PDA

View Full Version : GSU's Jayson Foster 4 Payton (Video)

GaSouthern
November 14th, 2007, 10:03 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOfVreEXJM4

Syntax Error
November 14th, 2007, 10:13 PM
AWESOME!

GreatAppSt
November 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOfVreEXJM4

I hate that guy.:D xbowx xbowx

PaladinFan
November 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Didn't show any electrifying runs against Furman...oh right, didn't have any :).

SoCon loses a great competitor. I'm just glad Furman got to end his career against SoCon competition with a decleating hit from Andrew Jones (first time we hit him in 4 years) ;)

Won't say I'll miss him though....

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
what a great player...

cant believe he was used so little last year...

go beat csu this week and we will see you in the playoffs...

Syntax Error
November 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
what a great player...
cant believe he was used so little last year...
go beat csu this week and we will see you in the playoffs...I have a feeling we'll see him in Chattanooga. With or without the Eagles.

appmountaineer
November 15th, 2007, 12:14 AM
he's def. got a good shot at winning the Payton this year

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2007, 12:24 AM
He is awesome. That's Barry Sander's with an arm!

Maroon&White
November 15th, 2007, 12:39 AM
The record for consecutive 200yd rushing games is three? Did I read that right? I'm just surprised because I thought someone like AP would have had more then two in a row during his great career.

T-Dog
November 15th, 2007, 12:46 AM
You should post this over at Ramnation.com xthumbsupx

OldTiredGriz
November 15th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Impressive is the word that comes to mind. He has great vision...speed too. I don't know his size offhand, but he doesn't have the size of the large running backs or quarterbacks....he's certainly not afraid of contact though. He has to be one of the strong favorites for the Payton.

McNeese_beat
November 15th, 2007, 02:13 AM
I love the play where it's a double-reverse, with the option pitch back to the QB, who throws a TD pass.

Whoever drew that play up must have been giddy, brilliant, or drunk...or all three!!!

But it was fun to watchit.

straightshooter
November 15th, 2007, 06:49 AM
That play is called "Big Boy." It was drawn up by Coach Hatcher's seven year old son Ty on his PlayStation. Hatcher says he got a lot of those crazy plays, but they're hard to coach and hard for the players to block. Glad to see this one worked when we needed it to.

GaSouthern
November 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM
The record for consecutive 200yd rushing games is three? Did I read that right? I'm just surprised because I thought someone like AP would have had more then two in a row during his great career.

The difference is Jayson has been allowed to play all four quarters and adrian peterson was usually riding the pine in the start of the 3rd quarter cause we were usually blowing everyone out. It's different now, with these nail biters Jayson has had much more playing time in this one season.

SuperEagle
November 15th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Didn't show any electrifying runs against Furman...oh right, didn't have any :).

SoCon loses a great competitor. I'm just glad Furman got to end his career against SoCon competition with a decleating hit from Andrew Jones (first time we hit him in 4 years) ;)

Won't say I'll miss him though....
It's funny how you guys "stopped" a guy who had 82 yds rushing which was 30 more yds than Jerome Felton who most FU fans think the world of.
And we still have a shot at the playoffs (which you don't) so he may just yet get to play some more SOCON competion.
Jayson is a class act. It's a shame our FG kicker isn't any better or Jayson could be the QB of the SOCN champs.
I didn't mean this to turn into smack. It was supposed to be a congrats to Jayson thread until you decided to be a tool.

SuperEagle
November 15th, 2007, 07:30 AM
btw in 3 games as a starting QB Jayson had 430 rushing yds against FU which averages out to be 143ypg. Do you really think you guys slowed him down?

straightshooter
November 15th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Yea, they slowed down his rushing yardage, but forgot that he can also pass. The three TD passes were things of beauty. We certainly didn't lose that game or any others because of Jayson Foster.

I know there are other great players out there this season, but I don't think that there is one who is his equal. He doesn't have the overall supporting cast that some of these other candidates have. We have been injured on both sides of the ball more than I can ever remember, and Jayson is having to make plays that frankly only Jayson can make.

Right now he's has nine TD runs over 50 yards this season. I know this is not a career award, but no other player ever has ever thrown for a TD over 80 yards, rushed for a TD over 80 yards, caught a pass for a TD over 80 yards, returned a punt for a TD over 80 yards and returned a kickoff for a TD over 80 yards. And no NCAA D1 QB has ever rushed for more yards in a season than Jayson.

