PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions-11/17

JALMOND
November 15th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Last week of the Big Sky conference games, and the last game for many. How many are playing for pride and how many are just playing the string? I know one thing. If I'm perfect this week (4-0 with NAU not playing), my final record will be 50-14. Therefore, it gives me a good reason to get this weekend right. With that in mind, here's the picks (and my feeble attempt at perfection)...

ISU @ Sac State---Both the Bengals and the Hornets are playing good football right now. The Bengals stayed with Montana for three quarters and was still within striking distance at the end. The Hornets were given an opportunity at the end against Northern Colorado and took advantage of it. Both have been playing for pride most of the year and both have been doing well. So who wins?...Sac State 22, ISU 20.

PSU @ UNC---The Vikings have been giving up big quarters lately (understatement of the year). The Bears have been really competitive since their win over Montana State. Offensively challenged teams have had their way against the Vikings lately, which plays right in the hands of the Bears. Is there really any way the Vikings can win this game, a game they should win?...End third, PSU 17, UNC 7. Final, UNC 35, PSU 32.

WSU @ EWU---This is an interesting matchup for the last game of the year. The team that has played the best in conference all year (excluding Montana, of course) against the team that has played the best second half of the year (excluding Montana, of course). The Wildcats found out that you can't take September off and expect to be in the hunt at the end. The Eagles, aside from a hiccup against Portland State, have played maybe the best out of anyone not from Montana. So who gets this game? Don't bet against the home team...EWU 28, WSU 26.

and the conference game of the week,

UM @ MSU---The Brawl of the Wild, Cat-Griz, Griz-Cat, whatever you want to call it. The season has been decided already for both, but there still is something to play for. The Griz would like a win to maybe secure a seed in the playoffs (and a chance to play at home). The Cats would like nothing better than to beat the Griz and prevent that from happening (so they can rub the Griz noses in it all year). Who wants it more?...UM 16, MSU 13.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Sounds about right, except that I think the Eastern~Weber game is going to put up a lot more points. Eastern showed how explosive they can be last weekend against NAU, putting up 52 split between the D and O. Weber has shown what they can do (avg. of 57 pts/game the last three). Unless the Weber D from the beginning of the season shows up, I expect a shootout... EWU 45, Weber St. 34

AZGrizFan
November 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Sounds about right, except that I think the Eastern~Weber game is going to put up a lot more points. Eastern showed how explosive they can be last weekend against NAU, putting up 52 split between the D and O. Weber has shown what they can do (avg. of 57 pts/game the last three). Unless the Weber D from the beginning of the season shows up, I expect a shootout... EWU 45, Weber St. 34

I would agree with this assessment. xnodx xnodx xnodx

wapiti
November 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
MSU wins over UM.xnodx

already123
November 15th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Weber's offensive prowess ends. they won't score more than 28.

EWU 38-28

kalm
November 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Rain is expected the next three days including Saturday. The field was in great shape, but could get sloppy in a hurry, negating some of our speed.

ncbears
November 15th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I think psu beats unc. We're pretty banged up. Too many injuries.

slostang
November 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Jalmond, I have enjoy reading both your Big Sky Power Rankings and Big Sky Predictions each week. You have done a great job and it is always enjoyable to read. You got some great insight to the Big Sky and a fairly unbiased eye. Are you going to do a Power Rankings after the playoffs for what you think the Big Sky will look like in 2008?

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Last week of the Big Sky conference games, and the last game for many. How many are playing for pride and how many are just playing the string? I know one thing. If I'm perfect this week (4-0 with NAU not playing), my final record will be 50-14. Therefore, it gives me a good reason to get this weekend right. With that in mind, here's the picks (and my feeble attempt at perfection)...

ISU @ Sac State---Both the Bengals and the Hornets are playing good football right now. The Bengals stayed with Montana for three quarters and was still within striking distance at the end. The Hornets were given an opportunity at the end against Northern Colorado and took advantage of it. Both have been playing for pride most of the year and both have been doing well. So who wins?...Sac State 22, ISU 20.

PSU @ UNC---The Vikings have been giving up big quarters lately (understatement of the year). The Bears have been really competitive since their win over Montana State. Offensively challenged teams have had their way against the Vikings lately, which plays right in the hands of the Bears. Is there really any way the Vikings can win this game, a game they should win?...End third, PSU 17, UNC 7. Final, UNC 35, PSU 32.

