PDA

View Full Version : The amazing Ladarius Webb

McNeese_beat
November 14th, 2007, 01:28 AM
I'm surprised I haven't seen this on this board (maybe I just missed it and if I did, I apologize). But what this kid has done this year merits serious, serious kudos: xthumbsupx

(The following is the SLC press release):
THIBODAUX, La. - When Nicholls State junior Ladarius Webb was awarded the Southland Conference Special Teams Player of the Week award on Monday morning, it did not only mark the first time he garnered the accolade, but it was also the first time on the NCAA Division-I level that a player had won all three (offense, defense, and special teams) conference awards in a single season.

Webb has been named SLC defensive player of the week twice so far this season with the first award coming in week one after intercepting three passes and returning one for a touchdown in the Colonels 16-14 win over Division I-FBS participant Rice. He picked up his second award in a conjunction with fellow teammate Kareem Moore when the duo combined for a NCAA record tying four interception returns for touchdowns in a 58-0 win over Northwestern State in week five. All four interception returns came in the first half, which set the NCAA mark for most interception returns for touchdowns in a half.

The Opelika, Ala. native picked up SLC offensive player of the week honors after being called in for emergency relief at quarterback against Azusa Pacific. Webb, who was a quarterback in high school in a similar offense, ran the Colonels vaunted triple-option attack flawlessly for 120 yards on eight carries which included a 76-yard touchdown run.

His latest award on special teams from the Southland conference was in light of a league and school record 96-yard punt return for a touchdown against Texas State. He tallied 127 total return yards (96 punt 31

kickoff) in the game on his way to picking up the accolade. The 96-yard punt return was two yards shy of the NCAA record as well.

Webb currently leads the team with 1,103 all purpose yards and in interceptions with five, three of which were returned for touchdowns.

He is also fourth on the team in tackles with 43 (32 solo) and leads the team in pass breakups with eight. For his strong play this season with the Colonels, he was named to the mid-season Buck Buchanan Award Watch List.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2007, 02:17 AM
good gracious, sounds like a man!

GeauxColonels
November 14th, 2007, 06:57 AM
He's put on quite a show this year and has been CRUCIAL to the team's success. I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the fact that he's done all of this or the fact that he's only a junior and he'll be back next season!

sharkeycox
November 14th, 2007, 09:56 AM
He's put on quite a show this year and has been CRUCIAL to the team's success. I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the fact that he's done all of this or the fact that he's only a junior and he'll be back next season!

Hopefully he'll declare for the NFL draft!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx