PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hauck is 32-5 in the Big Sky

DuckDuckGriz
November 17th, 2007, 04:50 PM
No matter who you're a fan of - that's pretty darn impressive.

GrizDen
November 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Can't argue with that record. When he takes the leap to FBS, I hope it's for a team that plays in a BCS conference. If I'm him, I wait it out until he gets that kind of offer. I don't think he's at Jim Tressel's level, but I would assume Tressel had numerous offers to "move up" to 1-A when he was at Youngstown...but he stayed and built a program that was second to none in 1-AA (as it was referred to at that time). If Hauck stays for another 5 years and duplicates the success of the first 5 years, there's no reason he wouldn't get an offer from a big-time program instead of Utah State (Dennehy) or Wyoming (Glenn).

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Can't argue with that record. When he takes the leap to FBS, I hope it's for a team that plays in a BCS conference. If I'm him, I wait it out until he gets that kind of offer. I don't think he's at Jim Tressel's level, but I would assume Tressel had numerous offers to "move up" to 1-A when he was at Youngstown...but he stayed and built a program that was second to none in 1-AA (as it was referred to at that time). If Hauck stays for another 5 years and duplicates the success of the first 5 years, there's no reason he wouldn't get an offer from a big-time program instead of Utah State (Dennehy) or Wyoming (Glenn).

I don't know if his jump to FBS will happen any time soon. He is a griz alum and former player...who likes winning. Not to mention that he is settled and making quite the hefty salary already.

DuckDuckGriz
November 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I don't know if his jump to FBS will happen any time soon. He is a griz alum and former player...who likes winning. Not to mention that he is settled and making quite the hefty salary already.

If a guy opts for a one year contract over a multi-year deal he's not exactly planting roots.

GrizDen
November 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Hauck is in a great situation...that is why I hope he doesn't leave soon. He's already stayed longer than Dennehy (4 years) and Glenn (3 years), and I'm pretty sure those guys with the power of "hind-sight vision" would say they wish they never left.xthumbsupx

FCS Go!
November 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM

This part of your post is a joke, right? What is he making 115k? That may be great in Missoula but compared to what Wash St or Colorado St would offer it's nothing.

Grizaholic17
November 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
This part of your post is a joke, right? What is he making 115k? That may be great in Missoula but compared to what Wash St or Colorado St would offer it's nothing.

try again.:p

TokyoGriz
November 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Hauch has won like an old realiable car. Not always pretty but gets er done. I have to admit I miss the west coast offense we use to play. Was a hell of alot more fun to watch. But his record does speak for iteself.

What he really needs is several NC rings on his fingers.

As Duckduckgriz stated Hauck has opted for the one year contract versus the multiyear contract. Pretty good indication that he want the flexablity to leave easily if needed. Say if he get a good offer from another team.

And as far as salary goes, he can easliy make double his salary or more at most FBS schools. I would say he is ready to move on, especially if the griz make it to the NC again.

GrizFoo
November 17th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I think Hauck has an excellent chance of getting the Colorado State job, and he will take it if offered. He knows the area recruiting wise, has a good record at UM (even if recruiting at UM isn't the most difficult place to recruit players too). Either way, like him or not, can't really argue much with his production.

Good year to have a new staff come in too, considering all of the slots open for the new staff to recruit for.