I know I'm a Foster homer, but if the voters really take a look at the finalists and what they've done, it will be hard to deny him the award.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Jerome Felton is a fullback. He's rushed for over 100 yrds in maybe only 3 or 4 games his entire career. That's comparing apples to oranges. Foster had twice as many carries and 30 more yards rushing. His longest run was a whopping 4 yrds more than Jerome's. Foster averages, what, 30 carries a game? Felton rarely gets more than 15 or so. Not an equal comparison.

Considering Foster was the cog that made the wheel turn in your offense, yes we slowed him down. He has a 1-3 record v Furman.

ASUG8
November 15th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I think Foster is also leading the league in breaking the most defenders' ankles if I'm not mistaken......

I gotta admit, that 4:00 mark in the vid where he's running all over us was painful to relive, but you have to respect his ability.

He's a machine, and a huge loss to GSU - I hope he tears it up this weekend. Any GSU guys know his 40 time? Looks like he blisters every secondary in this vid.

GaSouthern
November 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM
4.34 xnodx

OL FU
November 15th, 2007, 08:23 AM
It's funny how you guys "stopped" a guy who had 82 yds rushing which was 30 more yds than Jerome Felton who most FU fans think the world of.
And we still have a shot at the playoffs (which you don't) so he may just yet get to play some more SOCON competion.
Jayson is a class act. It's a shame our FG kicker isn't any better or Jayson could be the QB of the SOCN champs.
I didn't mean this to turn into smack. It was supposed to be a congrats to Jayson thread until you decided to be a tool.

He tried to pay him a compliment as back handed as it might have sounded. The fact is this is the first year we came close to stopping him and holding him to 82 yards was a plus for us.

On the other hand, if your coach last year would have had the good sense to keep him at QB last year at the end of the game after he lead your team down to our 20, we probably would have lost that game:o

OL FU
November 15th, 2007, 08:25 AM
He is truly an awesome player and from everything I have heard a wonderful person. xthumbsupx

blueballs
November 15th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Jerome Felton is a fullback. He's rushed for over 100 yrds in maybe only 3 or 4 games his entire career. That's comparing apples to oranges. Foster had twice as many carries and 30 more yards rushing. His longest run was a whopping 4 yrds more than Jerome's. Foster averages, what, 30 carries a game? Felton rarely gets more than 15 or so. Not an equal comparison.

Considering Foster was the cog that made the wheel turn in your offense, yes we slowed him down. He has a 1-3 record v Furman.

Okay, you're right... Felton is the almighty of all almightys, the greatest FB in the history of the SoCon (better than even Peterson and Austin- both of whom had over 5k rushing yds) and perhaps all of football fro ever and ever.

Now here's the key question... ask any supporter of any team in the conference not named Furman or Georgia Southern which player they'd rather have- you won't like the answer.

straightshooter
November 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Just ask Bobby Lamb...

gasouthern01
November 15th, 2007, 08:46 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/gasouthern01/FosterandErk.jpg

SuperEagle
November 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM
He is truly an awesome player and from everything I have heard a wonderful person. xthumbsupx
He truly is. And thanks for the kind words. We may be rivals but it's okay to compliment players on the other team without taking swipes at them.
You guys beat us and earned the win. Congrats. But for anyone to not acknowledge and respect Foster's accomplishments is crazy. No QB has ever done what he has. He is #1 in rushing yds for a season. Pretty amazing.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 15th, 2007, 09:36 AM

This year he didn't. Last year if I recall correctly, he took roughly 10 snaps as QB and one went 81 yards for a TD. He had a bunch of other rushing yards as well. He single handily drove all the way to the redzone when coach took him out to throw three INCs and lose the game. xbangx xbangx Glad he's gone.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 10:16 AM
He truly is. And thanks for the kind words. We may be rivals but it's okay to compliment players on the other team without taking swipes at them.
You guys beat us and earned the win. Congrats. But for anyone to not acknowledge and respect Foster's accomplishments is crazy. No QB has ever done what he has. He is #1 in rushing yds for a season. Pretty amazing.

If you don't take what I said tongue in cheek, than re-read it. No single player has given Furman more fits in recent years than Foster. I took the opportunity to rib you, no need to take it personal.

