PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think your QB will be in '08?

ncbears
November 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Season is almost over for my Bears. I am looking foward to seeing our new QB in '08 which will most likely be Dylan Orms from Wheatridge High School. He redshirted this year after leading his team to the 4A state championship. He was the 4A offensive player of the year. That is Colorado's second highest classification.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VHDC491NKv8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zZWozgVLKWc

ChickenMan
November 14th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Not nearly as good as the one we had in '07... :(

MR. CHICKEN
November 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
HE HASN'T LEFT HIS FBS SQWAD YET!...........xsmhx.....BRAWK!

PaladinFan
November 14th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Jordan Sorrells, was South Carolina offensive back of the year his senior year, spent 3 yrs now as a back up and will start as a JR, AND his father is Furman's offensive coordinator.

Furman's offense will really thrive under him next season.

andy7171
November 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Hopefully the one we had in 05 and 06 instead of the one we had in 07!

Actaually there have been rumblings about Ike Whittaker from VA Tech transferring to Towson. Though I find it hard to phathom benching Schaefer his senior year, and I doubt Whittaker would come to Towson to play WRand not QB since that is his main grumble in Blacksburg.

Cobblestone
November 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Our starting QB is Junior Derek Cassidy. He's serviceable but is injured right now. So far his backup D.J. Stefkovich has shown me nothing to indicate that he'll be the starter next season. So I'll say yes, our QB will be back. But hopefully our coach won't.... let me not get started.

andy7171
November 14th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Our starting QB is Junior Derek Cassidy. He's serviceable but is injured right now. So far his backup D.J. Stefkovich has shown me nothing to indicate that he'll be the starter next season. So I'll say yes, our QB will be back. But hopefully our coach won't.... let me not get started.
SAT question...

Cobblestone is to Firing Stowers as maplsbison is/was to FieldTurf!

spelunker64
November 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Nick Mertens
# 18
Quarterback - QB

Height: 6-1 Weight: 210

Sophomore

Previous Affiliations
East Grand Forks HS (Bruce Nelson)

East Grand Forks, Minn

Husky Alum
November 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Our current QB (Anthony Orio) will graduate in only 3 years, so if he wants to come back and play while in Grad School as a senior, he can.

If not it will be John Sperazza (Senior), or Alex Dulski (Sophomore).

lizrdgizrd
November 14th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Armanti Edwards. Maybe you've heard of him. xeyebrowx

JayJ79
November 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Barring any big transfers or JuCo acquisitions, Northern Iowa's QB for '08 will most likely be:

Pat Grace (http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/grace_pat00.html)

I think he shows some great potential, with both his arm and on the ground.

terrierbob
November 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Ben Widmeyer. Collier's gone. Widmeyer has been inconsistent; he may be able to even out as "the man" next year.

slostang
November 14th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Jonathan Dally returns next year for Cal Poly. He is leading an offense that is second in the FCS in total offense (491.4 yards per game) and is the top rated QB in the FCS in passing efficiency with a 200.7 QB rating. In 10 games this season he has thrown for 2,168 yards with 27 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions. He has also rushed for 663 yards and nine more touchdowns.

Cal Poly returns 10 starters on offense in 2008 including WRs Ramse Barden (leading WR in the FCS) and Tredale Tolver and RBs James Noble, Ryan Mole and Jon Hall.

ASUPATCH
November 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM

That name doesn't ring a bell. Wait.....it's coming to me.....yeah, yeah that skinny kid that beat Umass and Michigan back to back. Better question, who will be your QB in 09? I know the answer to that one too.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
R.J. Toman

Looked good against Deleware.

Very good athlete...strong arm....huge shoes to fill.

