playoff team today. Ugly, ugly showing. xnonono2x

Please continue/elaborate...

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
This is the big rivalry game and anything can happen. VU up now with less than 3 minutes left 13 - 10.

JMU1992
November 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Looks like Delaware is going to lose to Villanova. 13-10 with 1:48 to play and Nova has the ball on the UD 20.

Zoo
November 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
About 50 seconds left, and Villanova leads Delaware 13-10.

turn1979
November 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Good luck Delaware State. Looks like you will be playing someone besides UD next weekend.

appstate38
November 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Seems like the wheels have come off for the Blue Hens..... Are you guys in jeopardy for the playoffs????

SunCoastBlueHen
November 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Please continue/elaborate...

Our supposive NFL QB looked terrible today and when he did manage to throw the ball on target, it was dropped more often than not. The offense looked completly out of synch all day long. A very uninspired effort...

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
This is the big rivalry game and Nova has a good team this year. I'm not really surprised by the closeness. This team would not go far in the playoffs anyway so no biggie either way.

Peems
November 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Was there/is there a game thread?

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
No

FCS Go!
November 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Still in the playoffs I think. xnodx

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I hope not, save the embarasment....

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
It will be a close call for playoffs, but the Hens will most likely make a 2007 showing in the playoffs! Hard not to let them at least be given a chance with their hard work thus far.

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Nova is a tough team. UD has its hands full.

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM
16-10 Nova late in the 4th.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 17th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Game over. Delaware DOES NOT DESERVE to be in the playoffs

Umass74
Wow. Watched the game on SNY.

Great effort by a crippled Villanova team. xeekx

ChickenMan
Conrats to Nova.. they outplayed and really outcoached UD today. UD is NOT a playoff team.. UNH at 7-4..with a win over the Hens is more deserving.. I hope the committee does the right thing and keeps UD home for the holidays.

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Agreed. No playoffs this year. There must be much more deserving squads. Good defensive effort by Nova on a slippery field today. Talley coached great as always.

LehighFan11
November 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Why do all you Udel fans think they shouldnt get into the playoffs and cant win int he playoffs? Win over Navy and 5 OT loss to Richmond..seems like they can play

RadMann
November 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
UMass74: This is the big rivalry game between the two schools. Anything can happen. Nova played very well on defense today.

aust42
November 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Our defense is horrible. Navy, JMU, Richmond and Nova just manhandled our defensive line and linebackers.

Umass74
UMass74: This is the big rivalry game between the two schools. Anything can happen. Nova played very well on defense today.

Was Cuff healthy? He didn't look comfortable.

I saw the Delaware-UNH game earlier this year and Cuff looked a lot quicker than he looked today.

Sam Adams
Actually Nova is a better team than UD and that showed through today. Nova is a damned good football team. When they are healthy they are a tough team as they showed today. UD just got outplayed in the second half.

Blue Hen Nation
November 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
We are not a playoff team! xsmhx

Jaxhen
November 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Congrats to Villanova. Best defensive effort all year against the Hens. I honestly didn't think UD's offense could be shut down like that. UD got outcoached big time and Nova played a tough hard hitting defense the whole game. What a disappointing end to what started out as a promising season. UD was confused the entire game on offense by Villanova's blitzing schemes and made absolutely no adjustments to it the entire game. I think I only saw one screen pass the entire game by UD and we very rarely threw it to the TEs over the middle where you would think we could have exploited Nova's blitzing LBs.

ChickenMan
November 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Congrats to Villanova. Best defensive effort all year against the Hens. I honestly didn't think UD's offense could be shut down like that. UD got outcoached big time and Nova played a tough hard hitting defense the whole game. What a disappointing end to what started out as a promising season. UD was confused the entire game on offense by Villanova's blitzing schemes and made absolutely no adjustments to it the entire game. I think I only saw one screen pass the entire game by UD and we very rarely threw it to the TEs over the middle where you would think we could have exploited Nova's blitzing LBs.

Probably the WORST coached game I've ever seen at UD.. no adjustments made on either side of the ball.

devilhen
November 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I hope not, save the embarasment....

That's a ridiculous statement. I expect Delaware to still be in the playoffs and to play well.

blur2005
November 17th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I sense an overreaction here from Hen fans. You may have looked bad today but it was a rivalry game that was going to be close no matter what the circumstances were. It's unlikely, in my book, that Delaware won't get a bid.

devilhen
November 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I sense an overreaction here from Hen fans. You may have looked bad today but it was a rivalry game that was going to be close no matter what the circumstances were. It's unlikely, in my book, that Delaware won't get a bid.

You are a wise individual...

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Nova is a tough football team and they showed it today. Based on football I can't see how UD gets in before Nova. Based on $$ UD gets the nod.

cougarpines
November 17th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Nova is a tough football team and they showed it today. Based on football I can't see how UD gets in before Nova. Based on $$ UD gets the nod.

We need to win two out of three after Navy. Beat JMU and were lucky to get to OT with Richmond. Looked pathetic today. We are not a playoff team. Too many holes.

BlueHenBoy
November 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM
xeekx

Check this out:
http://www.firekckeeler.bravehost.com/

MIght not be great quality, but gets the message across.

It's a shame that this game had to be on TV rather than the previous thriller.

Is Omar really that important to the team? or did they just have a shocker today? And our kicker can hit them from beyond 40, but within the 10-25 yard range he can't convert. It's crazy.

I think over the season UD has been the better team and there playoff bid should not be based on their preformance today. I think that they will certainly get the bid, but not the home game which is the very disappointing part. But, if the game is at DSU, the ticket situation is going to be hectic. UD season ticket holders are all going to want to go. Were going to get about 500 tickets alloted and most of the season ticket holders are going to want to go? How's that going to work?