The fact is both of our fans got to watch two awesome players finish off two great careers this season. I was certainly not taking a swipe at anybody. Lighten up.

straightshooter
November 15th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Rest assured, Furman would love to have had Foster and GSU would love to have had Felton. They are both great players.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Rest assured, Furman would love to have had Foster and GSU would love to have had Felton. They are both great players.

I personally would have loved to have both. Little thunder and lightning action.

already123
November 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM
amazing

straightshooter
November 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM
That 4.34 time is on grass and in football cleats. He runs away from defenders because his "football speed" doesn't really drop off from his 40 time.

One pro scout mentioned that they measure a player's football speed based on how many strides he uses to cover five yards. Those who can cover five yards in two strides are flying. He said that Foster covers six yards in two strides.

Kill'em
November 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
You should post this over at Ramnation.com xthumbsupx

Noooo. I want it to be a surprise! xshhhx

CSU preparing for Jayson is like UNI trying to prepare for Tracy Ham.

soweagle
November 15th, 2007, 01:08 PM
He tried to pay him a compliment as back handed as it might have sounded. The fact is this is the first year we came close to stopping him and holding him to 82 yards was a plus for us.

On the other hand, if your coach last year would have had the good sense to keep him at QB last year at the end of the game after he lead your team down to our 20, we probably would have lost that game:o

...or at least have let him attempt a pass to keep the defense honest at some point in the game.

Van Gorder was a great defensive coach, so great he could stop his own offense as well.xrolleyesx

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 01:43 PM
That 4.34 time is on grass and in football cleats. He runs away from defenders because his "football speed" doesn't really drop off from his 40 time.

One pro scout mentioned that they measure a player's football speed based on how many strides he uses to cover five yards. Those who can cover five yards in two strides are flying. He said that Foster covers six yards in two strides.

There is a huge difference in straight line speed and football speed. I'll still remain amazed that at App State's proday Richie Williams ran a 4.88, on turf, at altitude.

Williams was so quick moving side to side in a game situation that you don't really notice that he wasn't much faster than an avg. linebacker. It's incredible that Foster maintains both.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Watching that film, I noticed the thing Furman didn't do that a lot of the other teams did. Furman didn't allow their defensive ends to attack Foster in the backfield, opting instead to let him come to them.

A lot of those big runs first came with Foster making an over pursuing DE miss in the backfield and then attacking the corner he so conveniently vacated.

blueballs
November 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Watching that film, I noticed the thing Furman didn't do that a lot of the other teams did. Furman didn't allow their defensive ends to attack Foster in the backfield, opting instead to let him come to them.

A lot of those big runs first came with Foster making an over pursuing DE miss in the backfield and then attacking the corner he so conveniently vacated.

...which is very smart, disciplined, assignment football; the key to containing any option attack. Hopefully CSU doesn't catch on as quickly as you did.

pete4256
November 15th, 2007, 02:41 PM

What that did besides containing the big plays on the ground was allow Foster all day to pass--

Unfortunately, our passing game doesn't inspire confidence to the point where we felt comfortable doing it. Hopefully, this week we'll be better prepared to throw the ball in case CSU sits back on Foster.

And let's keep in mind that Foster didn't have a terrible day on the ground. Take away the huge loss when he slipped almost 15 yards deep on 3 and 3 (when Lowe was the QB), and he's got close to 100 yards.

On Saturday it wasn't quite enough.

Containment has been FU's answer to our offense for the past 4 or 5 years. They've coupled that with ball-control on offense. Those two things are much more easily desired than achieved, so I'm optimistic that CSU won't be able to pull them off. I doubt they're worried enough to go that route anyway. :)

Kill'em
November 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
The option isn't new to Furman. They saw it for 20 years and saw Foster at QB in '05. Besides, they run a little option, themselves.

GaSouthern
November 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
There is a huge difference in straight line speed and football speed. I'll still remain amazed that at App State's proday Richie Williams ran a 4.88, on turf, at altitude.

Williams was so quick moving side to side in a game situation that you don't really notice that he wasn't much faster than an avg. linebacker. It's incredible that Foster maintains both.

4.88?!?!?!?!

WOW! xeyebrowx amazing that he looked soooooooo fast on TV and was only running a 4.8

No kidding, I was sure 4.5 would be AT LEAST how fast richie was xbowx

citdog
November 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM
foster can't win the payton if he doesn't even get all conf as a qb. which he won't. sorry gsu'ers just reinserting a little reality to your world.

carry on

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
What that did besides containing the big plays on the ground was allow Foster all day to pass--

Unfortunately, our passing game doesn't inspire confidence to the point where we felt comfortable doing it. Hopefully, this week we'll be better prepared to throw the ball in case CSU sits back on Foster.