Alot of returning starters on offense should help him.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Matt Nichols is the top 10 in the nation for yards, yards/game, and TDs... and he's only a sophmore. He'll definitely be back next year to tear it up!xthumbsupx

TheValleyRaider
November 14th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Alex Relph should be back under center, unless he's really outplayed by Greg Sullivan or Charles Babb (or I suppose Fucillo again) in Spring Ball and Fall Camp. Biddle likes to stick with the vets, and minus some bad interceptions here and there, Relph has been a steady hand at the offense's wheel (that is, he hasn't dropped the ball when handing off to Jordan Scott xnodx :D)

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM

I believe so... and also a little birdie told me he is pretty good... ?xsmiley_wix

LacesOut
November 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM

LMAO

That's gold, Mr. Chicken. Gold.

grizband
November 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Jonathan Dally returns next year for Cal Poly. He is leading an offense that is second in the FCS in total offense (491.4 yards per game) and is the top rated QB in the FCS in passing efficiency with a 200.7 QB rating. In 10 games this season he has thrown for 2,168 yards with 27 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions. He has also rushed for 663 yards and nine more touchdowns.

Cal Poly returns 10 starters on offense in 2008 including WRs Ramse Barden (leading WR in the FCS) and Tredale Tolver and RBs James Noble, Ryan Mole and Jon Hall.
Not sure I want the Griz to face that offense next season. xeekx

Col Hogan
November 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Liam Coen returns for his senior year....

813Jag
November 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Barring any changes it will be Bryant Lee the current starter. He's had a good season and he continues to improve.
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper950/stills/i2n7i705.jpg

ncbears
November 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Not sure I want the Griz to face that offense next season. xeekx

Then keep schedule the likes of Western State of Colorado. Isn't that who you open up against? NOCo opens at Purdue. We're not afraid of playing anyone.

Umass74
November 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM
UMass' Liam Coen will be a senior next year.

In case you haven't heard, he has more TD passes this year than either Ricky Santos or Joe Flacco. :)

Kelly Green
November 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
#7 - Danny Freund (http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58641&SPID=6399&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=751211&Q_SEASON=2007) (2007 Statistics (https://admin.xosn.com/fls/13500/stats/football/2007/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND))

griz37
November 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Same one as this year. #14 Cole Bergquist

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 12:38 PM
what about 09 everybody?

we will still have armanti!

mcveyrl
November 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Rodney Landers will be back next year. Hopefully Holloman gets a med. redshirt approved and both will be in the backfield (although Griff Yancey's not too shabby either)

kalm
The second coming of Eric Meyer.

Nichols has a chance to be that good. His sophomore numbers are well ahead of Meyer's, he is taller, and might have a better arm. He may not be quite as good a scrambler so he'll need a better o-line than meyer had, but Nichol's definitely has the goods. Should be fun to watch for the next couple of years. xthumbsupx

ASUG8
what about 09 everybody?

we will still have armanti!

Not to derail, but besides Coco, who do we have in a backup given that we're losing Elder this year (arguably the best backup around this year)?

grizband
November 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Then keep schedule the likes of Western State of Colorado. Isn't that who you open up against? NOCo opens at Purdue. We're not afraid of playing anyone.
I've heard rumblings that Cal Poly and UC Davis might be on the schedule in 2008. I will take playing them over a FBS game any day.

mlbowl
November 14th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Yeah...the Griz never schedule FBS teamsxrolleyesx ...are you seriously smacking the Griz? Didn't we spank UNC 52 to 7...yes, i'm pretty sure I saw that score somewherexthumbsupx

brownbear
November 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Brown returns Michael Dougherty at QB next year. He is averaging 309 passing yards per game and has 3 400+ yard games this year. He's only 470 yards away from the Ivy League single-season record.

slostang
November 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I've heard rumblings that Cal Poly and UC Davis might be on the schedule in 2008. I will take playing them over a FBS game any day.

I know that UC Davis is suppose to travel to Missoula in 2008. Is there a possibility that the Griz might travel to San Luis Obispo in 2008? That would rock if they did.

LehighFan11
November 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I don't even want to think about it!

BULLDOG8180
November 14th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Bart Blanchard, will be a redshirt sophomore next season. Has played well since Lawson was hurt.
Last week against Elon, 22-29 379 yds!

The future looks bright in Charleston!

HensRock
November 14th, 2007, 02:06 PM

Pat Bostick (http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bostick_pat00.html)

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Not sure. Probably one of three guys.

1. Nick Hill has appealed for another year of eligibility with the NCAA. It's a longshot possibility, as "playing" a year of basketball at WKU is counting against him.

