PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions about Cuff

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 11:22 AM
What year is he in(on the field) and if he is not out of eligibility, will he be returning?

bandl
November 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
My only question is when the hell is he going to be gone??? Enough of that guy, take it to the NFL already and leave the CAA schools alone! xlolx xlolx

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Cuff was part of the recruiting class that signed in February of 2003, but he gray-shirted and didn't enroll at UD until January of 2004. Technically, then, he was a true freshman eligibility-wise when he played on the 2004 team. He is a senior this year and as this is his 4th year playing ('04, '05, '06, and this year), he will be out of eligibility at the end of this year (hopefully with the team in Chattanooga).

Still a long shot to be picked up in the NFL Draft. Although he's similar, especially in size, to Brian Westbrook (who went in the 3rd round when he was drafted) Cuff isn't as fast as Westbrook was, he hasn't shown that he can play special teams like Westbrook did (Cuff doesn't return punts or kicks for UD - not sure if he can and they just save him for offense), but he is a pretty good pass blocker. He'll either be a late round pick or, at the least, he'll be a camp invite.

Oh, and he's a shoe-in to be a Payton Award finalist and may be the front-runner for the award.

th0m
November 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Seriously Cuff has been spectacular this year (and every year against JMU, really) and it would be great to see another CAA player receive the Payton award.

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
It only took one stiff arm to convince me he was the real deal.

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM

Dude, that was one of the best stiff arms I've ever seen - I replayed the one he put on Scott on that TD run over and over again. You could see Scott's whole body shoot backwards when Cuff did it. A thing of beauty, well, at least for a UD fan! xthumbsupx

HensRock
November 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM

http://www.gohens.net/images/Game%20%204%20-%20Towson/_mwc7975.jpg

LacesOut
November 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Cuff and Flacco are both gone after this year.

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks HR - that's the one I was talking about - blew up the defender with the stiff arm about 4 yards outside the endzone. It was almost like he was playing Madden.

HIU 93
November 13th, 2007, 12:03 PM
He reminds me of Alonzo Coleman.

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Dude, that was one of the best stiff arms I've ever seen - I replayed the one he put on Scott on that TD run over and over again. You could see Scott's whole body shoot backwards when Cuff did it. A thing of beauty, well, at least for a UD fan! xthumbsupx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKuugImn_Zs&NR=1

It's at the 1:25 mark of the clip.

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Blew. Him. Up.

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 12:14 PM
He reminds me of Alonzo Coleman.

Omar's more of a threat to catch the ball, though. They even line him up as a WR on the empty backfield formations now.

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Yeah, that's the one. :o

I'm guessing you missed the pass interfernce non-call at the 1:20 mark? The ref did too. xmadx

813Jag
November 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Impressive! xthumbsupx Do they have any more like him where he's from? xlolx

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Impressive! xthumbsupx Do they have any more like him where he's from? xlolx

where is he from?

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 12:27 PM
PG COUNTY BABY!!

HensRock
November 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Springdale, MD
C.H. Flowers H.S.

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM
PG COUNTY BABY!!
Just like Westbrook. xeyebrowx

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Just like Westbrook. xeyebrowx

Just like andy7171! xthumbsupx

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 12:34 PM
i consider p.g. county to be d.c.

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM
i consider p.g. county to be d.c.
Without a doubt it is, PG and Montgomery County should just merge with DC and let the rest of Maryland elect who we want to.

I thought Cuff went to Eleanor Roosevelt in Greenbelt, but his roster line has him from Flowers.

HensRock
November 13th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Without a doubt it is, PG and Montgomery County should just merge with DC and let the rest of Maryland elect who we want to.

I thought Cuff went to Eleanor Roosevelt in Greenbelt, but his roster line has him from Flowers.

I think he did attend Roosevelt and transfered to Flowers. He graduated from Flowers.

