PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want their team to have that Friday first round game???

appfan2008
November 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Just curious bc as an asu student I would love to have a game on saturday...

stevdock
November 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
We will be happy to play the Friday game, Sat. game, you name it we will play it.

appfan2008
November 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
We will be happy to play the Friday game, Sat. game, you name it we will play it.

sorry ndsu one more year for you...

brownbear
November 15th, 2007, 09:07 PM

Same here. We'd be glad to play a playoff game any time, anywhere.

tralfangar
November 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM
*their

appfan2008
November 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
*their

Yeah I know I realized that after it was too late... I couldn't edit the title...

tralfangar
November 15th, 2007, 09:14 PM
apology accepted (or excepted ;) )

ERASU2113
November 15th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I really do not care. I have a feeling though being the two-time defending champs.....most likely not seeded, the committee will give us a decent opponent and we'll be the Friday night game.

Would prefer a sat game. I'm covering the game....and would love an extra day to enjoy the turkey

ngineer
November 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
YES, YES, YES! Hey, you did say ANYONE...:o

UNCBears2010
November 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'll take it. It would have to be on the road though, Nottingham doesn't have lights, something the boosters need to get a-donatin' for.

Purple For Life
November 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Nope, I have to work that day and I don't know if I would have an easy time switching hours.

HaveFunKc
November 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I really do not care. I have a feeling though being the two-time defending champs.....most likely not seeded, the committee will give us a decent opponent and we'll be the Friday night game.

Would prefer a sat game. I'm covering the game....and would love an extra day to enjoy the turkey

As much as I hate to agree with you (and there are a ton of people coming up with every excuse in the world claiming we won't), I think you're right. E$PN won't pass up the chance to play that ace-in-the-hole and call App out for that Friday afternoon game... Probably THE only non-sellout of the the season. I'll be there, but no way we get over 15K Friday after Turkey Day... xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

T-Dog
November 16th, 2007, 01:32 AM
In a word, NO! I'm in Kentucky or Turkey Day so I'd have to leave early Friday morning for the 300 mile drive back to a deserted campus with no on-campus eateries open as a student.

(I'd still do it though. I'd just like that extra day with my extended family who I only see once a year. xthumbsupx )

Howabout a Saturday ESPN game? Aren't they going to have one of those? I much rather have that and you'd have more people there.

Just checked the ESPN schedule. The Friday game will be at 1:30! What a crappy time. There's a ESPNU slot open at 3:30 on Saturday.

*This is all of course if we beat UTC this weekend. Just not trying to have tunnel vision here and be as fair as possible. I know we should and probably will win that game though.

Uncle Buck
November 16th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Like the others, i would just like to have an opportunity to extend the season at least one more game.

PantherRob82
November 16th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I can't get out of work if we play on Friday. :(

appmountaineer
November 16th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I would like to have a fri. playoff game in boone. yeah it won't be sold out, but i wouldn't mind sitting back and relaxing on sat. to just watch football.

Saluki_man
November 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I have a feeling if there is a DSU/UD matchup, that will be the Friday game. Easy travel and the one site that will most likely to have the most fans(the only exception that I can think of is Montana game, but that won't happen because of travel).

skinny_uncle
November 16th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I can't get out of work if we play on Friday. :(

Sure you can.
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*

xsmiley_wix

bamamountaineer1013
Personally, being in Alabama and not having the opportunity to travel to the game, I think it would be great if it was on Friday. Still relaxing from eating too much, sitting on the couch watching the game would be fantastic. The Wife out shopping so there will be no distractions.

Houndawg
I'd take it, I work from Sat.-Wed.

PantherRob82
November 16th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Sure you can.
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*

xsmiley_wix

I'm using the rest of my flex time for Chatty, so if I bail on Friday (my boss would totally know anyway), and we made the Championship, I would not be able to go.

Hopefully Delaware or App St get it

McNeeserocket
November 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM

McNeese absolutely does not want a Friday game. McNeese only schedules Saturday night games. Any other time, would be horrible for attendance. McNeese, on occasion, has scheduled day games on Saturday and they are typically not as well attended as night games. We have never schedule Thursday night games at Cowboy Stadium (at least none in my recollection and I have been going since 1971). We have refused to schedule any games that do not follow a Saturday night schedule, even when it has meant losing the ability to be on TV.

Our area has a strong Oil Refining employment base with thousands of employees. These employees have managed to schedule months in advance to have Saturday nights off in order to attend McNeese football games. Changing the day of the game or even changing time of day for the game would cause problems for a large segment of our fan base who attend home games. The other local concern is high school playoff games would conflict with a Friday night game and our area supports high school games and would not appreciate being able to attend both games.

Of course, regardless of when the game is scheduled, many McNeese fans will find a way to be there no matter what. If the NCAA wants money from the gate it would really need to consider another venue other than McNeese for a night game.

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
McNeese absolutely does not want a Friday night game. McNeese only schedules Saturday night games. Any other time, would be horrible for attendance. McNeese, on occasion, has scheduled day games on Saturday and they are typically not as well attended as night games. We have never schedule Thursday night games at Cowboy Stadium (at least none in my recollection and I have been going since 1971). We have refused to schedule any games that do not follow a Saturday night schedule, even when it has meant losing the ability to be on TV.

