PDA

View Full Version : Who should get seeds 1-4?????

o25bigmac
November 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Does ratings effect seeds?? It seems like it never does unfortunately. Northern Iowa is by far #1. Then Southern Illinois and Mcneese should be #2, and #3. They are both in the top 5 in ratings. Im sure all the Grizzlie fans will be disappointed but they havent played anybody all year and there rating was #12. But I know for a fact they will be one of the 4. I guess im asking why they deserve that???

McNeese72
November 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Does ratings effect seeds?? It seems like it never does unfortunately. Northern Iowa is by far #1. Then Southern Illinois and Mcneese should be #2, and #3. They are both in the top 5 in ratings. Im sure all the Grizzlie fans will be disappointed but they havent played anybody all year and there rating was #12. But I know for a fact they will be one of the 4. I guess im asking why they deserve that???

Unless things have changed from the past, the Selection Committee has their own secret power ratings that they keep all year round. That's what they use to hash things out when they meet.

The public polls don't mean squat.

Doc

james_lawfirm
November 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Unless things have changed from the past, the Selection Committee has their own secret power ratings that they keep all year round. That's what they use to hash things out when they meet.

The public polls don't mean squat.

Doc

Actually, I don't think their secret poll is all that secret. It's called the GPI.

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Actually, I don't think their secret poll is all that secret. It's called the GPI.

Griz fans ain't going to like that.
GPI (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=983)

grizzpaw
November 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM
can't wait until one(all who think we played nobody) of your teams play EWU and after your team walks off YOUR field a LOSER, then you can say we played nobody and who was that team anyway we just lost to!:D xpeacex

GannonFan
November 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM

So then they ignore their secret poll most years? They seldom follow the GPI to the letter.

Barring losses by any of these teams, the seeds should be:

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

Anyone thinking Montana will be undefeated and not seeded is smoking something that's illegal in most states. I could see them getting a #3 seed because of the schedule, but they'll be seeded.

henfan
November 14th, 2007, 02:46 PM

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

I'll second that and in that order. xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM
So then they ignore their secret poll most years? They seldom follow the GPI to the letter.

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

Anyone thinking Montana will be undefeated and not seeded is smoking something that's illegal in most states. I could see them getting a #3 seed because of the schedule, but they'll be seeded.

I agree with that for now. Saturday could mess it up, though.

sharkeycox
November 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM

I have no clue. I just hope the Cowboys win Saturday and let the chips fall were they may. As far as Montana goes, I would not be suprised if they got a # 2 seed. They are always at or near the top year in and year out. So why not? xcoffeex

McNeese_beat
November 14th, 2007, 03:09 PM

I was thinking that if all the top teams win, #4 would go to App. because of the Michigan win and overall strength of schedule. They would have played a couple of playoff teams in conference and they played what I think is a quality Northern Arizona team out of conference.

I would not argue with SIU though. They have a good team too.

89Hen
November 14th, 2007, 03:18 PM

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

Shocker. I agree with GF. xpeacex

Saluki_man
November 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I have no clue. I just hope the Cowboys win Saturday and let the chips fall were they may. As far as Montana goes, I would not be suprised if they got a # 2 seed. They are always at or near the top year in and year out. So why not? xcoffeex

I have to agree with this, if the season ended today Montana gets the #2 with McNeese getting the #3.

All could change though, crazier things have happened this year.

DSUHornet
November 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

i could respect that

McNeese72
November 14th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Actually, I heard about this way before the GPI even existed. And what I heard from a good source back then was that the regional committees meet during the season and keep the power ratings that are used at the end of the season.

I'm going to google around and find out what I can about it. And post what I find.

There was something near the end of this article that mentions the committee's unpublished power ratings.

http://www.jg-tc.com/articles/2007/11/13/sports/doc473926a6409f3799457536.txt

Doc

wapiti
November 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM

But Montana is not going to be undefeated.
They lose this weekend.

ASUMountaineer
November 14th, 2007, 06:19 PM
They lose this weekend.

I like your reasoning, but I worry for the outcome.

RazorEdge19
November 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I think we'll all find out who the seeds are Sunday.

TokyoGriz
November 14th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Assuming all teams in on this list win the last games it will probably go like this

1 UNI
2 Montana
3 Mcneese
4 SIU

Both montana and mcneese have had similiar SOS, but the Montana will get the nod with 24,000 plus per game for higher seed in the playoffs.

