PDA

View Full Version : Salukis finish 10-1

Killsback
November 17th, 2007, 03:08 PM
SIU beat Hampton today 45-27...SIU quarterback Nick Hill was something like 22-26 for over 200 yards and over 80 yards rushing to help the Salukis to possibly get that top 4 seed they were after.

siugrad99
November 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
MEAC Rocks!

BigApp
November 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
didn't I read someone on here 'guaranteeing' a Hampton win today??

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Good win for SIU.

siugrad99
November 17th, 2007, 03:17 PM
LOL funny all you hear now is crickets. Everytime Hampton plays someone of quality they lay an egg, unless your talking about the 15/2 upset they pulled in the NCAA tournament a few years back :)

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I feel for whatever team has to go to Carbondale in the first round. xbawlingx

Killsback
November 17th, 2007, 03:19 PM
It was Hampton's worst loss of the year and it came at Hampton.

ASUG8
November 17th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Congrats Salukis!xthumbsupx

igo4uni
November 17th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I feel for whatever team has to go to Carbondale in the first round. xbawlingx

Yup.

grizband
November 17th, 2007, 03:25 PM
If Montana losses today, Southern Illinois is a great candidate for a top 4 seed in the playoffs. The only loss they suffered during their 10-1 season was a 6 point loss to #1 UNI; they also have a win over FBS Northern Illinois.

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 03:26 PM
If Montana losses today, Southern Illinois is a great candidate for a top 4 seed in the playoffs. The only loss they suffered during their 10-1 season was a 6 point loss to #1 UNI; they also have a win over FBS Northern Illinois.

Agreed. xthumbsupx

siugrad99
November 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
What do you mean if they lose ? Who gives a squat as SIU deserves a Top 4 seed even before the kick off of the Montana game. 1 lose by 6 points to the top team in the country on the road for homecoming. Enough said.

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM
didn't I read someone on here 'guaranteeing' a Hampton win today??

Yep. I asked him if he thought he was Joe Namath.
:D

grizband
November 17th, 2007, 03:31 PM
What do you mean if they lose ? Who gives a squat as SIU deserves a Top 4 seed even before the kick off of the Montana game. 1 lose by 6 points to the top team in the country on the road for homecoming. Enough said.
I would agree, but right now I would think seeds are be UNI, Massachusetts, Montana and McNeese State. Southern Illinois definitely has a case, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a top 4, either.

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I would agree, but right now I would think seeds are be UNI, Massachusetts, Montana and McNeese State. Southern Illinois definitely has a case, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a top 4, either.

Montana needs to win today or they could slip off the board for seeds.

grizband
November 17th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Montana needs to win today or they could slip off the board for seeds.
That is true, and honestly, even if Montana wins I would understand the reasoning behind giving SIU a seed

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2007, 03:39 PM
UMass hurt their case when they lost to Rhode Island.

siugrad99
November 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
they will claim the field conditions caused that Loss. Hmm last time I checked both teams had the same conditions, RI just handled it better.

Reed Rothchild
November 17th, 2007, 04:04 PM
The Dawgs are dangerous! Here's to hoping UNI does not have to see them for a few weeks. xbowx

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Good win. Congrats to the Salukis on a great season and welcome to the party !!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Sam Adams
November 17th, 2007, 04:15 PM
they will claim the field conditions caused that Loss. Hmm last time I checked both teams had the same conditions, RI just handled it better.

Silly post. Nobody claimed field conditions caused a loss. The game was played in 60-70 mph winds during a noreaster storm. It seriously impacted the game, for example an attempted kick into the wind literally went up in the air and 30 yds backwards. Did the weather have a tremendous impact on that game? Hell yes, one would be a moron to think otherwise, but URI played better in adverse conditions and UMASS didn't play well enough to win the ball game. Did that game reflect how good UMASS is? Of course not.

But I could care less about getting a 4 seed - its not worth that much and its not going to make a damn bit of difference in terms of who is going to Chatanooga.

Zoo
November 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Nice job on a fantastic season Salukis!

R.A.
November 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I understand that this one was 35-27 going into the fourth quarter or something like that. I'm not sure, I've been away all day. But the final score doesn't indicate blowout... 45-27, not bad, considering Hampton is only a 6-5 mid level "lower" conference squad, and Southern Illinois is the #5 team in the entire country from the mighty Gateway Conference... kinda makes one think...

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I understand that this one was 35-27 going into the fourth quarter or something like that. I'm not sure, I've been away all day. But the final score doesn't indicate blowout... 45-27, not bad, considering Hampton is only a 6-5 mid level "lower" conference squad, and Southern Illinois is the #5 team in the entire country from the mighty Gateway Conference... kinda makes one think...

Always hard to play on the road, bud.

R.A.
November 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Uh huh...

R.A.
November 17th, 2007, 04:58 PM
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273212261

siugrad99
November 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Keep dreamin buddy. SIU was up 28 -12 and Hampton never got closer than a TD and a 2 point conversion. The superior team kicked it up a notch once they gave the Pirates a small glimmer of hope and put them away when it mattered. That is what good teams do. Enjoy your off season.

Saluki_man
November 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM

Hampton's last score was done on one heck of a play from their QB and a very gutsy call from the coordinator. To throw a bomb on 4th & 9 on the SIU 44 to get the score was either going to work or be very stupid.

I am more concerned that we had more DBs get injuries at a place where we are already missing both starters.

Houndawg
November 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Hampton's last score was done on one heck of a play from their QB and a very gutsy call from the coordinator. To throw a bomb on 4th & 9 on the SIU 44 to get the score was either going to work or be very stupid.

I am more concerned that we had more DBs get injuries at a place where we are already missing both starters.

Actually, we had none of the secondary that started this year, two of whom are gone for the season. We're going to need some serious D line play in the playoffs. Too bad Tillman was dismissed two weeks ago. Anyone know what that was about? All I heard was personal reasons.

Chi Panther
November 17th, 2007, 06:50 PM
xbowx xthumbsupx Congrats Dawgs!!!xthumbsupx xbowx

HI54UNI
November 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Congrats SIU. Hope we don't see you again til Chatty!

Houndawg
November 17th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Congrats SIU. Hope we don't see you again til Chatty!

Likewise.

R.A.
November 18th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Keep dreamin buddy. SIU was up 28 -12 and Hampton never got closer than a TD and a 2 point conversion. The superior team kicked it up a notch once they gave the Pirates a small glimmer of hope and put them away when it mattered. That is what good teams do.

I was expecting a blow out...

Enjoy your off season.

Careful... we have plenty of seats over here for the late comers. Remember, the only winner is the team that wins last.

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Keep dreamin buddy. SIU was up 28 -12 and Hampton never got closer than a TD and a 2 point conversion. The superior team kicked it up a notch once they gave the Pirates a small glimmer of hope and put them away when it mattered. That is what good teams do. Enjoy your off season.

Enjoy watching what good teams do.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/um-siu-2006.wmv

No smack towards SIU, just tired of siugrad99's crap. He needs to learn how to shut it.

Sam Adams
November 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM
congrats to siu, second place in the gateway.

HIU 93
November 19th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Enjoy watching what good teams do.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/um-siu-2006.wmv

No smack towards SIU, just tired of siugrad99's crap. He needs to learn how to shut it.

I have never agreed with you on anything, until today.

xthumbsupx

HIU 93
November 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM
LOL funny all you hear now is crickets. Everytime Hampton plays someone of quality they lay an egg, unless your talking about the 15/2 upset they pulled in the NCAA tournament a few years back :)

The only person on here talking schitt is you.