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Without a doubt it is, PG and Montgomery County should just merge with DC
xeekx You saying that to get a rise out of me? xsmiley_wix

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 01:07 PM
xeekx You saying that to get a rise out of me? xsmiley_wix
:)
OK, PG merges with DC and MoCo goes to Virginia. Maryland instantly becomes a red state.

HIU 93
November 13th, 2007, 01:28 PM
OK, PG merges with DC and MoCo goes to Virginia. Maryland instantly becomes a red state.

Not as long as you have Baltimore.

HIU 93
November 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Omar's more of a threat to catch the ball, though. They even line him up as a WR on the empty backfield formations now.

They did that with Alonzo as well. I think Omar is more durable than Alonzo, but no where near as fast (not 40 time, but real game speed).

JmuSkinsfan
November 13th, 2007, 01:31 PM

You give Montgomery County to Virginia and coupled with Fairfax and Loudon, Virginia turns blue...pick your poison!

I'm still a proponent of Fairfax, Loudon, Montgomery and Prince Georges joining D.C. as the 51st state. And probably the richest state at that.

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Not as long as you have Baltimore.

Baltimore would be an island. Baltimore County goes 50/50.
I don't want to side track this Cuff thread anymore.

HIU 93
November 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Baltimore would be an island. Baltimore County goes 50/50.
I don't want to side track this Cuff thread anymore.

You did kind of hijack it.xlolx

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'm still a proponent of Fairfax, Loudon, Montgomery and Prince Georges joining D.C. as the 51st state. And probably the richest state at that.

xoopsx xsmhx Being a part of the rest of Maryland is the only saving grace for my county. xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
They did that with Alonzo as well. I think Omar is more durable than Alonzo, but no where near as fast (not 40 time, but real game speed).

Then why did Coleman have so little in terms of receiving stats? He caught, in successive years, 6 passes, 11, 7, and then 3 in his senior year, and he never had more than 100 receiving yards in any year. That's about 6 catches a year. Omar's had receptions of 2, 41, 31, and currently 39 passes in his 4 years, and he missed 4-5 games his junior year.

HIU 93
November 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Then why did Coleman have so little in terms of receiving stats? He caught, in successive years, 6 passes, 11, 7, and then 3 in his senior year, and he never had more than 100 receiving yards in any year. That's about 6 catches a year. Omar's had receptions of 2, 41, 31, and currently 39 passes in his 4 years, and he missed 4-5 games his junior year.

Sensitive, aren't you?xlolx

I didn't say they threw to him all the time, but that he was effective as a pass catcher. We don't use the screen as much as Delaware. Take two valium and call me in the morning- or go get some asss or something, dang.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GannonFan
November 13th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Sensitive, aren't you?xlolx

I didn't say they threw to him all the time, but that he was effective as a pass catcher. We don't use the screen as much as Delaware. Take two valium and call me in the morning- or go get some asss or something, dang.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just checking up on you, HIU! :p :p :p :p :p

BlueHenBoy
November 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
What year is he in(on the field) and if he is not out of eligibility, will he be returning?

This question seems to have arisen from shear fear of him eliminating your team from the playoffs. Gonna' mis him after this year, but Ker(b/v)in Michaud and Mark Duncan seem to have explosivness and talent, they will be fun to watch.

URMite
November 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Springdale, MD
C.H. Flowers H.S.

How close is that to

Waldorf, Md.
Episcopal HS

Hightower is a natural senior this year and was wondering if they saw each? Maybe the playoffs?

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 05:34 PM
This question seems to have arisen from shear fear of him eliminating your team from the playoffs. Gonna' mis him after this year, but Ker(b/v)in Michaud and Mark Duncan seem to have explosivness and talent, they will be fun to watch.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

i'm sure. the last time one man beat a team, the detroit pistons fired their head coach. this is a whole 'nother game my friend. i fear no man and i know 50 other guys i see everyday that fear no man. i simply asked because i thought he was a great talent who could be responsible for bringing some scouts to the area. but somehow, after your remark, i like him alot less...