And let's keep in mind that Foster didn't have a terrible day on the ground. Take away the huge loss when he slipped almost 15 yards deep on 3 and 3 (when Lowe was the QB), and he's got close to 100 yards.

On Saturday it wasn't quite enough.

Containment has been FU's answer to our offense for the past 4 or 5 years. They've coupled that with ball-control on offense. Those two things are much more easily desired than achieved, so I'm optimistic that CSU won't be able to pull them off. I doubt they're worried enough to go that route anyway. :)

Right, but with Foster you choose your poison. From a defensive standpoint you would much rather Foster pass the ball 25 times than run the ball 25 times.

Most of the big throws were early in the game (including one where our nickel man slipped leaving Andrews wide open). Foster is just not nearly as dangerous a passer, and by the end of the game Furman's often suspect pass defense wasn't letting much by.

Foster is most effective when the Eagles stay out of obvious passing downs. He can occasionally sneak a throw in there fine, but you don't want to rely on him to do it over the course of a game.

gatadotcom
November 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Jayson is Georgia Southern's "Superman"!

http://www.gata.com/gataimages/superman.jpg

gsugt1
November 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM
foster can't win the payton if he doesn't even get all conf as a qb. which he won't. sorry gsu'ers just reinserting a little reality to your world.

carry on

He might not but he will win socon offensive player of the year. Which by the way carries more weight than being all socon at qb.

citdog
November 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM
He might not but he will win socon offensive player of the year. Which by the way carries more weight than being all socon at qb.

ok so using your logic a qb can not even be the best in his conference but can be the best in the usa?xeyebrowx

gsugt1
November 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
ok so using your logic a qb can not even be the best in his conference but can be the best in the usa?xeyebrowx
Please !! The best player wins the Payton. You are the only person in the socon who thinks he isn't the best player overall ? It appears so. He was the best player in the socon this year. Tell me who was better and more deserving. Tell me who is better than him ? Tell me who has 9 td runs over 50 yards this year ? Tell me who can change the game like him ? .... Thats right there isn't anyone.

citdog
November 15th, 2007, 06:04 PM
You are the only person in the socon who thinks he isn't the best player ? It appears so. He was the best player in the socon this year. Period.

you will see that i am not the only one when Riddle and Lawson are awarded All Socon qb slots.

gsugt1
November 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
you will see that i am not the only one when Riddle and Lawson are awarded All Socon qb slots.

Doubtful. Lawson missed a few games. Riddle is good but Jayson is the one player in the league who can change the game on any play. You should know that. Everyone knows he is the most dangerous player in the socon hands down.

He broke Citadels heart didn't he ? And I loved it.

Jayson is the best player in the socon this year. He is unique and a very special player. Now quit hating and get over it.

By the way last time I checked Lawson or Riddle aren't on the Payton list. So how can Jayson be on the list for the best in the country and not be the best in the Socon ? Using your logic of course.

Baldy
November 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Doubtful. Lawson missed a few games. Riddle is good but Jayson is the one player in the league who can change the game on any play. You should know that. Everyone knows he is the most dangerous player in the socon hands down.

Jayson is the best player in the socon this year. He is unique and a very special player. Now quit hating and get over it.

By the way last time I checked Lawson or Riddle aren't on the Payton list. So how can Jayson be on the list for the best in the country and not be the best in the Socon ? Using your logic of course.

Citdog and his "logic"

[img]http://medchecker.com/signs/sign-generator/simple.aspx?color=green&color2=&watermark=&gradient=&spacing=18&x=240&y=55&w=149&h=108&move=0&move2=&rotate=-1&fontsize=16&text=I+sez%0D%0ALawsun+is%0D%0Aall+sokon%0D%0A%0D% 0A&font=kid&allow=1605&pic=Retarded-Handicap&align=Center&align2=&transparency=255[img]

Baldy
November 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM

An example of Citdog's "logic"...

http://medchecker.com/signs/sign-generator/simple.aspx?color=green&color2=&watermark=&gradient=&spacing=18&x=240&y=55&w=149&h=108&move=0&move2=&rotate=-1&fontsize=16&text=I+sez%0D%0ALawsun+is%0D%0Aall+sokon%0D%0A%0D% 0A&font=kid&allow=1605&pic=Retarded-Handicap&align=Center&align2=&transparency=255

X-Factor
November 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I gotta agree, Foster looks wicked sick in that video. Foster has got some great moves. I am just glad I don't vote for the Payton because it would be hard voting against our guy Tyler Roehl.