2. Joe Allaria-Primary backup this year. He has played some, mostly in the second half of blowouts. He's known more for his feet than his arm. He has 26 carries for 195 yards (6.5 yds/carry) and a TD. He has only thrown 20 passes and completed 11.

3. Bobby Brenneisen-Redshirt freshman who in high school led his team to back-to-back 5A State Football Championships as a two-year varsity starter.
He threw 75 TD passes in high school and 6,409 yards in two seasons as a two year starter.

Kill'em
November 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
The heir apparent to Jayson Foster is Billy Lowe, who will be a sophomore next year. There is also a possibility of Lee Chappelle, one of Hatcher's steals and prized recruits who is redshirting this year.

griz37
November 14th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I know that UC Davis is suppose to travel to Missoula in 2008. Is there a possibility that the Griz might travel to San Luis Obispo in 2008? That would rock if they did.

The rumor is a 5 year deal. 3 in Missoula, 2 in SLO, but the 1st game next year would be at your house.

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Then keep schedule the likes of Western State of Colorado. Isn't that who you open up against? NOCo opens at Purdue. We're not afraid of getting our a$$es handed to us on a platter by anyone.

xthumbsupx

ncbears
November 14th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah...the Griz never schedule FBS teamsxrolleyesx ...are you seriously smacking the Griz? Didn't we spank UNC 52 to 7...yes, i'm pretty sure I saw that score somewherexthumbsupx

That's because our coach doesn't recruit criminals. And don't refer to our players getting in trouble last year because Downing didn't recriut any of those who got into trouble.

Elon Fightin' Christians
November 14th, 2007, 02:43 PM
2008- Scott Riddle
2009- Scott Riddle
2010- Scott Riddle

lizrdgizrd
November 14th, 2007, 02:46 PM
2008- Scott Riddle
2009- Scott Riddle
2010- Scott Riddle
xbawlingx

stevdock
November 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
The rumor is a 5 year deal. 3 in Missoula, 2 in SLO, but the 1st game next year would be at your house.

Why won't NDSU and Montana do this type of deal? I know that long term for NDSU they will have 8 conference games next year, 4 home, 4 road. And NDSU would love the have 2 more home games, and one FBS team every year, so I know there isn't room for something like that. But I also think NDSU needs to get over the fact that we aren't going to be able to have 6 home games every year. I would love to see a OOC rivalry built up with Montana, just like we have the last 6-8 years will Poly and UC Davis.

blur2005
November 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Pat Bostick (http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bostick_pat00.html)
I don't think so - he's started more games this year than any other Pitt QB.

mlbowl
November 14th, 2007, 03:09 PM
That's because our coach doesn't recruit criminals. And don't refer to our players getting in trouble last year because Downing didn't recriut any of those who got into trouble.

Neither does ours...all those players were transfersxreadx ...Btw, the only troubled athlete to see playing time against UNC was Greg Coleman...he had 4 rushes and 1 reception in the 4th qtr...pretty sure we didn't need him to whoop the Bears azz...nice try thoxthumbsupx

ncbears
November 14th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Neither does ours...all those players were transfersxreadx ...Btw, the only troubled athlete to see playing time against UNC was Greg Coleman...he had 4 rushes and 1 reception in the 4th qtr...pretty sure we didn't need him to whoop the Bears azz...nice try thoxthumbsupx

Well congrats on beating a bunch of freshmen and redshirt freshmen. Pat yourselves on the back for that one ace!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

griz37
November 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Why won't NDSU and Montana do this type of deal? I know that long term for NDSU they will have 8 conference games next year, 4 home, 4 road. And NDSU would love the have 2 more home games, and one FBS team every year, so I know there isn't room for something like that. But I also think NDSU needs to get over the fact that we aren't going to be able to have 6 home games every year. I would love to see a OOC rivalry built up with Montana, just like we have the last 6-8 years will Poly and UC Davis.

I know there was a rumor about the Griz vs. NDSU in Vegas, since Grambling didn't work out, but I don't think it is going to happen.

DSUHornet
November 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Vashon Winton is returning for his senior year. i hope when he graduates we get someone better than he was though. No knock on him i just think his decision-making and arm strength are testy at times.

slostang
November 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM

That is awesome. Cal Poly's home schedule next year is looking promising. I think we have UC Davis, Idaho State, University of South Dakota, Southern Utah and now possibly Montana. I am hoping Cal Poly schedules 12 games next year and has at least 6 home games.