$ $ talks in the tie breaker

igo4uni
November 14th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I think we'll all find out who the seeds are Sunday.

In the afternoon sometime???

appsfan
November 14th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I think the pairings will be annouced on ESPNU at 3:30 pm eastern time.

AZGrizFan
November 14th, 2007, 08:32 PM
can't wait until one(all who think we played nobody) of your teams play EWU and after your team walks off YOUR field a LOSER, then you can say we played nobody and who was that team anyway we just lost to!:D xpeacex

A-******-men. xnodx xnodx xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
They lose this weekend.

Cute. You have to admire his resolve.....like the little engine that could! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Houndawg
November 14th, 2007, 08:53 PM

They already did it to us a couple years ago. We're still scratching our heads over that one. We beat the bejeezus out of them physically but their QB was freaking unbelievable when it came to getting rich quick. Whatever happened to him anyway? He must be in the NFL.

Syntax Error
November 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Actually, I heard about this way before the GPI even existed. And what I heard from a good source back then was that the regional committees meet during the season and keep the power ratings that are used at the end of the season.
DocCould that have been the Selection Committee chairmen the last few year's on WAVES? I heard it. Two weeks ago the chairman said officially they don't use the GPI or polls but they don't ignore them. He said, like all the others on WAVES, the regional committee makes a "regional ranking with no number attached to it" and gives it to their committee members. We all know, those who listen to WAVES (the show we sponsor), the regional committees meet on Mondays and the committee meets on Tuesdays. They keep a tally using everything they can.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/iaawaves/20071030CSNWAVESfinal.mp3

I'm listening to it again and John McCutcheon, the Selection Committee chairman says the regional committee makes a "regional ranking with no number attached to it" and gives it to their committee members. The committee members evaluate those teams on "strength of schedule, quality wins, number of wins..." "You really have to look at who the teams played, and who those teams played, and what their records were. Were they wins against other teams in contention for the championship or were they wins against teams that weren't so competitive?"

Syntax Error
November 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM
http://media.libsyn.com/media/iaawaves/20071030CSNWAVESfinal.mp3

I'm listening to it again and John McCutcheon, the Selection Committee chairman says the regional committee makes a "regional ranking with no number attached to it" and gives it to their committee members. The committee members evaluate those teams on "strength of schedule, quality wins, number of wins..." "You really have to look at who the teams played, and who those teams played, and what their records were. Were they wins against other teams in contention for the championship or were they wins against teams that weren't so competitive?"

nmatsen
November 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Funny, we didn't seem to have a problem beating EWU in 05'.

appmountaineer
November 14th, 2007, 09:46 PM
i don't see the reasoning for SIU getting the #4 seed, app is ahead in the GPI rating.

Syntax Error
November 14th, 2007, 09:50 PM
i don't see the reasoning for SIU getting the #4 seed, app is ahead in the GPI rating.App St is a hair ahead in the GPI this week.

Even: Both beat FBS teams early.

Even: Both beat a sub-D-I.

Advantage SIU: SIU lost to UNI. ASU lost to Wofford and GSU.

Maybe??????

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 09:52 PM
i don't see the reasoning for SIU getting the #4 seed, app is ahead in the GPI rating.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/anmf75b036d34ca4afd.gif

GreatAppSt
November 14th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Who should get seeds 1-4?????

What again,xrolleyesx how many threads can be started asking the same question in a week?
http://www.t-shirtking.com/graphics/tn137-00112.jpghttp://www.uwm.edu/People/alkolata/Mr.%20Owl.gif AGS will never know?xrolleyesx

siugrad99
November 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM
They've won the past 2 National Championships which gives them the right to feel entitled. Fact is fact, Appy State lost 2 FCS games, SIU lost 1 to the # 1 team in the country on the road. SIU deserves the #4 seed, but unfortunately that doesn't mean they'll get it.

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Who should get seeds 1-4?????

What again,xrolleyesx how many threads can be started asking the same question in a week?
http://www.t-shirtking.com/graphics/tn137-00112.jpghttp://www.uwm.edu/People/alkolata/Mr.%20Owl.gif AGS will never know?xrolleyesx
It's a hot topic and we have to talk about something to keep our post count up.
:D

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 10:00 PM
They've won the past 2 National Championships which gives them the right to feel entitled. Fact is fact, Appy State lost 2 FCS games, SIU lost 1 to the # 1 team in the country on the road. SIU deserves the #4 seed, but unfortunately that doesn't mean they'll get it.
We deserve the #2 seed, but probably won't get it (pending outcome of Saturday's games).

