PDA

View Full Version : JMU's Ironman

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Its rare to see someone make 49 starts. A playoff game for Lezotte would make an even 50 STRAIGHT. xeekx xbowx I wonder how many players have ever done that? You would have to start all 4 years of 11 game seasons, plus have 6 playoff games in those 4 years. Montana, Ga. Southern, App State, Furman, Marshall, Youngstown, Delaware, etc, teams from the 80s-00s that had stretches where they went to the playoffs 2-4 times in 4 year periods where they had 6 or more playoff games/50-58 games. (If a team went to 4 straight NC games that would be 60 games. I know teams have gone to 3 straight (YSU, Marshall)) And I'm not talking starting 50 or more out of 50-58 while missing a game or a few. And I'm not talking about playing in 50 straight. I'm talking STARTING 50 STRAIGHT or more. I'm sure there have been a few guys before, but there can't be that many. Is there some kind of records kept for this?

One thing this article didn't mention was how Lezotte is JMU's field general on their defense getting everybody in position every play. He will be sorely missed by JMU when he's gone. xbowx

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=13375&CHID=3&sub=

89Hen
November 16th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I certainly won't miss him next year. xsmiley_wix I did notice him playing with a cast against UD. xeyebrowx

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I certainly won't miss him next year. xsmiley_wix I did notice him playing with a cast against UD. xeyebrowx

Yeah, remember that Flacco pass that JMU almost picked off, the one where about 3 JMU players played major hot potato with the ball? One of those was Lezotte. He just couldn't catch the ball very well with the cast on. That's one of the reasons Landers was returning punts. #1 & #2 punt returners LC Baker & McGee (starting corner) were out. I think Darius Ramsey (backup corner) might have been an option, but he went out with a broken ankle. #3 was Lezotte, and he had the cast on. Landers was option #4.

rufus
November 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I don't think I can recall a more depleted JMU offense in the years I've followed the team. I would say these are our four strongest skill players:

1. Landers (QB)
2. Holloman (running back)
3. Baker (WR and punt returner)
4. Caussin (TE)

Number 2 through 4 are all out with injuries. It's easy to see why we're relying mostly on Landers' running game at this point. Defense doesn't look much better with no McGee or Ramsey. We also have the CAA's top defensive player, Tony Lezotte, playing with one arm. xsmhx

grizband
November 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I know its not quite the same, but Dan Carpenter, the Griz kicker, will start game number 52 this weekend against the Cats. I will do more research later and find out if another Griz player has started near 50 games in a career.

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I don't think I can recall a more depleted JMU offense in the years I've followed the team. I would say these are our four strongest skill players:

1. Landers (QB)
4. Caussin (TE)

Number 2 through 4 are all out with injuries. It's easy to see why we're relying mostly on Landers' running game at this point. Defense doesn't look much better with no McGee or Ramsey. We also have the CAA's top defensive player, Tony Lezotte, playing with one arm. xsmhx

You must not have been paying attention to the W&M game- McGee was back and will also play against Towson. LC Baker and Caussin are probable for Towson.:)

mcveyrl
November 16th, 2007, 05:23 PM

1. Landers (QB)
4. Caussin (TE)

You clearly don't remember the late '90s...

I was reminiscing this past weekend about Mike Conneley. He was a WR that ended up being our 5th or 6th QB. I don't remember the year, but we definitely went through 6 quarterbacks.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
ASU has a couple currently on their roster, I'm sure the o-line and WRs have similar numbers, but the secondary is most impressive, all four are seniors:

ASU SENIOR DBs
Name GP/GS
Howard 43/7
Lynch 51/50
Touchstone 51/51
Woazeah 51
TOTALS 196/158