Our area has a strong Oil Refining employment base with thousands of employees. These employees have managed to schedule months in advance to have Saturday nights off in order to attend McNeese football games. Changing the day of the game or even changing time of day for the game would cause problems for a large segment of our fan base who attend home games. The other local concern is high school playoff games would conflict with a Friday night game and our area supports high school games and would not appreciate being able to attend both games.

Of course, regardless of when the game is scheduled, many McNeese fans will find a way to be there no matter what. If the NCAA wants money from the gate it would really need to consider another venue other than McNeese for a night game.

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx There IS NO FRI NIGHT I-AA PLAYOFF GAME Fri after Thanksgiving! Its Fri AFTERNOON, listed on ESPN's TV listings at 1:30 eastern time, which would be 12:30 Central. Unless in Louisiana you call afternoon night? :) People could go to that and Fri night HS games.

LacesOut
November 16th, 2007, 01:11 PM
As a UD fan, no, I don't want that Friday afternoon game. College football is played on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EKU05
November 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I'd be fine with Friday, but only if it the game was at 3:30 or later.

Griz0383
November 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I would love it for the 2nd round since I serve the national guard and have drill on that saturday! as long as I get to see the game live in missoula I dont care when its played! Go Griz

Grizzaholic
November 16th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I would love it for the 2nd round since I serve the national guard and have drill on that saturday! as lond as get to see the game live in missoula I dont care when its played! Go Griz

I always thought the NG doesn't have drill on Griz home games.

89Hen
November 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM
As a UD fan, no, I don't want that Friday afternoon game. College football is played on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DO want the game Friday. I did a poll and something like 80% of the people here that voted do not have work or school that day. It's basically a Saturday. Plus, we'd get to watch the Saturday games live instead of taped.

Give us the Friday game! xnodx xthumbsupx

placidlakegriz
November 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM

Nothing prettier than Wash-Grizzly Stadium all lit up at night.

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I would love it for the 2nd round since I serve the national guard and have drill on that saturday! as lond as get to see the game live in missoula I dont care when its played! Go Griz

Yeah, but if the game was 1:30 east coast time wouldn't that be 11:30 in Missoula?

McNeeserocket
November 16th, 2007, 02:00 PM
xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx There IS NO FRI NIGHT I-AA PLAYOFF GAME Fri after Thanksgiving! Its Fri AFTERNOON, listed on ESPN's TV listings at 1:30 eastern time, which would be 12:30 Central. Unless in Louisiana you call afternoon night? :) People could go to that and Fri night HS games.

Ok, corrected the Friday night to just Friday. Won't matter anyway. No game time is good unless it is Saturday night. It is the way things shape up here.

The only time McNeese accepts a different time for a home game is if we are forced to have an afternoon Semi Final game and even then it needs to be on a Saturday night if they want the maximum crowd.

Go...gate
November 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Colgate would love to play on Friday afternoon, Monday morning, you name it.

Purple For Life
November 16th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, but if the game was 1:30 east coast time wouldn't that be 11:30 in Missoula?

Yes. Can the Griz play football that early on a Friday?

appfan2008
November 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
As an APP fan I would love for the friday DAY game to be UD DSU... it makes more sense and i would love to watch that on tv...

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2007, 03:11 PM
GIVE US DUH FRIDAY SPOT....(prime time..prime time)......WHIFF ALL DUH I-AA NATION TUNED.......DUH HENS.....WILL PUT DUH...."FEAR O' DUH BIRD".....INTA DUH HEARTS O' DUH FCS WHIRL............BRAWK/[email protected]

APPSTER
November 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I'm using the rest of my flex time for Chatty, so if I bail on Friday (my boss would totally know anyway), and we made the Championship, I would not be able to go.

Hopefully Delaware or App St get it

Hey Rob, whatever your job is....it isn't so important that you couldn't bail to see your Panthers in the National Championship. I know people that have missed either the '05 or '06 National Championship (and/or the Michigan game) and they hate themselves. If your boss wouldn't let you off for that, maybe you need a new boss.

proasu89
November 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM

Bring some leftovers with you. I have a feeling there will be a lot of tailgate turkey in the parking lot.

Just hope it doesn't put everyone to sleep:o

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yes. Can the Griz play football that early on a Friday?

IFIN'...ESPN STAYS FIRM ON 1:30pm........IT'S UH EAST COAST BIAS...KICK-OFF...........DELAWARE/DELAWARE STATE..........xnodx..BRAWK!

Squealofthepig
November 16th, 2007, 04:07 PM
OK, pardon my ignorance of this, but have a procedural question.:o

When the pairings are announced, how are the times and dates decided? Does the selection committee work with ESPN on selecting the game, or does ESPN select which game they would like to have on Friday afternoon?

Looks like the game has a good chance of being on the East coast, given the time - and agree with other posters that DU/DSU would probably be the game to select. Personally, I'm just ready for a lot of football and some classic programs butting heads!

appfan2008
November 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
ESPN rules the roost they pick which game they want and when...

Intrepid
November 16th, 2007, 06:26 PM
First round game on Friday night = very bad idea

More people will attend the game if it is held on a Saturday...