GolfingGriz
November 14th, 2007, 10:11 PM
We deserve the #2 seed, but probably won't get it (pending outcome of Saturday's games).

Why?xconfusedx

74AppState
November 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
From David Coulson----
The Mountaineers seem to be peaking at the right time, as demonstrated by a record-breaking 79-35 victory over Western Carolina last Saturday in the battle for the Old Mountain Jug. With that seminal win over Michigan to start the season, its track record as the two-time defending national champion and SoCon co-champion on its resume, Appalachian State will be a favorite for a seed with one more win.

bench
November 14th, 2007, 10:20 PM
It would be nice if App got a seed. Getting two potential guaranteed home games would obviously help their chances, but missing the seed might actually work to their advantage. As competitive as this season has been, I wouldn't be shocked if a seeded team fell in the first round. I think someone will get a second home game dumped in their lap.

Given the choice between being a four-seed locked into a potential matchup with UNI at their place, or being unseeded and having even odds of being on the other side of the bracket, I think I'd take my chances at getting a gifted second home game and hopefully making it through to a rematch of the '05 title game on a neutral field in Chattanooga.

JALMOND
November 15th, 2007, 02:02 AM

They don't follow the GPI either. Last year Portland State was 10th in the GPI and did not get invited to the playoffs.

Poly Pigskin
November 15th, 2007, 04:29 AM

I don't know if I'd go that far. Just because you lost a close game to the #1 team doesn't mean you're #2. Since there hasn't been a head-to-head to provide comparison, you have to give the undefeated teams the benefit of the doubt. Especially since they survived tough conferences where their opponent is extra motivated to blemish their schedule every single week.

Houndawg
November 15th, 2007, 05:36 AM

Two FCS losses, one at home, on Blackout night.

Saluki_man
November 15th, 2007, 08:00 AM

That will probably change with this weeks results, as SIU is @Hampton, and ASU is at home vs UTC.

CamelCityAppFan
November 15th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Given the choice between being a four-seed locked into a potential matchup with UNI at their place, or being unseeded and having even odds of being on the other side of the bracket, I think I'd take my chances at getting a gifted second home game and hopefully making it through to a rematch of the '05 title game on a neutral field in Chattanooga.

This is exactly correct. xthumbsupx I really think no seed on the 2-3 side of the bracket is better than a 4.

I like our chances at home for the first, and maybe second, games, and on the road against the surviving 2 or 3 seed in the semis.

If we get to Chattanooga, well, that's like "Home Field: The Sequel" for the Mountaineers! xsmiley_wix

The Moody1
November 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM
That will probably change with this weeks results, as SIU is @Hampton, and ASU is at home vs UTC.

You are right. It will change because SIU is most likely going to lose. :D

McCowboyFan
November 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM
If McNEESE and Montana win...

1. Northern Iowa
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. App. State

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
1. AppSt
2. Montana
3. Delaware
4. GSU

LacesOut
November 15th, 2007, 09:55 AM
1. AppSt
2. Montana
3. Delaware
4. GSU

LOL ^^^

How about mine?

1) DSU
2) Fordham
3) Richmond
4) Delaware

nmatsen
November 15th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Attention App Fans.

You guys are above calling yourselves the co-champions. You are not the SoCon champs. Please don't lower your self to the level of a Youngstown State and call yourselves the champs when you lost to a team you are tied with. If you get the auto bid, your champs, buy rings, the whole nine yards. You guys are the two time defending national champs and in my opinion the favorite to win it again. Do you deserve the 4 seed, maybe you do. I don't know. Just don't call yourselves "co-champs" you are the cream of the crop in I-AA, the elite of the FCS, you are better than claiming a championship that you have not won on the field.

Just my opinion.

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 10:10 AM
LOL ^^^

How about mine?

1) DSU
2) Fordham
3) Richmond
4) Delaware
xeyebrowx Your's are a joke. Mine are not. xcoffeex

nmatsen
November 15th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Not to smack but I would honestly like to know, why do you feel that UNI doesn't deserve to be seeded?

Houndawg
November 15th, 2007, 10:22 AM
1. AppSt
2. Montana
3. Delaware
4. GSU

Interesting, I'd like to hear you state your case.xthumbsupx

LacesOut
November 15th, 2007, 10:27 AM

GSU!?!?! GSU?!?! GSU?!?!?!!