Syntax Error
November 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
you will see that i am not the only one when Riddle and Lawson are awarded All Socon qb slots.That would be AFTER the Payton voting is done.

ERASU2113
November 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Regardless.......Foster is the one guy I'm glad is gone from the SoCon next season. He ran all over us when he played App

BALD EAGLE
November 15th, 2007, 09:53 PM
As a longtime Ga. Southern fan who has attended more than 200 games since 1985 I have watched a lot of great players - Citdog do you remember Jack Douglas and Gene Brown? great players but Jayson Foster was better than either one of them in my humble opinion -and there were only a very few who were as good as Jayson.

I will not even pretend that I am being objective when it comes to Jayson Foster he has as much class if not more than any player I have ever watched play college football.

I have had the privilege to meet Jayson on a few occasions, and
he was always very respectful and very intelligent when he talked with me.

Yes, I am very impressed with Jayson, and I would suggest that anyone who is not to take a close look at how he handled the situation last year playing for the worse coach in football history. Needlessly to say he handled the situation with tremendous class and with tremendous leadership.

Jayson Foster, in my mind, will always belong in that very special group of great Ga. Southern Quarterbacks who have won a National Championship - Tracy Ham, Raymond Gross, Greg Hill and J.R. Revere - even if he does not win one.

I believe that if Coach Russell or Coach Johnson had been the head coach for the four years of Jayson's career the Eagles would have won at least 2 and maybe 3 National Championships.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Kill'em
November 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM

carry on

As far as that goes, it might be true. Riddle lit up the SoCon as a passer. Lawson was the best dual threat but Foster was as goos as anyone in the nation at changing a game. He doesn't win the award purely as a QB. He was also made plays as a returner, receiver, and a running back. Defenses keyed on stopping him and still had trouble stopping him. This is why he is a Payton frontrunner.

blueballs
November 16th, 2007, 08:33 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolxxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolxxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolxxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

citdog
November 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
As a longtime Ga. Southern fan who has attended more than 200 games since 1985 I have watched a lot of great players - Citdog do you remember Jack Douglas and Gene Brown? great players but Jayson Foster was better than either one of them in my humble opinion -and there were only a very few who were as good as Jayson.

I will not even pretend that I am being objective when it comes to Jayson Foster he has as much class if not more than any player I have ever watched play college football.

I have had the privilege to meet Jayson on a few occasions, and
he was always very respectful and very intelligent when he talked with me.

Yes, I am very impressed with Jayson, and I would suggest that anyone who is not to take a close look at how he handled the situation last year playing for the worse coach in football history. Needlessly to say he handled the situation with tremendous class and with tremendous leadership.

Jayson Foster, in my mind, will always belong in that very special group of great Ga. Southern Quarterbacks who have won a National Championship - Tracy Ham, Raymond Gross, Greg Hill and J.R. Revere - even if he does not win one.

I believe that if Coach Russell or Coach Johnson had been the head coach for the four years of Jayson's career the Eagles would have won at least 2 and maybe 3 National Championships.

GO EAGLES

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

i do remember Gene snd Jack! Colonel Douglas is now on our Board of Visitors. He was the leader of our teams that defeated USC, Arkansas, Army, and won our '92 Socon Champ. I don't deny that Foster is a great player, possibly the best I have ever seen, but as a pure Qb he cannot hold a candle to our Lawson or Elon's Riddle. imho

blueballs
November 16th, 2007, 11:34 AM
i do remember Gene snd Jack! Colonel Douglas is now on our Board of Visitors. He was the leader of our teams that defeated USC, Arkansas, Army, and won our '92 Socon Champ. I don't deny that Foster is a great player, possibly the best I have ever seen, but as a pure Qb he cannot hold a candle to our Lawson or Elon's Riddle. imho

What's a "pure" quarterback?

Baldy
November 16th, 2007, 12:09 PM
What's a "pure" quarterback?
Exactly, but I'll take it a step further.

Riddle is a "pure" quarterback. Lawson, on the other hand, is a "dual threat" quarterback. As far as dual threat QB's go, Lawson couldn't hold Jayson Foster's jockstrap in a #4 washtub.

citdog
November 16th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Exactly, but I'll take it a step further.