The selection comitee is going to have a tough time.

EDIT: I know why we lost: WERE JUST SO AFRAID OF DELAWARE STATE. That's what it is. DUH! How could I be so stupid.

BlueHen86
November 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Congrats to 'Nova. They outplayed and outcoached us today. UD never adjusted to the defensive blitz package that 'Nova threw at them and when Flacco did make a nice pass it was often dropped. In the second half UD KNEW 'Nova was going to run the ball ('Nova's QB hurt his ankle at the end of the first half and couldn't move) and still couldn't stop them. The better team won today.xbawlingx
Having said all that; I still think UD makes the playoffs. With both Hofstra and Georgia Southern losing today there just aren't enough teams out there to keep the Hens out. We may be the first 8-3 team to lose their last two games and still get in the playoffs.

89Hen
November 17th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Why do all you Udel fans think they shouldnt get into the playoffs and cant win int he playoffs? Win over Navy and 5 OT loss to Richmond..seems like they can play
xnodx Two 25 yard FG's away from 10-1. xeyebrowx

charliej
November 17th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Relax Hen fans, I still think you're in.xnodx

This was the good hard-hittin game we've come to expect in the 11th game every year. It had to be tough coming off last weeks marathon with the Spiders.

BDKJMU
November 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Actually Nova is a better team than UD and that showed through today. Nova is a damned good football team. When they are healthy they are a tough team as they showed today. UD just got outplayed in the second half.

I saw JMU run all over Nova but lose to UD in a close one. Nova may have been the better team today, but they are not the better team- the best team doesn't always win. UD with at 8-3 with wins over Navy & JMU, a 5 OT loss to UR and a close loss to Nova, despite having a D-2 on their record (good playoff D-2 team that UD thumped) deserves to be in the playoffs. Every good team has their one really BAD game a season (when a 11-0/10-1/9-2/8-3 team barely beats a .500 or below team. JMU had theirs against Northeastern, winning only by 7. I'm guessing this was UD's really bad game of the year, and Nova is a good team- its not like UD lost to Northeastern or URI xsmiley_wix

I can't believe I'm sticking up for UD....xeyebrowx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 17th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I was talking with Henfan tonight and mentioned how UD was coming off Navy, JMU, and the 5OT game with Richmond. Very, very difficult to play a fourth consecutive game without some physical and/or mental letdown. Reminded me of UNH last year going into Northeastern after playing Delaware, Richmond and JMU. JMHO, but it is extremely difficult to keep playing at your peak that many weeks in a row.

BTW, that's another factor which makes whoever wins in Chatty very deserving of the crown! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Anovafan
November 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Easy, easy UD fans, you guys are a lock for the playoffs and you will get a home bid because of your attendance. As a few have posted, I think Nova outplayed and outcoached UD. Keeler did not have a very good gameplan, and Nova came out with better emotion and played for their season. Nova got UD at a great time, after a huge win against Navy, followed by a 94 play tough loss to Richmond. UD was looking ahead to the playoffs. This Nova bunch was a tough 7-4 team with a loss AT Maryland, a loss AT JMU, an OT loss AT Umass and a loss AT Richmond, all FCS playoff teams. Next year the schedule is much more favorable (minus that first game at a team called West Virginia). Next season should be a good one for the Nova faithful.

Tribe4SF
November 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
UD is a lock for the playoffs. This game highlights, again, how tough the CAA is. Next year looks to be at least as wild as this year.

charliej
November 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Easy, easy UD fans, you guys are a lock for the playoffs and you will get a home bid because of your attendance. As a few have posted, I think Nova outplayed and outcoached UD. Keeler did not have a very good gameplan, and Nova came out with better emotion and played for their season. Nova got UD at a great time, after a huge win against Navy, followed by a 94 play tough loss to Richmond. UD was looking ahead to the playoffs. This Nova bunch was a tough 7-4 team with a loss AT Maryland, a loss AT JMU, an OT loss AT Umass and a loss AT Richmond, all FCS playoff teams. Next year the schedule is much more favorable (minus that first game at a team called West Virginia). Next season should be a good one for the Nova faithful.

Agreed!I said earlier in the season that Nova was probably a year away. Just one play vs Umass or one series vs Richmond could have gotten them there this year. Oh well.

Anovafan
November 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM

Agreed!I said earlier in the season that Nova was probably a year away. Just one play vs Umass or one series vs Richmond could have gotten them there this year. Oh well.

One game against against a team other than Maryland could have gotten them in the playoffs this year. If Nova scheduled a lower tier Patriot team, I think they were a lock for the playoffs this year. But we need the $$$ from Maryland, I know, I know, don't get me started on that one.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=charliej;747531]

One game against against a team other than Maryland could have gotten them in the playoffs this year. If Nova scheduled a lower tier Patriot team, I think they were a lock for the playoffs this year. But we need the $$$ from Maryland, I know, I know, don't get me started on that one.

You scheduled Lehigh who was a lower tier Patriot team this year (2-4 in league play) Lafayette would love to play you, but that sentiment isnt shared.

Anovafan
November 18th, 2007, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=Anovafan;747569]

You scheduled Lehigh who was a lower tier Patriot team this year (2-4 in league play) Lafayette would love to play you, but that sentiment isnt shared.

You got me there, maybe we should have scheduled Marist? xnodx

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2007, 02:25 AM
UD is a lock for the playoffs. This game highlights, again, how tough the CAA is. Next year looks to be at least as wild as this year.

Yeah, Villanova would win the Big Fluffy they are so tough. xcoffeex xcoffeex