Delaware?!?!? Bahahahahahhaa!!!!!

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Well finally somebody just came out and said it, instead of having other threads turned into this very same topic.xthumbsupx

The Moody1
November 15th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Attention App Fans.

You guys are above calling yourselves the co-champions. You are not the SoCon champs. Please don't lower your self to the level of a Youngstown State and call yourselves the champs when you lost to a team you are tied with. If you get the auto bid, your champs, buy rings, the whole nine yards. You guys are the two time defending national champs and in my opinion the favorite to win it again. Do you deserve the 4 seed, maybe you do. I don't know. Just don't call yourselves "co-champs" you are the cream of the crop in I-AA, the elite of the FCS, you are better than claiming a championship that you have not won on the field.

Just my opinion.

The conference determines how the championships will be determined prior to the season. If App wins on Saturday they will have a 5-2 conference record. Wofford will also have a 5-2 conference record. In the SoCon the champion is determined based on conference record. We will proudly hang our Socon championship banner for the third straight year. If we were like the NFL and had a home and home with each team every year then the head to head would be more meaningful. If Wofford wanted to be the champion all they had to do was not lose to Elon.

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Not to smack but I would honestly like to know, why do you feel that UNI doesn't deserve to be seeded?
Because you wear purple.

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Interesting, I'd like to hear you state your case.xthumbsupx
Seeding should be done based on who's been around the longest and who has the most attendance. No teams outside of the autobid conferences should be invited to the playoffs... heck I would take away the Patriot, OVC and MEAC bids and give them to the CAA, SoCon and Gateway.

appfan2008
November 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Here it is for me:
1 UNI
2 Montan
3 McNeese
4 ASU

mlbowl
November 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Because you wear purple.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox LMFAO!!!xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 01:01 PM
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox LMFAO!!!xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox
Watch it. You're almost purple too.

crunifan
November 15th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Is there a reason that your avatar is a purple and gold helmet?

rob_p469
November 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM
UNI #1
Montana #2
McNeese #3
SIU #4

And enough of this about Montana not playing anybody. For one, with travel considerations we can't play non-conference games against east coast opponents. That leaves us with NDSU and Cal Poly, and we can't schedule those guys every year. When we are in at least the semi-finals will you all still be using sagarin ratings and SOS, or will we finally get the respect we deserve?

McNeese75
November 15th, 2007, 01:51 PM
UNI #1
Montana #2
McNeese #3
SIU #4

And enough of this about Montana not playing anybody. For one, with travel considerations we can't play non-conference games against east coast opponents. That leaves us with NDSU and Cal Poly, and we can't schedule those guys every year. When we are in at least the semi-finals will you all still be using sagarin ratings and SOS, or will we finally get the respect we deserve?

Where is the BS flag when you need it? If you schedule a home and home with an east coast team and you keep the total gate for your home game, the travel costs of the away game will probably be close to the payoff of getting a team to come to Wash/Griz with no return (unless you are just really sticking it to them). If you were drawing less than 10,000 fans to your games then maybe this argument would stick but that is not the case. So, reach out and touch someone in Boone, Newark, Fargo, Amherst, Statesboro etc or hell, even Lake Charles and fill your schedule with some quality OOC games on a home and home basis. Otherwise, quit whining about being picked on for your schedule. When the brackets come out Sunday and IF you are not the #2 seed, then you got what you deserved. xnodx

DOME
November 15th, 2007, 01:52 PM
These will be the Seeds...count on it!

1. Indiana St
2. Southern Utah
3. App St.
4. North Carolina A&T

If NCAT doesn't get the #4 there is an outside chance Montana will grab it based on the attendance factor.

appheel
November 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Attention App Fans.

Just my opinion.

Attention nmatsen:

That is the way the conference works. We did not make the rules. (Assuming we win this weekend) we won't be arbitrarily claiming a championship, just because it makes us feel happy. We'll be co-champs because that's how it works.

AZGrizFan
November 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Watch it. You're almost purple too.

