PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Board Material

Khan4Cats
November 14th, 2007, 08:15 AM
So, say your team is 0-10 and you are about to play your last game of the season at the home of a team that is 10-0 and ranked #1 in several polls, what is about the last thing you want to do? Maybe something like this:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1311081

Northern Iowa, No. 1 in the media poll, plays Meier's Southern Utah team. Meier said he "would feel great" about setting up NDSU for a chance at the top ranking in both polls.

"We want to see the guys in our conference, the guys we have a tremendous amount of respect for as coaches and players, do well," he said. "No disrespect to Northern Iowa, but I just don't know if they're the quality of some of the teams in our conference."

Thunderstruck84
November 14th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I saw that also, I was thinking about starting a thread about it but I didn't want to add any fuel to the fire. I'd undestand if Meier would wanted to tell that to his players but why tell the media types, you know UNI is going to get wind of it xnonono2x. All he needs to do is look at Wyoming's Joe Glenn last saturday to see the kind of effect a bold (a.k.a. stupid) statement can have on the opposing teams players/coaching staff/fans. Having said that, I only have one more thing to say.... xhurrayx xhurrayxGO SUUxhurrayx xhurrayx xlolx xlolx xpeacex

Barnstormer
November 14th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, it was brought up yesterday on 'On Press Row' the daily sports call in show that our play-by-play guy does. So more and more folks around here are hearing about it.

The station interviewed Meier about it and that was the last question and I'm not kidding.. he spent about 5 minutes trying to explain what he ment. It was a bigger retreat then a French battalion.