PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - LAST WEEK

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Lots of important games, but I chose 10 (max allowed by poll) from ChickenMan's list of games involving potential at-large teams.

As always, if you don't like one of the 10, TOUGH... MAKE YOUR OWN POLL.

HensRock
November 13th, 2007, 09:44 AM
How could you leave out ...
that biggest of In-State rivalries...
that press-room blockbuster...
that much anticipated, completely over-hyped...

the "Brawl of the Riled"...

Delaware at Delaware State !!!

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM
UMass and Hofstra as it appears to be the only game between to potential playoff teams. xnodx

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
How could you leave out ...
that biggest of In-State rivalries...
that press-room blockbuster...
that much anticipated, completely over-hyped...

the "Brawl of the Riled"...

Delaware at Delaware State !!!

i think they are talking about games that are actually going on in the last week of the regular season.

in this case, hard to go against a game with the potential to have major playoff implications - UMass/Hofstra

DOME
November 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
You forgot SUU at UNI!!

C'mon two perfect seasons on the line here! :)

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM
UMass - Hofstra ... it's not hard this week. Call me a homer, but I think GSU-Colorado State is second.

terrierbob
November 13th, 2007, 10:41 AM
GSU/Col. State could deterrmine if eaglets stay home.

UMass922
November 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Obviously for me it's UMass-Hofstra, but I went with the non-homer pick of Georgia Southern-Colorado State. GSU will quite simply be in with a win and out with a loss--I can't think of any other team playing this week whose scenario is so black-and-white--so every bubble team around the country will be keeping a close watch on this one.

UMass922
November 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Of course there's also Harvard-Yale--both undefeated in the Ivy League and playing for the conference title--but sadly there are no playoff implications for that one.

bandl
November 13th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Obviously for me it's UMass-Hofstra, but I went with the non-homer pick of Georgia Southern-Colorado State. GSU will quite simply be in with a win and out with a loss--I can't think of any other team playing this week whose scenario is so black-and-white--so every bubble team around the country will be keeping a close watch on this one.

The GSU-CSU game was my second choice for the exact reason. But I chose the UD/Villy game (part homer, I'll admit) because I have this odd feeling that if UD can't take care of Villanova they could be left out. Highly doubtful, but it could happen. xpeacex

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 11:30 AM
GSU will quite simply be in with a win and out with a loss--I can't think of any other team playing this week whose scenario is so black-and-white--
I think JMU is in the same position. xtwocentsx

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM
BTW, glad to see the homer votes continue through the entire season. xrolleyesx xcoffeex

LacesOut
November 13th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Damn, Hofstra only has two losses?? So they are in the playoffs win or lose?

UMass922
November 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I think JMU is in the same position. xtwocentsx

Probably, yeah. Though I think the fact that GSU is playing on the road against an FBS team and JMU is playing at home versus Towson makes the Eagles' game a little juicier.

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Damn, Hofstra only has two losses?? So they are in the playoffs win or lose?
Not necessarily. If they lose while UD, JMU and Richmond win (all will be favored) they could be odd man out. They'd be one game behind all three in the CAA standings and will have only beaten URI, Maine, Towson and W&M in conference.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Of course there's also Harvard-Yale--both undefeated in the Ivy League and playing for the conference title--but sadly there are no playoff implications for that one.

And the Great West has two undefeated (in GWFC) teams meeting for the 95th (or more) time for the title and Dakota Marker. Likewise, no play-off implications. xbawlingx

813Jag
November 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
UMass/Hofstra followed by AAMU/PVU. The AAMU game has a lot on the line for the Bulldogs, with a win they're in great shape to go to Birmingham (I don't think Jackson State will lose but Alcorn can be counted on to have a trick up their sleeve in the CCC) or to be considered for the playoffs. For the Panthers it's a chance to beat the two top teams in the East and build momentum for next year.

spelunker64
November 13th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I voted for UMass-Hofstra,

But I'll be at the "real" GOW in Brookings this Saturday...

CatFan22
November 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I voted for Cat/griz...wait. I didn't vote. xcoffeex

CopperCat
November 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I can understand UMass/Hofstra. But I still had to vote for GSU. Those boys know exactly what they have to do, and I daresay they will find a way to do it. CSU is not a very strong team, and GSU has something to play for: the playoffs, and a redemption of their former image. If I didn't have to friggin' work on Saturday (having three days off in two weeks sucks for us) I would most likely go and watch that game. I'll be pullin' for the Eags for sure.xthumbsupx

TheValleyRaider
November 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Well, for me it's Colgate-Holy Cross, of course

For the poll, I picked UMass-Hofstra. UMass win could put them in position for a seed, while a Hofstra win suddenly makes them a reasonably compelling case for an at-large. 9-2 with a win over UMass isn't too bad, and could hurt JMU (if they win) or Delaware (if they lose). Lots of at-large repercussion potential there.

BlueHenBoy
November 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Delaware v Villanova, the 2nd closest thing we have to an instate rivalry. (Apparently West Chester is our 1st)

AZGrizFan
November 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I chose the Weber/EWU game for homeristic reasons....I REALLY don't want to see the BSC be a one-bid conference this year.... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

appfan2008
November 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM
i chose asu utc cuz i am the ultimate homer...

but honestly to me it is gsu csu bc i would love the socon to get 3 teams in and i believe they will if gsu wins

FCS Preview
November 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hofstra is (7-3)

Losses to UNH, Villanova and Northeastern

lizrdgizrd
November 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I had to vote UMass / Hofstra because both teams have playoff spots riding on it. A Hofstra loss would likely mean no playoffs and a UMass loss would kill all chance of them getting a seed. GSU / Loser FBS team came in a close second because of the clear win-in/lose-out line.

jdb037
November 13th, 2007, 07:36 PM
While the next two games I'm about to list don't have contenders for at large bids, I think they deserve a mention regardless. 2 of the oldest rivalries in college football.

Harvard and Yale
Lehigh and Lafayette

Calif_Colonial
November 13th, 2007, 10:41 PM
While the next two games I'm about to list don't have contenders for at large bids, I think they deserve a mention regardless. 2 of the oldest rivalries in college football.

Harvard and Yale
Lehigh and Lafayette

I'll second the above for sure! History, you have to love it.

I voted for UMass - Hofstra

For the Northeast Conference it is U of Albany at CCSU for the sole ownership of the NEC Championship! The Great Danes are going for 6-0 in conference play.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2007, 12:40 AM
my heart said GSU CSU, but i had to go with deleware....hate to say id like to see them lose, but id like to see them lose.