WSU @ EWU---This is an interesting matchup for the last game of the year. The team that has played the best in conference all year (excluding Montana, of course) against the team that has played the best second half of the year (excluding Montana, of course). The Wildcats found out that you can't take September off and expect to be in the hunt at the end. The Eagles, aside from a hiccup against Portland State, have played maybe the best out of anyone not from Montana. So who gets this game? Don't bet against the home team...EWU 28, WSU 26.

UM @ MSU---The Brawl of the Wild, Cat-Griz, Griz-Cat, whatever you want to call it. The season has been decided already for both, but there still is something to play for. The Griz would like a win to maybe secure a seed in the playoffs (and a chance to play at home). The Cats would like nothing better than to beat the Griz and prevent that from happening (so they can rub the Griz noses in it all year). Who wants it more?...UM 16, MSU 13.

UNC will have to wait until next year to get their second win in BFSC play. But next year they will get 4 wins in conference.

placidlakegriz
November 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
UNC will have to wait until next year to get their second win in BFSC play. But next year they will get 4 wins in conference.

Besides the bobcats, who will they beat??xlolx

ncbears
November 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Agreed.

already123
November 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Who are the 4 wins?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Sac State, MSU, ISU, and NAU xthumbsupx

ncbears
November 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM

In the meantime I don't want to read or hear the words Sac State until next season when we play them. I will never see such a luckier play to win a game like they had the rest of my life.

Help me think of another word we can use for them.

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM

Substitute PSu for Sac State and you got it! And before you PSU fans start in on me, you and me both know that they always choke on atleast one game every year and next year it will be UNC.

I Bleed Purple
November 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
It's our playoff game, so I'm looking for a win for us.

Sorry to my other BSC brethren.

wapiti
November 16th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Sac State, UM, ISU, and NAU xthumbsupx

Yup, that looks right.

UNCBears2010
November 16th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I can see four wins next year for the Bears. We can repeat our 32 point improvement from this year against NAU at home, take ISU at home, get revenge on Sac State, and either upset EWU at home or take out MSU or PSU on the road.

already123
November 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I can see four wins next year for the Bears. We can repeat our 32 point improvement from this year against NAU at home, take ISU at home, get revenge on Sac State, and either upset EWU at home or take out MSU or PSU on the road.

MSU, ISU sure. There is no way you are beating NAU next year. IF that were to happen, Ill change my name to "Number1UNCfan" xcoffeex

UNCBears2010
November 16th, 2007, 08:29 PM
MSU, ISU sure. There is no way you are beating NAU next year. IF that were to happen, Ill change my name to "Number1UNCfan" xcoffeex

Just curious, how many guys do you lose after this season?

JALMOND
November 16th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Jalmond, I have enjoy reading both your Big Sky Power Rankings and Big Sky Predictions each week. You have done a great job and it is always enjoyable to read. You got some great insight to the Big Sky and a fairly unbiased eye. Are you going to do a Power Rankings after the playoffs for what you think the Big Sky will look like in 2008?

Maybe, but that may take up more time than the fiancee is giving me. :D

Really, the Griz have been the team to beat for many years now. The old saying "Most teams regroup, ____________ just reloads" really does apply to Griz football. Next year, someone just may challenge the Griz for supremacy. EWU, NAU and Weber State all have strong teams coming back and a great year to build on. I think give both MSU and PSU another year to blend a new coaching philosophy and both could be at the top. Sacramento State gave almost everyone within conference a whale of a game, they could surprise next year. UNC showed late in the season that they have turned a corner. ISU may be a step behind, but don't count out the Bengals to turn a few heads next year. Spring ball, recruiting and scheduling all may play a role in who comes out on top next year in the Big Sky, if it is the Griz or someone new.

That said, I'll stick with "too many variables". The official 2008 Big Sky power rankings will come out the Monday before the season begins.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM
There's no way NC beats Eastern next year. I'm not sure on exact numbers, but were only getting rid of 5 or so seniors. Nichols and most of his WRs and backs are sophmores. Montana is in big trouble next year when they come to Cheney. I'm calling it right now, Eastern takes the BSC Title next year... outright! xrulesx

JALMOND
November 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM

3-1 this week means I finish the year 49-15. Any guesses as to which one I missed? xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xbawlingx xlolx

I guess the moral of this season is, Never bet against your own team.