No. We're almost eggplant. BIG difference. xcoolx

McTailGator
November 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I'll second that and in that order. xthumbsupx

If everyone wins,

That is what I think it will look like.

grizzpaw
November 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
we play a great ooc - its called the PLAYOFFs and we do ok most years:D xpeacex

McNeese75
November 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
we play a great ooc - its called the PLAYOFFs and we do ok most years:D xpeacex

Yep, but only when you get to play at home :D

AZGrizFan
November 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yep, but only when you get to play at home :D

Hence the need to go 11-0! xnodx xlolx

McNeese75
November 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Hence the need to go 11-0! xnodx xlolx

xlolx I hear ya and I know the feeling

bench
November 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
UNI #1
Montana #2
McNeese #3
SIU #4

If Northern Arizona can do a home-and-home with App, why can't Montana? It's not like you guys aren't making any money from football.

mlbowl
November 15th, 2007, 02:44 PM
If Northern Arizona can do a home-and-home with App, why can't Montana? It's not like you guys aren't making any money from football.

When was the last time you flew in or out of Mt.? It is VERY expensive. Not saying it's not possible tho

grizzpaw
November 15th, 2007, 02:44 PM
for the last time, THIS is the LAST year of our $1,000,000 debt from the LAST time we went back east playing east coast teams it takes a LONG time to pay off that debt and it has sucked! we have some good ooc game coming in the next few years! some old big sky schools have FINALLY wanted to play us again and we are going to their place to play but they are alot closer to home than the east coast or mid-west!

The Moody1
November 15th, 2007, 02:46 PM

They did not do a home and home. A return trip to AZ was not part of the deal.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2007, 02:47 PM

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

I'm on the GannonFan band wagon. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
They did not do a home and home. A return trip to AZ was not part of the deal.

You guys didn't buy it out?

appstate38
November 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
for the last time, THIS is the LAST year of our $1,000,000 debt from the LAST time we went back east playing east coast teams it takes a LONG time to pay off that debt and it has sucked! we have some good ooc game coming in the next few years! some old big sky schools have FINALLY wanted to play us again and we are going to their place to play but they are alot closer to home than the east coast or mid-west!

Well then why don't you guys schedule a "paycheck" game like the rest of the FCS. Who knows, if you are as good as you say then you should have a chance to win it. And get the RESPECT you deserve. Until then don't whine about $$$ to the rest of us, or about how expensive it is to fly in or out of Montana. Your budget concerns are no greater or lesser than any other Top Tier FCS team.

Retro
November 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Seeding should be done based on who's been around the longest and who has the most attendance. No teams outside of the autobid conferences should be invited to the playoffs... heck I would take away the Patriot, OVC and MEAC bids and give them to the CAA, SoCon and Gateway.

With that reasoning, the same 5-10 teams would be seeded every year and other teams who happen to have great seasons, would never get a chance to build their program by being a top seed and having home field for the first couple of rounds. xrolleyesx

Attendance comes into play when all other things are equal or teams don't want to bid for a home game as far as the top 4 seeds..

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/rosintonrebel/ncaabids.jpg?t=1195159699

The Moody1
November 15th, 2007, 02:52 PM
You guys didn't buy it out?

There was no buy-out. It was strictly a 1 game deal.

appstate38
November 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
UNI #1
Montana #2
McNeese #3
SIU #4

Can't or WON"Txnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

mlbowl
November 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Well then why don't you guys schedule a "paycheck" game like the rest of the FCS. Who knows, if you are as good as you say then you should have a chance to win it. And get the RESPECT you deserve. Until then don't whine about $$$ to the rest of us, or about how expensive it is to fly in or out of Montana. Your budget concerns are no greater or lesser than any other Top Tier FCS team.

Are you on crack?....we played Iowa last year and Oregon the year before that...please think before you typexnonox ...as for the whining, WE won't be the ones whining on selection Sundayxnodx

appstate38
November 15th, 2007, 03:14 PM
We won't be whining either. xrolleyesx As far as the paycheck games... I did not check your recent schedules... Sorry Dude.xoopsx But come on, It just sounds like sour grapes and playing the victim card. Both are unnecessary!

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Is there a reason that your avatar is a purple and gold helmet?
It's for my daughter's team. Her girl scout troop's uniforms are purple.

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2007, 03:15 PM

I am going to appologize to the rest of the FCS on behalf of Montana. We cannot just hop a bus and take a drive down the road for an hour or two and play an OCC game.

