PDA

View Full Version : mid-major semifinal this weekend

Boogs
November 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Albany vs. Central Connecticut State

Winner faces Dayton in the FCS Mid-Major National championship in Dayton.

All 4 MAAC schools have been mathematically eliminated from finishing in the top two out of the nineteen schools eligible.

My prediction? Pain for the NEC. xsmhx Look for a shutout.

If Albany wins this weekend they won't have the advantage of deliberately leaving the grass uncut to shutdown a running attack like they did against Duquense a few years ago.

xcoffeex

danefan
November 14th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Albany vs. Central Connecticut State

Winner faces Dayton in the FCS Mid-Major National championship in Dayton.

All 4 MAAC schools have been mathematically eliminated from finishing in the top two out of the nineteen schools eligible.

My prediction? Pain for the NEC. xsmhx Look for a shutout.

If Albany wins this weekend they won't have the advantage of deliberately leaving the grass uncut to shutdown a running attack like they did against Duquense a few years ago.

xcoffeex

Ahhh....even more inaccuracies.

There pretty much was no grass. The field was mud. And Duquense was a passing team, not a running team.

And nobody cares about the mid-major national championship (at least not in Albany). If Dayton wants it, give it to them, win or lose in the GiC.

Boogs
November 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Ahhh....even more inaccuracies.

There pretty much was no grass. The field was mud. And Duquense was a passing team, not a running team.

And nobody cares about the mid-major national championship (at least not in Albany). If Dayton wants it, give it to them, win or lose in the GiC.

Yep, wind made throwing really tough and the long grass/mud combo hindered Duquesne's running attack attempt.

No one in Albany cares? I agree. That explains the NEC contract with the PFL. I don't think many Albany recruits care about coming out in full force to play for coach-what's-his-name. Dayton has approximately 110 players. Albany still have around 60? xlolx I agree no one cares about Albany football. xlolx

xcoffeex

danefan
November 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Yep, wind made throwing really tough and the grass hindered Duquesne's running attack attempt.

No one in Albany cares? I agree. That explains the NEC contract with the PFL. I don't think many Albany recruits care about coming out in full force to play for coach-what's-his-name. Dayton has approximately 110 players. Albany still have around 60? xlolx I agree no one cares about Albany football. xlolx

xcoffeex

What????

Once again, there was no grass, it was frozen mud.

Second-of-all, Albany didn't make the contract with PFL, the NEC did. Albany doesn't even get a vote (associate member).

Third, what in the heck are you talking about with roster size? Your comment doesn't even make sense.

All of my questions are rhetorical, because I'm not responding to your childish and ignorant posts anymore. G'night sir.

Boogs
November 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM
What????

Second-of-all, Albany didn't make the contract with PFL, the NEC did. Albany doesn't even get a vote (associate member).

Third, what in the heck are you talking about with roster size? Your comment doesn't even make sense.

Frozen mud my aunt fanny. It was cold, windy, and rainy. And to top things off the grass wasn't cut.

Roster size does make sense? Go to Albany's website and count the interest (lack of interest) in fielding a team by the student body.

No FCS school seeking a near-term playoff tie-in has any business asking for such a bid with low high school farm-town roster depth. xrulesx

danefan
November 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM
No I am officially done with you.

http://www.ualbanysports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&KEY=&SPID=8009&SPSID=70368

90+ on the roster.

Boogs
November 14th, 2007, 05:55 PM
No I am officially done with you.

http://www.ualbanysports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&KEY=&SPID=8009&SPSID=70368

90+ on the roster.

Huge improvement over the past years. I stand corrected!

terrierbob
November 14th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Seriously-what the heck is a mid-major championship?

TheValleyRaider
November 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Yep, wind made throwing really tough and the long grass/mud combo hindered Duquesne's running attack attempt.

Frozen mud my aunt fanny. It was cold, windy, and rainy. And to top things off the grass wasn't cut.

I knew it!

Boogs is really a UMass fan xnodx xlolx xrotatehx xrulesx

Dane96
November 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
What????

All of my questions are rhetorical, because I'm not responding to your childish and ignorant posts anymore. G'night sir.

Besides the fact that Boogs is a boob, Albany has 95 players on the roster, 30 on scholarship (20 rides). Albany NEVER had 65 guys.

Boogs
November 15th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Besides the fact that Boogs is a boob,

Personal attack?

Albany has 95 players on the roster, 30 on scholarship (20 rides). Albany NEVER had 65 guys.

There were 60 some guys listed on your team's website roster once within the last 5 years. "We" had this debate on the DonHansen website once before.

Glad to see your team now has legitimate roster numbers.

UAalum72
November 15th, 2007, 06:38 AM
The only roster size debate I remember on Hansen wasn't about Albany - maybe about St. Peter's or St. Francis. In any case it started because the ill-informed "Dayton Flyer Football Fan" apparently didn't know that most teams don't take their full roster on the traveling squad.

Albany has always had 85-90 on their roster.

proasu89
November 15th, 2007, 07:33 AM

Roster size does make sense? Go to Albany's website and count the interest (lack of interest) in fielding a team by the student body.

No FCS school seeking a near-term playoff tie-in has any business asking for such a bid with low high school farm-town roster depth. xrulesx

Smack Board two doors downxrulesx

Dane96
November 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM
You know what I love...that Boogs, finally, confirmed he was Dayton Flyer Fan.

This guy is a total joke...ripped by his own school's fans.

...folks...move on.