Purple For Life
November 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Pat Grace is gonna be the guy, but I'm slightly concerned that he will be a junior by next year. Sanders has played for nearly all four years. He'll be sorely missed.

NashMoc
November 14th, 2007, 04:02 PM
UTC will have three candidates vying for the QB position next season. Two have played sparingly this season and have not looked particularly good. Possibles are Miss St transfer Ty Evans, Kent St transfer Tony Pastore and Cody Romans. Based on the fact that Pastore started the Jax St game and was the first off the bench in the blowout loss to Wofford, I would have to give him the edge.

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Nick Mertens
# 18
Quarterback - QB

Height: 6-1 Weight: 210

Sophomore

Previous Affiliations
East Grand Forks HS (Bruce Nelson)

East Grand Forks, Minn

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Look forward to seeing Nick play more next year.

mlbowl
November 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well congrats on beating a bunch of freshmen and redshirt freshmen. Pat yourselves on the back for that one ace!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Well...I did some quick research. This is what was listed for offensive participation for UNC vs. UM

QB - Dominic Breazeale - SR
RB - David Woods - JR
RB - Tyrone Wilson - SO
RB - Jeff Vaden - SR
TE - Clint Wright - SR
TE - Ryan Chesla - JR
WR - Andy Birkel - SR
WR - Cory Fauver - JR
WR - Brandon Smith - SO
C - Jake Gable - SR
OG - Chris Jones - SO

So, I'll pat myself on the back for my beloved Griz beating on a bunch of sophomores, juniors and seniors.xthumbsupx

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM
08??? 08??????? xeekx xeekx xeekx

We STILL trying to figure out who will be our QB for THIS SATURDAY...xreadx

ncbears
November 14th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Well...I did some quick research. This is what was listed for offensive participation for UNC vs. UM

QB - Dominic Breazeale - SR
RB - David Woods - JR
RB - Tyrone Wilson - SO
RB - Jeff Vaden - SR
TE - Clint Wright - SR
TE - Ryan Chesla - JR
WR - Andy Birkel - SR
WR - Cory Fauver - JR
WR - Brandon Smith - SO
C - Jake Gable - SR
OG - Chris Jones - SO

So, I'll pat myself on the back for my beloved Griz beating on a bunch of sophomores, juniors and seniors.xthumbsupx

They may have participated but we've had a lot of young guys play more minutes. Most of our players are underclassmen. I think about 70%

Baldy
November 14th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Billy Lowe's highlight video...this guy is the real deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax7Zw8oznF4

bjtheflamesfan
November 14th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Brock Smith will be back under center for LU in 08. Mike Brown and Spencer Landis will be in the wings

gregatim
November 14th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I know there was a rumor about the Griz vs. NDSU in Vegas, since Grambling didn't work out, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Now somebody is thinking. That would be ssaaaawwwweeeeeeeetttt!!xnodx xnodx

CID1990
November 14th, 2007, 08:19 PM
2008- Scott Riddle
2009- Scott Riddle
2010- Scott Riddle

2008-Air Bart
2009- Air Bart
2010- Air Bart

Sorry, couldn't resist.

UNCBears2010
November 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
UNC will likely start RS Freshman James Schrenk next year, not Orms. A lot of Juniors on your list are Juco transfers playing their first year of DI ball.

McNeese75
November 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM
McNeese will return all 4 QBs that are currently on the roster xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
November 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
UD: Who is unhappy at #2 on the depth chart of some FBS team? :D

UNH 40
November 14th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I think this could get more interesting then a lot of people may think. Toman did a good job filling in in Santos' absence but I think that he is far from a lock as the starter next fall. Freshman Kevin Decker is a very good talent with a tremendous arm and is extremely accurate. From what I have heard he Decker is a very hard worker that already has a very strong grasp on the offense. I think spring practice is going to be very interesting to see which one of these guys emerge as the 2008 starter.

slycat
November 14th, 2007, 09:40 PM
returning Bradley George for his jr year.