Riddle is a "pure" quarterback. Lawson, on the other hand, is a "dual threat" quarterback. As far as dual threat QB's go, Lawson couldn't hold Jayson Foster's jockstrap in a #4 washtub.

as a passer, which is the primary thing a Qb is supposed to do Jayson Foster is not even close to being as good as Duran Lawson and y'all know it.

Baldy
November 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM
as a passer, which is the primary thing a Qb is supposed to do Jayson Foster is not even close to being as good as Duran Lawson and y'all know it.
According to whom?

citdog
November 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM
According to whom?

according to me baldy......

don't you know that my opinion is the only one that matters?xlolx

ASUG8
November 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Lawson, on the other hand, is a "dual threat" quarterback. As far as dual threat QB's go, Lawson couldn't hold Jayson Foster's jockstrap in a #4 washtub.

The only other guy in the SoCon is Armanti, and we've got him for 2 more years (if he can stay healthy). I think Foster has more pure speed than Edwards, but they're both fun to watch. Foster is the man this year, and a Payton award is an appropriate parting gift to a great senior.

Baldy
November 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
The only other guy in the SoCon is Armanti, and we've got him for 2 more years (if he can stay healthy). I think Foster has more pure speed than Edwards, but they're both fun to watch. Foster is the man this year, and a Payton award is an appropriate parting gift to a great senior.
Definitely, I was going to put Edwards jock strap in the washtub with Jayson's, but Citdog was smart enough (an oxymoron if there ever was) to leave Armanti out of his statement. xsmiley_wix

The only way Edwards doesn't win AT LEAST one of the next two Payton Awards is if he doesn't stay healthy. Unfortunately, the few times I have been able to see Edwards play, he has taken a lot of punishment.

blueballs
November 16th, 2007, 01:57 PM
The only way Edwards doesn't win AT LEAST one of the next two Payton Awards is if he doesn't stay healthy. Unfortunately, the few times I have been able to see Edwards play, he has taken a lot of punishment.

I would imagine that's right... as App will likely be better next year than this year.

ASUG8
November 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Definitely, I was going to put Edwards jock strap in the washtub with Jayson's, but Citdog was smart enough (an oxymoron if there ever was) to leave Armanti out of his statement. xsmiley_wix

Yeah, he's a tough, skinny little bastard - but we'll keep him anyway.

ASUG8
November 16th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I would imagine that's right... as App will likely be better next year than this year.

I appreciate your optimism - I'm a little concerned about the hole that Richardson's departure will make. Maybe some of my App brethren know some scoop on potential replacements?

bamamountaineer1013
November 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM

I will agree that Armanti is a great player, but Jayson Foster is something magical.

ChiefGSU275
November 16th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Citdog,

Who said the Payton award goes to the best QB? Isnt it to the best player, regardless of position? Adrian Peterson won it, and he was listed as a fullback. He didnt do very much lead blocking. Wonder how he was able to win it...?

BALD EAGLE
November 17th, 2007, 08:09 PM
CITDOG, I must disagree with you when you say that the primary thing a Qb is supposed to do is pass the ball.

I believe the primary thing a QB is supposed to do is move his team down field, and it does not matter if it is by passing, running or a combination of both.

I suggest that no QB moved his team down field as well as Jayson Foster did.

To the ASU fans thanks for your good comments about Jayson. In my opinion Edwards will be the best player in the SOCON next year as well as the best QB also.

Good Luck to the Mountaineers in the playoffs, I know they will represent the SOCON well.

GO EAGLES AND MOUNTAINEERS

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

GaSouthern
November 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Bumpity

eaglesrthe1
November 26th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Time to give credit.
Who is the SoCon offensive player of the year and 1st team QB?

You can say it. xsmiley_wix

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Time to give credit.
Who is the SoCon offensive player of the year and 1st team QB?

You can say it. xsmiley_wix

i know who it is. i don't agree but i don't have a vote. imho Foster is still the 4th best Qb in the Socon.

straightshooter
November 26th, 2007, 04:51 PM
That may be true Citdog, but he's the best overall player in the SoCon.

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 04:56 PM
That may be true Citdog, but he's the best overall player in the SoCon.

at least one of you will admit it!

green for you!!!!!

eaglewraith
November 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM

carry on

Hmmm......