Foosball
November 15th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Is the Gridiron Classic going to be on TV like last year (I think it was CSTV available for a fee on DirectTV)?

danefan
November 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Is the Gridiron Classic going to be on TV like last year (I think it was CSTV available for a fee on DirectTV)?

Nothing has been announced. From what I understand Monmouth had a lot to do with getting the game on CSTV. Seeing as they aren't going to be in this year, I'm not sure what will happen.

DetroitFlyer
November 15th, 2007, 03:33 PM

...folks...move on.

I liked it MUCH better when he used a Richmond avatar....

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 10:03 AM
The only roster size debate I remember on Hansen wasn't about Albany - maybe about St. Peter's or St. Francis. In any case it started because the ill-informed "Dayton Flyer Football Fan" apparently didn't know that most teams don't take their full roster on the traveling squad.

Albany has always had 85-90 on their roster.

No dude, your team had at one time 65 players overall within the last 5 years.

For away games your entire team apparently traveled. No depth.

You and Dane96 went on at length how a majority of those 65 don't see action any way so it's no big deal Albany doesn't have suitable numbers.

Selective forgetfulness on your part.

Please make my year and beat CCS.

Still waiting for Albany to make their transition like Austin Peay. Either do it or shut your pie hole. Either poop or get off the pot. xcoffeex

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Took ya long enough to figure that out, huh?

...folks...move on.

Not half as much a joke as your belief (you're college educated?) that a power rating = power ranking. xcoffeex

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I liked it MUCH better when he used a Richmond avatar....

Why do you say that? xwhistlex

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Seriously-what the heck is a mid-major championship?

It's a NCAA Division III championship football game played on the campus of one of the two teams in the game that has a men's Division I basketball program.

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM
No dude, your team had at one time 65 players overall within the last 5 years.

For away games your entire team apparently traveled. No depth.

You and Dane96 went on at length how a majority of those 65 don't see action any way so it's no big deal Albany doesn't have suitable numbers.

Selective forgetfulness on your part.

Please make my year and beat CCS.

Still waiting for Albany to make their transition like Austin Peay. Either do it or shut your pie hole. Either poop or get off the pot. xcoffeex

The Mayor of Idiotville has spoken again.

No Dayton Flyer Football Fan, otherwise known as BOOGS, we argued that Albany had 80-95 guys, 25 who were red-shirting, and travel rosters having a limit.

You said Dayton traveled with 100 players, which we said was probably false.

But sure...I guess you, like then, are completely correct.

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Why do you say that? xwhistlex

Because no one likes you from your own school.

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM
No dude, 65 was the grand total. That's all you had to dress for home or away games.

95 (or whatever) was another issue that morphed from the original topic about you guys having just 65 players.

I suppose if you included the cheerleaders and coaching staff, you could say you had a traveling squad back then of 85+ xrulesx

Get real. xcoffeex

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Because no one likes you from your own school.

Nah, it's catering to the mouthy northeasterners. Why? I don't know why he/she does that. You tell me.

You haven't won a single debate with me, Dane96.

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM
The Mayor of Idiotville has spoken again.

No Dayton Flyer Football Fan, otherwise known as BOOGS, we argued that Albany had 80-95 guys, 25 who were red-shirting, and travel rosters having a limit.

You said Dayton traveled with 100 players, which we said was probably false.

But sure...I guess you, like then, are completely correct.

Dayton took their entire team one year to play Wittenberg (a suitable D3 opponent). I doubt Dayton ever took their entire squad of 100-110 elsewhere. That's a ridiculous and manufactured comment from you just now. xwhistlex

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM
No dude, 65 was the grand total. That's all you had to dress for home or away games.

95 (or whatever) was another issue that morphed from the original topic about you guys having just 65 players.

I suppose if you included the cheerleaders and coaching staff, you could say you had a traveling squad back then of 85+ xrulesx

Get real. xcoffeex

xbawlingx

You pain me.

Peems
November 17th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I say we make a permanent smack thread where these guys can rip on each other constantly. Also, it seems to me that the Albany fans have won these debates many times over, and that is from the view of an outsider.

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I say we make a permanent smack thread where these guys can rip on each other constantly.

I agree!

Also, it seems to me that the Albany fans have won these debates many times over, and that is from the view of an outsider.

Consumer Reports (unbiased/keeps a record) would disagree with you. xwhistlex

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Honestly...Peems, we are all set with Boogs. When we were on the Hansen Boards prior to coming here, the guy was a complete baffoon and Dayton fans begged...YES BEGGED...him to stop posting.

The guy literally knows nothing about football...and is a weight, height, stats guy.

WE ARE ALL SET WITH DEBATING HIM!

Boogs
November 17th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Honestly...Peems, we are all set with Boogs. When we were on the Hansen Boards prior to coming here, the guy was a complete baffoon and Dayton fans begged...YES BEGGED...him to stop posting.

All one of them -- Detroit Flyer

The guy literally knows nothing about football...and is a weight, height, stats guy.

WE ARE ALL SET WITH DEBATING HIM!

This coming from a guy that uses anything and everything and encourages sports supplement drinks/high priced and unfounded soupy liquids that have no evidence of their claims to improve athletic performance for his own team at Albany. xwhistlex

The truth will set you free. xcoffeex

Dane96
November 17th, 2007, 11:24 AM
All one of them -- Detroit Flyer

This coming from a guy that uses anything and everything and encourages sports supplement drinks/high priced and unfounded soupy liquids that have no evidence of their claims to improve athletic performance for his own team at Albany. xwhistlex

The truth will set you free. xcoffeex

FOLKS-- No reason to debate this fool because there you have it.

Cuckoo in the Coco.xsmhx