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Now somebody is thinking. That would be ssaaaawwwweeeeeeeetttt!!xnodx xnodx

Indeed, but the Griz would still take flak for not playing you in Fargo. xsmhx

Mn_Moose
November 14th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Pat Grace is gonna be the guy, but I'm slightly concerned that he will be a junior by next year. Sanders has played for nearly all four years. He'll be sorely missed.
Could I wish? Tyler Lorenzen (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/MFootball/2008/Bios/lorenzen.html) comes back to his families hometown

AggieFinn
November 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM
QB U has this youngster named Greg Denham out of Auburn, CA. You will hear about him extensively for the next three years starting in '08. Incomer Sean Maraz out of Phoenix and Danny Alfaro out of Covina, CA will also push for the starting job in '08.

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2007/10/31/19/70-4S1DENHAM.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

UCABEARS75
November 15th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Our QB next year will be Nathan Brown...

The same as '05, '06, & '07

ncbears
November 15th, 2007, 09:13 AM
UNC will likely start RS Freshman James Schrenk next year, not Orms. A lot of Juniors on your list are Juco transfers playing their first year of DI ball.

I think it will be a competition between Schrenk and Orms but it's almost as if they were setting up the offense for him this year. We ran the option with a non-option qb. Orms will burn you with his running ability. I do like Schrenk though. Should be a good competition.

WrenFGun
November 15th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I think this could get more interesting then a lot of people may think. Toman did a good job filling in in Santos' absence but I think that he is far from a lock as the starter next fall. Freshman Kevin Decker is a very good talent with a tremendous arm and is extremely accurate. From what I have heard he Decker is a very hard worker that already has a very strong grasp on the offense. I think spring practice is going to be very interesting to see which one of these guys emerge as the 2008 starter.

With all due respect to both you (as I'm aware you're much closer to the team than I am) and Decker, I don't see any forseeable circumstance where Toman is not the starter. He really impressed me this season, as he throws the deep ball well, particularly on the run, and he moves around extremely well. He's probably not as "slippery" as Santos is, but by sheer speed, I'm not sure it's close. I recall him out-running Kaysonne Anderson on a touchdown run to the endzone that was called back. With his speed, UNH could do a lot of tricky things with him. Both Decker and Toman seem undersized, but Decker doesn't seem nearly the athlete that Toman is, IMO.

ButlerGSU
November 15th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I'd say Billy Lowe right now but we're pretty much loaded with QBs right now so it'll be a fight the entire spring.

rmutv
November 15th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Right now, the starting quarterback for the Robert Morris Colonials in 2008 is likely the incumbent. Senior Erik Cwalinski has started since about mid-way through his freshman year, but he hit some rough spots as a junior this year and was even benched for the first quarter of the Central Connecticut State game.

His immediate backup likely will still be junior Camdin Crouse, who started that CCSU game before inexplicably getting pulled. Then again, Crouse has every reason to transfer if he doesn't think he has a chance of playing. He has the talent. It's all a question of what he wants to do.

The darkhorses:
Sophomore Desmond Brently, who sat out this year after transferring from Grambling. Brently is from the Pittsburgh area. Another Pittsburgh guy, Aaron Smetanka, dressed for most of the games this year and will be a sophomore.

ngineer
November 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
At Lehigh the betting money is on J.B. Clark, frosh from Jupiter, FL. Bokosky is currently running the offense with Threatt, but many feel he doesn't have the arm strength to 'stretch the field'..His decision-making and ability to 'manage' the game could go a long way to making him competitive come the Brown & White Game. Trace Cisneros from Weston, FL is also considered to be able to challenge. Supposedly a little more athletic than Clark and may end up in the secondary as well. The spring competitiion should be hot and heavy next year--as will the competition for starting RBs based upon the performances put on this year by freshmen Walker and Kankam. Pastore and McGowan will be back, again.

carney2
November 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
At Lafayette there will be 5 in the mix come spring practice. Personally, I thought that one of the 3 freshmen would eventually be "the man," but sophomore Rob Curley has now gotten 3 consecutive starts. He is not the second coming of Joe Montana, but he is getting experience and hasn't done anything to embarrrass himself, so one or another of the freshmen is running out of time to step up and sieze the moment. My personal probability projections:

Rob Curley, Sophomore 40% - Became the starter after senior Mike DiPaola proved ineffective. Is doing reasonably well for a first year starter and has put some distance between himself and the pack.

