PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff Situation - As of November 14, 2007

cjones22
November 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

I posted a blog about how I think this year's playoffs will happen barring any upsets in the final week. Check it out. Comments and discussion welcome!
http://allthingsfootball.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/what-is-the-playoff-situation-in-the-fcs/

Live4Griz
November 14th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Montana can't play EWU in the first round(same conference)

Other than that it looks pretty good and well thought out.

GO GRIZ!

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 12:12 PM
wow that is the worst pairings ever!...

you cant matchup teams from the same conference... you just cant!

also... asu is in... i dont know why you had so much trouble with that... and why was it so hard to give the #6 team in the country and #1 team in attendance by over 4k fans a home game?

do you really know what you are doing or just winging it???

89Hen
November 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Other than that...
And Richmond/JMU. Hard to get past that. Glad to see people giving it a shot but this is what is wrong with blogs. You don't need to actually know anything to have one. xoopsx

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 12:19 PM
And Richmond/JMU. Hard to get past that. Glad to see people giving it a shot but this is what is wrong with blogs. You don't need to actually know anything to have one. xoopsx

hence the fact we must stick to only the people who know what the hell is going on...

cjones obviously doesnt have a clue...

LacesOut
November 14th, 2007, 12:19 PM
It was a good read..................until I got to the end and saw your matchups. Try again.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM
SHSU will have not have the seven Div I wins -- take'em off!

URMite
November 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Ok, Delaware St not with Delaware and Delaware on the road???

It seems you have put a lot of thought into this but not a lot of research.

Keep trying.

Kosty
November 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Albany Terriers????? Dear Lord wait until the purple and gold folks see that.

Saluki_man
November 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM
If Eastern Illinois makes it, they will make the three hour bus ride to Carbondale. Way too easy of a bus trip for the committee to avoid.

HensRock
November 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
plus UMass has not "secured the automatic bid" for the CAA. That is still up in the air.

I'm actually not crazy about the order in which you assemble your field either. Take the 8 auto's plus 3 more from the CAA (as if that's a given) then look at the unwashed masses to fill the last 5 spots.

JMU will probably get in, but it's by no means a given. And I certainly think any discussion of assembling the At-Large field would mention SIU before JMU. I'm throwing the homer flag.

xflaggedx

terrierbob
November 14th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Albany Terriers????? Dear Lord wait until the purple and gold folks see that.

OR the black and gold.

DSUHornet
November 14th, 2007, 03:43 PM

Other than that it looks pretty good and well thought out.

GO GRIZ!

so you play the closest NON-CONFERENCE team to you?

gmoney55
November 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM
This is probably the worst pairing I've ever seen. And you don't even mention Colgate in your others. They can get to 8 DI wins in the No. 7 GPI conference, while many of your teams have no shot to get to the required 7 DI wins.