89Hen
November 15th, 2007, 03:16 PM
With that reasoning, the same 5-10 teams would be seeded every year and other teams who happen to have great seasons, would never get a chance to build their program by being a top seed and having home field for the first couple of rounds. xrolleyesx
So?

grizzpaw
November 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
the old big sky schools are now calling and we are answering the call so SOON a new schedule will be out! and this will make all of griz nation happy again:D xpeacex

mlbowl
November 15th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I did not check your recent schedules... Sorry Dude.xoopsx

No problem...as for the ooc games we have recently had and honored home and homes with Cal Poly, Hofstra, Maine, Albany, Sam Houston State...I'm sure I'm leaving some out...Point is, in the near future, I believe you will see Montana signing some home and home agreements. I know there is talk of a trip to Brookings (I think we owe it to SDSU) and Cal Poly. I would love to see a home and home with GSU, ASU, UD, etc. ...but it's not likely to happen.

FCS Go!
November 15th, 2007, 04:23 PM
So?

Keep it rolling 89 Hen xrotatehx

Tailbone
November 15th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Can't or WON"Txnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Half the population of the US is within 500 miles of Boone, there are (I think) 3-4 FCS schools within 500 miles of Missoula, 2 of which are conference schools.

You do the math, clown.

AZGrizFan
November 15th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Nominee for dumb post of the week. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Ronin
November 15th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Griz fans ain't going to like that.
GPI (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=983)

You have that right!

But then if the Griz are that great they won't mind taking a lower seed, since they will just crush the competition.

Ronin
November 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM

Which GPI are you looking at?

The one from College Sporting News from 11/11 has the following top 4

1) UNI
2) McNeese St.
3) ASU
4) SIU

Sagarin has

1) UNI
2) SIU
3) ASU
4) Richmond

grizzpaw
November 15th, 2007, 04:59 PM
the CSN would rank us 117th if we lose one game mr.c HATES us that much!

Ronin
November 15th, 2007, 05:07 PM
the CSN would rank us 117th if we lose one game mr.c HATES us that much!

GPI is ranked by a mathematical formula. It's not subjective, thus no feelings of hate or love.

skinny_uncle
November 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Me either. SIU should be a #2 seed (by six yards).
:D

GeauxLions94
November 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. Montana
4. SIU

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner! xthumbsupx Wow, three teams west of the Mississippi River (where's the bias???). If there's a change to be made, I'd replace SIU with App State.

grizzpaw
November 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
"GPI is ranked by a mathematical formula. It's not subjective, thus no feelings of hate or love."

IMHO i think your wrong that mr.c fellings don't come into this!

appstate38
November 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Nominee for dumb post of the week. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Was it something I said????xlolx

Or since you are in the "Know" on the Griz's athletic budget, then why not educate me?

McCowboyFan
November 15th, 2007, 05:32 PM
1. AppSt
2. Montana
3. Delaware
4. GSU

xlolx

want some of what you're smokin'

CamelCityAppFan
November 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I am going to appologize to the rest of the FCS on behalf of Montana. We cannot just hop a bus and take a drive down the road for an hour or two and play an OCC game.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to not give you a pass on that one. xeyebrowx

ASU played 5 road games this year, and the closest was outside of 2 hours away.

Our OOC money game was 650 miles away. It's two hours just to get to the airport to get to the OOC game...

appstate38
November 15th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Our OOC money game was 650 miles away. It's two hours just to get to the airport to get to the OOC game...

So are you saying we should lighten up on the Grizz.... Hmmm Ok!xthumbsupx good point!

FCS Go!
November 15th, 2007, 06:19 PM

OK Genius, find Montana a FCS OOC within 650 miles of Missoula. xreadx

CamelCityAppFan
November 15th, 2007, 06:34 PM
OK Genius, find Montana a FCS OOC within 650 miles of Missoula. xreadx

Hey, it's not my fault Montana isn't near anyone else.

But the implication was that east coast teams "just hop on a bus for an hour or two" to play road games, especially OOC games. Not the case... xnonox

Grizaholic17
November 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hey, it's not my fault Montana isn't near anyone else.

But the implication was that east coast teams "just hop on a bus for an hour or two" to play road games, especially OOC games. Not the case... xnonox

Ummm...regardless, you are closer to others than we are. We live the tough life...what can we say.

Houndawg
November 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Ummm...regardless, you are closer to others than we are. We live the tough life...what can we say.

How about home and home with NDSU, UNI, SIU, MSU or McNeese? Probably as close as any one, or take a money game you can win with Oregon State?

CamelCityAppFan
November 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Granted. But I don't want you thinking our conference is like a church softball league where all the games are only 20 minutes away...xsmiley_wix

When I think of your location and scheduling woes, I can't help but recall that old Sam Kinison routine about the starving people in the African desert. You know, the one that ends with Sam screaming "move to where the food is!!!!" xlolx