Josh Jones, Redshirt Freshman 5% - Has become the forgotten man. In the few times that I have seen him, I would rate him consistently erratic.

Peter Raymond, Freshman 30% - Was at one time or another recruited by Boston College, Syracuse and UConn. Was the fair haired boy coming in the door in August and still may get his shot.

Pat Carey, Freshman 20% - Is the career 10th all-time passer in Pennsylvania high school history and holds just about every passing record there is in PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) District 6. Has an arm strength problem, but always seems to "get it done."

Marc Quilling, Freshman 5% - Played for a run oriented coach in high school and was an "afterthought" recruit at Lafayette. Is threrefore a question mark. Has a commanding presence and a good attitude. Could be a sleeper.

SuperEagle
November 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Pat White or Tim Tebow but my guess is White. Both these guys are looking to transfer to Ga. Southern. Appears they both like hot chicks, hot weather and gnats. Kind of a weird combination but oh well. I guess
they have a chance of making our team if they're lucky.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
My guess: Chapple then Lowe

bjtheflamesfan
November 15th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Pat White or Tim Tebow but my guess is White. Both these guys are looking to transfer to Ga. Southern. Appears they both like hot chicks, hot weather and gnats. Kind of a weird combination but oh well. I guess
they have a chance of making our team if they're lucky.
Now that's funny right there...

KJ Eagle
November 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
The heir apparent to Jayson Foster is Billy Lowe, who will be a sophomore next year. There is also a possibility of Lee Chappelle, one of Hatcher's steals and prized recruits who is redshirting this year.

I can't wait to see that competition. The winner of the spot is going to be good!
xnodx

Kill'em
November 15th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I can't wait to see that competition. The winner of the spot is going to be good!
xnodx

Don't forget Kyle Collins. He will only be a sophomore and then there is Travis Clark. Could it be possible he would go from the starter in '06 to 4th string by his senior year?

citdog
November 15th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Cadet Bart Blanchard will lead The Citadel to the playoffs the next 3 seasons!

Tealblood
November 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM
either rising senior and current starter Will Richardson( who needs to improve a siht ton)

or who everybody says is the heir appearent red shirt frosh Jamie Childers

Tealblood
November 15th, 2007, 04:47 PM
my guess though is we throw Richardson to the wolves in Happy Valley, and then bring in Childers for the 2nd half and the rest of the year.

WildCat In The Hat
November 15th, 2007, 04:50 PM
With all due respect to both you (as I'm aware you're much closer to the team than I am) and Decker, I don't see any forseeable circumstance where Toman is not the starter. He really impressed me this season, as he throws the deep ball well, particularly on the run, and he moves around extremely well. He's probably not as "slippery" as Santos is, but by sheer speed, I'm not sure it's close. I recall him out-running Kaysonne Anderson on a touchdown run to the endzone that was called back. With his speed, UNH could do a lot of tricky things with him. Both Decker and Toman seem undersized, but Decker doesn't seem nearly the athlete that Toman is, IMO.

I agree with Toman starting next year. But I do have to say, I saw Decker in a couple of scrimmages and he can move. I was very impressed. I think he is very athletic and with a year or two in the weight room under his belt, who knows what can happen. The kid is 6'3. All in all, I think we have two quality quarterbacks on the roster next year. You only hope one of them has the QB intelligence and will to win that Santos has.

ERASU2113
November 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
It's already been answered but did you really have to ask us? haha ;)

EKU05
November 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Current QB and Wake Forest transfer Allan Holland will return for his senior year, and he'll be backed up by the very mobile sophomore (and 2 star signee Cody Watts). Watts will likely get in for a series here and there just for a change of pace.

james_lawfirm
November 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Batman.

OK, sorry --- BUT CAN WE PLEASE PLAY SOME FOOTBALL?????

gophoenix
November 15th, 2007, 09:43 PM
2008-Air Bart
2009- Air Bart
2010- Air Bart

Sorry, couldn't resist.

He did look pretty good.