PDA

View Full Version : Official Predictions!

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 06:04 PM
What are you guys' official predictions as for who will come out champion? may be a little too early to talk results but alot of you have it in your head who you think will get the job done. who, even if its your team, do you really think has the best shot at going all the way?

appmountaineer
November 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I would like to say my App state team has the best shot(not saying they won't) but...honestly I think UNI is a solid team this year and probably stands the best chance

appfan2008
November 13th, 2007, 06:16 PM
silly question today... but honestly i like asu's chances as well as anyones and i know that is a homer statement but who cares... go apps

Tribe4SF
November 13th, 2007, 06:26 PM
UNI has to be the favorite. Dark horse is Richmond, who has two big road wins over UD and JMU. Very impressive.

appfan2008
November 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
i agree if i was a betting man i would go with uni but i aint go apps

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM
IT'LL BE SOMEBODAH.......WHIFF STIFFLIN' D.......LEAVES OUT DUH HENS....:(.....BRAWK!

skinny_uncle
November 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
IT'LL BE SOMEBODAH.......WHIFF STIFFLIN' D.......LEAVES OUT DUH HENS....:(.....BRAWK!
UNI and Montana only give up 13.5 ppg. Are they your favorites?

JWho10
November 13th, 2007, 07:40 PM
App. State is always scary when it comes playoff time & UNI looks good .... but I gotta say UMASS ... LETS GO UMASS

appfan2008
November 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM

not necessarily... both the last two years our O carried us... except against uni when our D seriously stepped up...

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure on Richmond being a dark horse.

I like UNI's chances, but I think any of the top 5-8 teams have shots.

Khan4Cats
November 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure on Richmond being a dark horse.

I like UNI's chances, but I think any of the top 5-8 teams have shots.

I agree, I think the top 10 teams are all very good and balance each other out to some degree with different strengths and weaknesses. I know I keep looking at potential playoff match-ups and don't see any teams that make me go "Oh please let us match up with them, that's a game we win 9 out of 10 times." Even some of the "last teams in" teams and "last out" would be dangerous match-ups.

But I agree, I like how UNI has approached games all year, just a workman-like effort with all attention focused on the game at hand. No panic when things don't go well, just keep adjusting until they find something that works. This team is on a mission and is extremely well-focused in addition to being talented and experienced.

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I agree, I think the top 10 teams are all very good and balance each other out to some degree with different strengths and weaknesses. I know I keep looking at potential playoff match-ups and don't see any teams that make me go "Oh please let us match up with them, that's a game we win 9 out of 10 times." Even some of the "last teams in" teams and "last out" would be dangerous match-ups.

But I agree, I like how UNI has approached games all year, just a workman-like effort with all attention focused on the game at hand. No panic when things don't go well, just keep adjusting until they find something that works. This team is on a mission and is extremely well-focused in addition to being talented and experienced.

I would disagree with part of that because while i believe that the top 8 teams or so are all very dangerous... i think the bottom three or four really are not that great and not naming names but there are a few that i am really hoping that we get matched up with

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2007, 09:31 AM
UNI and Montana only give up 13.5 ppg. Are they your favorites?

UNI, yes.

Montana, no.

ASU's defense takes a lot of shots, but put us up against Montana's schedule and we'd probably have about 13.5 points a game too.
We held Northern Colorado to 21 (with the last 8 coming in garbage time) thats way below their 31 big sky average. Montana, however, did hold them to 16.

RAMS83
November 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
think the bottom three or four really are not that great and not naming names but there are a few that i am really hoping that we get matched up with

Careful what you wish for. Fordham doesnt scare anyone -- but that may because you havent seen us play in person. We have a terrific soph. QB in 6'5 220 John "El Passo" Skelton (El Paso, TX hometown). We'll score points on any team in the field. The question is can our defense hold up. We're small but fast. The coach likes speed on Defense so he moved DBs to LBs -LBs to DE's etc..

Live4Griz
November 14th, 2007, 11:45 AM
UNI, yes.

Montana, no.

ASU's defense takes a lot of shots, but put us up against Montana's schedule and we'd probably have about 13.5 points a game too.
We held Northern Arizona to 21 (with the last 8 coming in garbage time) thats way below their 31 big sky average. Montana, however, did hold them to 16.

Fixed it for you!

Go GRIZ!!

appfan2008
November 14th, 2007, 12:25 PM
think the bottom three or four really are not that great and not naming names but there are a few that i am really hoping that we get matched up with

Careful what you wish for. Fordham doesnt scare anyone -- but that may because you havent seen us play in person. We have a terrific soph. QB in 6'5 220 John "El Passo" Skelton (El Paso, TX hometown). We'll score points on any team in the field. The question is can our defense hold up. We're small but fast. The coach likes speed on Defense so he moved DBs to LBs -LBs to DE's etc..

would love to have you come to boone...!

Khan4Cats
November 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I would disagree with part of that because while i believe that the top 8 teams or so are all very dangerous... i think the bottom three or four really are not that great and not naming names but there are a few that i am really hoping that we get matched up with

Don't get me wrong on that, I think UNI matches up pretty well with everyone, its just that some of the teams sitting on the bubble are teams that often have really explosive offenses. The ability to put up big numbers in a playoff game could win shootouts. UNI managed to get into three of those type contests in 2005 on the way to the championship game, I'm not sure we would give up that many points this year with the defense we have, but there are some teams more than capable of having a big game.
Are there a couple teams that I would like to play first round? Sure, but I was more looking at the second round and there is a lot of depth this year. I think if we get the #1 seed we should get a favorable draw, not that the committee has ever done UNI any favors with pairings in the past, wouldn't be surprised to get to get a doozy of a game even if we are #1.

HensRock
November 14th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Prediction:
Montana will get the #2 seed
McNeese will get the #3 seed
McNeese will have 3 home games.

Squealofthepig
November 14th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Prediction:
Montana will get the #2 seed
McNeese will get the #3 seed
McNeese will have 3 home games.

I would love to disagree with this more, but this strikes me as a fairly wise prognostication. If you give Montana a first year pass (no guarantee this year for certain!), the caliber of Montana's second-round opponent - no matter who's list you look at - will be at least as good as any team they've played all year, and the Griz have some key injuries and distractions to boot.

And we still have to get through Bozeman, too, where a Cats win puts a much brighter shine on what's been an unfortunately disappointing season for them.

grizzpaw
November 14th, 2007, 02:46 PM
if we win on saturday we SHOULD be the #2 seed!